Power Ranger

Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:07 AM #122
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Few new characters confirmed for Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

Agent Venom, Eson The Searcher, Goliath, Lockjaw, Medusa, Ravonna.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:45 AM #123
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Only 15 minutes until early access starts for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. I'm so hyped!!!
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:53 AM #124
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

StarTheFixer wrote: View Post

Few new characters confirmed for Lego Marvel Superheroes 2

Agent Venom, Eson The Searcher, Goliath, Lockjaw, Medusa, Ravonna.
That is by far the most adorable Lockjaw has ever looked.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 02:01 PM #125
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

After reading some things about reviewers that played AC: Origin demos during E3, I'm a bit cautious about this game, and this is coming from someone thats bought every single one of them.

Apparently now it will no longer be possible to insta kill people with assassinations unless your significantly leveled up......so than that kinda defeats the purpose of a stealthy assassination if your not able to do it quickly and without anyone seeing it?

The gladiator arena type things, one review compared it to a dark souls boss where dealing damage only knocked out slivers of health, and even waiting till some meter filled up to unleash a more powerful attack didn't do a ton in the end. He was never able to finish it successfully before his time with the demo was up and that left a bad taste in his mouth also coming from someone that played every AC game and said the only time aside from the nonsense of Unity's bad game play in general he had trouble with an AC game was the final chase part in AC: 3 (that was fixed and toned down months later after an update). I'll still get the game probably, but I'm honestly not liking some of these changes. I'm ok if the game isn't "super easy" like the previous ones as I played the games more for their story and was less concerned about the game mechanics, but if the game turns more into something like dark souls.....well thats not gonna last long with me.
Old June 16th, 2017, 02:39 PM #126
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Nor me... damn. The whole point is to kill stealthily. Being unable to do that without leveling up is dumb. And now that makes me wonder how awful the leveling up will be? It's it going to be grueling, a cake-walk, something in-between? I'm all for a challenging game as well, but I also don't want to have to do the same types of things over and over just to get enough points to level up.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:01 PM #127
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Taichi wrote: View Post

Nor me... damn. The whole point is to kill stealthily. Being unable to do that without leveling up is dumb. And now that makes me wonder how awful the leveling up will be? It's it going to be grueling, a cake-walk, something in-between? I'm all for a challenging game as well, but I also don't want to have to do the same types of things over and over just to get enough points to level up.
If they're sticking with how the leveling up worked in Syndicate, I personally thought it was ok and if you played the main game and did a few side missions in-between here and there, you usually were leveled up enough to where it put you in an even playing field with your enemies. But at this point there hasn't been enough info or gameplay released to see if thats so. And I know the mini map removed is gonna drive me insane too. I've always relied on that thing when making custom way points to find things. Unless theres going to be a marker like "on the game screen" after you make it in the main map menu? I can only hope.
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:37 PM #128
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Finally got back to Injustice 2 for the first time in about a month. Loved the reference to the Swamp Thing cartoon theme song from Harley in the story mode.

GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 04:22 PM #129
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

They are applying the rpg aspect to AC: Origin. You get stronger and better as you progress. The notion of being able to be the silent assassin when you're the first and you just know how to do it right away seems odd. It comes down to story too if you're the first how would you know how to do it perfectly from the start? That is like Luke being a Jedi Knight the moment he picked up the saber in ANH. It took him 3 films till he was a jedi knight finally. I like the idea for story purposes that your instant kill takes time to master.

The question is does UBI actually does it properly and makes it feel natural progression. This is Ubisoft after all and they tend to halfass everything.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 11:17 PM #130
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

They are applying the rpg aspect to AC: Origin. You get stronger and better as you progress. The notion of being able to be the silent assassin when you're the first and you just know how to do it right away seems odd. It comes down to story too if you're the first how would you know how to do it perfectly from the start? That is like Luke being a Jedi Knight the moment he picked up the saber in ANH. It took him 3 films till he was a jedi knight finally. I like the idea for story purposes that your instant kill takes time to master.

The question is does UBI actually does it properly and makes it feel natural progression. This is Ubisoft after all and they tend to halfass everything.
To an extent I can see the argument, but as I said a few posts back I recently started replaying the AC games just for fun. Ezio didn't seem to have to much trouble figuring it out, Connor they atleast attempted to explain how he became such an "expert" by skipping several years inbetween the game and saying thats when he was "trained". Got to Black Flag now, Edward seems to be a natural at it despite never being trained. <_< I mean ya its Ubi, they don't think these things through.

I guess just my issue and concern with this level up system if its drastically changed is as I said being someone that enjoys the game for their stories, if I have to spend several hours inbetween grinding in order to level up to further get anywhere to progress the story, this is where I'm gonna have issues and might even loose interest in the game
Old June 17th, 2017, 01:08 AM #131
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

so I want to get into Metroid (only played Prime because it came free with my Gamecube, loved it) so would Metroid Zero mission be a good jumping on point? Especially with Metroid 2 remake coming out?
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 01:26 AM #132
> jediranger
Power Ranger

jediranger
Power Ranger

Allio wrote: View Post

so I want to get into Metroid (only played Prime because it came free with my Gamecube, loved it) so would Metroid Zero mission be a good jumping on point? Especially with Metroid 2 remake coming out?
It wouldn't be bad choice. It's a remake of the very first Metroid game so it is on the shorter side even for a 2D Metroid game. Super Metroid is another good pick as it's usually considered to be the best Metroid game. Really any Metroid outside of spin-offs (Pinball, Hunters, Federation Force) and Other: M would be good picks. But with Samus Returns coming out, I would go with one of the 2D ones, so Zero Mission, Super Metroid or Fusion. Fusion is a little different as it is more lineal in you go to point A to point B the majority of the game while the others give you a little more freedom. Most Metroid games allow you to sequence break, meaning if you know what you are doing you can get items before you are meant to.

My personal ranking of the 2D Metroids would be Super Metroid, Fusion and then Zero Mission. Super Metroid can be a little difficult at times while Zero Mission is probably easier. Fusion would probably be in the middle in terms of difficulty outside of one or two bosses.

Last edited by jediranger; June 17th, 2017 at 01:32 AM.
jediranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:16 AM #133
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Absolutely loving ARMS so far. A really fantastic fighter.

Actually far more fun than the initial reveal trailer made it out to be
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 05:15 PM #134
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

...meanwhile, I'm essentially performing open-heart surgery on my "new" 3DS XL to try to fix an issue with it.

I'm scared, guys.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:22 PM #135
> hwahnito
Power Ranger

hwahnito
Power Ranger

After two days of grinding I finally got my "Yo Adrian!" moment and got the Staff of Grayson. I try not to do too many of the Diamond Multiverse events because of how expensive they are but this one paid off.

hwahnito is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:43 PM #136
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

hwahnito wrote: View Post

After two days of grinding I finally got my "Yo Adrian!" moment and got the Staff of Grayson. I try not to do too many of the Diamond Multiverse events because of how expensive they are but this one paid off.
Yeah I got the Staff of Grayson the other day. It took me hours to open my boxes and when I did I freaked. Remember it is an ability not a piece of gear. It actually has a higher chance of dropping in bronze, silver and gold than diamond and other one. Which is why they upped the prices of those boxes. They realized everyone wanted abilities.
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:01 PM #137
> hwahnito
Power Ranger

hwahnito
Power Ranger

Oh wow, good to know. I wasn't planning on getting the game until the complete edition eventually came out, but I got it as a gift. I should have done more research on how the different kinds of items dropped. Are the shaders the same way?
hwahnito is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM #138
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

hwahnito wrote: View Post

Oh wow, good to know. I wasn't planning on getting the game until the complete edition eventually came out, but I got it as a gift. I should have done more research on how the different kinds of items dropped. Are the shaders the same way?
It comes down to what the item is referred to as. If it is a common item it will have a higher chance to drop in a bronze, silver, gold box because you have a higher chance of getting common items in those.

There are ways to grind gear, level and ect. Do the easy ladder beat Brainiac with every character you'll get a shader for every character. Then set your AI for every character. Then go to the infinite ladder and let the AI do all the work for you. They'll grind out levels, gear and boxes for you. Don't blow the crystals on anything but Premier Skins. I still need to get Vixen but since I'm above level 65 the level grind is slow as hell.

Sell your gear too. All grey or blue gear unless you need the blue gear. You'll get credits and can buy bronze, silver and gold boxes with them. I've spent 2 million of what I made just purging gear on silver and gold boxes. I got staff of grayson in a silver box. Most of my shaders have come from silver boxes.

I have opened over 400 of bronze and silver boxes though. Just to give you an idea of how much I have grinded or had the ai grind for me.
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:33 PM #139
> KibaWolf
Power Ranger

KibaWolf
Power Ranger

So, I have a really dumb question for you all. how do you stay motivated in a game? I blame my ADHD for it but I get really, really lost and bored if I stat working into sidequests and things of a game, and so generally I follow the main quest and stop. Because of that though, thats stopped me from finishing like, breath of the wild because as much as I want to continue the game AND find more shrines, I just..feel no urge. I've gotten all the memories, done all the divine beasts and..lost the urge.

Any ideas how to push myself back into it, because I'd love to play again! (This happens in games including like Skyrim..which I completed the main quest and never came back for DLC or anything else
KibaWolf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:39 PM #140
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

KibaWolf wrote: View Post

So, I have a really dumb question for you all. how do you stay motivated in a game? I blame my ADHD for it but I get really, really lost and bored if I stat working into sidequests and things of a game, and so generally I follow the main quest and stop. Because of that though, thats stopped me from finishing like, breath of the wild because as much as I want to continue the game AND find more shrines, I just..feel no urge. I've gotten all the memories, done all the divine beasts and..lost the urge.

Any ideas how to push myself back into it, because I'd love to play again! (This happens in games including like Skyrim..which I completed the main quest and never came back for DLC or anything else
I play WOW 99% of the time as I am a gold farmer and it keeps gold in my bank for my wife and I to play. Every other game it takes me months if not years to beat if it isn't a fighting game. I'm playing Ghost Recons Wildlands atm as a side game. I probably won't beat it like Shadows of Mordor till sometime next year. I'm planning on getting Shadows of War and maybe Battlefront 2 but I probably won't beat either of those. It isn't ADHD on my end I just get bored and move onto anther game. Then cycle around to the game I need to finish. Beat Shadows of Mordor two months ago after they announced Shadows of War i'm like well a sequel is coming time to beat the other one.

Tags
video games