RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:41 PM   #5981
Ranger4612
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

That does make sense but is it working? The one super walmart near me that actually carries the figures has 1 single ashley. Nothing else. The closest target has 1 tori, and some of the others have none. Why arent they getting more figures in? I see on fb that target did recieve newer waves.
I can't verify this, since I don't work there, but I noticed something yesterday while checking Brickseek for restocks. I think Target may have dropped their floor cap numbers on the Legacy figures. The reason I say this, is because a bunch of stores that showed limited stock flipped over to in stock, which is supposed to mean a higher inventory count. However, when I visited one of the stores, they still only had 1 on the floor, and when I asked an employee he said inventory showed 2 on the floor, none in the back, and none on the way. He said he'd look into it for me and to check back in a week, so we'll see if that gets a restock or not, but if they dropped the floor caps, that could make it that much harder to get a new case ordered. On the other hand, another store that shows limited stock definitely had 3 or more figures on the floor, so I'm really not sure.

Obviously this is all speculation, but if there are any Target employees in here, can any of you verify whether or not this happened?
Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:40 PM   #5982
TheDub
Power Ranger

Ive heard from a lot of people that brickseek is unreliable. They stopped showing inventory counts. Whats worse the price checkers in stores have stopped saying if there are more in stockroom. Very lame. If i didnt work at walgreens i wouldnt have the metallics and the current wave. People shouldnt have to work at retail to get these figures. I want to say thats a good thing because they are getting swallowed up, but i can watch the sales for my district and these figures arent moving.

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Like I said I think stores are under the impression these figures aren't selling because the girls have been sitting on the shelf so long so they are still hesitant to order more. They are slowly restocking now though so these new figures coming out need to sell really well so we can get more.
I can only hope.

Last edited by TheDub; January 23rd, 2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:24 PM   #5983
Havoc0213
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

Ive heard from a lot of people that brickseek is unreliable....
Brickseek should have never been taken as a reliable source, to begin with. It's more of a tool to get an idea of what a store may or may not have rather than a guarantee of what you're looking for.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:47 PM   #5984
Jominicano
MMPR-BEST,IN SPACE-MY FAV

eBay
We Need Legacy Toy Line Pt. V Thread Now!

Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:48 PM   #5985
TheDub
Power Ranger

Havoc0213 wrote: View Post

Brickseek should have never been taken as a reliable source, to begin with. It's more of a tool to get an idea of what a store may or may not have rather than a guarantee of what you're looking for.
To be fair brickseek says that exact same thing when you enter their site. Lol.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:48 PM   #5986
DrGreenEvil
The Good Doctor

Tonight at walmart, I saw that the store had a good stock of the new releases of the auto-morphins.
I want to get these. Getting rid of the originals is one of my biggest action figure regerts.
But $20 is too steep for them. I was willing to pay $15, but above that is ludicrous.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:24 PM   #5987
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
It would be cool if they released all six in one box set like they did with the Zeo ones back in the day.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:24 PM   #5988
mmprfan09
One In A Million

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

It would be cool if they released all six in one box set like they did with the Zeo ones back in the day.
That would also help with the girl legacy figures. Make them exclusive to 6 pack teams only. Still Sell the boys individually like they are now.

GoldBlade6 wrote: View Post

Haha, seriously. Hasbro is rocking out right now with Marvel and Star Wars. Its character choice and execution are easily satisfying the majority of fans/collectors. They not only give fans the characters they want, but they do a nearly flawless job at it - and for an incredible value, when compared to what Bandai offers. I mean, $20.49 - $22.something for these Legacy figures which share so much reuse? Give me a break. The PR license can't be that expensive. They need a new team working on PR and they might need to find some new factories, too.
And they give you swappable heads, weapons, AND baf.

Bandai is looking terrible.

Last edited by mmprfan09; January 23rd, 2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:26 PM   #5989
a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

That would also help with the girl legacy figures. Make them exclusive to 6 pack teams only. Still Sell the boys individually like they are now.

Yeah it’s also sad that Imaginext is doing better than BA is right now.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:33 PM   #5990
Oceanblue
Power Ranger

I personally don't care about the metallic figures (I don't need weapons, nor do I need even MORE MMPR figures), but I'm frustrated because I can't seem to find the Zeo figures (mostly Adam) anywhere.

Is this an issue with the stores not really ordering the products?
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:03 AM   #5991
CryloBen
Uuza Douza Uru Zanga

eBay

Haha, seriously. Hasbro is rocking out right now with Marvel and Star Wars. Its character choice and execution are easily satisfying the majority of fans/collectors. They not only give fans the characters they want, but they do a nearly flawless job at it - and for an incredible value, when compared to what Bandai offers. I mean, $20.49 - $22.something for these Legacy figures which share so much reuse? Give me a break. The PR license can't be that expensive. They need a new team working on PR and they might need to find some new factories, too.
Not even just that; but look at the Dragon Stars line BoA is churning out. The first wave was kind of meh, as far as faces on Goku and Getes (and really it was just 4 character with 2 Gokus, 2 Getes, a Freeza, and a Beerus). But they also have a BAF, and they have accessories (mostly hands, but still).
And even with the Zamasu BAF, Goku comes with a chest arm, and a swapable hand for that BAF arm.
They improved the faces, and the paint is pretty on point for all these figures, like I don't get whats going on with PR 6 waves in and we're still having trouble. TWO waves into DBS and they fixed the main issues of the first wave as far as I know.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:01 AM   #5992
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Kind of interesting... I don't collect Star Wars action figures, but I am a big fan of the movies/books/shows and listen to a lot of podcasts and I've heard SW fans complaining about the quality of the figures (Black Series in particular) and saying that Hasbro was having trouble moving them.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:04 AM   #5993
lordregnis
Power Ranger

eBay
mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

And the amount of apologizing in the community is hilarious. Oh you have to look at it from a business stand point. No I don't, we are consumers. When I see a marvel legends figure that is vastly superior at the same price point, I'm going to buy that. Dark phoenix two pack came with two beautifully painted figures of extremely popular characters, an accessory and three headsculpts to make up for the previous phoenix figures head. You would never catch bandai doing that, ever.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:07 AM   #5994
CryloBen
Uuza Douza Uru Zanga

eBay
cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Kind of interesting... I don't collect Star Wars action figures, but I am a big fan of the movies/books/shows and listen to a lot of podcasts and I've heard SW fans complaining about the quality of the figures (Black Series in particular) and saying that Hasbro was having trouble moving them.
It's really just the human faces; BUT they are doing face printing now, so the problem is gone.
Closed Thread