Home Menu

Menu

Old January 14th, 2019, 12:39 PM #161
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

I dunno what Black Widow can bring to the table that is not just generic spy movie filler we have seen time and time again
Supervillains and aliens? It's still in the MCU.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:13 AM #162
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Rumor: a Gamora and Nebula TV series planned for Disney+.

...ok this is getting silly.

If true, NOW Disney/Marvel is choosing to go full circle and pull a WB/DC on having no restraint on announcing a bunch of projects, regardless of whether there's a demand or not?
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:17 AM #163
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Mantis and Nebula I could believe. Gamora's too close to things.

So this is just trying to fool people for funsies.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:56 AM #164
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

TeraMan wrote: View Post

If true, NOW Disney/Marvel is choosing to go full circle and pull a WB/DC on having no restraint on announcing a bunch of projects, regardless of whether there's a demand or not?
Yep, this is starting to become like their competitor.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:00 AM #165
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Mantis and Nebula I could believe. Gamora's too close to things.

So this is just trying to fool people for funsies.
Yeah, Gamora's actress is also known for Avatar and Star Trek, surely she'll be doing more movies, not a TV show? Also, both Gamora and Nebula require lots of make-up. You can bet your bottom dollar that Vision will spend a lot of time disguised as a normal human in his and Scarlet Witch's show.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:03 AM #166
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

To be fair, unlike DC where basically every announcement is met with raised eyebrows and exasperated sighs, Marvel at least has better standing. So why not look to expanding now that they have a platform to do smaller projects? Also totally missed there's going to apparently be a Bucky & Falcon series. I feel like that one would have to be post Endgame though, which could be neat. A Gamora and Nebula I can easily see set in the earlier days before Guardians, potentially even without Saldana and Gillan if they wanted to go that route. Or not. Either way I don't really see either actress "above" doing such a TV series. And while they definitely require the make up and such, it's not impossible to do, plus we don't really know the specifics like episode count. Small number of episodes, easily doable especially if Disney/Marvel is willing to make the effort and the MCU has been worth the effort.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:49 AM #167
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Gamora and Nebula I will pass on as well as the adventures of VizWitch....Bucky/Falcon team up series, that I am very excited for.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 01:48 PM #168
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

To be fair, unlike DC where basically every announcement is met with raised eyebrows and exasperated sighs, Marvel at least has better standing. So why not look to expanding now that they have a platform to do smaller projects? Also totally missed there's going to apparently be a Bucky & Falcon series. I feel like that one would have to be post Endgame though, which could be neat. A Gamora and Nebula I can easily see set in the earlier days before Guardians, potentially even without Saldana and Gillan if they wanted to go that route. Or not. Either way I don't really see either actress "above" doing such a TV series. And while they definitely require the make up and such, it's not impossible to do, plus we don't really know the specifics like episode count. Small number of episodes, easily doable especially if Disney/Marvel is willing to make the effort and the MCU has been worth the effort.
Honestly, I'm with Tera Man's side on this because this is getting a bit too much.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 02:58 PM #169
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

That is why I hate competition between two companies and others. It has gotten ridiculous and out of control.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:00 PM #170
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Disney is looking to make shows for their new streaming service. We don't know if they're live action or animated yet just that they're talking about those shows.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:31 PM #171
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

So are they basically just going to throw every character in the MCU at the wall to see if it sticks? I'm just waiting for the announcement for the Harley/Happy Adventure Hour now.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:34 PM #172
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

So are they basically just going to throw every character in the MCU at the wall to see if it sticks?
Disney's doing what they do best. Milking something until it's bone dry.

It does leave an odd taste in the mouth, though, doesn't it? The MCU is the most financially successful movie franchise in the history of cinema ... but that's not good enough for Disney, they want more.

