Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2018, 10:04 PM #541
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,165
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,165



So, I just got the Super Minipla Ninja Megazord. Are there any fixes that need to be done to it like with the Shogun Megazord?
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:58 PM #542
SeigiRed's Avatar
> SeigiRed
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
SeigiRed
Power Ranger
SeigiRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 72



None, it's perfect.
SeigiRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2018, 07:11 PM #543
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



Activator wrote: View Post

So, I just got the Super Minipla Ninja Megazord. Are there any fixes that need to be done to it like with the Shogun Megazord?
waif what fixes?
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2018, 07:25 PM #544
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,897
32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,897
32 eBay



If you go back and read previous pages thereís outlines on what needs to be fixed and how.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:55 AM #545
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



so this is some of my displays for my miniplas





Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:22 AM #546
Zeddykins's Avatar
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32
Zeddykins
FACEPALM
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32



Goddamn those are beautiful. And you bought 3 Daizyujinís and 2 of everything else? Thatís impressive, but my wallet weeps for you.

I barely finished putting together my Dragon Caesar and Tsubasamaru, but I still need to weather them to get the look and finish that I want (pics to follow...) and then I still have to assemble my Daizyujin and Muteki Shogun. Iím not looking forward to painting those weapons...
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:46 PM #547
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



The trick is to paint them using gundam marker instead of using enamel paints, and yeah, i'm really hungry for several days after the buyouts.

edit:

especially after this big boi.... i need more of him

Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:34 PM #548
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,165
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,165



Zeddykins wrote: View Post

Goddamn those are beautiful. And you bought 3 Daizyujinís and 2 of everything else? Thatís impressive, but my wallet weeps for you.

I barely finished putting together my Dragon Caesar and Tsubasamaru, but I still need to weather them to get the look and finish that I want (pics to follow...) and then I still have to assemble my Daizyujin and Muteki Shogun. Iím not looking forward to painting those weapons...
Looks like 2 Minipla Daizyujins and an SRC (Super Robot Chogokin) one. I'm surprised they're so close in size though. Unless I'm wrong and there's other pics where a third is pictured.

Utomowatch wrote: View Post

The trick is to paint them using gundam marker instead of using enamel paints, and yeah, i'm really hungry for several days after the buyouts.

edit:

especially after this big boi.... i need more of him

https://scontent.fsub8-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c9&oe=5CAA4DB6
Ugh, I NEED one of those. The price got way too high for me though. It costs half as much as the chogokin and just...wow.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 10:44 PM #549
Zeddykins's Avatar
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32
Zeddykins
FACEPALM
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32



Ah, good eye. The one furthest to the left is indeed the Chogokin version. Upon further inspection, you can tell by looking at the chests on each one.
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2018, 04:20 AM #550
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



yes. the left is SRC but i do have the third and fourth set for these formation:



and another Dragonzord for this:

Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2018, 05:25 AM #551
TZKBTJ's Avatar
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,159
TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!
TZKBTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,159



Goddamn, that is a really cool display, Utomowatch.
TZKBTJ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 19th, 2018, 06:50 PM #552
Zeddykins's Avatar
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32
Zeddykins
FACEPALM
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,179
32



A fourth one? Where are you working so I might apply and afford to buy multiples?
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 19th, 2018, 07:36 PM #553
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



Zeddykins wrote: View Post

A fourth one? Where are you working so I might apply and afford to buy multiples?
Well the trick is to live in a third country near japan, or maybe in guam, and get a decent job around 15000-25000 a year, and buy a shitlot of it when they got released so it still cheap, also fasting until you got your pay on friday.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2018, 01:52 PM #554
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,514
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,514



Is it possible to get a replacement piece/sticker from Bandai JP? I broke a peg on my Gridman God Tank while assembling it. Tried superglue and Tamiya Extra Thin cement. Both didnít hold. I then pushed a pushpin through the peg. It holds better, but it comes off easily when separating God Tank to combine with Gridman. Replacement piece seems to be my only option.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2018, 08:55 PM #555
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Is it possible to get a replacement piece/sticker from Bandai JP? I broke a peg on my Gridman God Tank while assembling it. Tried superglue and Tamiya Extra Thin cement. Both didnít hold. I then pushed a pushpin through the peg. It holds better, but it comes off easily when separating God Tank to combine with Gridman. Replacement piece seems to be my only option.
I don't think they'll do replacement parts. But about the stickers, bd15 did a custom sticker one if you ask, and a replacement part, what i did is making a copy using a mold and epoxy putty
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 09:26 AM #556
RedRanger87's Avatar
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,514
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35
RedRanger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,514



Utomowatch wrote: View Post

I don't think they'll do replacement parts. But about the stickers, bd15 did a custom sticker one if you ask, and a replacement part, what i did is making a copy using a mold and epoxy putty
Thank you for the suggestion! After doing some research, BoJ does offer replacement parts...if you live in Japan or didnít use an import site and bought locally. Iím attempting one avenue to try and get them (basically asking someone who bought locally). Weíll see if it pans out. Crossing my fingers. If it doesnít work, then Iíll see if I can try the mold/epoxy putty method.

Here are some photos to show exactly what I did and where the breakage is.







EDIT: And now I broke the pegs to hold the needlenose for Kajiki Origami/Swordfish Zord. Those parts werenít sliding on all the way and so I tried swinging them back and forth as I pushed down. Then they broke. So I ran to eBay to buy another Kajiki Origami Minipla set. Wonderful.

Last edited by RedRanger87; December 29th, 2018 at 07:17 PM.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:20 AM #557
powerpipo's Avatar
> powerpipo
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 62
powerpipo
Power Ranger
powerpipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 62



Super minipla Megaranger review on bandai staff blog here
Seems really cool (Delta is a bit bulky, but galaxymega and super galaxymega are really great)
Next release seems to be jet icarus (proto shown but no release info yet)
powerpipo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:03 AM #558
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29



powerpipo wrote: View Post

Super minipla Megaranger review on bandai staff blog here
Seems really cool (Delta is a bit bulky, but galaxymega and super galaxymega are really great)
Next release seems to be jet icarus (proto shown but no release info yet)
Bah Gawd those are beautiful, though i reliefed the next release were not thunderzords.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:32 AM #559
Infinitevirtue's Avatar
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,214
Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger
Infinitevirtue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,214



powerpipo wrote: View Post

Super minipla Megaranger review on bandai staff blog here
Seems really cool (Delta is a bit bulky, but galaxymega and super galaxymega are really great)
Next release seems to be jet icarus (proto shown but no release info yet)
Hmm, starting to think I should have pre-ordered this set when it was still available. lol. They both turned out better than I was expecting!

Also, HLJ is having their weekly sale and some minipla are on sale:

Super Minipla Muteki Shogun for 4675 yen: https://hlj.com/super-mini-pla-ninja...5pcs-bann25092

Minipla Lupinkaiser box of 12 for 2100 yen: https://hlj.com/mini-pla-vs-vehicle-...2pcs-bann22334

Super Minipla Choryujin for 2520 yen: https://hlj.com/super-minipla-gao-ga...2pcs-bann19023
Infinitevirtue is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:47 AM #560
JaimeZeo's Avatar
> JaimeZeo
K, then.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,117
JaimeZeo
K, then.
JaimeZeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,117



JET ICARUS IS NEXT!!!

Oh sweet glorious day!
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.