Home Menu

Menu

Old December 4th, 2018, 07:16 PM #1841
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Yeah, just saw. Early unlock as the reward for the new PVE solo raid. But looks like you gotta be 1-5 on the leaderboard to get Zen-Aku shards, so I imagine that wont be me, heh. Also seems there's an RJ warrior boost box going on with the assist available, the kinda box I was hoping would appear after initially unlocking him so yay. Only could buy one box though, got 1 leader shard and then the 1 leader/assist reward. Might consider getting funds to buy a couple more cause I wanna unlock RJ assist and don't mind maybe getting a few more leader shards. We'll see though, I am curious about Zen-Aku.

Last edited by Alitain; December 4th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:21 PM #1842
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Alitain wrote: View Post

Yeah, just saw. Early unlock as the reward for the new PVE solo raid.
😂 We have zero chance of winning that. It only goes to the like the top 10 finishers.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 09:04 PM #1843
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Anyone else think that Zen-Aku looks kinda chunky? I don't remember him being so bloated looking in the show.
Doritoscoper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 09:08 PM #1844
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Zen-Aku looks awesome! I'm psyched, as he was one of my most wished for villains. I can't wait to play as him after dropping way too much cash to unlock him because I'm an idiot with no self restraint. >_>
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 09:12 PM #1845
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper wrote: View Post

Anyone else think that Zen-Aku looks kinda chunky? I don't remember him being so bloated looking in the show.
MegaZeo wrote: View Post

Zen-Aku looks awesome! I'm psyched, as he was one of my most wished for villains. I can't wait to play as him after dropping way too much cash to unlock him because I'm an idiot with no self restraint. >_>
YEAH, I noticed that too. Zen-Aku's not supposed to be that chunky, but I'll live. It kinda reminds me of the Zen-Aku/Rouki vinyl from GaoRanger and BOY, was that thing bloated.

And MegaZeo, same here on Zen-Aku. I'm gonna try to unlock him a week early but if I can't, I'll be OK with buying him because Zen-Aku is one of my top favorite villains of PR PERIOD.
Zeltrax541 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:15 PM #1846
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So Zen-Aku's assist with the crescent slash move or whatever...like that thing just crawls across the screen super slow. I feel like it wont be that effectively unless you manage to catch your opponent up close and unaware. Otherwise, seems fine enough. He has the one strike that launches the opponent, then his first looks like it stuns and makes them airborne, so if you basically land the first hit you're gold for getting the entire attack if feels like, which kinda sucks. And he's got a super move like RJ which doesn't surprise me. It is amusing they put out the wolf ranger and wolf villain. If they drop Merrick before the year is done, or even just next month, I'd laugh.
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:20 PM #1847
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

It's like Snide's Vortex Slash. If you time it well with a follow-up, it's a great trap.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 05:14 PM #1848
> MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

Doing the solo raid right now, and I am finding it very enjoyable.
MandoloreShepard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:55 PM #1849
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

MandoloreShepard wrote: View Post

Doing the solo raid right now, and I am finding it very enjoyable.
Amen to that. I'm having a lot of fun with the fights. This was actually a pretty good idea from Nway.
Zeltrax541 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 01:00 AM #1850
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Raids are funny. only shitty part is you need to use your orbs and essences on characters to make them decent
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:06 PM #1851
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541 wrote: View Post

YEAH, I noticed that too. Zen-Aku's not supposed to be that chunky, but I'll live. It kinda reminds me of the Zen-Aku/Rouki vinyl from GaoRanger and BOY, was that thing bloated.
So its not just me then, good to know. Still, weird proportions aside, I think he's a good addition to this game. The people that like Wild Force say that he's one of the best parts of that season, and the predazord is his zord so it makes sense for him to be here. I still want my Ninja Storm tho

Raids seem meh honestly. The shortened battle time really prevents you from doing too much, which I really don't like.
Old December 7th, 2018, 05:57 PM #1852
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Yeah, so I don't think the raids are bad but quickly get to be tedious. Mind sure, there's the 'win a pvp match' mission that resets every minute after completion, to generate energy which is fine but sadly I just don't have that kinda time to sit and keep playing to generate much energy. I just got to Jack(aka Hyperforce Yellow), but since all the bonuses are for villains and mine are used up, I was doing crap damage even with characters I play with and thus are beefed up. It's not bad or anything, just tedious. Also part of me was bummed to find that we're basically just fighting the training sim AI. Like occasionally it'll feel a little better, but that's rare. Even then doing the difficult matches...yeah no thanks. I went against Preston on a whim and damn he wailed on me hard and I did like nothing. Just isn't worth the time really. The AI didn't seem any different, it all is just the degree of tediousness. I mean sure, "less tedious" means more battles, but they're usually a little easier to get through at least. I know I definitely wont hit the end, but oh well.

On another note, looking at the deals there's a box for Slayer assist that totally unlocks it for only .99. I was shocked, I think I might take that one for such a deal.
Old December 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM #1853
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

The Raids do have problems, but I do like the shards you get from these. And I'm using different combinations of characters I never considered before. Although Ultra DT Tommy God-Mode++ is a drag.

Also, finally hit Player Level 13. W00t-w00t!
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2018, 02:34 AM #1854
> HipHopKidoChamp
Power Ranger

HipHopKidoChamp
Power Ranger

I enjoyed the raid but the energy ran out very quickly limiting my ability to progress.

The alliance one was alright but participation in my alliance was low. I did like all of the boxes from earning energy. I wound up with enough shards I needed to make it worthwhile although a few parts were just grinding.
HipHopKidoChamp is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM #1855
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Sharing what I posted on reddit earlier, here are some weird/fun things I noticed from Nway's new balance notes:

For starters, Nway is NOT just bumping everyone's damage across the board. A lot of characters are having their damage reduced.

Trent has the highest damage multiplier, with his Drago Assault getting a whopping 9.3x damage boost.

Snide's Vortex Slash looks like it is now the strongest attack in the game at 9000 damage. It looks like that's for both hits too.

MMPR Jason seems a lot weaker now with his heavy hitter Rising Power Slash, which used to be the gold standard of strong attacks back in the day, only doing 5700 damage. Most of the other characters "strong" attacks seem to be doing around 6000. To put this in perspective: Movie Jason and TV Billy now have stronger attacks than MMPR Jason's strongest attack.

Don't know what they mean by the "first" hit of Drakkon's Thunder Slash being faster, as the attack only has one hit.

Preston's stealthy switch works differently now, with strikes now turning into breakers.

Psycho Red's energy stealing ability on his Psycho Storm is wild haha.

Mad Dash is now Psycho Red's weakest attack by far, doing less than a third of what his second weakest attack does.

RJ's Wolf Beam is the weakest attack in the game, even after getting a 3x boost

Green V2 got a big nerf. His Challenger Kick used to do about the same damage as his strike combo, but now it does less than a third of his strike combo's damage.

White Tommy's Feinting Rush is now his strongest attack.

White Tommy's assist actually seems usable now because the first hit sweeps.

Trakeena's strongest attack, Bug Out, is now her weakest attack.

Movie Zack and Kim assist are dead.

If you want to read the notes just go on Nway's twitter or look up their official website.

Tags
beetle blaster badass, chicken ranger, legacy wars, samurai beetle = ouch