Old September 11th, 2018, 09:31 PM #1501
> ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay
ShyRanger
Morphinominal

eBay

AFPR-DragonRanger wrote: View Post

The website never listed him as part of the panel. And unlike Greg from SPD, he's listed under Production instead of the WF section of the Guests page.

Additionally, it was the first panel on Saturday and those of us who waited in line to get in "at 10" missed the introductions.
You were at PMC? Those of us from AFPR still around in the fandom oughta do some sort of meetup in 2020. I still miss those long nights in the newsgroup...
ShyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 02:25 AM #1502
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

Based on what Andros listed down, he received more than I was able to get at the con--
I mean, I didn't get the con coin, I didn't get the red bag...
and I didn't get autographed prints--not counting the ninja steel cast's. (although, this one's on me.)
blurredlights is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 03:15 AM #1503
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

ShyRanger wrote: View Post

Couple thoughts watching panels I didn't go to:

As much as Megaforce sucked, still the best looking cast and I'm convinced they have the most fun when they're together.

Adelaide Kane has got to come back. She owned the RPM panel and had great responses at Villains too. Though that panel was also pretty awkward.

In the Pink/White/Purple Rangers panel, I love that Aly Purrott brought up RangerBoard and the photos leaked when they celebrated Brandon's birthday (which was the first time we saw what the SPD Rangers would potentially look like).

It took like 42 minutes for a fan to finally ask Amit about his PROA site and becoming a writer in the Wild Force panel. I don't think much of the room even knew who he was, just a writer/producer.

Thanks!
No probs/I've just seen a lot of hate lately so your post was well-needed. If this sort of thing is OK, I made a vlog about the con:

I mention in the vlog I also didn't attend many panels either, but I did attend a few of them/Ninja Steel's, Hasbro's, part of the Forever Reds /Because that was before the Shattered Grid live-reading and that was INCREDIBLE. I also put in as subs that I didn't know about EVERYTHING wrong that went down, but honestly like mparker88 said a few posts ago - the good far outweighed the bad for me.

Heck, I almost lost my wallet but thankfully someone brought it to the redemption desk so I could pick it up. If I had a negative about the con, that would have been it. I'm even working on a cosplay I'm making from scratch/For the most part for RangerStop next year & PMC the year after that. I'm excited than ever before now.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:10 AM #1504
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

You non-attendings are the real MVPs. I'll never understand why it costs more to have some con swag mailed to you than it does to attend the convention AND get all the same stuff!
In the long run, we're not spending as much. We're not playing for the cost of travel to get there, be it gasoline or plane tickets. We're not paying for accommodations, but, neither are those who live close to the con. We aren't paying for extra meals, especially since convention venue food prices tend to be slightly higher than off-site venues.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:00 AM #1505
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

blurredlights wrote: View Post

Based on what Andros listed down, he received more than I was able to get at the con--
I mean, I didn't get the con coin, I didn't get the red bag...
and I didn't get autographed prints--not counting the ninja steel cast's. (although, this one's on me.)
I just want to say to keep in mind that the Drakkon and the Con Coin were not included with my Red Membership. I bought those separate. Also, the 2 signatures that I got were not expected either. My original membership was to just be the Bag, 2 pins, lanyard/badge and the poster.

Last edited by Andros; September 12th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Andros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 03:52 PM #1506
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Soooo......looks like they don't even have enough Drakkons for one per person now, some people are totally getting shafted. I got one extra, waiting to see if it'll end up paying for my whole trip hahaha
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM #1507
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

Andros wrote: View Post

I just want to say to keep in mind that the Drakkon and the Con Coin were not included with my Red Membership. I bought those separate. Also, the 2 signatures that I got were not expected either. My original membership was to just be the Bag, 2 pins, lanyard/badge and the poster.
Oh. Well, then it's just the bag that I didn't get.

