RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Conventions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old January 21st, 2018, 08:17 AM   #421
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
Yeah on the one hand I want to go because it's fun, but when I think about how much it costs I have second thoughts especially if there won't really be anything that different this year besides a new venue. The merch is always pretty much the same, the guests are pretty much the same, and Bandai never really has any to die for exclusives. I don't know I'm on the fence this year.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:30 AM   #422
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Yeah on the one hand I want to go because it's fun, but when I think about how much it costs I have second thoughts especially if there won't really be anything that different this year besides a new venue. The merch is always pretty much the same, the guests are pretty much the same, and Bandai never really has any to die for exclusives. I don't know I'm on the fence this year.
to add to what I said earlier, I'm going to compare a trip to PMC for me (all the costs listed, excluding what can be spent once in the convention) to my honeymoon. We had a beachfront room in Jamaica for 7 days/6 nights that included round trip airfare, transportation between the airport and resort, fully stocked bar and mini bar in our room, all the drinks (alocholic and not) we'd want, and 16 restaurants across the resort we could visit for food, with their hours of operation such that there was only about a 2 hour window right before dawn that was the only time you couldn't get food, not to mention all various land and water sports across the resort at no additional charge....all for about 500 more than what we are spending to go to PMC...

The convention is fun, but every time we go, it does get that much harder to justify going.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #423
Neoscott
Power Morphicon

Updates

http://officialpowermorphicon.com/
Neoscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #424
⚡Dukemon

Neoscott wrote: View Post

I'm gonna be broke aren't I?
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #425
Neoscott
Power Morphicon

New guest announcements tomorrow as well
Neoscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #426
⚡Dukemon

New guest announcements tomorrow as well
Sweet! Thanks for the updates Neoscott
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #427
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
So it seems like they got Bandai of America to produce a figure that only PMC can purchase who is then in turn selling only to con attendees. So Bandai will then also create their own exclusives that they will sell to attendees directly. Crazy.
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #428
Roboboard
It ain't nothing but love

So it seems like they got Bandai of America to produce a figure that only PMC can purchase who is then in turn selling only to con attendees. So Bandai will then also create their own exclusives that they will sell to attendees directly. Crazy.
Yeah. I think PMC probably had the choice of either exclusive and Bandai is asking them to sit on whatever the other one they are holding for their stand may be. Although on twitter there is massive uncertainty as to whether more exclusives exist.
Roboboard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #429
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
Well I mean this Drakkon figure is being sold by PMC directly, through a deal they made with BOA. It's a PMC exclusive like the legacy stuff that have been TRU exclusives.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #430
Roboboard
It ain't nothing but love

Well I mean this Drakkon figure is being sold by PMC directly, through a deal they made with BOA. It's a PMC exclusive like the legacy stuff that have been TRU exclusives.
I still think Bandai will have their own exclusive to sell to convention goers as always. IMO this is like if NYCC sold a Bandai exclusive through their own channel - Bandai would still most likely have one at their booth. I find that more likely than them selling Drakkon at a booth in the convention centre. Of course - supply dependent. $50 is quite steep so I'm personally hoping for, weapons, good detailing and perhaps another accessory (maybe a throne). Can't be long till we get pictures surely
Roboboard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #431
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
$50 is probably the price point just due to the quantity ordered. The more they produce the cheaper they can sell them for, and they are making considerably less than a regular retail release figure.

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6