I find it a little unsettling.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 15th, 2019, 03:56 PM #173
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Saw this WM video on guys too powerful for the MCU, and thought I'd ask you guys' thoughts:

On another note, could you see any movies set in the universe that aren't superhero-related? For example if they were to do a Patsy Walker movie like a teen comedy (ie her pre-Hellcat days). Whether that would lead to a Hellcat sequel, who knows.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:22 PM #174
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Peter wrote: View Post

It does leave an odd taste in the mouth, though, doesn't it? The MCU is the most financially successful movie franchise in the history of cinema ... but that's not good enough for Disney, they want more.

I find it a little unsettling.
The whole thing about business is never leaving money on the table. If those movies make ungodly amounts of money, we're the ones telling them we want more.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:23 PM #175
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

The whole thing about business is never leaving money on the table. If those movies make ungodly amounts of money, we're the ones telling them we want more.
"Solo" proves otherwise.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:27 PM #176
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

"Solo" proves otherwise.
And you saw how fast Disney walked those plans back.

Our dollars will always tell corporate where to go, but they can't know where to stop without proof.
Old January 15th, 2019, 04:37 PM #177
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

"Solo" proves otherwise.
Actually Solo proved a lot of things. Solo proved that people didn't want to see it. For any of the reasons people want to list. So what happened? A failed venture caused them to backtrack a lot of their plans. Exactly what failure is supposed to do. That is actually called good business. Disney needs content for its streaming service and that is what these shows being announced are content for htem.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:41 PM #178
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

On another note, could you see any movies set in the universe that aren't superhero-related? For example if they were to do a Patsy Walker movie like a teen comedy (ie her pre-Hellcat days). Whether that would lead to a Hellcat sequel, who knows.
Probably be hard to do. I mean generally any shows that show a young version of a hero, people expect them to still be that hero at some point in the show. Hell, even like S1 of Gotham people were wondering when Bruce would become Batman, how he would since he was young, etc etc.

A young Patsy teen comedy would basically just be a teen comedy with basically two name drops. If they wanted to keep things in concert with what the Jessica Jones show established, you'd have a young Jessica around. But it's still basically just be a teen comedy. Well I guess it'd be sorta like Hannah Montana since Patsy was a kid actor, but yeah.

I think you're basically gonna have to have them be superhero related to work. At most you could try doing something like the rumored Damage Control show/movie, where the focus isn't really on the capes but the clean up. Or do something like the Loners which was basically meant to be a superhero support group for former heroes. Though I feel like to make that work as a movie/show you'd want someone known from the movies/shows at least. If you just brought in a whole new group of characters it might not sell the idea. Then again I picked up that comic because I like the premise and really didn't know the characters, and still liked it so I'm probably wrong there. But yeah, hard to really get away from the superhero stuff if you're wanting to do an MCU movie/show.

Even if you did it with teen heroes like Spider-Man, you'd still need the heroics. Sure, like a CW show you could focus on the teen school/drama stuff but you'd still have heroics.
Old January 15th, 2019, 05:56 PM #179
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

But Disney hasn't announced anything. This is essentially the media leaking what they've heard and Disney being forced to confirm it. And we don't know how much of these are true.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 06:05 PM #180
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

So are they basically just going to throw every character in the MCU at the wall to see if it sticks? I'm just waiting for the announcement for the Harley/Happy Adventure Hour now.
I mean it's not really the same thing. At least with Scarlet & Vision it'll likely take place before IW and there's room to explore or at least flesh out where they can't always in the movies. Depending on where say the Bucky & Falcon series takes place it could be an interesting followup to events in Endgame. Maybe Cap will really bite the dust, so his two closest friends will be left to figure things out and pick up the pieces.

It's not really like they're throwing just everyone out there. Don't really get why people are so bent out of shape over this. D+ is kind of a new avenue for Marvel. Yeah, they had Netflix before but with D+ they basically have all the control over their content. If they want to do something fun with Loki: The Younger Years or whatever, then let them do it. If it gives them more of a chance to explore some of their characters that don't always get the focus in the movies, that's all the better in my mind. Will it make me sub? Meh, who knows. Maybe, maybe not. If you want to sub to check them out, then go for it, if you don't want to watch the shows, then don't, simple as that.