Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM #1681
JaimeZeo's Avatar
> JaimeZeo
K, then.
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,212
JaimeZeo
K, then.
JaimeZeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,212



CryloBenAffleck wrote: View Post

Youre paying yes, but you arent technically paying for the item you took. But Im sure the AP twam and the cops will understand if they get caught they just HAAAAAD to have the toy.
I really, really, really would hope that the cops wouldn't give half a shit if someone scanned one toy in order to purchase a different toy of the exact same value and price.

It's not theft by any normal, logical sense. The stock in the system will be off, which can be easily adjusted if the staff member is remotely competent and makes a note of it, the store gets the money, and the consumer just received some excellent customer service.

Who exactly is the loser in this scenario?
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM #1682
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,317
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,317



Well the Walmarts around still don't even have PR toys. The one Target nearby that I've gone to doesn't have any Lightning out early sadly. But I haven't checked the Super Target(not nearby), might have success there. Actually wont be able to get there till maybe Easter(think they're still open Easter...). So by then it might be their street date though whether they'd be out on Easter...probably not. Still, worth checking perhaps.

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

I really, really, really would hope that the cops wouldn't give half a shit if someone scanned one toy in order to purchase a different toy of the exact same value and price.

It's not theft by any normal, logical sense. The stock in the system will be off, which can be easily adjusted if the staff member is remotely competent and makes a note of it, the store gets the money, and the consumer just received some excellent customer service.

Who exactly is the loser in this scenario?
I mean, you expect the employee to actually make note and report it to a manager, and for the manager to make a note and go into the system and adjust things or report it to whomever handles that stuff. Admittedly, majority of employees will have forgotten about it before the day is half over. Though sure, if one missed toy actually somehow jumps up on the store radar, there might be questions asked but yeah, likely it wont really catch much notice.

Though technically, I'm sure the employee could get in trouble for doing that. Now, doesn't mean the pitchforks and torches need to come out for customer or employee in this scenario, but it's also understandable in considering it illegal. So the employee technically could be the "loser" here, depending on if the managers and such at the store consider it a serious offense, if it even comes to light.

Last edited by Alitain; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM #1683
JaimeZeo's Avatar
> JaimeZeo
K, then.
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,212
JaimeZeo
K, then.
JaimeZeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,212



Alitain wrote: View Post

I mean, you expect the employee to actually make note and report it to a manager, and for the manager to make a note and go into the system and adjust things or report it to whomever handles that stuff.
There's no reason they couldn't; I worked in retail throughout my time in school, and any stock issues or problems with a customer not being able to purchase something I'd either find a way to process it manually and make a note to adjust stock later, or anything major I'd get confirmation from a manager. As long as the customer pays the marked price, then there's really no issue there.

Like I said, it's just good customer service. Alternatively, in the case of employee ignorance, it's a minor blip that would at worst be a slap on the wrist; there's no way any normal employer could get away with firing someone over something as minute as selling a toy for the advertised price.
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM #1684
GreenWithEvil50501's Avatar
> GreenWithEvil50501
The Evil Green Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 728
GreenWithEvil50501
The Evil Green Ranger
GreenWithEvil50501's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 728



Anyone find it weird that Lord Zedd shipped from Amazon, but White Ranger hasn't?
GreenWithEvil50501 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM #1685
J_S_P's Avatar
> J_S_P
Karate and Friendship
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 755
J_S_P
Karate and Friendship
J_S_P's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 755



CryloBenAffleck wrote: View Post

Can someone gimme an image of the UPC on the figs or at least tell me the UPC? Cant find it anywhere.



Except you scanned the PR Fig and it worked. One didnt, so you scanned the other twice.

We're talking scanning a black series or marvel legends and taking the PR fig. THAT is theft. Youre paying yes, but you arent technically paying for the item you took. But Im sure the AP twam and the cops will understand if they get caught they just HAAAAAD to have the toy.

You removing an item from the store that causes shrink in store inventory is considered theft.
lol, bummer.
J_S_P is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM #1686
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay



JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

I really, really, really would hope that the cops wouldn't give half a shit if someone scanned one toy in order to purchase a different toy of the exact same value and price.

It's not theft by any normal, logical sense. The stock in the system will be off, which can be easily adjusted if the staff member is remotely competent and makes a note of it, the store gets the money, and the consumer just received some excellent customer service.

Who exactly is the loser in this scenario?
Shrink, which is what this is, in this case, would still be considered theft.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM #1687
Dyl's Avatar
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,191
eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
Dyl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,191
eBay



Every one please drop the debate regarding stock issues (and whether it's ethical or not to scan figure in place or another). Every time I come in here I keep seeing the debate and it's become a bit much. Lets get back on track this is meant for the lightning collection. Thank you!

I have yet to see these figures in Canada, I'm debating whether I want any of them. The only reason I would want them is for completion purposes. With the legacy line I didn't buy Red or Green when they initially came out, and went through hell trying to locate them to complete my legacy MMPR team.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM #1688
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay



Dyl wrote: View Post

I have yet to see these figures in Canada, I'm debating whether I want any of them. The only reason I would want them is for completion purposes. With the legacy line I didn't buy Red or Green when they initially came out, and went through hell trying to locate them to complete my legacy MMPR team.
Surprising given these and the OW Ultimates showed up in Canada before everywhere else. What part of Canada?
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM #1689
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,460
Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,460



I misread. Never mind!
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM #1690
Thunder's Avatar
> Thunder
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 713
Thunder
Power Ranger
Thunder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 713



I checked two regular Target's and a Super Target tonight and only found one of the regular Target's that had them on the shelf. There were three MMPR White Rangers, two Shadow Rangers and two DC Red Rangers on the pegs. Kinda sad I didn't see a Lord Zedd, but I took a White Ranger and scanned him with one of those "price-check" thingy's and it said he cost $19.99. I didn't try purchasing it as I already have my order in with Hasbro Pulse, but I'll probably make a trip to all the Target's again on Sunday in hopes of finding a Zedd for my brother who wasn't able to pre-order him.

I was a little disappointed with the paint applications though. Sadly I think the Legacy line had better paint apps as far as scuffs and blotches are concerned. I have no doubt Hasbro will get better as the series goes on, but it was a little depressing to see.

Alitain wrote: View Post

Well the Walmarts around still don't even have PR toys.
I checked my three Walmart's tonight and didn't see any Power Ranger figures in the toy aisles either. It was just by dumb happenstance that I walked past their Easter setup and saw the Beast Morpher rangers in one of those middle-aisle box displays. No idea why they put them there, but they're there. No Lightning figures though.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM #1691
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,506
eBay



Thunder wrote: View Post

I checked two regular Target's and a Super Target tonight and only found one of the regular Target's that had them on the shelf. There were three MMPR White Rangers, two Shadow Rangers and two DC Red Rangers on the pegs. Kinda sad I didn't see a Lord Zedd, but I took a White Ranger and scanned him with one of those "price-check" thingy's and it said he cost $19.99. I didn't try purchasing it as I already have my order in with Hasbro Pulse, but I'll probably make a trip to all the Target's again on Sunday in hopes of finding a Zedd for my brother who wasn't able to pre-order him.

I was a little disappointed with the paint applications though. Sadly I think the Legacy line had better paint apps as far as scuffs and blotches are concerned. I have no doubt Hasbro will get better as the series goes on, but it was a little depressing to see.


I checked my three Walmart's tonight and didn't see any Power Ranger figures in the toy aisles either. It was just by dumb happenstance that I walked past their Easter setup and saw the Beast Morpher rangers in one of those middle-aisle box displays. No idea why they put them there, but they're there. No Lightning figures though.
Mods are being reset monday, following easter.
All the PR stuff is going out then, but it'll depend on how fast your store goes about resetting the mods.

P.S. Target is closed Easter Sunday
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM #1692
Tyrannozord27's Avatar
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 117
Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger
Tyrannozord27's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 117



Checked 3 different targets yesterday and today (Los Angeles) and no sign of the lightning figs Im trying to be patient since eventually we will have a glutt of wave 1 figures but that zed just looks too good
Tyrannozord27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM #1693
DesignIncase's Avatar
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 269
DesignIncase
Power Ranger
DesignIncase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 269



Thunder wrote: View Post

I was a little disappointed with the paint applications though. Sadly I think the Legacy line had better paint apps as far as scuffs and blotches are concerned. I have no doubt Hasbro will get better as the series goes on, but it was a little depressing to see.


Bandai didn't exactly choose the most complex ranger teams in terms of paint apps. Though white belts and the concept of gold alluded them. But generally they chose to do the main teams that was mostly one color. I've also seen a few visor screw ups.

Beyond that Bandai was more prone to straight up not do apps that were very apparent like DT White.

Again $20 figures though. These are not figuarts which is more then just articulation and body types. I assume there more expense put on QC.

Hasbro does need to deal with their paint issues in general. They've more or less gotten bodies down but getting figures with consistent paint jobs is a black eye for them.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
super epic legacy legends

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.