Home Menu

Menu

Old September 21st, 2017, 07:33 PM #41
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy

There D Hood wrote: View Post

Part of me is relieved that Super Saiyan Goku and regular don't have different hand combinations so I wouldn't have to buy both. The other part wishes they did. The fighting stance ones, Instant Transmission, and Big Bang Attack hands would've been great.

Now I'm wondering how good the Goku looks charging a Kamehameha right before he hit Cell with it and his pose for the Father-Son Kamehameha.
That actually reminds me, a major or minor flaw (depending on what you care about) is that Goku can't put his arms into any convincing firing kamehameha pose. So that sucks.
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:12 PM #42
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Great comparison shots Sentai!!! I agree that Frieza's head is huge and the proportions of the figures aren't as scaled as Figuarts... but I like that I can get these local.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:19 PM #43
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

That actually reminds me, a major or minor flaw (depending on what you care about) is that Goku can't put his arms into any convincing firing kamehameha pose. So that sucks.
I suppose it's not a fatal flaw, but a major one nonetheless. I suppose Final Flash is out of question as well? Makes me wonder why they couldn't make sure those poses work since they included such fitting hands.

But thanks a lot for taking those pictures. They're still impressive for their price point, but some of the grievances are quite disappointing.
There D Hood is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:35 PM #44
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Taichi wrote: View Post

Great comparison shots Sentai!!! I agree that Frieza's head is huge and the proportions of the figures aren't as scaled as Figuarts... but I like that I can get these local.
Thanks man! I'm right there with ya, the fact that I can walk into my usual toy hunting shops and see a Goku on the shelf, just makes me stupidly happy. Fingers crossed that this line continues for a good while, I at least think it has a better chance of succeeding than the Legacy line. If it does though, I think I'm going to scale back significantly on the Figuarts, and substitute these instead. Goku Black for example, I think I'll hold off on his upcoming Figuart, and see if this line makes it to him. Thinking about it though, I hope they don't reuse the regular or Super Saiyan Goku head for him. I'd like to see an evil smirk on him or something, given that they'd have to add the green potara earing, hopefully that means they would only reuse the hair sculpt, but I'm way off on a tangent now lol.

I suppose Final Flash is out of question as well?
Not sure, since I currently lack either Vegeta, but considering even the newest Figuart Vegeta struggles to pull it off, I doubt this one can. If Taichi's feeling generous, he might be able to answer that.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:45 PM #45
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

I know you don't have either Vegeta but I figured his body might be similar enough to Goku's to try. Looking again, I don't know if Goku's remaining shirt on his shoulder would impede a Final Flash.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:50 PM #46
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

I know you don't have either Vegeta but I figured his body might be similar enough to Goku's to try. Looking again, I don't know if Goku's remaining shirt on his shoulder would impede a Final Flash.
It absolutely does, Goku can't get his arms across his body, it's the same reason he can't do a kamehameha.
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:01 PM #47
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

Gotcha. Well, let's hope Super Saiyan 3/Blue Goku improves the body so that he can. I suppose that'll make buying those two less painful if they alter the body and you already had the Gokus from this wave.
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:15 PM #48
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

https://i.imgur.com/0BCVvM7.jpg
On the left is the Figure Rise model kit and on the right is the Figuarts. The Dragon Stars Goku is just a hair taller than the Figuarts, if you posed them you probably couldn't even tell.
I never started collecting the Figuarts line as I couldn't justify their price point, but seeing side-by-side shots of the Figuarts line with the Dragon Stars one, I kind of wish I had. If the Dragon Star figures would have facial expressions that either match or come darn close to matching their Figuarts counterparts, have proper neck to head proportions and have their shoulder pegs hidden, I'd snatch these up in a heartbeat. However, right now, I'm on the fence about whether to buy them.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm extremely excited to see DragonBall figures back on store shelves in the US. And I really want this line to succeed, trust me, but, for $20 a pop, I don't know if I can bring myself to own these.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 09:20 PM #49
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Here is the best kamehameha I could get him to do, without doing anything finicky.

If you push the shoulders up past where it wants you to, you can get it to look a lot better. The trade off is that the seems of the body start to open, and the shoulders are painted, so that will mess up the paint the more you do it.

And here's the Final Flash, not even close to straight armed. Vegeta may have better clearance though.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:38 AM #50
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Vegeta can get his arms more straight... but you still have to do a little trickery to get it just right. But looks better than Goku.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:35 AM #51
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

I love that figuart and figure rise effects all seem to work really well with these figures.....now if only i could find these.....this weekend there shall be a hunt.....
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:36 AM #52
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Yeah, I'm going after work to hunt down Goku... hopefully I find him.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:50 AM #53
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

do we know if they are gonna be making other characters? I want to collect this line, just not sure if the competitionist in me will accept only a few characters..
the real red ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:51 AM #54
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Yeah, I'm going after work to hunt down Goku... hopefully I find him.
Something about the hunt....and something about hunting DBZ figures.....it's very nostalgic.

It's nice that these are stateside again. I hope this line continues to thrive. Would be nice if they branched out into other characters.

Wonder how well some of the old Jakks and Irwin toys compare with these?

the real red ranger wrote: View Post

do we know if they are gonna be making other characters? I want to collect this line, just not sure if the competitionist in me will accept only a few characters..
I was thinking the same thing, but it would take too long for them to have a "complete" set of at least the main characters.....so i bit the bullet. I'm thrilled they made Frieza, so everything after him is just gravy.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:11 AM #55
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

the real red ranger wrote: View Post

Well, like any line, if it sells, there will be more. I feel they have high hopes for the line. And it's carrying the "Super" title, not "Z", which means that I think we'll see more Super characters than the older ones for now. Like Trunks, Goku Black, Whis, Hit, Champa... etc.

Actually, now that I think about it... might be nice to get 3 "Z" characters and 3 "Super" characters since there's 6 in the wave.

Lord Zedd wrote: View Post

Something about the hunt....and something about hunting DBZ figures.....it's very nostalgic.

It's nice that these are stateside again. I hope this line continues to thrive. Would be nice if they branched out into other characters.

Wonder how well some of the old Jakks and Irwin toys compare with these?
Oh hunting DB figures is one of my favorite things as they're so colorful and really stand out on the shelf.

And as someone that's had almost complete sets of every Dragon Ball line... these figures are probably the best. I really, really loved the later Irwin and Jakks figures... cause they were hitting all the right marks. The really early ones... and some of the very late ones were awful though. They had limited articulation, hands molded open, reused parts (like Trunks with Goku's pants and painted belt)... etc.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:20 AM #56
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Oh hunting DB figures is one of my favorite things as they're so colorful and really stand out on the shelf.

And as someone that's had almost complete sets of every Dragon Ball line... these figures are probably the best. I really, really loved the later Irwin and Jakks figures... cause they were hitting all the right marks. The really early ones... and some of the very late ones were awful though. They had limited articulation, hands molded open, reused parts (like Trunks with Goku's pants and painted belt)... etc.
I really hope this line is successful....i think we're in a period that DB is riding the popularity wave at the perfect time.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 03:12 PM #57
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

Appreciate the extra pictures. I'll still support the line in hopes they improve the poseability for future waves. It would be a real disappointment to not have more of the heavy players from Z.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:23 PM #58
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Yay!! Walgreens pulled through on their trucks!

Now I can put Shenlong together!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:24 PM #59
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Had the day off, so I went out hunting, bagged me a hairless cat!

Beerus is one of those characters that I like, but wasn't wiling to get the Figuart of. Couldn't really say no to this though. I really like this figure, I think the sculpt is pretty damn good, however there is one flaw that I knew would annoy me, even before I bought it. No bicep swivel. When every other figure in the line has one, this is pretty unacceptable. I just wish I could twist his arm!

Yeah, like that!

So I did a thing. After some slicing, dicing, and drilling, he can now do what should have been able to in the first place. I've only finished the one arm, so I'm off to do the other!

Beerus "You think your higher quality plastic can save you from the God of Destruction?! I think not."

Edit: finished the other arm! Now he can do this

or this

Beerus "Would you look at this awful collection of those brutish Dinosaur creatures, blocking my way? I should destroy you for the mere fact of existing, let alone interrupting my evning stroll. Though, I may reconsider, if you happen to posses any of that pizza delicacy?"

Jason "Umm...no, we don't have any pizza..."

Beerus "Destruction it is."

Last edited by TheSentaiGuy; September 22nd, 2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:27 AM #60
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Awesome job! Aside from simple paining or swapping parts... I can't bring myself to cut on a figure like that.

So funny story. Well, it's only funny cause it worked out. The Goku I bought ended up with TWO LEFT LEGS!! I thought something looked weird, but sometimes the joints aren't positioned just right like with the Legacy figures.

Nope. Luckily one store... ONE had ONE Goku left. All is okay. Phew!