Home Menu

Menu

Old July 18th, 2018, 06:31 PM #2421
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

The Return Of... wrote: View Post

This page in Shattered Grid #29 gave me all kinds of chills..my man Eric leading the pack!!!!

I like how this issue introduces the new team here. Andros and alt-Kim aren't in the picture above but they appear before it. Great foreshadowing.
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 07:46 PM #2422
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Kelsi was a surprise for me becuase everyone else had either already been seen in previous issues or on the covers.
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 07:47 PM #2423
> YoKozo
Power Stranger

YoKozo
Power Stranger

Issue #29
Quiet chapter, but loud moments!

Andros reuniting with Karone was sweet. I didn't until now that this Andros is from a time before he knew Astronema's identity.

Lots of great page turners at the end with beautiful illustrations, especially that two-page spread of the Rangers arriving.

The next page after certainly was unexpected. I noticed the Hyperforce Rangers and was surprised. Then I saw Beast Morphers and got surprised again. Then noticed Dark Ranger in the back and was intrigued. And an unlikely alliance with Rita's gang? Hell yeah.

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

...Dax? Really? Of all the Overdrive Rangers it had to be him?
I joke, but this was the best opportunity for this line in reference to another certain crossover:

"I don't know where you guys came from... BUT I LIKE THE SUITS!"

mookie wrote: View Post

In regards to those two interacting:

This Cruger is obviously SPD-era Cruger, whereas the Cruger in the Trial of Astronoma was pre-SPD --- (I'm assuming that the Trial is set post-LG.)

And Karone is middle-of LG in MMPR #29. Given all of that, I think that MMPR #29 Cruger believes her to be different from Astronoma (given that actual story/"revelation/resolution" to the trial.)
Very true. I don't think we need to think too hard on this one. As far as everyone else in court that day is concerned, Karone and Astronema were "split off." Even if Doggie finds out later, everyone is probably gonna get their memories wiped after this event ends.
YoKozo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 08:41 PM #2424
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

so is Jayden just MIA during all of this..
Old July 18th, 2018, 08:44 PM #2425
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

If it means we get Lauren instead, IDGAF where he is.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:07 PM #2426
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

You know what...that’s fair.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:17 PM #2427
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

As good as Zordon and Cruger I'd want a word or two from Ms. Morgan. Hell, I'd like a lot of words from so many rangers, but there's understandably not enough time. Every issue I'm glancing at the background, trying to witness what little interaction we can see.

I also wonder if Battlizers will come into play, Jason's being the only powerup worn so far.

I still think, when looking back, this storyline will be a pale entry, just this big event that needs solving. . It is enough for what it does but you can do more with the Power Rangers lexicon.
kibapower is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:25 PM #2428
> jwk94
Power Ranger

jwk94
Power Ranger

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

so is Jayden just MIA during all of this..
He and Jii went to see where the new Nighlock were coming from. Who knows where he is now.
jwk94 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:28 PM #2429
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I know that but
you’d think he’d try to contact the others and got the transmission everyone else got from Alpha.
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:29 PM #2430
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

So my guess is Drakkonverse Trini will be important in getting Rita on their side. That'll be her role in the story.

Also is this heading towards Drakkon getting stuffed in the space dumpster? Is Rita going to fix it and stuff him inside? lol
d3monicwolv3s is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:15 PM #2431
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

kibapower wrote: View Post

I still think, when looking back, this storyline will be a pale entry, just this big event that needs solving. It is enough for what it does but you can do more with the Power Rangers lexicon.
Well, this is much better than Legendary Battle IMO and honestly, Shattered Grid being a longer storyline would've caused arc fatigue.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:19 PM #2432
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I really loved the way Cruger and Zordon had a little side chat as the only mentor types around. I just wish we could find a way to work Mick in there.

The Rita reveal was cool, it'd make sense that even the villains would want to stop Drakkon as he'd be in their way otherwise. But I can't help but wonder "Where the hell is Zedd in all of this?" That would be an interesting reveal to pull, the arrival of Lord Zedd as it doesn't seem like Drakkon even bothered with him in his universe.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:33 AM #2433
> VerySeriousLewis
Ranger Wanna Be

VerySeriousLewis
Ranger Wanna Be

Has Drakkon taken the powers of Time Force? I feel like they were kinda assumed dead but I assumed TJ was dead since he was left floating in space earlier.

Also let's talk about the new powers he is going to take into himself for his final form. Because the most recent variant cover of the Shattered Grid issue he had a cape and a smoother helmet. He took a RPM morpher and the only capes I can think of is Mystic Force. So at the very least his final form has to have those 2.
VerySeriousLewis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 01:02 AM #2434
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

No, the other four Time Force Rangers were killed in the first issue of the event.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 01:22 AM #2435
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Digifiend wrote: View Post

No, the other four Time Force Rangers were killed in the first issue of the event.
Not exactly.

Hyperforce revealed that they were alive and kidnapped by the Alliance, and the episode was centered the Hyperforce rangers saving them. And unless it was confirmed otherwise and I missed it, I believe they said that was canon.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 01:44 AM #2436
> Shaman-aka-King
VIP Rider

Shaman-aka-King
VIP Rider

You're talking about different Time Force rangers. Comic ones are dead. Hyperforce ones isn't. Hyperforce universe != comic book universe. It was even stated in their Shattered Grid tie-in episodes.
Shaman-aka-King is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 03:13 AM #2437
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

mookie wrote: View Post

In regards to those two interacting:

We do see them share a couple of panels (Karone and Cruger), but they don't actually interact. Karone reunites with Andros, which should indicate for Cruger that she is the same Karone, but I think the timelines make it a little difficult to pinpoint.

Obviously, Andros is from the early/In Space timeline - he's still gathering info on where Karone is, but is referencing TJ as family.

This Cruger is obviously SPD-era Cruger, whereas the Cruger in the Trial of Astronoma was pre-SPD --- (I'm assuming that the Trial is set post-LG.)

And Karone is middle-of LG in MMPR #29. Given all of that, I think that MMPR #29 Cruger believes her to be different from Astronoma (given that actual story/"revelation/resolution" to the trial.)

All of that to say.. I don't think there was time to focus on the tension if there was any.
Exactly. They still have a lot to do to finish up Shattered Grid and, while it would be a cool call back, I don't see it being necessary

Claymore wrote: View Post

Ok. That multi-coloured teleportation light shower was simply beautiful. Lots of great stuff in the issue, from seeing the Ranger Slayer / Drakkon communication from the other point of view, to the revelation of Grace's ship being Terra Venture, to Zordon and Cruger discussing about leadership and the final page of seeking out Rita.
Dear lord YES on the light shower. That gave me chills just looking at it. Great work by everyone making a moment like work on a comic. This was a great issue. It's only fault: it ended just as the story got itself in another twist. I want to see how it ends darn it
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 03:18 AM #2438
> VerySeriousLewis
Ranger Wanna Be

VerySeriousLewis
Ranger Wanna Be

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Well my question moreless comes from the fact that Drakkon wouldn't of had the time or the power to literally crush a zord with his hand. So what I'm thinking is that they crushed Megazord might fall out of the sky during the final battle. Because than he could crush a zord with his hands if he shapes reality in his final form. It would also be a sort of "if you hadn't done that your plans would have gone a lot smoother" kind of punishment. Idk, it just seems like he's capturing as many rangers as he can and all we saw was a explosion.

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Not exactly.

Hyperforce revealed that they were alive and kidnapped by the Alliance, and the episode was centered the Hyperforce rangers saving them. And unless it was confirmed otherwise and I missed it, I believe they said that was canon.
Yeah Hyperforce is its own reality. I mean if Venjix infected the Armada than I think that would cause more problems really.

On a unrelated note to these 2 messages. I'm kinda sad that Shattered Grid will end AFTER Power Morphicon. I wanted to see how it ended before going. Do you think that was maybe strategic or just happened because of the monthly release always being closer to the end of the month?
VerySeriousLewis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 03:36 AM #2439
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One

OrionPower2001
Charmed One

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Not exactly.

You are correct that HyperForce is canon, but they did specify that it's a different canon then the TV show and the Boom Comics. HyperForce DOES have the ability to access other dimensions (via the HyperStream), which is how they are able to have interactions like this in Shattered Grid
OrionPower2001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:24 AM #2440
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I really loved the way Cruger and Zordon had a little side chat as the only mentor types around. I just wish we could find a way to work Mick in there.

The Rita reveal was cool, it'd make sense that even the villains would want to stop Drakkon as he'd be in their way otherwise. But I can't help but wonder "Where the hell is Zedd in all of this?" That would be an interesting reveal to pull, the arrival of Lord Zedd as it doesn't seem like Drakkon even bothered with him in his universe.
It was mentioned in HyperForce for Colonel Hicks (Kyle Higgins’ character) that Drakkon had battled Lord Zedd, at least in his universe.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come