Home Menu

Menu

Old December 26th, 2018, 05:24 PM #4221
> Gundam Barbatos
Power Ranger

Gundam Barbatos
Power Ranger

Master morpher confusion and my theory/ramble about it (spoiler warning)

ok so we see that the master morpher was damaged in Tommy's last fight about eight years before the events of the book. However, it does not state how Tommy got the master morpher nor does it state if Tommy does not have his older morphers still. we just see him pull it out of a safe. even more interestingly we see at the end of the book JJ morphing into an SPD green ranger with the dragon shield equiped. given that the older morphers were archived at SPD HQ its highly likely that Tommy's older morphers still work and he could still go into action. so Tommy could still morph into one of his power forms if he needed to.

However, the question remains just who made the master morpher, and I believe it was Ninjor is the only one capable of easily creating power coins. We can also draw the conclusion that the master morpher did not use the original dragon coin nor the original tiger coin but instead used copies. this would mean that JJ's morpher now uses the original dragon coin.

Its likely Tommy kept the dragon coin after he received it from Tom Oliver gave it back along with the .tiger coin instead of turning them to SPD as they are really the two most powerful power coins in the ranger universe and he would not quite trust them to anyone but family.

but thats just my theory what do you guy think about this ramble.
Gundam Barbatos is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 05:31 PM #4222
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Controversial* Opinion: The Master Morpher is dumb and has no reason to exist, much less to exist for only one Ranger. Thank You for coming to my TED Talk.

*Probably not controversial
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 26th, 2018, 08:53 PM #4223
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Pulled the trigger and purchased Volumes 1-6 of Mighty Morphin'

Now I just need to get around to reading Volumes 1 and 2 of Go Go.
The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 10:00 PM #4224
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Gundam Barbatos wrote: View Post

ok so we see that the master morpher was damaged in Tommy's last fight about eight years before the events of the book. However, it does not state how Tommy got the master morpher nor does it state if Tommy does not have his older morphers still. we just see him pull it out of a safe. even more interestingly we see at the end of the book JJ morphing into an SPD green ranger with the dragon shield equiped. given that the older morphers were archived at SPD HQ its highly likely that Tommy's older morphers still work and he could still go into action. so Tommy could still morph into one of his power forms if he needed to.

However, the question remains just who made the master morpher, and I believe it was Ninjor is the only one capable of easily creating power coins. We can also draw the conclusion that the master morpher did not use the original dragon coin nor the original tiger coin but instead used copies. this would mean that JJ's morpher now uses the original dragon coin.

Its likely Tommy kept the dragon coin after he received it from Tom Oliver gave it back along with the .tiger coin instead of turning them to SPD as they are really the two most powerful power coins in the ranger universe and he would not quite trust them to anyone but family.

but thats just my theory what do you guy think about this ramble.
I mean yeah, that's your theory. There's really nothing to go on with the master morpher. Tommy is shown using it in a flashback and it gets damaged. In the present of Soul it can only sustain one morph for each form, in sequential order because of that. That's really it. JJ was sporting the shield as SPD Green because he's Tommy's son and it was a symbolic gesture basically to represent that. Whether it's Manx or someone else who designs the suits, codes them, whatever, they just when it and tweaked his particular morpher so it'd get the shield cause they have no taste.

There's really no info whatsoever to determine whether Tommy's old morphers/coins exist or are even functional. Hell, the only thing we know in terms of old morphers in SPD archives are the DT ones. Sure, you can speculate others might be there, but that's really it. And even then, the DT morphers were powerless until Manx charged them back up again. So still debatable even if the morphers were there, they might not be useful. And Tommy likely can't just waltz in and grab them, not to mention the MM is much easier than toting around five other morphers that he'd need to switch on and off even if they did work.

What good would it be for Tommy to hold onto the original dragon coin? Even if it did have power, he's still need a morpher and since he has the MM, the coin is pointless. Also that's nothing but pure speculation that he has it. There's no evidence he's held onto anything of the past beyond having the MM. And why would JJ's morpher have the original dragon coin? He's not morphing into the MMPR Green Ranger, he's just morphing into SPD Green with an add-on shield. I addressed that above, but yeah just doesn't make sense.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 10:50 PM #4225
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

When everyone brings up Katt pulling the DT morphers out of the archives, I always interpreted as she pulled up archived documentation on the morphers and basically recreated them and put the future Dino Gems in to power them. I figured there would probably be at least some documentation or even blueprints (this being likely if Tommy and/or Haley shared PR info with SPD) for any Rangers that at least had there tech made non-magically.(basically exclude Lost Galaxy, Wild Force, Mystic Force and most of Ninja Steel since most weapons and morphers came with the powers and weren't shown/explained to be made anyone)
mateo360 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:32 AM #4226
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Oh no no no no

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br4Xbjcn...=1woxeu4ah6nja

I guess dimensions in danger, shattered grid, and a solo comic book just wasnt enough for Mr Jdf lol.

Last edited by mmprfan09; December 27th, 2018 at 07:47 AM.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:49 AM #4227
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Oh no no no no

I guess dimensions in danger, shattered grid, and a solo comic book just wasnt enough for Mr Jdf lol.
To the surprise of nobody, just ignore him.
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:53 AM #4228
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

So? Of The Dragon
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:00 AM #4229
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Controversial* Opinion: The Master Morpher is dumb and has no reason to exist, much less to exist for only one Ranger. Thank You for coming to my TED Talk.

*Probably not controversial
The Master Morpher is just a flimsy excuse to masturbate JDF's ego

Oh no no no no

The World is not enough for his ego. I'm surprised the world hasn't collapsed from the enormity of his ego yet.
Mr.Karate is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:11 AM #4230
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

The Master Morpher is just a flimsy excuse to masturbate JDF's ego
The MasturbatIon Morpher
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 09:13 AM #4231
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The MasturbatIon Morpher
That's for the next Anniversary
Old December 27th, 2018, 10:05 AM #4232
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Alitain wrote: View Post

I mean yeah, that's your theory. There's really nothing to go on with the master morpher. Tommy is shown using it in a flashback and it gets damaged. In the present of Soul it can only sustain one morph for each form, in sequential order because of that. That's really it. JJ was sporting the shield as SPD Green because he's Tommy's son and it was a symbolic gesture basically to represent that. Whether it's Manx or someone else who designs the suits, codes them, whatever, they just when it and tweaked his particular morpher so it'd get the shield cause they have no taste.

There's really no info whatsoever to determine whether Tommy's old morphers/coins exist or are even functional. Hell, the only thing we know in terms of old morphers in SPD archives are the DT ones. Sure, you can speculate others might be there, but that's really it. And even then, the DT morphers were powerless until Manx charged them back up again. So still debatable even if the morphers were there, they might not be useful. And Tommy likely can't just waltz in and grab them, not to mention the MM is much easier than toting around five other morphers that he'd need to switch on and off even if they did work.

What good would it be for Tommy to hold onto the original dragon coin? Even if it did have power, he's still need a morpher and since he has the MM, the coin is pointless. Also that's nothing but pure speculation that he has it. There's no evidence he's held onto anything of the past beyond having the MM. And why would JJ's morpher have the original dragon coin? He's not morphing into the MMPR Green Ranger, he's just morphing into SPD Green with an add-on shield. I addressed that above, but yeah just doesn't make sense.
JJ was the last one to use the Master Morpher. Could just possessing it be enough to generate the Dragon Shield, even though the MM can no longer be used directly?
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 02:59 PM #4233
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The MasturbatIon Morpher
You joke, but that really is about the gist of it.

Not literally, though, I mean, figuratively. 'Cause, ew.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 03:02 PM #4234
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Digifiend wrote: View Post

JJ was the last one to use the Master Morpher. Could just possessing it be enough to generate the Dragon Shield, even though the MM can no longer be used directly?
Since he used his SPD badge/license/morpher then Boom/Kat whoever probably created a replica of the Dragon Shield for him.

Peter wrote: View Post

You joke, but that really is about the gist of it.

Not literally, though, I mean, figuratively. 'Cause, ew.
While crude that is the reality of the Master Morpher. To stroke JDF's ego and play the "Tommy is the greatest" and "Tommy is special" card.
Old December 27th, 2018, 05:25 PM #4235
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

While crude that is the reality of the Master Morpher. To stroke JDF's ego and play the "Tommy is the greatest" and "Tommy is special" card.
Maybe not the "greatest", but Tommy is one of the most experienced Rangers around. And the Master Morpher's real purpose is nostalgia. For the fans to see Tommy as not just the classic Green Ranger, but in his other unique Ranger forms also.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 05:29 PM #4236
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

Maybe not the "greatest", but Tommy is one of the most experienced Rangers around. And the Master Morpher's real purpose is nostalgia. For the fans to see Tommy as not just the classic Green Ranger, but in his other unique Ranger forms also.
You can do that without giving him a new morpher that once again has to reduce everything down to MMPR.

Oh no no no no

Soul of the Dragon wasn't completely trash, but it was far from "good" Especially with the build up to it. It was just a quick little adventure that didn't really offer much beyond expanding SPD which I feel was the big background point of it all. It's obvious that Boom loves SPD (Ha! I made a pun!)
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:06 PM #4237
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Nah, as mentioned before JJ just got special treatment and had his SPD Green suit modified to add the shield(horribly).

To be fair, while yeah nostalgia it wipes away the need to worry about explaining why he uses his different forms. And at least it allows those other forms to be used rather than just Green, or maybe White as well perhaps.

And sure, people whine about favoring Tommy, but really if anyone should get such an item, it's him because yeah he's been around for awhile and used the most powers. Again, sure the MM is nostalgia and for the fans, but it's not really...breaking the PR universe exactly. At most I Kat and...shoot there was someone else who had three powers I believe...oh yeah Adam. And really it's less of a big deal when you can easily keep them in just one power set. Tommy's had five, so yeah it's fun in my opinion to have an item that allows the switching of his forms. For anyone else, the MM is..well more pointless I guess if you wanna be critical. Sure, Tommy could just stay Green and that'd be fine too, so no the MM isn't necessarily, but it's relatively harmless fun.

And even if there's no explanation for how he obtained it, I guess especially given the era that it came out in, I sorta got give them props for making up a tool that allowed them to show off his various forms without just doing it and not giving any explanation. Which lets be honest, is what was the most likely outcome given the writing at the time.

Last edited by Alitain; December 27th, 2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:12 PM #4238
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Tommy is not the only ranger with multiple suits though.
Its not fair that only he gets one.

Austin st john and Jyb are both popular enough for a master morpher.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:17 PM #4239
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Tommy is not the only ranger with multiple suits though.
Its not fair that only he gets one.

Austin st john and Jyb are both popular enough for a master morpher.
But Jason only had two, and Adam three. I mean as much as Jason is cool the gimmick just isn't as useful only swapping between Red and Gold. Adam and Kat have three between them and would be the closest to making it worthwhile to bother with but even then, meh.
Old December 27th, 2018, 06:24 PM #4240
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Alitain wrote: View Post

But Jason only had two, and Adam three. I mean as much as Jason is cool the gimmick just isn't as useful only swapping between Red and Gold. Adam and Kat have three between them and would be the closest to making it worthwhile to bother with but even then, meh.
Why is it meh for kat and adam but ok for Tommy? Lol.

Meh is Using Tommy over, and over, and over again.

They need to switch it up.

Tags
his time has come