shakivan88
PR collector

shakivan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 05:13 AM #62
> Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

I'm still almost in awe of how perfect Voltron is. I can't think of a *single* criticism against it (beyond "kinda pricey").

Terrific, terrific figure. After so many "so close, yet so far" high-end figures were released, I'd begun to give up hope.
Professor Smooth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2017, 06:51 AM #63
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Chest is a little too wide and a little too short.
Except for those two issues with the chest, yeah, looks great..

But, it could just be the angle of the picture...
Tsukasa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 08:47 PM #64
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Is that Jakks megazord ever getting released?
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 09:23 PM #65
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Taichi, could you update the first post to include the Jada MMPR dicast figures please?

All, does anyone know the Target DCI # for these figures?

Thanks!
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 09:33 PM #66
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

I can definitely do that! It'll be a few days as I have some other things to update as well, but it's now on my list!

@Terror... I have no idea man.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 09:36 PM #67
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

No rush man. Thanks!
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 09:42 AM #68
> acroyear5
Power Ranger

acroyear5
Power Ranger

Tsukasa wrote: View Post

Chest is a little too wide and a little too short.
Except for those two issues with the chest, yeah, looks great..

But, it could just be the angle of the picture...
You can elongate the mid torso as in beast mode, that is unofficial but is preferred by many people displaying the figure, it looks quite legitimate even if it was not by intent. It really is a magnificent figure.
acroyear5 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 11:07 PM #69
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Guessing this is the place for it instead of Legacy XD

https://youtu.be/P_af1Rlo04Y

https://youtu.be/WpktEf4Scy0

Can't wait to get this!
mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 08:26 AM #70
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

mike909 wrote: View Post

Guessing this is the place for it instead of Legacy XD

https://youtu.be/P_af1Rlo04Y

https://youtu.be/WpktEf4Scy0

Can't wait to get this!
My eyes are melting from the gorgeousness. It can't come soon enough.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 04:26 AM #71
> ViRGE
Christmas Cartel Enforcer

ViRGE

Not being a regular visitor to the merch forum, I'm just now seeing the Soul of Chogokin Dino Megazord for the first time. Jesus H. Zordon, I think I'm in love.

$300 is expensive, but man, that thing looks perfect.
ViRGE is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:55 PM #72
> EvilGreenCb
Power Ranger

EvilGreenCb
Power Ranger

ViRGE wrote: View Post

Not being a regular visitor to the merch forum, I'm just now seeing the Soul of Chogokin Dino Megazord for the first time. Jesus H. Zordon, I think I'm in love.

$300 is expensive, but man, that thing looks perfect.
I agree & if they can bring us Dragonzord that is almost close enough to stand w/ Tyrannozord I would buy 2 of each
EvilGreenCb is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:38 PM #73
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

Considering the price that the Legacy one goes for now on ebay, I'd assume the SoC is the better one to grab at this point?
CryloBen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2017, 08:34 AM #74
> RangerBango
Power Ranger

RangerBango
Power Ranger

RangerBango is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2017, 05:30 AM #75
> ViRGE

ViRGE

CryloBen wrote: View Post

Considering the price that the Legacy one goes for now on ebay, I'd assume the SoC is the better one to grab at this point?
I'm not a merch guru, but this is my understanding of the two Megazords (i.e. here's my research).

Legacy: Ultimately a better-built toy. The mold was originally created for the 2010 Reversioned series, to match the other contemporary megazoards in size and costs. It doesn't follow the original Megazord design as it's been rebuilt to use Zord Builder system, and reportedly it's not quite as detailed as the original design.

The "legacy" version uses the same mold, but it gets upgraded to use better materials. It gets some die-cast parts, chroming on other parts, a good paint-job, pre-applied stickers, etc. It's just a bit weird since unlike the newer Legacy megazords, the mold was originally meant for a play thing and not for collectors, so the upgrades don't completely hide that fact. Think of it as the toy you would have liked to have as a kid with the extra touches that Bandai was too cheap to offer.:p

SoC: The best way to put this is "adult collectable". While it's technically a toy, it's not really meant to be played with. It's something you're meant to pose and then put on a display case.

In any case, it's a new mold specifically for the line. In some senses it's the most show-accurate Megazord yet, and in other ways its not. There's a ton of articulation and things that never made it into past toys such as the Triceratops' horn chains. On the other hand the scale has been reworked some (the head is smaller, among other things), and no one seems to know just how posable Tyrannosaurus is.

