Menu

Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM #2561
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

There was lore?

All I remember was "We made robots based on the power of the dinosaurs. Here's how they nebulously relate to your human personalities."
The DNA concept tied into the Mercer story, the Zeltrax story, it gave reason for Tommy's inclusion other than arbitrary "he's legendary" shit. It was built on further with the civie powers, the Raptor Riders, Fossilador, Tyrannodrones, the genetic studies tied into Tommy's accelerated education, and it was the foundation for White Ranger cloning.

The entire season is propped up on this new element, the dinosaur thing was superficial.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM #2562
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

big smile wrote: View Post

Given the story they wrote for DT, I am glad they didn't link it to the MMPR powers, as it wouldn't have fit at all.
Zeltrax is totally Jason.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM #2563
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Smitty WerbenJagerManJason

What number Ranger is he?
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM #2564
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Smitty WerbenJagerManJason
He was my favorite mod. He avoids everyone now for some reason.
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM #2565
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

PR Ninja Steel Specials ! "Grave Robber","Past, Presents, And Future","Monster Mix-Up" and "The Poisy Show".

A Halloween board game leads the Ninja Steel Rangers into Cosmo Royale’s trap where they must confront monsters they have already beaten.

When Cleocatra freezes the Power Rangers in revenge for defeating Cat O'Clock, Sarah and Santa Claus must travel through time to save the day.

The Rangers are ambushed by Versix and monsters who switch bodies with them on Halloween.

The Rangers look to celebrate Christmas, but find their holiday cheer interrupted by Sledge. Preston reunites with Koda to put an end of Sledge and his crew.

The Specials in Ninja Steel were curious and i liked to see Cosmo Royal plan which he all Sarah trave lthrow time since with her actions she change the futurre battle during the past, but it was a curious plot and for the develoment of the Christmas special, and see the returns of Sledge since the Premiere of the NinjA "Super" Steel and Sledge battle the both Bue Rangers is kind of Team-up between Dino Charge and Ninja Steel, and we finally had a destruction of Sledge,Poisandra and Wreck for good, and the Galaxy Warrior ship destroyed for good, and it was a good of way of Neo Saban end there chapter with Power Rangers because destroyed Sledge was good, and really help for the demise of the all Villans in Neo Era Saban, and them now with Hasbro Own Power Rangers. I suppose i go re-watching the MMPR seasons since Jason is going to enter in Beast Morpher.

Last edited by Akumaru; Yesterday at 12:52 PM.
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 AM #2566
> VarHyid
Power Ranger

VarHyid
Power Ranger

Which Power Rangers seasons were shot in HD?

I'm trying to buy every season of the show. Up until (and incl.) "RMP", I had to resort to DVDs as it's the only option. I was happy to see that starting with "Samurai" the show was available on Blu-ray... only to realize that only 4 seasons are on Blu-ray (Samurai, Super Samurai, Megaforce, Super Megaforce) and then we're back to DVD again.

I contacted the German company who released those 4 seasons on BD, but they said they currently don't have plans to release the next seasons although this could change in the future.

That said, this made me wonder, does anyone know which seasons were actually shot in HD? I mean, did they start filming in HD even before "Samurai" and simply no one bothered to release these seasons on Blu-ray or maybe they stopped filming in HD after Super Megaforce (which would be weird)? Is the material they use from the Japanese series not available in HD? Does anyone know?

Last edited by VarHyid; Today at 12:26 PM.
VarHyid is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 AM #2567
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

I thought it started with overdrive, but the safest answer would be it started with Samurai, right?
Silver_Tiger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:01 AM #2568
> HurricaneGold
Austria's Only PR Fan

HurricaneGold
Austria's Only PR Fan

Super Sentai started to air in HD (or at least 16:9 as far as I know) with Boukenger (Operation Overdrive). The first PR Season to air/film in HD was Samurai.
So there's really no way to make real Blu-Rays from previous seasons of PR outside of upscaling which is what the German company (JustBridge) has done with MMPR, but that had a lot of issues, so they have to correct a lot of errors, before they can ship them out again. Also I don't think JustBridge will do this for any other season.
HurricaneGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Today, 06:24 AM #2569
> ViRGE
Christmas Cartel Enforcer

ViRGE

Every season of PR starting with Samurai is in HD. Unfortunately, as you've also found out, Blu-ray releases for most recent seasons aren't a thing. In the era of streaming, no one seems to want the show in HD on a disc.

The good news, at least, is that the streaming services, iTunes, etc, have everything in HD. So it's out there, even if it's not on a disc.

Long answer on what was shot on HD

Super Sentai went to HD a few years before PR did. Boukenger (what PROO was adapted from) was the first series shot in HD. That was actually shot on film, and the production pipeline was similar to the SD seasons (lots of optical compositing and the like). Gekiranger and Go-Onger were also shot this way.

Starting with Shinkenger (Samurai), Toei switched to a completely digital production chain, using what are reportedly RED cameras. So while the resolution of the show didn't change, the overall image quality did. The colors got a lot more vibrant (Samurai/Shinkenger was a beautiful series), and some of the special effects got a lot better as they started doing them digitally.

Note that it was also at this time that PR went HD, and they also went with digital cameras. Which is why Sentai/PR footage meshes better in terms of color vibrance than before.

(And now I'm sad that we still don't have a Shout Factory Boukenger BD release )

Last edited by ViRGE; Today at 06:53 AM.
ViRGE is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 07:25 AM #2570
> VarHyid
Power Ranger

VarHyid
Power Ranger

Thanks a lot for the info

ViRGE wrote: View Post

The good news, at least, is that the streaming services, iTunes, etc, have everything in HD. So it's out there, even if it's not on a disc.
Indeed. The issue with those services is that they're often region-locked. I can't see any PR season on iTunes because it's not available in my country so technically there's no way for me to legally obtain the HD versions of anything after Super Megaforce

It's so weird, the internet is worldwide, yet the access to digital content is more divided than access to physical media. Can I order and ship a disc across the globe using fuel-hungry planes and truck? Yes, no problem. Can I press a button to download it? Oh no, I'm not in the right country. Crazy.
Old Today, 07:34 AM #2571
> ViRGE

ViRGE

VarHyid wrote: View Post

Thanks a lot for the info

Indeed. The issue with those services is that they're often region-locked. I can't see any PR season on iTunes because it's not available in my country so technically there's no way for me to legally obtain the HD versions of anything after Super Megaforce
You can actually change your country in iTunes pretty easily, for what it's worth.
Old Today, 07:39 AM #2572
> VarHyid
Power Ranger

VarHyid
Power Ranger

That's correct, but in order to actually buy something from a foreign iTunes store, I need a card issued to someone with an address in that country.

Last edited by VarHyid; Today at 12:27 PM.
Old Today, 04:11 PM #2573
> ViRGE

ViRGE

VarHyid wrote: View Post

That's correct, but in order to actually buy something from a foreign iTunes store, I need a card issued to someone with an address in that country.
If you're really desperate, look into iTunes gift card resellers. There are sites that will sell you the codes off of cards for only a slight markup. You wouldn't need a US credit card this way.
Old Today, 05:44 PM #2574
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I've been rewatching MMPR for no real reason, and I'm about at the end of Season 1.

Say what you want about this season, but I will never get tired of the unmorphed fights. Between the action and the music, there's always so much energy in them.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:00 PM #2575
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

I've been rewatching MMPR for no real reason, and I'm about at the end of Season 1.

Say what you want about this season, but I will never get tired of the unmorphed fights. Between the action and the music, there's always so much energy in them.
the music sells the fights A LOT. I can't imagine MMPR without it's sound track
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 PM #2576
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Wasserman's score helps sell a lot of those scenes. Even if you don't know the score is episode specific, your brain realizes. It helped tie the whole show together, especially during the first 100 episodes.

It was one of the most consistent and consistently good elements in PR.
Old Today, 06:38 PM #2577
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

the music sells the fights A LOT. I can't imagine MMPR without it's sound track
It's very interesting how fights earlier in the season just don't feel the same without the songs.

The shooting style changes too, thankfully. The very first Putty battles suffered from slow-mo and close-ups and repeating frames to the point where they were a hindrance to the episode.
Old Today, 07:12 PM #2578
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

So question, with the advent of the Multiverse actively being acknowledged in Ninja Steel and Beast Morphers, does that canonize all of Super Sentai as well?
Tigran is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 PM #2579
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Tigran wrote: View Post

So question, with the advent of the Multiverse actively being acknowledged in Ninja Steel and Beast Morphers, does that canonize all of Super Sentai as well?
Not yet.

Tags
dumps like a truck, thong talk, trending thrax thong