Home Menu

Menu

Old December 27th, 2018, 06:33 PM #4241
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Alitain wrote: View Post

But Jason only had two, and Adam three. I mean as much as Jason is cool the gimmick just isn't as useful only swapping between Red and Gold. Adam and Kat have three between them and would be the closest to making it worthwhile to bother with but even then, meh.
And Tommy switching between all 5 is only useful because they tell us it is. If we're really being truthful, Green & White are both useless to Tommy. Dino Thunder has various elemental attacks & invisibility, Turbo has Speed, Zeo has powers that get stronger over time. If we're being objective about how useful powers are then Green & White should have been thrown out because every power set since them has out classed them. Green & White have the power of... swords I guess? But even then the rest have swords too...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:37 PM #4242
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Because Saba can talk back to you. Not that Tommy has a good relationship with his arsenal...

Green and White have the better Zords, and I think the shields counted for defense. The one good yet bizarre feature introduced was Zord summoning, if that's expandable.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:54 PM #4243
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Xenotome wrote: View Post

And Tommy switching between all 5 is only useful because they tell us it is. If we're really being truthful, Green & White are both useless to Tommy. Dino Thunder has various elemental attacks & invisibility, Turbo has Speed, Zeo has powers that get stronger over time. If we're being objective about how useful powers are then Green & White should have been thrown out because every power set since them has out classed them. Green & White have the power of... swords I guess? But even then the rest have swords too...
I did say the form switching was still basically pointless. But as a gimmick, it's the most useful for Tommy with his five forms than Jason with just two. Or even Kat or Adam with three, but they're closer to making the gimmick worthwhile.

kibapower wrote: View Post

Because Saba can talk back to you. Not that Tommy has a good relationship with his arsenal...

Green and White have the better Zords, and I think the shields counted for defense. The one good yet bizarre feature introduced was Zord summoning, if that's expandable.
To bad Saba's sentience was basically pointless. Even the Boom comic doesn't really explain him. He just...is. At least I don't remember there being an explanation for him.

Of course given the nature of the show, and having Zordon and even Alpha already, Saba really didn't have a role to fulfill. Like, he would've been a good partner to maybe temper Tommy especially if they had maybe leaned into a storyline of him getting cocky with the new ranger power. But the nature of the show being a team unit and him having friends already there made that pointless. Saba could even really be a mentor type since we already had Zordon, and any kind of real assistance he could've offered is covered by Alpha. So yeah, Saba being sentient was pointless. But since Dairanger actually had a use for him, and they had to use at least some of the footage with him talking, it is what it is.

Last edited by Alitain; December 27th, 2018 at 06:54 PM.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:01 PM #4244
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

I did say the form switching was still basically pointless. But as a gimmick, it's the most useful for Tommy with his five forms than Jason with just two. Or even Kat or Adam with three, but they're closer to making the gimmick worthwhile.
And what really bugs me is that if they're going to bother with doing them, there are attacks that are exclusive to those suits. Why can they never be featured? This is more in reference to DiD because at least SoD used Black Ranger's Elemental Attacks. Like if you're going to bring powers back, they need to do more than punch and swing a sword around. Like Power Rangers is producing less on air content then they ever have, they can spend a bit more money to replicate some signature attacks.

Last edited by Xenotome; December 27th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old December 27th, 2018, 08:54 PM #4245
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

And what really bugs me is that if they're going to bother with doing them, there are attacks that are exclusive to those suits. Why can they never be featured? This is more in reference to DiD because at least SoD used Black Ranger's Elemental Attacks. Like if you're going to bring powers back, they need to do more than punch and swing a sword around. Like Power Rangers is producing less on air content then they ever have, they can spend a bit more money to replicate some signature attacks.
Eh, don't know about them being able to /afford/ replicating attacks but can't totally disagree with wanting them. Though what attacks are there really? I mean as Green, he never really had a special attack. Evil Tommy with the Sword of Darkness sure, but not just as Green Ranger. White didn't either. Zeo probably did though I think it was just a sword slash. Can't think of anything for Turbo, so really I think DT Black might be one of the only ones to have anything like special attacks that're worth actually doing.
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:20 PM #4246
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Eh, don't know about them being able to /afford/ replicating attacks but can't totally disagree with wanting them.
They can absolutely afford it, especially in instances of a special episode. Power Rangers is producing less content per season than they ever had before and they still managed to put forth unique attack footage that required CG well into the late Disney years. It's not an instance of can't, it's that Saban was being cheap and doesn't want to do anything flashy that may crank up cost. Hell, they probably had to put the man in a full nelson just to get him to agree to allow them to put the Ninja Falconzord in it.

Though what attacks are there really? I mean as Green, he never really had a special attack. Evil Tommy with the Sword of Darkness sure, but not just as Green Ranger.
His Dagger was able to fire energy from it.

White didn't either.
Saba could shoot energy from his eyes and would it have killed them to have Tony Oliver to pop into a booth and record a line? Like anything that would have shown more care than "Hey! We didn't screw up the suit this time! We screwed up Trent's suit instead!"

Zeo probably did though I think it was just a sword slash.
They literally could of taken the stock footage they made for Gokaiger and used it for that.

Can't think of anything for Turbo,
I got nothing for this one...
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:34 PM #4247
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Huh, totally don't remember him firing energy from his dagger. Though yeah, forgot about Saba's laser vision.
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:34 PM #4248
> BulkSkullSpike5934
Power Ranger

BulkSkullSpike5934
Power Ranger

Anyone else notice that the new issue of Beyond the Grid repeated the same chapter of the Ninjor/Blue Senturion story as the previous issue?
BulkSkullSpike5934 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:40 PM #4249
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Turbo Red's sword can do a charge attack.

I finally got around to reading Soul of the Dragon today and I'm mixed on it.

The story was okay the only thing that bothered me was the Master Morpher being damaged and never repaired.. It didn't really make any morph aside from JJ's morph to MMPR Green special.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:48 PM #4250
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Or emulate the transformation sequence, if briefly.

Much of Turbo Red is vehicle sunmons, which is a downgrade for Tommy if he brings a go-kart to battle. Lightning Cruiser fits T.J, anyway.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:49 PM #4251
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Psychotic was an interesting story, but I'm curious as to why we started at the end of the story. Sure the story is about how Trek
became Psycho Green
, but this would have been better as an ongoing series. Seeing the build up and actually knowing who the Supersonic Rangers are fighting and who they are and what led Trek to his actions would have been far more interesting and satisfactory. In the end, we're left with the origins to a character that, frankly, is rather minor in the grand scheme of things and who's origins kinda contradict established canon in PRIS. Then again, I suppose that
Astronema creating the Psycho Rangers could still fit, yet i was always under the impression that the Psycho Rangers were her personal creation and nothing more.
Still, if this became a series or a one-shot, I'd read it, even if knowing how it all ends is anti-climatic.
Cestro is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:55 PM #4252
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

His Dagger was able to fire energy from it.
The Dragon Shield. It looked shitty on an SPD suit, but the Dragon Shield was what made Green MMPR special (not that Tommy ever remembered to use it properly). Powered up, and stuff just bounced clean off it. In a firefight, that'd be a pretty damn useful ability. Does anyone ever remember that? If you're gonna shill stuff, shill the right stuff!
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 10:02 PM #4253
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I got nothing for this one...
Like mentioned earlier, super speed. Which, for some reason, he used with his Dino Thunder powers in DiD.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 10:06 PM #4254
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Peter wrote: View Post

The Dragon Shield. It looked shitty on an SPD suit, but the Dragon Shield was what made Green MMPR special (not that Tommy ever remembered to use it properly). Powered up, and stuff just bounced clean off it. In a firefight, that'd be a pretty damn useful ability. Does anyone ever remember that? If you're gonna shill stuff, shill the right stuff!
Nah... We're gonna have Tommy get thrown around a room in different suits and pretend like there's a difference between them but never show it...

"You haven't been Dino Thunde Black in over a DECADE!" He says not understanding that all of his other forms are even older and Dino Thunder Black has the largest array of attacks that you WILL NOT BE SHOWN!

Also wouldn't a better way of using a "Master Morpher" type situation with like a small implant that allows him to call on the individual morphers himself? It's a better visual anyway... I hate that all the powers were filtered through a damn Power Morpher once again homogenizing what should be a unique experience.
Old December 27th, 2018, 10:10 PM #4255
> KaijuRanger
Power Ranger

KaijuRanger
Power Ranger

Wouldn’t Tommy be able to turn invisible even if he wasn’t morphed into DT black? I thought the gem game him that power just like how the other DT Rangers had unmorphed powers
KaijuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 11:15 PM #4256
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Huh, totally don't remember him firing energy from his dagger. Though yeah, forgot about Saba's laser vision.
He only did it twice. Against the giant spit flower monster and against the two headed parrot.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 01:07 AM #4257
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

May I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the Master Morpher?
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 01:20 AM #4258
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I think it's a cool idea, but it just comes off as more "Tommy is the best ranger ever!!!" stuff.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 05:30 AM #4259
> c_dude
Power Ranger

c_dude
Power Ranger

Also wouldn't a better way of using a "Master Morpher" type situation with like a small implant that allows him to call on the individual morphers himself? It's a better visual anyway... I hate that all the powers were filtered through a damn Power Morpher once again homogenizing what should be a unique experience.
The funny thing about that is initially when he showed in DID and demorphed from his Black Dino Ranger form, he was actually wearing his Dino Gem bracelet, the one that actually turned into his morpher. For the rest of the episiode though that he used the Master Morpher, the bracelet seemed to be replaced with his classic communicator.
c_dude is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 06:48 AM #4260
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Nah, I really don't have a problem with it either. But I also wont deny in general it's pointless and just done for basically fun and a half way decent excuse to let Tommy show off his rainbow spandex collection. Doesn't bother me though, I think it makes sense really.

Tags
his time has come