Home Menu

Menu

Old January 7th, 2019, 02:55 AM #4361
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Alitain wrote: View Post

Yes Kyle intended this to be canon with the show and all. For what it's worth. As Peter said, it likely wont ever matter cause it probably wont really be referenced again. Since this is meant to be the far future, and even then SPD's whole status is questionable the longer the show runs so yeah, just don't worry about it. It's in the future, doesn't matter if you don't want it to be. Just something fun to read.
It's not the far future. SPD was only set in 2025, which is now just six years away. Soul of the Dragon is only set a few years later. Remember, JJ was introduced in Dimensions in Danger.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 06:27 AM #4362
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

talking about SPD does Commander sky where a long coat uniform like his ranger form and commander kruger wore or is it a basic spd uniform
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 06:39 AM #4363
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

talking about SPD does Commander sky where a long coat uniform like his ranger form and commander kruger wore or is it a basic spd uniform
In Soul of the Dragon,
he's wearing a standard SPD uniform. And he has a scar on his face. Of course, we don't see him Morph. So we don't know if he's Dekaranger or not.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 06:42 AM #4364
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Digifiend wrote: View Post

It's not the far future. SPD was only set in 2025, which is now just six years away. Soul of the Dragon is only set a few years later. Remember, JJ was introduced in Dimensions in Danger.
Yeah but this is still past the end of the events of the SPD season. So okay maybe not "far" future, but still it's not just a couple years away was my point.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:11 AM #4365
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

In Soul of the Dragon,
he's wearing a standard SPD uniform. And he has a scar on his face. Of course, we don't see him Morph. So we don't know if he's Dekaranger or not.
we've been told by Stephen bisoff a high employee in hasbro or who ever controls pr is that sky is dekaranger, is there any chance someone could post a picture ?
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:42 AM #4366
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

we've been told by Stephen bisoff a high employee in hasbro or who ever controls pr is that sky is dekaranger, is there any chance someone could post a picture ?
Of him in the Dekaranger suit, or him in uniform in the Soul comic? You can find a better pic of Dekaranger a few pages back when it was being discussed. Or go to the twitter where they posted the pics in the first place, might be easier.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 05:15 PM #4367
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

sky in his spd uniform ive got pics allready of his dekaranger suit

I've also just realised why the ranger of the past and the skeleton don't have the dragon shield, I'm theorising that the sixth power coin was originally too much powerful for anyone to use so one made the dragon shield and bands to dampen and focus its powers so it wouldn't kill its user

Last edited by moonknight2099; January 7th, 2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:41 AM #4368
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

Just read the new issue of GGPR...

Just wanted to pop in and say “I told ya so”.
MikeyRu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 04:57 AM #4369
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

MikeyRu wrote: View Post

Just read the new issue of GGPR...

Just wanted to pop in and say “I told ya so”.
Like I said to you weeks ago, this storyline wasn't going to be a major one. Just a filler.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:49 AM #4370
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

This being a filler arc doesn't excuse some of the writing choices though. I felt there was still a lot left unresolved or unexplained by the end of this issue, especially regarding the whole color switch thing.

- We never really did get an explanation for why their colors switched, or what caused the mind-link thing. I want to give the benefit of the doubt and say maybe this will be addressed in a later issue, but we seem to be moving on from that, so who knows. Also did the rest of the team have that same mind-link? Or was it just Jason and Trini?

- Also regarding the color-switch - I feel like the marketing made a bigger deal out of it than it really was, haha. There wasn't really as much discussion over how someone changes when their color switches other than a few one-page gags. I wish the whole team could have been switched from the start, but then I guess we wouldn't have had the JasonTrini stuff or the KimMattSkull triangle fallout, but whatever.

- Did Adriyel...die?? Or was she just knocked out? I know that was meant to parallel them using the Power Blaster against Pudgy Pig in the first issue of this arc, but her fate wasn't really clear.

- The Baboo plot ending as just being a test of loyalty is probably the only one I felt satisfied by, haha. The whole arc I was thinking his actions seemed very out of nowhere, so him just pretending made a lot more sense.

- Personal stuff like the JasonTrini romance, Kim's stuff with Matt, etc. I also didn't mind not getting entirely resolved since those encompass the entire story, not just one arc. Also I was VERY proud that we managed to go through an entire book without mentioning Matt ;p

I didn't HATE this arc, but it's definitely my least favorite of GGPR's run. I'm very excited to move on and find out more about Alpha-1!

MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:03 AM #4371
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

Hyperforce is pretty awesome. But yeah, takes time to watch. The first episode is a little slow though sure. If you ever feel like getting back into it, what I ended up doing was playing it on my phone with headphones and listening to it during part of my work day. Treat it like an audio book. I mean it is fun watching their faces and reactions to things, but still that might make it easier.

Anyways, Lena's inclusion from Hyperforce is really just a minor thing in terms of...she's listed as part of the team. So you're not missing much. Even if you just watch the show, you can always do what you're doing now, ask questions and people here will help.

Basically that pic was put out as just a fun thing to piggyback off Soul's release. Just...extra stuff. Like it was said, highly doubtful it'll matter to the show at all so you got nothing to worry about.

Honestly, the whole thing is a little slow, although I do agree that it is pretty awesome when you do have 3 hours to commit to an episode. It's tough to find that time though, and while the story is fun and the actors are charming their tendency to go off on tangents makes it easy to see how someone could get fed up with it. I'd love an animated series based on Hyperforce.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:05 AM #4372
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Really love the Kim and Skull stuff being built on with Bulk getting involved, it's great that Kim seemed to enjoy her day out (even if she didn't get what she wanted at the end of it) and considers Skull a gentleman for what he did. I hope this isn't the end of their story.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:35 AM #4373
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Like I said to you weeks ago, this storyline wasn't going to be a major one. Just a filler.
I was absolutely right about the person whose name I said I refused to commit to memory.

They spent half a year on this arc, hyping up that the Rangers would switch colors and roles. I hope those
couple of pages
of the color swapped (and for some reason extremely poorly drawn, like WTF was up with THAT?) Rangers were enough for the fans who were looking forward to it.

Not. Im. Pressed.

I mean, maybe I’m being over critical, but yikes...

Last edited by MikeyRu; January 9th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:27 AM #4374
> MrsManface
Power Ranger

MrsManface
Power Ranger

MagnaChipster wrote: View Post

We never really did get an explanation for why their colors switched, or what caused the mind-link thing.
Go Go spoilers
That was spelled out a couple issues ago. The planet distorted connections to the Morphin Grid, hence Rita hiding the Dragon Coin there.
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:35 AM #4375
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MrsManface wrote: View Post

Go Go spoilers
That was spelled out a couple issues ago. The planet distorted connections to the Morphin Grid, hence Rita hiding the Dragon Coin there.
I guess that can explain why their colors would swap, but I feel it's kind of a stretch to say that would suddenly give them empathy/mind-reading powers, hehe.
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:47 AM #4376
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I was absolutely right about the person whose name I said I refused to commit to memory.
Don't be childish. Communicate your thoughts clearly like a normal human being.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:26 AM #4377
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

AkaRedGreen wrote: View Post

Don't be childish. Communicate your thoughts clearly like a normal human being.
What was unclear about what I said?
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:41 AM #4378
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

What was unclear about what I said?
I mean... unless we live in Harry Potter's universe, talking about 'he who must not be named' is pretty vague. And sure, people could through your past comments to see who you're referencing... but then again you could just as easily name the person.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:51 AM #4379
> MikeyRu
Power Ranger

MikeyRu
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

I mean... unless we live in Harry Potter's universe, talking about 'he who must not be named' is pretty vague. And sure, people could through your past comments to see who you're referencing... but then again you could just as easily name the person.
Here’s a snippet of what I said after the last issue...

and Rita having a billion repetitive chats with an alien queen whose name I refuse to commit to memory because she’ll certainly be betrayed by Rita before the arc is over and we’ll never see her again.

To which I was poo-poo’d by some people, who insisted this character was surely going to stick around and become important to the story.
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:55 AM #4380
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Here’s a snippet of what I said after the last issue...

and Rita having a billion repetitive chats with an alien queen whose name I refuse to commit to memory because she’ll certainly be betrayed by Rita before the arc is over and we’ll never see her again.

To which I was poo-poo’d by some people, who insisted this character was surely going to stick around and become important to the story.
Honestly, it feels like you're just attacking people who actually liked this arc and the villainess whose name is Adriyel, so I don't see why you continually refuse to commit referring to her actual name just so and so and I have a feeling that you don't like Adriyel, given your comments.

Even if you were poo-poo'd by some people (including myself) who insisted Adriyel would stick around after this arc and become important to the story doesn't mean you should've builled them after saying "I told you so", not to mention that it's not maybe you're overcritical, you really were being overcritical on this plus the color swap storyline was never going to be a big storyline like you continually said that it was hyped up to be such but it was always planned to be a filler storyline as in a breather storyline after Shattered Grid. I don't like it when people like you were expecting that this storyline was going to be a major one like the Matt storyline or Shattered Grid, only to realise that it was actually a filler arc. I never even expected this to be a major storyline, just a filler arc regardless of the writing quality.

And another thing, just because you said we'll never see her again doesn't mean others will agree with you on that since comic book deaths are rarely permanent and there are people who do like that character and would like to see her in a future storyline, say like after Beyond the Grid, even if her role in GGPR is over, so I rather not say "I told you so" and attack people over liking a character who was only planned to appear in just that story arc.

It would've been a lot better if the Green Ranger origins part of the storyline was a storyline of its own than being part of this storyline and are you planning to continue reading GGPR, now that the colour swap storyline is over?

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; January 9th, 2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spoilers from GGPR issue 16
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come