Home Menu

Menu

Old January 8th, 2016, 09:42 PM #181
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger episode 17

The New threat has finally been unveiled in the form of the Yuumajuu. A group of beast obsessed with destruction & pollution consisting of Kinggon (A Sasquatch with a rather repetitive speach pattern), Makuin (Octoru's inbread brother).....& Bladerun (um....wut?). They apparently have had a run in with Guardian Angel's before & sure enough we our introduced to their enemy & our 6th for this season: GoseiKnight. I actually liked GoseiKnight's introduction in that he's probably the first 6th I've seen to actually have a difficult time fighting against the monster for their introduction rather than being completely overpowered. Though he still falls in the same "6th doesn't want to be a team-player just yet" like so many before & after him. Still looking forward to where this arc goes & why the hell Bladerun is still alive (I know why).
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 06:39 AM #182
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

DJ1107 wrote: View Post

Kinggon (A Sasquatch with a rather repetitive speach pattern)
Great, suddenly I just had a flash of Kinggon piloting Balzion.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 07:28 AM #183
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

I'm sorry if this is against the rules (self-advertising or whatever) but for those people who just click the most recent page, at the bottom of the last page I put the next batch of episodes I've subbed for Battle Fever J.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 09:57 PM #184
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger ep 18-19

Here is where some history on GoseiKnight is uncovered. He was a Headder 10,000 years ago that got frozen in the ice & thanks to the will of the Earth he was able to evolve into a more humanoid form. His only problem is that he has a 1 track mind & wishes to protect the Earth.....But only the Earth since he's one of those "Humanity is bad" harpers (Granted this is a season where humanity is fine so if he woke up the year before, 2006, 2003, or 1987 I'd probably see his problem). So the Goseiger try to show him that he can't just blow up powerplants & ignore humans in peril & it seems to be working but he's still not quite ready to join the Goseiger & crash on Shuchirou couch. We also get to see his Mecha GoseiGround which is pretty cool but needs a better finisher.

Ep 20-22

Not much happened in 20 & 21. The former is a rather uninteresting plot of the Goseiger trying to help a highschooler gain confidence in asking out the Future ToQ3gou (no seriously that the same actress) & the latter was an admittedly cute focus episode for Eri & her learning how to cook. 22 gains some plot progression though in that GoseiKnight is growing more accepting to the Goseiger & that they were able to gain a new miracle in the form of Ground Gosei Great. I originally hated the combination but it's slowly grown on my since.

Tensou Sentai Goseiger Epic on the Movie.

Weird title. Anyway we're on a movie again & the formula for Sentai movies has taken hold again: Red gets center focus in helping a girl find a macguffin before movie villain gets a hold of it. While there are some pacing issues & GoseiKnight being benched is a different level of WTF (yeah I know 6th's are rarely used in movie due to just debuting but even then previous ones were handled far better than poor GK) I kinda enjoyed this movie quite abit. I like that the movie villains were leftovers of Warstar (found it abit hillarious that Bladerun decides to ditch Yuumajuu for abit just to help these losers out), The action while short was great, & GoseiWonder was pretty neat. Overall not bad still doesn't hold a candle to my favorite Sentai movie (Magiranger believe it or not) but still enjoyable.

Last edited by DJ1107; January 9th, 2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old January 10th, 2016, 07:48 AM #185
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

still doesn't hold a candle to my favorite Sentai movie (Magiranger believe it or not) but still enjoyable.
I believe you.

The Magi one is one of my favorites. It had a nice story, that nicely fits what was going on in the show while also using the better budget to expand the series mythos.

Also, it had one of the best morphs + roll call scenes in the franchise. It's only behind Deka's which was the best one IMHO

Speaking of this, Dekaranger's movie morph + roll call was the best of all. No wonder even SPD somewhat adaptate it during the finale. Shame that didn't help that season's case IMHO
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 11:29 AM #186
> Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

I just finished up episode 14 of Kakuranger, and I think I'm finally actually starting to get into it. I'm assuming the appearance of the 'Junior' guy is the start of a bigger plot so I'm starting to look forward to that.

I'm still not sure where I stand with the team though, there's no particular one that stands out to me besides maybe Jiraiya, but that may just be the novelty of having someone who speaks English. (And I keep forgetting that Seikai is yellow and not blue, because I'm apparently that person that needs to have the rangers color-coded to remember their colors )

The narrator still grates on my nerves a bit, but overall I'm glad that I'm finally getting into it since I've always heard good things about Kakuranger.
Faiz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 01:13 PM #187
> ⚡Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay
Taichi
Hero or Zero....

32 eBay

You're coming up to some good stuff... I'm at episode 32 right now and holy cow... there's some twists coming up, the story starts shifting and a couple of surprises.

The only thing? WTF is Sasuke wearing!? It hard for a man to pull off jean shorts, much less them cut into a "loin/skirt"... thing.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 02:05 PM #188
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger ep 23-24

Nothing good happened in 23 but 24 see's the Goseiger obtain their Super Modes in the form of the Miracle Gosei Header. The Super Modes themselves are pretty gorgeous to look at.
Old January 10th, 2016, 02:45 PM #189
> TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

TimeCrimson

This Goseiger talk has got me reminding me of my Childhood lol.

To all people who have watched Dekaranger, what did you think of it? It's definitely my next sentai, and it looks pretty good.
TimeCrimson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 02:50 PM #190
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

timecrimson wrote: View Post

To all people who have watched Dekaranger, what did you think of it? It's definitely my next sentai, and it looks pretty good.
Pretty average I thought. Nothing special.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:00 PM #191
> Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

Dekaranger is one of my favorite sentais, but I have a bit of a bias because I really loved SPD.

One of the things that tends to turn people off of it is that Ban can be...screamy. But if you can get past that then I think you'll enjoy it, it has some really amazing episodes.
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:02 PM #192
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Honestly compared to the last few reds, Ban is calm as nails, a phrase I've just invented.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:07 PM #193
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

Faiz wrote: View Post

Dekaranger is one of my favorite sentais, but I have a bit of a bias because I really loved SPD.

One of the things that tends to turn people off of it is that Ban can be...screamy. But if you can get past that then I think you'll enjoy it, it has some really amazing episodes.
I also love SPD, I grew up with it and have fond memories of it, so hopefully Deka can be as good.

And I feel some people like to hype up reds like that. Before I watched Carranger, I've read people saying Kyosuke is a huge idiot and was way too over the top for the 90's. After seeing it, he's actually not even over the top, well obviously sometimes, but he was pretty tame, and he's one of my favorite reds. Maybe Ban isn't as bad as people make him seem.

Carranger is my favorite sentai anyway so I recommend it to everyone here.
TimeCrimson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:07 PM #194
> barnardos
Power Ranger

barnardos
Power Ranger

Dekaranger is one of my favourite Sentai, and the only episodic series to make it into my top 5 (I generally prefer the series where a plot unfolds at a steady pace over the course of the season). It works though, because it's set up as a police force, so you expect them to have to deal with crimes committed by unassociated characters on a regular basis. Most other episodic series set it up as an epic between two opposing sides, and then have the two sides do pretty much nothing until the final battle. Good characters too...Ban was the one I found annoying at the beginning, and Hoji started off a bit bland but both of them grew on me as the series progressed.
barnardos is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:10 PM #195
> Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

Faiz
In Glorious Technicolor

I also love SPD, I grew up with it and have fond memories of it, so hopefully Deka can be as good.

And I feel some people like to hype up reds like that. Before I watched Carranger, I've read people saying Kyosuke is a huge idiot and was way too over the top for the 90's. After seeing it, he's actually not even over the top, well obviously sometimes, but he was pretty tame, and he's one of my favorite reds. Maybe Ban isn't as bad as people make him seem.

Carranger is my favorite sentai anyway so I recommend it to everyone here.
I'm glad to see someone else who grew up on SPD

Yeah, I personally never found Ban annoying, it wasn't until I really started going on forums or looked at things on Tumblr and saw that people stopped watching the series purely because of his loudness. I mean looking back I can see how it annoyed some people, but I was never bothered.
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:08 PM #196
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger 25-27

A good amount of filler episodes that generally help give the other Goseiger's some character. Yeah sorry to say that but honestly it's true outside of Alata, Hyde & GoseiKnight I can barely remember anything stable from the other 3 in terms of characters. Their is an underlying plot going on with the Yuumajuu during these episodes. The Yuumajuu are sick of Burederon's failures & being a petty bastard, has decided to manipulate events so that the 2 will kill each other.
Old January 11th, 2016, 09:08 PM #197
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Goseiger 25-27

A good amount of filler episodes that generally help give the other Goseiger's some character. Yeah sorry to say that but honestly it's true outside of Alata, Hyde & GoseiKnight I can barely remember anything stable from the other 3 in terms of characters. Their is an underlying plot going on with the Yuumajuu during these episodes. The Yuumajuu are sick of Burederon's failures & being a petty bastard, has decided to manipulate events so that the 2 will kill each other.
Trust me, it's not just because he's a petty bastard.

I actually just finished up all of Goseiger today. Well...
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:13 PM #198
> Hung Lo
Banned

Hung Lo
Banned

To all people who have watched Dekaranger, what did you think of it?
it's pretty good, ban being loud is a non issue. if you can take jan's (gekiranger) personality, you can live with ban.
Hung Lo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:41 PM #199
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger ep 28-29

Buredoron's plans for revenge continues.....& ends after it's revealed that the Yuumajuu duo apparently knew of his double-cross & have no use for him any more now that he revealed his true colors & discovered how to grow monsters without him. Buredoron of the Comet/Chupecabra finally meets his end at the hands of the Goseiger......Oh & 28 also gave the Professor some focus.
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:20 AM #200
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Hung Lo wrote: View Post

it's pretty good, ban being loud is a non issue. if you can take jan's (gekiranger) personality, you can live with ban.
Ban is far more annoying than Jan, though. Jan is childlike and damn near feral by design... Ban is just an infuriating little prick. If I'd been Houji I'd have asked for a transfer after the little tit dropkicked me.

Dekaranger 10 Years After, though, manages to completely redeem Ban's character and make him infinitely more likable.
JaimeZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai