Menu

Old April 5th, 2019, 08:31 PM #621
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

There hasn't been a stated answer.

Haim holds an advisory position with the Power Rangers brand.

It's entirely possible Haim stipulated the name pre-sale.

Disney renamed Saban Entertainment to BVS Entertainment because they wanted Family channel, but the Hasbro deal was a deal for brands. That may also play a role.

Maybe it's the same branding effort that called the 2017 film "Saban's Power Rangers". Someone - multiple people - signed off on that stupid name.
Interesting.
Does that mean “Saban” title is going to remain as long as Haim is around? Or are they going to remove that for next adaptation, where Hasbro would be in full control.
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2019, 08:46 PM #622
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

We could speculate to Pasadena and back, but there's no way to know.

The only suggestion of Haim's involvement made public was in a Hasbro release which mentioned he would stay on as advisor. What that entails is unknown, and how long it will last is unknown.

Haim kept his foot in the door during the Disney years by holding onto the series' music rights.

Now that he's back to making film acquisitions via Saban Films, keeping his name in the public and entertainment sphere is key.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 5th, 2019, 09:20 PM #623
> GWRRB
Power Ranger

GWRRB
Power Ranger

PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

Quick question; is there a reason why there's "Saban's" on the title, even though the franchise is now owned by Hasbro?
It might have been answered on other thread, but I'm kind of curious.
When Disney owned the franchise (Wild Force~RPM), there was no "Saban" on title.
I honestly think it's simply that Hasbro didnt buy "Power Rangers," but Hasbro bought "Saban's Power Rangers."

That's probably why the rebranding happen with the logo change before the news broke about the purchase, they rebranded the franchise from "Power Rangers" to "Saban's Power Rangers."

I think Haim Saban just wanted to have his name live on with the brand, like Walt Disney's and everything he did
GWRRB is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 5th, 2019, 09:27 PM #624
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

We could speculate to Pasadena and back, but there's no way to know.

The only suggestion of Haim's involvement made public was in a Hasbro release which mentioned he would stay on as advisor. What that entails is unknown, and how long it will last is unknown.

Haim kept his foot in the door during the Disney years by holding onto the series' music rights.

Now that he's back to making film acquisitions via Saban Films, keeping his name in the public and entertainment sphere is key.
So, Haim is essentially George Lucas, who also sold franchise (Star Wars) to Disney, and now serve as creative consultant.

Speaking of music rights, does Hasbro has that rights, now that they own the franchise (TV shows AND toys)?
IIRC, I discussed that topic on different thread, where someone mentioned it's separate deal/rights, but if Star Wars is any indication, where they are allowed to use score/music by John Williams for Episode VII (The Force Awakens) and beyond, I don't think that's much of an issue; granted, Star Wars is much bigger franchise and different scenario between movies and TV series.
Old April 5th, 2019, 09:41 PM #625
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

PowerPhantom245 wrote: View Post

Speaking of music rights, does Hasbro has that rights, now that they own the franchise (TV shows AND toys)?
Saban sold their entire music library to Bug Music (which was later bought by Sony) shortly after repurchasing their Brands. One would imagine that they retained usage rights to the Power Rangers stuff given their use in the show and on the DVDs since then. Whether that transfers to Hasbro? Who knows... I mean the Go Go Power Rangers riff is there so probably?
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2019, 09:51 PM #626
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

There was also a reissue of A Rock Adventure on vinyl, and the 1995 version of GGPR in the 2017 film.

Ninja Turtles Next Mutation might have its theme tied up with Sony.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:59 AM #627
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

This may sounds too early, since it's most likely going to introduce in "Super"/Second Season, I'm curious how "Custom Visor" (add-on attachment/power-up) toy gimmick is going to work with Morpher.
For those who never seen Go-busters (series that was adapted from), this is how gimmick works for Custom Visor.

Notice how you need to press TWO buttons (one for Morphin Brace/Beast-X Morpher and another is Custom Visor) to activate "popping" gimmick.
Since Beast-X Morpher activation is different from Morphin Brace, where it requires key to activate, I'm curious how that would translate to Custom Visor.
Is it going to require key, similar to Beast-X Morpher (which is likely)?
2 keys to activate is somewhat convoluted and confusing for kids.
Are they going to make it one key activation, where it only require Beast-X Morpher key to activate, without key hole on "Custom Visor"?
Old April 6th, 2019, 01:28 PM #628
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

well the beast x morpher doesnt require the key to morph. all ot does is change the sounds it makes when you push the center button. it doesnt even change the morphing sound.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 01:38 PM #629
> Theagames10
Power Ranger

Theagames10
Power Ranger

Can anyone test if you can actually take off the visor of the morpher, because MMPRToys said it can clip off easily in one of his latest videos, but when I try it, I am a bit afraid of breaking it and it is hard to do for me!
Theagames10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 05:09 PM #630
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Theagames10 wrote: View Post

Can anyone test if you can actually take off the visor of the morpher, because MMPRToys said it can clip off easily in one of his latest videos, but when I try it, I am a bit afraid of breaking it and it is hard to do for me!
Huh that's odd mine pops right off for me. That said it's not something I'd worry about popping off very easily.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 06:45 PM #631
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Welp, sadly it doesn't look like the toys have shown up in my area yet. Oh well I guess, though it doesn't bode well then for when the lightning collection is actually suppose to hit shelves. I'll have to do it online which is annoying cause I want to actually look at the toys before purchasing. Silly perhaps, but it's how I am. Well maybe they'll show up eventually.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 07:20 PM #632
> RichardX1
Power Ranger

RichardX1
Power Ranger

My Target finally got Morphers and masks, and shelf/peg tags for everything else.
RichardX1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 07:37 PM #633
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I mean, I have them all already, so it doesn't affect me personally, but that still seems weird. Couldn't they have maybe cut down on the number of Blues or Reds, who will probably already be filling the pegs in adequate supply? Tronics I would think would be an evergreen figure, as many people might be looking to troop-build with them.
yeah, clearly Hasbro is honing close to the Bandai "girls are gross" allotment in the case early on...that may change, but it's sort of like how their Star Wars lines were plagued with repacks of figures that were clogging pegs and only one of each new figure...something they will need to work on for the future...

I like the figures a lot...the beast bots scale nicely to the guys and for a first-time transforming Cruise/Nick toy to be made I think they didn't sacrifice too much except for the scale of the bike (Red looks kind of funny riding Cruise)...

I was surprised by the 'voice-activation' gimmick on the morpher but even moreso with the hard plastic used on the keys...those are kind of pointy and kids are going to be thrusting them into the morphers...you don't usually see even semi-pointy toys use such hard quality plastic these days..

i like how the key blades fold, and it would have been neat if they had designed the keys to be able to fit onto a key ring of sorts just for storage possibilities...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 08:00 PM #634
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

Alitain wrote: View Post

Welp, sadly it doesn't look like the toys have shown up in my area yet. Oh well I guess, though it doesn't bode well then for when the lightning collection is actually suppose to hit shelves. I'll have to do it online which is annoying cause I want to actually look at the toys before purchasing. Silly perhaps, but it's how I am. Well maybe they'll show up eventually.
Yes, it is silly and you should be ashamed!

No, I'm not serious.

I get what you mean. I don't do it with everything, but there is some stuff I really want to see physically before my eyes and not just touched up promotional images or even pictures people post to compare. And that doesn't even include when I'm looking for that figure or item that is one of those very occasional "I'm keeping it in the box!" items and I don't want to risk getting it shipped in a cheap flimsy container that is going to get banged around.

Hope they show up soon for you.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2019, 09:20 PM #635
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

I love that you can basically say ANY PR morping call for the morpher and it'll work. Hell you can even say Let's Morphin.
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:30 PM #636
> ThePsychicFroakie
Super Slow Subber

ThePsychicFroakie
Super Slow Subber

I tried the Walmart in Santurce, Puerto Rico, and again I found figures but no morphers. Oh the woe of collecting just the roleplay toys
ThePsychicFroakie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:29 PM #637
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Whelp I'm officially done with Beast Morphers toys until most likely summer.

Last edited by a squad; April 7th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:44 PM #638
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

a squad wrote: View Post

Whelp I'm officially done with BM toys
This could be taken in so many ways.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:59 PM #639
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

This could be taken in so many ways.
Wow I didn't even SEE that LOL!!!!!!!
Old April 7th, 2019, 06:30 PM #640
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay

a squad wrote: View Post

Whelp I'm officially done with Beast Morphers toys until most likely summer.
https://i.ibb.co/44CmGgn/IMG-1006.jpg
Are they doing 5" zords again!?
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote