RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Conventions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old August 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM   #201
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
That place is pricey, I'm waiting to see what kind of hotel group rates PMC is able to negotiate.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #202
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

That place is pricey, I'm waiting to see what kind of hotel group rates PMC is able to negotiate.
Disneyland or Desert Palms?
the_future_zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #203
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
Both actually.
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #204
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Both actually.
Desert Palms is not that bad actually, you pay about the same price per night here in wisconsin for a upper middle tier hotel. 200 something a night isnt bad at all
Old August 10th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #205
destinedinsanity
Winged Lord of the Sky

Does anybody with a decent feel/history for these things have an educated guess on when we could see the hotel blocks via PMC becoming available?
destinedinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 03:01 AM   #206
⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
I just did a quick search of the PMC4 thread (last one I made), and the block went up around the 23rd of August.

Mind you, that was at the old convention center and hotel that Scott has dealt with before in the past so it may be a bit longer, but worst case scenerio, I'm guessing somewhere around around the end of august into September is when we'll see something.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:18 AM   #207
⚡Dukemon

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

I just did a quick search of the PMC4 thread (last one I made), and the block went up around the 23rd of August.

Mind you, that was at the old convention center and hotel that Scott has dealt with before in the past so it may be a bit longer, but worst case scenerio, I'm guessing somewhere around around the end of august into September is when we'll see something.
See, I waited for the block last year, and then it didn't work for me lol. I ended up in the hotel anyway, but with a much higher rate. (Not too many choices)

The price I paid for the hotel this year is almost nothing compared to that, so I was happy, even if it is on the pricey side compared to some.

I'd be okay with a Disneyland meetup, but depending on the day, it may be a little hard to put together.
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #208
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

the_future_zordon wrote: View Post

Better expert than I. After all I live all the way in Wisconsin
Awesome it be cool to meet someone else from Wisconsin this year. Just warning you now they dont have the seafood and crab sub there from Subway. I found out the hard way last time.

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

I hear ya TerrorToad. Friday is the day it really helps, just to see if there's anything worth snagging. I don't deny annoyance at seeing non-platinum and gold members getting in early last time I was there as well.
well I cant speak for others. But I had a press pass thanks to AGR. I even got 1st row to the Dino Charge panel thanks to it.

For those that have been to the gold ranger badge meet and greet. Is it just a bunch of fans able to talk with the guests that come? Or is it like a dinner? Will there be drinks there?
I was there last year thanks to being my friends plus 1. It's kinda like a party. Food, drinks (kinda pricey thou), and other fans and actors to talk too. It's like going to a busy bar/club on a Saturday only with a few Power Rangers there. When I was there only about 6 or 7 were there.
powerpackers90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #209
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

Me and some friends decided that well be going to universal instead. After all universal studios is smaller and we can take a train from Anaheim into hollywood

Last edited by the_future_zordon; August 11th, 2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #210
⚡Dukemon

I'm definitely more interested in Disneyland over Universal, mostly because Universal in Japan was so much better than the one in Orlando, and I feel like the one in California is kind of just there, and it's mostly the same stuff.

Disneyland on the other hand has a lot of different things compared to Disney World, and other parks. But we'll see hehe.
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #211
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

For me I have never been to universal. And I want to go on the Jurassic park ride and the transformers ride. That and the walking dead thing. I don't watch the show but from the looks if things it's almost like a year round haunted house thing
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #212
⚡Dukemon

For me I have never been to universal. And I want to go on the Jurassic park ride and the transformers ride. That and the walking dead thing. I don't watch the show but from the looks if things it's almost like a year round haunted house thing
Definitely if you haven't been before, those are great things to check out
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #213
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

Also not sure when my entire party will get to Anaheim so with universal being smaller we can get through the oarj without having to rush
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #214
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Hey just giving you guys a heads up. Double check your days at Desert Palmss. Cause I checked the hotel out to tell my friends, and it changed the dates to August 16-20 2017 not 2018. When it redirected me to prices.
Old August 11th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #215
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
Haha oops yeah they'll charge you as a no show if you don't cancel it.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #216
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

I'm glad they still have me for 2018
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #217
⚡Dukemon

powerpackers90 wrote: View Post

Hey just giving you guys a heads up. Double check your days at Desert Palmss. Cause I checked the hotel out to tell my friends, and it changed the dates to August 16-20 2017 not 2018. When it redirected me to prices.
Mine's still good. I think it just auto'd you to those dates because it's August. You didn't check out or anything right?

Last edited by Dukemon; August 11th, 2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #218
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Mine's still good. I think it just auto'd you to those dates because it's August. You didn't check out or anything right?
no im just looking for now.
Old August 12th, 2017, 05:44 PM   #219
the_future_zordon
Power Ranger

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the attendance was for the last PMC?
Old August 13th, 2017, 01:28 AM   #220
⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I'm heading in a day early to possibly to check out Disneyland. Excited, I've always heard good things. Probably can only do a few attractions though.
Depending when you get there, you'd be surprised at how many rides you can get in before the day is over. And Fast Passes are your friends. Especially for Space Mountain or Indiana Jones.
Zeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6