Since it's made for collectors, the SoC Megazord has quite a bit of die-cast in it. And even where it's not, it's clear from the photos that the mold details and paint are very good. Based on what Bandai has shown off so far, it appears to be in a class of its own in terms of quality. (Just don't let your 10 year old near it!)

As for whether you get it, it's still 2-3 times the cost of the Legacy Megazord, Legacy Megazord seems to be a bit hard to get (I guess scalpers/hoarding?) which is driving up the price. Still, if price is a concern, it seems like you should be able to get the Legacy Megazord for a lot less than the SoC Megazord, so don't feel like you have to buy the SoC version.
Old February 20th, 2017, 01:12 PM #76
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

I'm not a merch guru, but this is my understanding of the two Megazords (i.e. here's my research).

Legacy: Ultimately a better-built toy. The mold was originally created for the 2010 Reversioned series, to match the other contemporary megazoards in size and costs. It doesn't follow the original Megazord design as it's been rebuilt to use Zord Builder system, and reportedly it's not quite as detailed as the original design.

The "legacy" version uses the same mold, but it gets upgraded to use better materials. It gets some die-cast parts, chroming on other parts, a good paint-job, pre-applied stickers, etc. It's just a bit weird since unlike the newer Legacy megazords, the mold was originally meant for a play thing and not for collectors, so the upgrades don't completely hide that fact. Think of it as the toy you would have liked to have as a kid with the extra touches that Bandai was too cheap to offer.:p

SoC: The best way to put this is "adult collectable". While it's technically a toy, it's not really meant to be played with. It's something you're meant to pose and then put on a display case.

In any case, it's a new mold specifically for the line. In some senses it's the most show-accurate Megazord yet, and in other ways its not. There's a ton of articulation and things that never made it into past toys such as the Triceratops' horn chains. On the other hand the scale has been reworked some (the head is smaller, among other things), and no one seems to know just how posable Tyrannosaurus is.

Since it's made for collectors, the SoC Megazord has quite a bit of die-cast in it. And even where it's not, it's clear from the photos that the mold details and paint are very good. Based on what Bandai has shown off so far, it appears to be in a class of its own in terms of quality. (Just don't let your 10 year old near it!)

As for whether you get it, it's still 2-3 times the cost of the Legacy Megazord, Legacy Megazord seems to be a bit hard to get (I guess scalpers/hoarding?) which is driving up the price. Still, if price is a concern, it seems like you should be able to get the Legacy Megazord for a lot less than the SoC Megazord, so don't feel like you have to buy the SoC version.
The legacy line IS for collectors though. Yes they used a mold that wasn't meant for us but anytime they add diecast in a toy like this, it's meant for ages 15+.

At this point you might as well get the SoC. The legacy one is now about so close to it in price in the aftermarket, you might as well get the most detail and bang for the buck. Especially cause the legacy one isn't gonna be reproduced anytime soon or ever. Anything Tamashii Nations does is vastly superior to BoA. Not that BoA's takes are bad for what they are. But BoA will never come close to replicating articulation in their Legacy Zords on par with SoC.
ZGMF-X20A is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:27 PM #77
> AFOS
Power Ranger

AFOS
Power Ranger

https://youtu.be/vWQ8n9o8Zgo

Here's an over five hour demonstration of products at Winter Wonfes 2017. There's a segment on the SoC Megazord beginning at the 23:40 mark. It is amazing.
AFOS is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 03:23 AM #78
> ViRGE

ViRGE

AFOS wrote: View Post

https://youtu.be/vWQ8n9o8Zgo

Here's an over five hour demonstration of products at Winter Wonfes 2017. There's a segment on the SoC Megazord beginning at the 23:40 mark. It is amazing.
And not a quick presentation either. They went for 9 minutes and they even let the presenters partially disassemble the Megazord.
Old February 21st, 2017, 05:08 AM #79
> Raiden
Banned

Raiden
Banned

Oh god. I was for sure getting Daizyujin but i was resigned to the fact it had no head articulation due to the transformation and the pictures we had seen. I can live with the power sword being inaccurate, and not displaying the mech with the canons on his back as they protrude to much. But its head does articulate! I'm over the moon with that. And waist articulation too? Icing on the cake. Its display options like these that make me want to double dip and buy a 2nd.
Raiden is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 05:20 AM #80
> Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

SoC: The best way to put this is "adult collectable". While it's technically a toy, it's not really meant to be played with. It's something you're meant to pose and then put on a display case..
For the amount of money I'm paying for that thing, it had better hold up to at least five transformations. It looks sturdy enough to be able to do it, though.
Jerry is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote