Home Menu

Menu

Old June 27th, 2017, 07:56 PM #221
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Not going to lie, I've never played a Street Fighter game. Same reason I never played a Mortal Kombat game: I just didn't feel like sinking in the sufficient time to get good at it.
I'll buy some fighting games just for the story, but I don't buy either a lot myself for that same reason at times. You either gotta spend several hours grinding to be able to stand a chance against people online, or pay to win.

So more Assassin's Creed Origin's info:

With the lack of a mini map from previous games, the game will instead have a compass like map on the top of the screen similar to what you'd see on like Elder Scrolls/Fall Out.

Synchronizing a viewpoint will uncloud parts of the full size map like previous games, but will not reveal everything like prior ones have. I'm guessing this is probably to address the complaints with too many icons on the map (Unity was just obnoxious for example). It seems the game will rely on you having to talk to characters on the game to reveal missions and/or for progress the story further at times.

You will also be able to play as other characters besides the main character, but only for certain missions, in otherwards this isn't like Syndicate where you could just switch between the Twins on a fly.

Also at E3 when asked how the "modern day" story of the game would work the rep just said that would be addressed at a later time. So no idea yet if its something playable like what we had up to Rogue, or just in cut scenes like with Syndicate.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:21 AM #222
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Not going to lie, I've never played a Street Fighter game.
Get off my planet.

I just didn't feel like sinking in the sufficient time to get good at it.
Video games aren't about being good at them, it's about having fun. And there is no fun on Earth equivalent to executing a Yoga Teleport.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:52 AM #223
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

PrimoMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Video games aren't about being good at them, it's about having fun. And there is no fun on Earth equivalent to executing a Yoga Teleport.
I fought tournament players regularly in SSF4. My mains were Ken and Fei Long. to this day, from playing SF2 as a kid, to now, I can't pull off a Shoryuken.

I can do Hadoken, and Tatsumaki Sempukyaku, and the Ultras with regular frequency, but I just can't do Shoryuken unless I get really lucky and just mash the D-pad or my fightstick in a QCF while spamming Medium Punch. And god help me if I try arcade mode. I've beaten hardcore players on a semi-regular basis once I get to know them, but Arcade on medium is nigh impossible for me. And not just on the OP final bosses Capcom loves, but after the 3rd or 4th fight.

Speaking of SF4, I hated the art style. The guys looked goofy, and the girls ugly. I'd much prefer a return to anime, like the Alpha games. I still hop on survival mode of Alpha 3 Max on my Vita.

All this talk of SF makes me want to pick up the Anniversary Collection on PS2 or Xbox, so I can play Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition, which, IIRC, was basically the first home console version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Plus it had online. Be awesome if they brought that back with the upcoming addition of playable OG Xbox games on the Xbox One.
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 06:37 AM #224
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

If you have a Switch or are getting one soon, USF2 was released on that with 2 new characters.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 06:38 AM #225
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

If you have a Switch or are getting one soon, USF2 was released on that with 2 new characters.
Yeah, from what I've read, Ultra Street Fighter II for the Switch is currently the "most enhanced" version of Street Fighter II. Meanwhile, the original Street Fighter is limited to the old TurboGrafx port, meaning someone playing through the series will suddenly go from this to this, and then back down to this.

Last edited by GetTheeToABrewery; June 28th, 2017 at 06:53 AM.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:13 AM #226
> Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

Not going to lie, I've never played a Street Fighter game. Same reason I never played a Mortal Kombat game: I just didn't feel like sinking in the sufficient time to get good at it.
I've never been big on fighting games myself. The one I played the most was Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition. I also bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I played Mortal Kombat II once. I took advantage of the Steam Free Weekend for Injustice: Gods Among Us. I played Dead or Alive 3, 4, and Soul Calibur 2 once. That's about it. I don't even know what's so special about Tekken or Virtua Fighter.
Dark Megazord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:14 AM #227
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Yeah, USF2 is the definitive version.
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:43 AM #228
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Mobile and Facebook game developer Kobojo went into liquidation last month. A company called Celsius Online has taken over two of their games, Primal Legends and Mutants Genetic Gladiators.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:19 AM #229
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

While there are plenty of new games coming out I'm looking forward to (Sonic Mania, Mario Odyssey, the Kirby Switch game, etc.), as much as I enjoyed the original I'm still a bit hesitant regarding Before the Storm.

On the one hand, it's nice that Ashly Burch is still on the writing team even if she can't reprise her role for legal reasons, the character models actually emote properly this time and with the Rewind mechanic gone this basically becomes a Telltale game where your choices actually (seem to) matter in the end.

