Home Menu

Menu

Old January 5th, 2019, 10:33 AM #541
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

Taichi wrote: View Post

Do people want pics and reviews? Maybe, maybe not, but you're getting them anyway!

I'll just go over each figure real quick with pros and cons and give a simple thought on the set.

https://i.imgur.com/7DegZvxl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/WZ0iIr3l.jpg

Future Trunks:

- Big feet
- Colors are too dark in my opinion
- Head sculpt is fantastic
- Suffers from the hair problem with the neck so he doesn't have up and down motion
- Sword hilt is REMOVABLE!!
- Scabbard doesn't have the straps painted olive green :/

https://i.imgur.com/7uRXxajl.jpg

SS Gohan:

- Doesn't suffer from the giraffe neck that Ultimate Gohan does
- Uh... not much else to say, he's exactly the same as Gohan, but with an SS Head

https://i.imgur.com/NYrNphXl.jpg

Vegetto:

- Neck issue is fixed, at least from what my SSB Vegetto had
- Face sculpt is dead on
- Joints are tighter than SSB
- No puke green tips of shoes, they're the right color now

https://i.imgur.com/QZtk7Dtl.jpg

Vegeta Whis Outfit:

- Actually, I think this figure is far better than the SSB version even though it's identical

https://i.imgur.com/p2Dv5e9l.jpg

Goku Black:

- Not much to say, identical to his SSR form
- Does have tighter joints than SSR
- Face sculpt is amazing
- Soles of boot are painted, where they aren't on SSR

https://i.imgur.com/sykSFaRl.jpg

Ultra Instinct Goku:

- Pretty decent all the way around
- Belt is NOT painted - which is stupid - but fixable
- Really like the sculpt
- Eyes are a little weird like everyone has said, but I don't think hinders the figure, he's just kinda beady-eyed.

https://i.imgur.com/pX3Fcewl.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Dd2L0lPl.jpg

Broly BAF:

- Heavy figure
- Decent sculpt
- Is a little smaller than he should be
- He's built like a box, has a very wide stance, which looks a little weird
- Kale pulls off the Broly body FAR better

So overall, this set is pretty much the same as the last one... since most are repaints from other waves. Some issues were fixed, like the neck problems with Gohan and Vegetto, and some of the joints are far better. However, the joint thing is pretty much arbitrary as someone may get a more loose figure. Trunks, Vegetto and Black I think have the best face sculpts out of all the "human" figures so far. Zedd and I were talking about this last night, and he mentioned how far the faces have come from that first wave lol!

I really hope that more of the problems are addressed in the Z/GT waves and the inconsistencies are fixed though.
I really like that they are getting better w/ the heads now they just need to get the feet abit better and make some of the articulation a tad better (mainly in the neck)

TheDub wrote: View Post

Why didnt you open it up and look?
XD I should have but I was more interested in the Captain Marvel Legends case we got in aswell
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 03:29 PM #542
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

I really like that they are getting better w/ the heads now they just need to get the feet abit better and make some of the articulation a tad better (mainly in the neck)

XD I should have but I was more interested in the Captain Marvel Legends case we got in aswell
fair point. Id have a hard time picking a case, though id just get both. Lol. Since you were at work that may not have been an option. I know some places employees arent allowed to hold things.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:45 AM #543
> Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay
Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay

I received the new wave last night and my major two gripes are Vegeta's head sculpt and Trunks ability to stand straight. My reason for skipping the first few waves of Dragon Stars figures was because of the head sculpts...the faces were oddly squished-looking and appeared disproportionate from certain angles, and the eyes and mouths looked like badly applied stickers....the new Vegeta unfortunately suffers from both of these issues (mine also has a weird issue with his right arm where it swings into one of two positions). My trunks also seems to have trouble supporting himself due to the odd size and positioning of his feet (an issue which is further enhanced by loose hip joints). I was able to remedy this somewhat by removing the foot and repositioning the ball joint, but he still looks and stands best while in an action pose rather than standing straight....a rather annoying issue for what would have otherwise been my favorite figure of the set.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the other figures. Vegito has an excellent face sculpt, the metallic shine on Goku's hair is amazing, and Broly is well made with a good heft to him. Even Gohan, which I thought would be a boring head-swap, is a surprisingly solid figure.

For my first full set of these figures, I'm quite satisfied overall. There are definitely more hits than misses and the next wave seems like it will be even better.

Last edited by Deus; January 8th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Deus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 09:18 AM #544
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

well...I broke...I found a SS Gohan, they had 1 Vegeta...so I bought them...just need to find Vegito now (altohugh I dont really need or want the base form Vegito)...Shot in the dark...did anyone here buy him w/o the intent of building Broly? If so do you have the extra arm you want to sell off? lol
the real red ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:28 PM #545
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

Alright..where to start...I still really hate this Vegeta figure...blue & base form all the same...Im just hoping I can pair him with Goku and Berus to make a cool training scene, I mean is that really the best they could come up with? That face is just awful! Next up Gohan, I didnt think I'd like this figure, but wow I really do! And last I really enjoyed Broly, just need the last arm from Vegito, but damn its cool looking figure..
Overall I wish this wave gave us a little more than what we got, but I am just curious who sat there and said "This is the best Vegeta we can do? Alright then!"
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:55 PM #546
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

i hate the angry expressions all together. the serious face was fine.
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:17 PM #547
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

its just odd...I was looking at ssjb last night and I was like "eh this is not good" now this morning I opened base form and just was even less impressed!
Old January 16th, 2019, 08:14 PM #548
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

So I've been holding off on ordering Series 4 (Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta, Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black, Zamasu) online in hopes that Walmart would stock that series since they stocked Series 3 right before Christmas, but tonight I saw Series 5 has started to show up. This seriously puzzles me. Whatever happened to Series 4? Is it just extremely rare or is there a warehouse somewhere that Bandai forgot about that's sitting on boxes and boxes of Series 4? Ugh... the Fused Zamasu build-a-figure is being more and more of a pain to complete!
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:50 AM #549
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

Im gonna be honest..If your just trying to complete Fused Zamasu its not a great figure, I wish we'd gotten Perfect Zamasu not that ugly thing...Goku Black and Zamsu though are very worth getting, plus they look great together...and If you read my posts above Im not a fan of that version of Vegeta, so I dont feel your missing out there...so if your online and you want to buy, but dont want to invest all the $ I defiantly suggest Goku Black R & Zamasu...but thats just my 2 cents...
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:25 AM #550
> Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay
Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay

the real red ranger wrote: View Post

Im gonna be honest..If your just trying to complete Fused Zamasu its not a great figure, I wish we'd gotten Perfect Zamasu not that ugly thing...Goku Black and Zamsu though are very worth getting, plus they look great together...and If you read my posts above Im not a fan of that version of Vegeta, so I dont feel your missing out there...so if your online and you want to buy, but dont want to invest all the $ I defiantly suggest Goku Black R & Zamasu...but thats just my 2 cents...
Agreed, I have those two displayed alongside the standard form Goku Black from the newest wave. My only complaint is that I wish the energy sword would have been designed to fit over their hand rather than removing the hand and attaching it to the nub by itself.
Deus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:51 AM #551
> urameshi32
Kamen Rider

urameshi32
Kamen Rider

The three Dragon Stars I've imported arrive tomorrow, so I'll be able to judge how much I like them, and whether I end up buying more. I ended up buying Freeza, Hit and Cabba.
urameshi32 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 08:05 AM #552
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

urameshi32 wrote: View Post

The three Dragon Stars I've imported arrive tomorrow, so I'll be able to judge how much I like them, and whether I end up buying more. I ended up buying Freeza, Hit and Cabba.
did you end up enjoying them?

also, since toyfair will be in less than a month should we hope to see the official next wave revealed? i know the figs were leaked but we dont know wave breakdown. would be nice to know if it will continue like the broly wave where they released almost simultaneously so we dont sit for months with half a baf.
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:25 PM #553
> urameshi32
Kamen Rider

urameshi32
Kamen Rider

TheDub wrote: View Post

did you end up enjoying them?

also, since toyfair will be in less than a month should we hope to see the official next wave revealed? i know the figs were leaked but we dont know wave breakdown. would be nice to know if it will continue like the broly wave where they released almost simultaneously so we dont sit for months with half a baf.
Sorry for the late reply, yeah I ended up liking them more than I expected, they compliment my figuarts selection nicely.
I certainly enjoyed em enough to pre order some of the new ones off BBTS, with the SS3 Goku, Perfect Cell and 17, plus SS4 Goku. I was going to get Jiren but I might wait for the Figuart for that one.
urameshi32 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 03:07 PM #554
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

So i dont know if this is worth mentioning but i pre ordered the wave that comes with picolo and ss4 goku from entertainment earth. They expect the figs to ship in feb.
Old February 14th, 2019, 10:38 PM #555
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

I've seen some reviews start to pop up on YouTube for Series 9 and 10 of the Dragon Stars line and for these two series (and I'm guessing subsequent releases), Bandai has gone away from the Build-A-Figures. I'm 50/50 with this decision as it means you can skip figures you don't really want, but I fear that this will cause certain figures to peg warm, so I'm hoping this new direction doesn't kill the line. I'm also a little disappointed that there are no additional accessories. I must say though that Bandai killed it with their Piccolo and First Form Frieza sculpts!
Old February 14th, 2019, 11:17 PM #556
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

If it means they can make better figures i guess i can live with it. They have to stop those lazy repaints though.
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:14 AM #557
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

Agreed on the repaints. I've seen about enough Goku's and Vegeta's for awhile.

Switching gears a little, here's how my DragonBall Figure-Rise Standard's are coming. I've got eight complete with three more to build and another three on the way.

Old February 16th, 2019, 10:45 AM #558
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Found Dragon Stars Ultra Instinct Goku at EB Games so I thought I'd pick him up to see how it is since I mainly collect the SHFs and not the Dragon Stars line. I have to say he's not that bad though articulation could be better and i didn't even realize his belt wasn't painted blue until reviews pointed it out. Haha.

Infinitevirtue is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 04:06 PM #559
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

Not bad!

But unfortunately I知 selling all my figures. I need to prioritize, and the Lightning Collection has definitely taken over... and I kind of refuse to give Bandai any more money. I kept Mystic Gohan and I値l probably snag SS4 Goku... but I知 done.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 16th, 2019, 04:32 PM #560
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

Taichi wrote: View Post

Not bad!

But unfortunately I知 selling all my figures. I need to prioritize, and the Lightning Collection has definitely taken over... and I kind of refuse to give Bandai any more money. I kept Mystic Gohan and I値l probably snag SS4 Goku... but I知 done.
Pfft you sure sound done Tai. You can quit whenever you want, right?

But I agree, now that Hasbro PR has come out of the corner swinging, I'm bowing out of this line as well, unless something really cool comes along
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote