Home Menu

Menu

Old September 11th, 2018, 05:23 PM #3421
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

Still waiting on the reveal of a Solar Zord ....
Not to mention the zord situation for the Beyond team in general. Are they getting something new, blundering their own zords together into a composite megazord like the Whatever Megazord, or something else.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 06:51 PM #3422
> RedRanger91
Power Ranger

RedRanger91
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Hey, guys. I have a question. What would you recommend to collect this series? The Trade Paperbacks or the Hardcovers?

I know the Hardcovers take more than the TPB to come out, and the TPB come out long after the single issues. But, if you couldn't go for the single ones, what would you prefer?

While I know the TPB might be easier to read, the Hardcovers have more material like an extra story and some more stuff. I want to get the Year 1, but it's OOP (hopefully they will re release it before Year 2 comes out), and I want that extra story. The downside it that the annuals are not included (but I believe that the SG hardcover will include the 2018 one). Also, if they release a Year 3 one, would they include an exclusive story + the SG hardcover exclusive story too? Or maybe not? It's all a mess if you wanna collect everything if this cómics.
I personally go for readability with the TPBs.

Hardcovers have an extra story but I can't read them in bed comfortably.

Also, it's easier to read a book with 6 issues in it max than one with 12.

However, the Hardcovers are larger; which means the art is a lot bigger.

Not sure if there's a difference in paper quality but so far the TPBs have great paper.
RedRanger91 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:38 PM #3423
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

RedRanger91 wrote: View Post

I personally go for readability with the TPBs.

Hardcovers have an extra story but I can't read them in bed comfortably.

Also, it's easier to read a book with 6 issues in it max than one with 12.

However, the Hardcovers are larger; which means the art is a lot bigger.

Not sure if there's a difference in paper quality but so far the TPBs have great paper.
So, there are pros and cons. So, I guess the extra story isn't that worthy then. They shoud include it (along with Year 2 one) in those "Lost Chronicles" volumens they release.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:54 PM #3424
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

Not to mention the zord situation for the Beyond team in general. Are they getting something new, blundering their own zords together into a composite megazord like the Whatever Megazord, or something else.
I'd say
they all have humanoid zords but this Andros was shown to be from near the beginning so he wouldn't have his Voyager zord yet. Also that's assuming Heckyl has two other dinos to combine with.
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:59 PM #3425
> RedRanger91
Power Ranger

RedRanger91
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

So, there are pros and cons. So, I guess the extra story isn't that worthy then. They shoud include it (along with Year 2 one) in those "Lost Chronicles" volumens they release.
The funny thing is, I actually have a few art books that are in hardcover and I really enjoy those; but I don't use them like normal comics.

I lay them down on the floor and flip through them l and there isn't much reading as opposed to just looking at the pictures.

I'm curious if the Shattered Grid TPB will be easy to read, since it will have basically 8 issues in it.
RedRanger91 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:10 PM #3426
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

I'm curious if the Shattered Grid TPB will be easy to read, since it will have basically 8 issues in it.
Sort of. You'd still need to read the previous issues to get what's going on, but the TPB is still enjoyable on its' own.
Jus1995 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:14 PM #3427
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I forgot that the TPB of SH was like that. So I guess I will get that one instead of Vols 7 & 8.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:18 PM #3428
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

From ComicBook.com - a preview of GGPR #13:

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/2...-look-preview/

Preview: 'Go Go Power Rangers' #13 First Look Features Pudgy Pig Debut
By Matthew Mueller - September 12, 2018

Shattered Grid may be over, but the action isn't stopping over in Go Go Power Rangers, and in our exclusive preview of Go Go #13 we see the debut of a fan favorite villain...Pudgy Pig!

Writer Ryan Parrott teams up with artist Eleonora Carlini to pick up the pieces from Shattered Grid in Go Go Power Rangers #13, and the Ranger Slayer certainly gave them a lot to think about. It's not all as heavy though, as fans will also get a glimpse into Zack's past, which happens to involve a display of some stellar dodgeball skills.

It also features the Go Go debut of Pudgy Pig, who lives up to his name and throws up the Rangers' weapons. How they got him to give them up...well we almost don't want to know, but once they get ahold of them it's time to call upon the Power Blaster, and it's a thing of beauty.

The official description also teases Rita finally obtaining a rather iconic item, the Green Power Coin, which would pave the way for Tommy to make his debut somewhere down the line. You can check out the official description below and the full preview can be found in the gallery.

"After coming face-to-face with the Ranger Slayer, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are still trying to make sense of the incredible encounter and settling back into their normal teen lives. Little do they know that Rita Repulsa is setting into motion a plan to
retrieve an artifact that might be the key to besting Zordon and the Rangers once and for all – the Green Power Coin!"

This issue features a main cover by Dan Mora (Klaus), along with variant covers by Miguel Mercado (Over The Garden Wall), Audrey Mok (Archie) and Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur).

“After Shattered Grid, this is the only comic book series where you can see the five original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in action,” said Dafna Pleban, Senior Editor, BOOM! Studios. “Now we’re going to see the biggest story in SABAN’S GO GO POWER RANGERS yet, as Ryan and Eleonora reveal a massive piece of Ranger history and take the team places you never imagined!”

”The events of Shattered Grid took full advantage of the comic book medium to tell an epic Power Rangers story of unparalleled scale and scope,” says Brian Casentini, SVP of Power Rangers Franchise Development & Production. “And with that, has come an incredible, unique opportunity for Hasbro, Boom Studios and the fantastic team of Marguerite Bennett and Simone Di Meo to continue to explore and deepen our mythology and bring entirely new worlds to life. The upcoming stories in both Beyond the Grid and Ryan’s forthcoming arc in Go Go will continue to deliver the amazing storytelling our audience has come to appreciate from Power Rangers comics.”

Go Go Power Rangers #13 is written by Ryan Parrott and drawn by Eleonora Carlini and hits comic stores on October 10th.

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:38 PM #3429
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

From ComicBook.com - a preview of GGPR #13:

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/2...-look-preview/
I thought
the person in charge of Go Go said "As long as I'm in charge of this series Tommy will never show up" Are they still in charge or is this going to be a whole lot of stalling?
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:35 PM #3430
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

maslego wrote: View Post

I thought
the person in charge of Go Go said "As long as I'm in charge of this series Tommy will never show up" Are they still in charge or is this going to be a whole lot of stalling?
Well
Tommy has already shown up in Go Go during Shattered Grid
so I'd say it's only a matter of time until it happens again.
comicstar100 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:41 PM #3431
> Claymore
Angemon!

Claymore
Angemon!

After Shattered Grid, this is the only comic book series where you can see the five original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in action,”
So I was right, the original team are completely taking a back seat in Beyond. (Heck, maybe not even a back-seat if that wording is spot on). That's cool then. I'll give it an issue, but I'm fairly certain I'm out.
Claymore is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 12:30 AM #3432
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

When is GoGo back to school?
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:46 AM #3433
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Well
Tommy has already shown up in Go Go during Shattered Grid
so I'd say it's only a matter of time until it happens again.
I think that was only to set up Go Go's contribution to the Shattered Grid storyline since the Go Go team technically couldn't help out in the main story.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:14 AM #3434
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Allio wrote: View Post

When is GoGo back to school?
It's out next Wednesday.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:05 AM #3435
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

I'd honestly like to see what Boom's version of the Dark Rangers would look like. After all, why stop at one Power Coin?
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:57 AM #3436
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Jus1995 wrote: View Post

I'd honestly like to see what Boom's version of the Dark Rangers would look like. After all, why stop at one Power Coin?
I still wish we could have seen what a sentry Blue would have looked like. Or a team of Slayer rangers.
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:03 AM #3437
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

maslego wrote: View Post

I still wish we could have seen what a sentry Blue would have looked like. Or a team of Slayer rangers.
That would've been cool as ice.
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:42 AM #3438
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Jus1995 wrote: View Post

That would've been cool as ice.
Since we didn't them in the alt universe (or in Justin's case, AT ALL in the event beyond a few alternate covers), I'll assume that Rocky would have been Slayer Red; Justin would have grown up to be Slayer Blue; Tanya as Slayer Yellow, and Carlos as Slayer Black.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:33 AM #3439
> RedJolleyRancher
Power Ranger

RedJolleyRancher
Power Ranger

Does any one have an inkling of an idea when or even IF Power Rangers Year One will get a second printing?

Every online store I visit says out of stock or temporarily out of stock. I've ordered a copy on Amazon just in case they ever get another batch. Though, I'm really kicking myself for not snatching it up while I could. Seems like every reseller is trying to sell it for thousands of dollars. Two people on Amazon are trying to sell their books for over 3 grand. I mean... who is going to pay that? Not me.
RedJolleyRancher is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:04 PM #3440
> Realeks
Power Ranger

Realeks
Power Ranger

I'm not sure what copies you are finding for those prices, but I just looked on amazon and they are going for $45.
Realeks is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come