But on the other, while not terrible the quality of the voicework seems to have taken a step down judging by the preview footage and, let's be honest her, this really isn't a story that needed to be told and probably won't give us anything that wasn't already explained in Life is Strange. I'll probably wait until the reviews come in before I decide to give it a shot myself. And if it sucks then hopefully the proper sequel DontNod is currently working on will end up being a little better.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 03:20 PM #230
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Dark Megazord wrote: View Post

I don't even know what's so special about Tekken or Virtua Fighter.
Nothing.

Tekken's been pretty desperate to stay relevant. Not King of Fighters desperate by any means, but it's the modern-day stepchild.
Old June 28th, 2017, 03:41 PM #231
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Meanwhile, from what I understand, DOA has an image problem.

In that the games' mechanics are legitimately good, but because everyone buys the game for the hawt, buxom chicks, it's been causing Tecmo/Ninja Theory to double down on that aspect with...more costume DLC then I thought was possible.

------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, SNES Classic? Oh goody. Just wait for the thing to be ridiculously hard to get.

At least now people know that the item is supposed to be a "holiday season exclusive item".

'Cause otherwise, I have no attachment to it. SNES was before my time.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 03:53 PM #232
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

In that the games' mechanics are legitimately good, but because everyone buys the game for the hawt, buxom chicks, it's been causing Tecmo/Ninja Theory to double down on that aspect with...more costume DLC then I thought was possible.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the beach volleyball games are selling better.
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:04 PM #233
> jediranger
Power Ranger

jediranger
Power Ranger

Decided to get a PS4 with all my credit at gamestop. Haven't gotten any games yet, but I got a $20 PSN card as there's a pretty nice sale going on right now and I took a look the other day and saw a few games that I want. But now to build my PS4 collection.
jediranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:07 PM #234
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Meanwhile, SNES Classic? Oh goody. Just wait for the thing to be ridiculously hard to get.

At least now people know that the item is supposed to be a "holiday season exclusive item".

'Cause otherwise, I have no attachment to it. SNES was before my time.
If literally all it was was Super Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island, I'd pay full price so this is definitely a pre-order for me as I don't have any other Nintendo products to use their virtual console on...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:08 PM #235
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

jediranger wrote: View Post

But now to build my PS4 collection.
What's currently on your list?

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks good, but I haven't heard many average person opinions.
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:15 PM #236
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the beach volleyball games are selling better.
Apparently not if they couldn't even get DOAX3 to be released outside of Asian territories.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

If literally all it was was Super Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island, I'd pay full price so this is definitely a pre-order for me as I don't have any other Nintendo products to use their virtual console on...
And pretty much all of the games listed are games I either have no interest in playing or are games I already own on playable platforms. Even if I did want to play them, I'd rather wait it out for Virtual Console on the Switch to get launched.

Plus I take a little bit of offense at StarFox 2's presence since it seems like Nintendo trying to "apologize" for StarFox Zero's existence.

Besides, my backlog just got a bit bigger when DanganRonpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls was released on Steam. I ain't got time for that shit.
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:24 PM #237
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

What's currently on your list?

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks good, but I haven't heard many average person opinions.

HZD is a great game.

It was overshadowed by Breath of the Wild in many respects though as we got two fantastic games so close together and BotW is just a better game overall.

Yet if you only have a PS4 you can't go wrong with HZD. Simple combat mechanics, cool robots to fight, a massive world to explore and an engaging story full of mystery and plenty twists. It will be a playstation classic for years to come, a brilliant exclusive that showcases Sony's strengths in game design.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:32 PM #238
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Thats what I find hilarious too considering its also one of the few fighting games I like where it seems more "fair" with moves and mechanics being more balanced and we don't have issues like in Injustice 2 for instance where people are just spamming zoner characters and winning without even getting hit by their opponent <_<

The DLC though is a bit obnoxious I agree. I remember reading an article a several months ago about some of the most priciest games if you were to buy all the DLC on them and DOA 5 Last Round took the #1 spot with costing over $1000 if you were to purchase every bit of DLC costumes available at the time of the article was written back in Feb.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM #239
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Apparently not if they couldn't even get DOAX3 to be released outside of Asian territories.

They blamed SJWs creating a hostile environment here in the west for it's non-release.
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:40 PM #240
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

They blamed SJWs creating a hostile environment here in the west for it's non-release.
Didn't that come from social media guy on Tecmo Europe speaking out of turn, and where the statement was debunked from the higher ups at Tecmo?

Otherwise...I mean. When it comes to the more...rational feminists, the argument usually put forth is that they don't have a problem with sexy female characters in general. Just that if the game doesn't advertise that it has gratuitous sexy content, that it's a problem if it seems to come out of nowhere.

Hence why people tend to be more ok with stuff like Bayonetta or Nier: Automata existing.

Tags
video games