And reading everything that went wrong (and having experienced some of them), I'm also still very pumped for 2020. I was planning to do a civilian cosplay this year, but work got in the way. So maybe for the next Morphicon...
blurredlights is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 05:54 PM #1508
> Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Soooo......looks like they don't even have enough Drakkons for one per person now, some people are totally getting shafted. I got one extra, waiting to see if it'll end up paying for my whole trip hahaha
I wish there was more coverage out there on this story. Maybe a lot of sites/podcasts/influencers are just ignoring it to keep, or obtain, their panel/VIP for 2020?
Gold Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 06:03 PM #1509
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

Gold Ranger wrote: View Post

I wish there was more coverage out there on this story. Maybe a lot of sites/podcasts/influencers are just ignoring it to keep, or obtain, their panel/VIP for 2020?
I think it's just brushing aside by the audience in general.

Nobody really seems outraged, just "typical at this point smh".
hasbro_primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 07:29 PM #1510
> mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay
mateo360
Morphin back into action

eBay

welp, what little credit I was trying to give them just went out the window. how do you mess up not even having enough for one for each order?
mateo360 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 07:52 PM #1511
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah probably. However the funny thing is that despite what an overall disaster this years con was, by the time tickets go on sale next year no one will remember/care.
Old September 13th, 2018, 12:40 AM #1512
> Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Yeah probably. However the funny thing is that despite what an overall disaster this years con was, by the time tickets go on sale next year no one will remember/care.
Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I just hope that the criticism, the constructive and even some of the harsh (because anger tends to be a more raw emotion which reveals real feelings), is taken in to consideration for the planning of the next show. If Power Rangers continues to get specific shows with Hasbro partnership (whereas Transformers, G.I. Joe, and My Little Pony have all had their previous partnership shows absolved for HasCon) then I want to see the show prosper and grow. But there has to be oversight and, to an extent, accountability for missteps.
Gold Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 01:10 AM #1513
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

What gets me are the people who are saying, "Yeah, this is bad. But I hope nobody's blaming Scott for this, he's a great guy, it's not his fault."

Really? If it's not the fault of the guy managing, running, and who is wholly financially responsible for the event, then who is responsible? If the Facebook account is shaming people for cursing out the unpaid volunteers, then who exactly gets to be held accountable for the severe mishandling of the event?
MarzGurl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:43 AM #1514
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Yeah it's ultimately his fault. I think up until now he's been able to get away with sort of half-assing it since it was a relatively small con, but it's just grown too big now and the lack of planning and organization really showed this time.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:59 AM #1515
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Yeah it's ultimately his fault. I think up until now he's been able to get away with sort of half-assing it since it was a relatively small con, but it's just grown too big now and the lack of planning and organization really showed this time.
he's going to file for bankruptcy...just wait and see...too many things going wrong for it not to happen or put him out of business doing future cons...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:34 AM #1516
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

bearytrek wrote: View Post

he's going to file for bankruptcy...just wait and see...too many things going wrong for it not to happen or put him out of business doing future cons...
Well, somehow he's managed to still be managing the following upcoming conventions:

Pasadena Comic Con Jan 2019
Power Morphicon Express April 2019
Sac Toy Con March 2019
Robo Toy Fest June 2019
Toon Con October 2019
Japan World Heroes August 2019
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:36 AM #1517
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Eric from RCPH has been banging a drum about what a shitshow the con was for a while now, but he didn't have a panel.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:46 AM #1518
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Eric from RCPH has been banging a drum about what a shitshow the con was for a while now, but he didn't have a panel.
No promises, but I'm seeing what we can make happen over at Tokusatsu Network right now. Again, can't promise anything (I'm not a senior editor). But I'm seeing.
Old September 13th, 2018, 01:04 PM #1519
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Well Jason Bischoff listens to their podcast so maybe we'll see some serious Hasbro intervention for 2020.
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:18 AM #1520
> MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay
MarzGurl
大獣神

eBay

We got a news article up. It's pretty cut and dry, but given we're a news outlet, we can't exactly interject opinion and can only state facts. But now it's out there.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/09/...gure-shortage/

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant