Home Menu

Menu

Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM #1681
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

CryloBenAffleck wrote: View Post

Youre paying yes, but you arent technically paying for the item you took. But Im sure the AP twam and the cops will understand if they get caught they just HAAAAAD to have the toy.
I really, really, really would hope that the cops wouldn't give half a shit if someone scanned one toy in order to purchase a different toy of the exact same value and price.

It's not theft by any normal, logical sense. The stock in the system will be off, which can be easily adjusted if the staff member is remotely competent and makes a note of it, the store gets the money, and the consumer just received some excellent customer service.

Who exactly is the loser in this scenario?
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM #1682
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Well the Walmarts around still don't even have PR toys. The one Target nearby that I've gone to doesn't have any Lightning out early sadly. But I haven't checked the Super Target(not nearby), might have success there. Actually wont be able to get there till maybe Easter(think they're still open Easter...). So by then it might be their street date though whether they'd be out on Easter...probably not. Still, worth checking perhaps.

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

I really, really, really would hope that the cops wouldn't give half a shit if someone scanned one toy in order to purchase a different toy of the exact same value and price.

It's not theft by any normal, logical sense. The stock in the system will be off, which can be easily adjusted if the staff member is remotely competent and makes a note of it, the store gets the money, and the consumer just received some excellent customer service.

I mean, you expect the employee to actually make note and report it to a manager, and for the manager to make a note and go into the system and adjust things or report it to whomever handles that stuff. Admittedly, majority of employees will have forgotten about it before the day is half over. Though sure, if one missed toy actually somehow jumps up on the store radar, there might be questions asked but yeah, likely it wont really catch much notice.

Though technically, I'm sure the employee could get in trouble for doing that. Now, doesn't mean the pitchforks and torches need to come out for customer or employee in this scenario, but it's also understandable in considering it illegal. So the employee technically could be the "loser" here, depending on if the managers and such at the store consider it a serious offense, if it even comes to light.

Last edited by Alitain; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM #1683
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Alitain wrote: View Post

I mean, you expect the employee to actually make note and report it to a manager, and for the manager to make a note and go into the system and adjust things or report it to whomever handles that stuff.
There's no reason they couldn't; I worked in retail throughout my time in school, and any stock issues or problems with a customer not being able to purchase something I'd either find a way to process it manually and make a note to adjust stock later, or anything major I'd get confirmation from a manager. As long as the customer pays the marked price, then there's really no issue there.

Like I said, it's just good customer service. Alternatively, in the case of employee ignorance, it's a minor blip that would at worst be a slap on the wrist; there's no way any normal employer could get away with firing someone over something as minute as selling a toy for the advertised price.
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM #1684
> GreenWithEvil50501
The Evil Green Ranger

GreenWithEvil50501
The Evil Green Ranger

Anyone find it weird that Lord Zedd shipped from Amazon, but White Ranger hasn't?
GreenWithEvil50501 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM #1685
> J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

CryloBenAffleck wrote: View Post

Can someone gimme an image of the UPC on the figs or at least tell me the UPC? Cant find it anywhere.

Except you scanned the PR Fig and it worked. One didnt, so you scanned the other twice.

We're talking scanning a black series or marvel legends and taking the PR fig. THAT is theft. Youre paying yes, but you arent technically paying for the item you took. But Im sure the AP twam and the cops will understand if they get caught they just HAAAAAD to have the toy.

You removing an item from the store that causes shrink in store inventory is considered theft.
lol, bummer.
J_S_P is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM #1686
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

Shrink, which is what this is, in this case, would still be considered theft.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM #1687
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

Every one please drop the debate regarding stock issues (and whether it's ethical or not to scan figure in place or another). Every time I come in here I keep seeing the debate and it's become a bit much. Lets get back on track this is meant for the lightning collection. Thank you!

I have yet to see these figures in Canada, I'm debating whether I want any of them. The only reason I would want them is for completion purposes. With the legacy line I didn't buy Red or Green when they initially came out, and went through hell trying to locate them to complete my legacy MMPR team.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM #1688
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Dyl wrote: View Post

I have yet to see these figures in Canada, I'm debating whether I want any of them. The only reason I would want them is for completion purposes. With the legacy line I didn't buy Red or Green when they initially came out, and went through hell trying to locate them to complete my legacy MMPR team.
Surprising given these and the OW Ultimates showed up in Canada before everywhere else. What part of Canada?
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM #1689
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

I misread. Never mind!
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM #1690
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

I checked two regular Target's and a Super Target tonight and only found one of the regular Target's that had them on the shelf. There were three MMPR White Rangers, two Shadow Rangers and two DC Red Rangers on the pegs. Kinda sad I didn't see a Lord Zedd, but I took a White Ranger and scanned him with one of those "price-check" thingy's and it said he cost $19.99. I didn't try purchasing it as I already have my order in with Hasbro Pulse, but I'll probably make a trip to all the Target's again on Sunday in hopes of finding a Zedd for my brother who wasn't able to pre-order him.

I was a little disappointed with the paint applications though. Sadly I think the Legacy line had better paint apps as far as scuffs and blotches are concerned. I have no doubt Hasbro will get better as the series goes on, but it was a little depressing to see.

Alitain wrote: View Post

Well the Walmarts around still don't even have PR toys.
I checked my three Walmart's tonight and didn't see any Power Ranger figures in the toy aisles either. It was just by dumb happenstance that I walked past their Easter setup and saw the Beast Morpher rangers in one of those middle-aisle box displays. No idea why they put them there, but they're there. No Lightning figures though.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM #1691
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

Thunder wrote: View Post

I checked two regular Target's and a Super Target tonight and only found one of the regular Target's that had them on the shelf. There were three MMPR White Rangers, two Shadow Rangers and two DC Red Rangers on the pegs. Kinda sad I didn't see a Lord Zedd, but I took a White Ranger and scanned him with one of those "price-check" thingy's and it said he cost $19.99. I didn't try purchasing it as I already have my order in with Hasbro Pulse, but I'll probably make a trip to all the Target's again on Sunday in hopes of finding a Zedd for my brother who wasn't able to pre-order him.

I was a little disappointed with the paint applications though. Sadly I think the Legacy line had better paint apps as far as scuffs and blotches are concerned. I have no doubt Hasbro will get better as the series goes on, but it was a little depressing to see.

I checked my three Walmart's tonight and didn't see any Power Ranger figures in the toy aisles either. It was just by dumb happenstance that I walked past their Easter setup and saw the Beast Morpher rangers in one of those middle-aisle box displays. No idea why they put them there, but they're there. No Lightning figures though.
Mods are being reset monday, following easter.
All the PR stuff is going out then, but it'll depend on how fast your store goes about resetting the mods.

P.S. Target is closed Easter Sunday
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM #1692
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Checked 3 different targets yesterday and today (Los Angeles) and no sign of the lightning figs Im trying to be patient since eventually we will have a glutt of wave 1 figures but that zed just looks too good
Tyrannozord27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM #1693
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Thunder wrote: View Post

Bandai didn't exactly choose the most complex ranger teams in terms of paint apps. Though white belts and the concept of gold alluded them. But generally they chose to do the main teams that was mostly one color. I've also seen a few visor screw ups.

Beyond that Bandai was more prone to straight up not do apps that were very apparent like DT White.

Again $20 figures though. These are not figuarts which is more then just articulation and body types. I assume there more expense put on QC.

Hasbro does need to deal with their paint issues in general. They've more or less gotten bodies down but getting figures with consistent paint jobs is a black eye for them.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends