Menu

Old December 7th, 2016, 11:33 AM #41
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

It's probably Photoshop or a similar program.

Removing a background isn't just simply clicking and it's gone. I've been designing for over 15 years... and boy... do I wish it was that easy. Now, solid backgrounds are easier and you can select things far easier, but you still need to do clean up and whatnot. If the background is complicated... then it's pulling out the Polygon Lasso in PS and clicking and cleaning up along the way... and it can take HOURS.

Using the Cloning Stamp and Healing Brush are your friends to repair certain "damaged" areas.

But honestly, it's not THAT complicated... especially that image... but it's not just simple either. There's some work involved.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 12:15 PM #42
> powerleo
Power Ranger

powerleo
Power Ranger

The blue one has fur coming out his neck and nails on his gloves like claws.
powerleo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 12:27 PM #43
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

So we went from cubes to spheres. Was that on purpose?

Anyway, starting off with nine Rangers is insane. Sets the tone for a truckload of new members if every constellation ends up getting one.

That said, there's lots of flexibility for new Voyagers and torsos. Especially somebody like Gemini. Not a fan of the big ol' orbs in the combined mode, but understand the designs are in part to support the Scramble City limb style (has Power Rangers or Sentai done something like this before?)

BoA might have dollar signs in their eyes looking at this. That flexibility opens the door for *so many* new Zords. Heck, BoJ may have seen what BoA did for Dino Charge and decided they wanted in on that.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:27 PM #44
> Ranger4612
Power Ranger

Ranger4612
Power Ranger

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

That said, there's lots of flexibility for new Voyagers and torsos. Especially somebody like Gemini. Not a fan of the big ol' orbs in the combined mode, but understand the designs are in part to support the Scramble City limb style (has Power Rangers or Sentai done something like this before?)
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the closest we've gotten to this before was Wild Force, but even then only arms could switch for arms, legs for legs, etc.
Ranger4612 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:35 PM #45
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Wow. What software/technique do you use? I've wanted to learn how to edit backgrounds out
My drive with Photoshop on it died, lost it all, so I use this ancient Photostudio program, which takes me 2X as long to edit something like this.
I first crop it as close as I can or want, then I take the pen/brush settings and simply paint out the large areas, then I blow up the picture to about 400-500X and using the line (for straight edges) pen (for small details and curved edges) and cloning tool (to duplicate details that are symmetrical) it gets easier with practice and I like the challenges each image brings with it.
Cosmo773 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 07:31 PM #46
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Ranger4612 wrote: View Post

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the closest we've gotten to this before was Wild Force, but even then only arms could switch for arms, legs for legs, etc.
There have been lots of mech that have had support for swapping out limbs. But I think this is the first one where limbs could be arms or legs. Which is/was a popular Transformer combiner format (Scramble City).

#15: Futago KyuTama (Gemini) DX KyuBuckle
#20: Bouenkyouu KyuTama (Telescopium) DX KyuTheWeapon
#23: Kani KyuTama (Cancer) DX KyuTama Set 01
#24: Tate KyuTama (Scutum) DX KyuTama Set 01
#25: Uoh KyuTama (Pisces) DX KyuTama Set 02
#26: Hitsuji KyuTama (Aries) DX KyuTama Set 02
#36: Perseus KyuTama (Perseus) Gashapon Set 02
#37: Kujira KyuTama (Cetus) Gashapon Set 01
#40: Andromeda KyuTama (Andromeda) Gashapon Set 02
#41: Kenbikyou KyuTama (Microscopium) Gashapon Set 02
#42: Ryouken KyuTama (Canes Venatici) Gashapon Set 02
Looking at this list:
- Gemini could be two humanoids similar to Libra and the cobra.
- Cancer could be a version of Scorpio.
- Scutum could be the cobra again.
- Pisces could be a version of yellow.
- Aries could be a version of the bull.
- Canes Venatici could be both Lupus and a humanoid mold (or just Lupus)

There's lots of options to mix new molds and retools/paints for both BoA and BoJ. It's a matter of figuring out who's gonna be the next couple of torsos to support all of these limbs.

Last edited by The Real Torhu; December 7th, 2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old December 8th, 2016, 12:52 PM #47
> PanamaRanger
Twitter: @PanamaRanger

eBay
PanamaRanger
Twitter: @PanamaRanger

eBay

I watched Gokaiger before Super Megaforce, I ended up HUGELY dissapointed
I watched Goseiger after Megaforce, I ended up somewhat dissapointed
Wondering if now that DC ended I should watch Kyoryuger, and thinking the same about Ninninger now that Ninja Steel is coming and Kyuranger which in my opinion is a no brainer for adaptation
PanamaRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 01:06 PM #48
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

I strictly dislike Gokaiger... and wasn't fond of Super Megaforce. I truly love Goseiger... yeah, it might be a little slow... and I think Alata is one of the best reds ever. Dino Charge and Kyoryuger are different enough that I think you can enjoy them both. Ninninger was a bitter pill to swallow. It had its moments, but they were few and far between.

I'm hoping Ninja Steel will break from Ninninger... which it sounds like it's going to.

With how Saban evaluates the next two series... I think Kyuranger will be the top choice. If not for the setting, but all the suits that they can make toys out of. Kyoryuger I feel was chose for the theme, but also for so many Rangers. Kyuranger has a ton of Rangers going for it... it would probably be the best contender at this point. Plus Zyuohger doesn't have much of a gimmick and Kyu does. There's just so much more marketing they can do with Kyu here in America. I don't have a doubt that it'll be the next Power Rangers series.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 02:20 PM #49
> powerleo
Power Ranger

powerleo
Power Ranger

As long as power rangers remove the wings from pink, the fur and claws from blue, make black look normal... Than yes we have a winner.
powerleo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 02:31 PM #50
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

The scales from Silver, the robot-ness from Gold...

I like the fact that these suits are much more individualised than usual. And I can't see Saban Brands going to the extent of making new suits to film with, since that means making all of the Kyuranger footage useless.

Kyuren-Oh and the four Voyagers all together cost 16,780 yen. That's currently 116.93, or $147.20. Those might be lower by February, of course. Or indeed higher.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:41 AM #51
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

Kyuren-Oh and the four Voyagers all together cost 16,780 yen. That's currently 116.93, or $147.20. Those might be lower by February, of course. Or indeed higher.
That sounds fairly affordable for *nine* mech.

Makes me wonder if after what they came up with for the Cubes if they've got plans for some kind of grand constellation combiner at some point. There just has to be a 10th Voyager to form a torso for the four "spares".

So maybe the next mecha ends up being a galaxy themed Ranger/Mech that doesn't have a single constellation, but can carry multiple extra orbs that don't currently have Voyagers/Rangers who use them.

I could also see a single Ranger who uses multiple spheres, and the Mecha has multiple constellation forms (including a combined mode of some kind).
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:47 AM #52
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

So maybe the next mecha ends up being a galaxy themed Ranger/Mech that doesn't have a single constellation, but can carry multiple extra orbs that don't currently have Voyagers/Rangers who use them.
Then we'd be even closer to my rocket idea, haha!

Someone mentioned in the rumour thread about the currently-unused clips on Washi Voyager's back... and there's also a sizable gap in its back. It certainly looks like we might see later combinations coming together in a way that foregoes the "attach via KyuTama" pattern. And I could certainly see another core Voyager in Q2 to have all nine core Voyagers accounted for in robos.
Old December 9th, 2016, 10:27 AM #53
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Bandai Japan toys often have things that don't ever get used. CB-01 is covered in unused clips.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 10:35 AM #54
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Someone mentioned in the rumour thread about the currently-unused clips on Washi Voyager's back... and there's also a sizable gap in its back. It certainly looks like we might see later combinations coming together in a way that foregoes the "attach via KyuTama" pattern.
I could see Leo laying down as he is standalone being the central component for stacking a series of other similar torsos before attaching a handful of Orbs and limb voyagers.
Old December 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM #55
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

Bandai Japan toys often have things that don't ever get used. CB-01 is covered in unused clips.
Of course, and I didn't mean to suggest we'll definitely see Washi Voyager's clips used. But with basically only one clip used for the basic connection - and that one being on the KyuTama - it's quite odd to see those stuck out there. If they're not used, no biggy.

Do we know why these spare clips exist? How do they crop up in the design process (or why do they not get removed once they're deemed useless, assuming that everything gets designed around the same time)?

I could see Leo laying down as he is standalone being the central component for stacking a series of other similar torsos before attaching a handful of Orbs and limb voyagers.
Surfing on a lion... that would be an interesting design, haha!
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:10 AM #56
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Then we'd be even closer to my rocket idea, haha!

Someone mentioned in the rumour thread about the currently-unused clips on Washi Voyager's back... and there's also a sizable gap in its back. It certainly looks like we might see later combinations coming together in a way that foregoes the "attach via KyuTama" pattern. And I could certainly see another core Voyager in Q2 to have all nine core Voyagers accounted for in robos.
It could be a future formation uses washi as a "Jet pack" or pair of wings.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:51 PM #57
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

That could be fun. We don't know what's on the back of KyurenOh, and of course we don't know what other backs we might see down the line.

Just clocked that the gap in the back is to accommodate the head when it's in leg configuration, so that at least is explained without any other method of combination being needed.
Old December 9th, 2016, 08:21 PM #58
> LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

I like that the Pink Ranger has Wings, Blue has Claws and some Fur, Black is Bigger, Armor on Gold, Scales on Silver makes them stand out more and I like that.
LilyAnnaScott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 07:38 AM #59
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Was checking product names on the front page yesterday and noticed that Kyu The Weapon is listed as price unknown. It actually is - the Bouenkyouu KyuTama comes with it, and it has a price of 3980 yen listed below it. You can see the Kyu The Weapon logo above it if in doubt.
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM #60
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I hate to be the elephant in the room. We get 9 rangers this year and not a damn one will get the figuarts treatment.

I would love to get a ShiShi Red at least

That starry helmet....

It's a really bad sign when we don't even get 5 inch action figures from BOJ.

They just stopped at Ninninger. They made three male Ninninger and just stopped.

Not a single Zyouhger action figure.

Very sad
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
soshiny, too far gone, walletstakingoff