Home Menu

Menu

Old May 24th, 2018, 03:11 AM #681
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

Is there anything I should know going into the season or should I just go in blind like season 1? >_>
Can go in blind. They’ll give you a recap and what not at the start to jog your memory.

From personal experience id say prepare to feel a bit bored or as if they’re wasting time a little between like episodes 12-18 ( or there abouts). I felt that this is where it really starts to feel very fillery and it lost my love and attention to Dynasty.
Picks back up after that though
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:33 AM #682
> mookie
Chosen Child

mookie
Chosen Child

I finished binge-watching season 2 last night. Overall, I liked it, but I did think it dragged a bit for a couple of episodes. I also wasn't the biggest fan of Archie's storyline, but that didn't surprise me. I like KJ Apa, but not so much his character.

I thought for sure that Uncle Claudius was going to somehow end up being his brother, not a twin. I am a big fan of Kevin, and I like Moose, so hopefully season 3 explores them a bit more. Them kissing kind of felt like they remembered last minute that they planted the seed for it was back at the beginning of the season, with the hospital scene. I just hope Kevin gets an actual storyline in S3.

I think that Chic will be back. When Betty was confronting Hal about the murders, she left his name out - which is interesting considering most of the lead up to that was her considering herself a murderer for giving up his name. And then she didn't ask for confirmation? Okay, Betty.

From the way I was watching the scene about the Tall Boy revelation, it made it seem like the sheriff was the one in the Hood at Archie's House - and they just pinned it on Tall Boy. And Archie was gullible enough to fall for it. (I mean, they confronted him and it ended in a shoot-out, with TB dead? I understand the no witnesses/squealers piece like Archie thought, but also still believe it was the sheriff.)
mookie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 01:40 PM #683
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

toejammer wrote: View Post

I felt that this is where it really starts to feel very fillery and it lost my love and attention to Dynasty.
It's weird how good Dynasty is, isn't it?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:45 PM #684
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

It's weird how good Dynasty is, isn't it?
Oooh its crazy good. didnt expect myself to get so emotionally attatched and annoyed at having to wait a week to see where the cliffhanger of the previous episode takes us. Got even more annoyed when they moved it from wednesday to friday

One twist after another . Glad it got a season 2
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:49 PM #685
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Oooh its crazy good. didnt expect myself to get so emotionally attatched and annoyed at having to wait a week to see where the cliffhanger of the previous episode takes us. Got even more annoyed when they moved it from wednesday to friday

One twist after another . Glad it got a season 2
So am I, even though I lost interest. Not even Elizabeth Gillies could keep me watching.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:42 PM #686
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

So am I, even though I lost interest. Not even Elizabeth Gillies could keep me watching.
Shes the main reason i started watching to be honest. I remembered her from victorious.

As for riverdale though, i hope they find their footing and core storyline early on. Obviously the start will involve archie being arrested but i want it to be more than just focusing on that . Im guessing we’ll explore Hirams crime connections abit deeper.
Old May 24th, 2018, 07:17 PM #687
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

mookie wrote: View Post

I thought for sure that Uncle Claudius was going to somehow end up being his brother,
Wait...I think I'm reading this wrong. Claudius IS Clifford's brother, his twin brother.

I think that Chic will be back. When Betty was confronting Hal about the murders, she left his name out - which is interesting considering most of the lead up to that was her considering herself a murderer for giving up his name. And then she didn't ask for confirmation? Okay, Betty.
Well Betty is still wracked with guilt over it even with what Chic did. So it's just likely she's afraid to ask. If she does and he says he killed him, then she definitely was an accessory to murder. And how does she know she can trust whatever answer he gives? He says yes, it'll mess her up more and even then she'll be torn about whether he's lying to mess with her or not. And if he says Chic got away, she'll tear her hair out wondering if he's just lying to her. And even if she believes him, or he tells her where there's proof, then she'll just worry about what Chic might do, if he'll return for revenge. It's basically a lose/lose situation all around.

Shes the main reason i started watching to be honest. I remembered her from victorious.

As for riverdale though, i hope they find their footing and core storyline early on. Obviously the start will involve archie being arrested but i want it to be more than just focusing on that . Im guessing we’ll explore Hirams crime connections abit deeper.
I imagine S3 will be able the Justice League finding a way to save Archie from jail. Then will be dealing with Hiram and his Legion of Doom as they try to take over and run Riverdale(likely into the ground).
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:44 AM #688
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

I imagine S3 will be able the Justice League finding a way to save Archie from jail. Then will be dealing with Hiram and his Legion of Doom as they try to take over and run Riverdale(likely into the ground).
at first i thought you was mixing up your threads.
I actually could see a crossover episode between the shows. Something small such as team arrow coming into town to track a villain that ran away.
But then i wonder if it would have to take place on another earth since they got justice league comics etc in riverdale
Old May 25th, 2018, 07:15 PM #689
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

at first i thought you was mixing up your threads.
I actually could see a crossover episode between the shows. Something small such as team arrow coming into town to track a villain that ran away.
But then i wonder if it would have to take place on another earth since they got justice league comics etc in riverdale
Yeah no, it's just so...well exactly that. I mean at the end when Hiram is standing there and his cohorts are ringed around him, all I could think of is immediately "Legion of Doom!" So I'm just referring to them as that, cause they are. They're a group of bad guys working together toward a common goal, it works. And so that makes Archie and his group of do-gooder friends the Justice League. Though Hiram's group is more a Legion of Doom than Archie's is a JL, but still. XD
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:53 PM #690
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

Alitain wrote: View Post

Yeah no, it's just so...well exactly that. I mean at the end when Hiram is standing there and his cohorts are ringed around him, all I could think of is immediately "Legion of Doom!" So I'm just referring to them as that, cause they are. They're a group of bad guys working together toward a common goal, it works. And so that makes Archie and his group of do-gooder friends the Justice League. Though Hiram's group is more a Legion of Doom than Archie's is a JL, but still. XD
Archie- Superman
Jughead- Batman
Veronica- Wonder Woman
Betty- Hawkgirl
Cheryl- Green(Red?) Arrow
Kevin- Green Lantern (Alan Scott...obviously)
Moose- Aquaman
Toni- Black Canary
Reggie- Flash

Meh...I guess it works? Maybe some casting shuffles?
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2018, 01:21 PM #691
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Soooo, Camile posted a Instagram story, or I think it was a Instagram post that she has, since then, deleted:

In which she's on makeup with KJ and it looks like they are trying Serpents tattoos on him

https://www.facebook.com/RiverdaleMe...4865594896868/
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:06 AM #692
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

New photo were it looks like

Archie is becoming a Serpent:

No, that's not KJ's tattoo. His tattoo is different, and he would have covered it when shooting as Archie.

Old July 15th, 2018, 10:34 AM #693
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

I'm kinda over this "gang" where extras who actually look like tough guys play second fiddle to a 16 year old twink who thinks he has all figured out. It's beyond stupid.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2018, 11:19 AM #694
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I'm trying to figure out why anyone cares.
By the finale, practically the entire town were on the Serpents' side.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 15th, 2018, 11:34 AM #695
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

One of my co-workers and I watched Riverdale and Supernatural religiously every week last year. With how unexciting the middle of the second season got and how it seemed to drag on, we've decided Riverdale is just going to become one of those shows we record and watch whenever. It's kind of a bummer considering how amazing the first season was, but hey, at least one of my week nights opens up for something new this fall.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:48 PM #696
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Show's highlights and Season 3 sneak peek:

Old July 22nd, 2018, 01:24 PM #697
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Oh, those poor twins...
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:14 PM #698
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Some stuff

‘Riverdale’ Flashback Episode Is an Homage to ‘The Breakfast Club’ – ‘But Much Darker’

https://www.thewrap.com/riverdale-fl...midnight-club/

Lochlyn Munro (Hal Cooper) talks becoming ‘Riverdale’s’ Hannibal Lecter

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/2...annibal-lecter

CW President on Expanding the Worlds of 'Supernatural' and 'Riverdale'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...erdale-1132410

Riverdale Boss Nixes Sabrina Crossovers, Teases Another 'Very Different' Spinoff in the Works

https://tvline.com/2018/08/06/riverd...na-crossovers/

‘Riverdale’ EP Tells Us How the Arrival of Gladys and Jellybean Will Disrupt Jughead and FP Jones

https://www.thewrap.com/riverdale-ep...-and-fp-jones/

Last edited by Dexter1998; August 6th, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:29 PM #699
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Riverdale Boss Nixes Sabrina Crossovers, Teases Another 'Very Different' Spinoff in the Works

https://tvline.com/2018/08/06/riverd...na-crossovers/
Was just coming to post this.
Not too sure what sort of spin off id want since ive never read the comics in my life.

I guess i could settlle for a full series following the parents as teens after events of that flashback episode. New cast aswell of course to put a different feel on it

Last edited by toejammer; August 6th, 2018 at 07:37 PM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:37 PM #700
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

‘Riverdale’ Flashback Episode Is an Homage to ‘The Breakfast Club’ – ‘But Much Darker'
What a shock.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote