Old February 26th, 2019, 05:23 PM #381
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

People keep saying that captain marvel is bombing on rotten tomatoes, yet all I see is a low “want to see” ratio. K.
Again, the "Want to See" ratio was disproportionately bigger than what the majority of RT movies get. RT literally had to intervene and change it because they could tell people were brigading the rating system so the "Want to See" ratio was widely tipped against it. This isn't really up for debate.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:32 PM #382
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

People keep saying that captain marvel is bombing on rotten tomatoes, yet all I see is a low “want to see” ratio. K.
It's not just a ratio that just so happens to be low... it shows evidence of bots artificially deflating the numbers of a movie that is on track for a $150M opening weekend... it's very clear that a few more than 28% of people actually want to see the movie...

Glaber wrote: View Post

There is no review Bombing, yet. Just a poll that Rotten tomatoes rottenly took away because they couldn't stay neutral. Poll comments also arn't reviews.
Because Rotten Tomatoes couldn't stay neutral? Lol...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:39 PM #383
> Glaber
Power Ranger

Glaber
Power Ranger

How can you be so sure it's bots anyway? Even the Captain Marvel Merchendice is failing to sell, and is now going on clearance. 2 other franchises also failed to sell their merch when they faced similar problems with Ghostbusters 2016 also going on clearance before the movie released.

Heck, the Starwars section at my local Meijer use to span about 4-5 aisle parts. Now it's down to barely 1.
Glaber is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:45 PM #384
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

How can you be so sure it's bots anyway?
I'll restate myself a third time: the "Want to See" ratio of the movie was wildly out of tune with how the rest of the movies on RT are voted on. Noticeably more than other movies. The ratio was so heavily brigaded RT crew intervened. You know, the people who run the site and know better than anyone whether they're being brigaded? They said that's what was happening. The sheer volume of "Want to See" votes against it heavily implies a botnet influence.

Unless you're going to drop a conspiracy theory that RT is somehow in league with Marvel I don't know why people are trying to challenge this.

Glaber wrote:
Heck, the Starwars section at my local Meijer use to span about 4-5 aisle parts. Now it's down to barely 1.
Cool? Your experiences are purely anecdotal and don't reflect the entire country in terms of merch sales.
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:55 PM #385
> Glaber
Power Ranger

Glaber
Power Ranger

you want conspiracy? go read the comments on the RT blog talking about the change.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...-some-changes/
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:56 PM #386
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

How can you be so sure it's bots anyway?
Because RT has the data. Every post you make or place you go online is tagged. There is no such thing as anonymity. If you think you're being sly, you're not. There are tell tale signs & patterns of bots & people using VPNs to get around vote restrictions.

Even the Captain Marvel Merchendice is failing to sell, and is now going on clearance. 2 other franchises also failed to sell their merch when they faced similar problems with Ghostbusters 2016 also going on clearance before the movie released.
The fuck does that have to do with people who want to see the movie? Because like I said...

That ain't it?
Old February 26th, 2019, 05:56 PM #387
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

To me it just looked like journalists cared way too much about opinions coming from rotten tomatoes.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:00 PM #388
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

you want conspiracy? go read the comments on the RT blog talking about the change.
"Go Read The Comments"

Said nobody with a strong case would ever in their life say...

To me it just looked like journalists cared way too much about opinions coming from rotten tomatoes.
Because Rotten Tomatoes is the indicator for a lot of people about whether they want to see a movie or not. When people swing in in an attempt to smash a movie ratings because its star said something that hurt men's feelings. Which... is when all of this started...
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:01 PM #389
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

How can you be so sure it's bots anyway? Even the Captain Marvel Merchendice is failing to sell, and is now going on clearance. 2 other franchises also failed to sell their merch when they faced similar problems with Ghostbusters 2016 also going on clearance before the movie released.

Because it's easier to dismiss it by saying it's bots/hacking.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:06 PM #390
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

... and I'm supposed to glean from this, what, exactly? That people are mad about them removing the "Want to See" ratio? What's your point?

TheLastBlade wrote:
I mean, yeah. It's a prominent review website. Why wouldn't they care there's a brazen attempt at tanking a movie's reputation artificially?

MutekiDragon wrote:
Or because it is bots. The easier and more likely explanation.
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:06 PM #391
> Glaber
Power Ranger

Glaber
Power Ranger

MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

Yep, it is. I've seen it happen at least once before with one of the last 3 movies that was hit with similar problems. They claimed it was Russian Bots then though.

Looks like I need to start replying with quotes if replies are speeding up.
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:13 PM #392
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Rotten Tomatoes had more to gain by literally just ignoring this... Their ownership is 30% Warner Bros...

Its easy to dismiss because they have sorts of data to back it up. Your post alone can tell Decade quite a bit about you and your location and whether or not you're using a VPN to be posting here. There are tags for everything you do online. It's not just a nebulous void. Every vote on RT is tied to identifiers.

But yeah... It's easier to admit that your system is made to be abused and they should probably do something about it...
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:17 PM #393
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Huh, stores around here aren't putting it to clearance yet. Maybe it's just your area for some reason? Bummer I guess. Though how much of the overall MCU profits hinge on the toys? I mean, I remember the Infinity War toys sitting on the pegs from start to finish. But it still raked in the dough all the same. Point being, yeah the merchandise matters but it's not really doom and gloom either.

I don't really see what RT is doing in response as a bad thing. So they're not showing early ratings and stuff till the movie comes out, that's cool. Once it does then it's all open and people can see ratings and stuff, it's just fine.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:47 PM #394
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

No it is based on facts. I know it is hard to believe but you can track this information. Also when put against other data it tracks to either be bots or spammers. Which is more the same thing just one uses a program to do it anther does it themselves. There are a lot of people who want this film to fail even if the film is good. It doesn't matter as if it is good or not to them all that matters is their agenda.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:31 PM #395
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

one of my favorites puts his thoughts on the breakdown on the situation

Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:50 PM #396
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Really not getting what Brie Larson has said that has been so... negative... I mean I have her comments that ignited all this shit right here...

Brie Larson wrote:
"About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male," Larson responded. "So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of colour, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses."
Like... where's the offense? Brie literally just wanted to have a more inclusive press pool from those journalists & publications that are often not represented and this is apparently a bad thing? It's not something she went out of her way to publicize, she was just doing it and a journalist asked her about why she agreed to talk to them. Then everything started to go to shit... and leave it to the bottom feeders of the internet to turn this into some bullshit because she wanted to see diversity. If anyone really has a problem with that... just fuck off honestly. Quit being a penchant of adult sized children.
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:52 PM #397
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

As I mentioned before it's just the toxicity of the current cultural climate, any little detail can rub someone the wrong way and cause them to start a shitstorm. For example if hasbro made BM Blue as a black guy and you know something was going to happen

For example Brie may have meant only something innocent but someone could and would have read it as her trying to be the "white savior" by "saving minorities" or whatever bullcrap despite her intention.
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:05 PM #398
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Really not getting what Brie Larson has said that has been so... negative... I mean I have her comments that ignited all this shit right here...

Like... where's the offense? Brie literally just wanted to have a more inclusive press pool from those journalists & publications that are often not represented and this is apparently a bad thing? It's not something she went out of her way to publicize, she was just doing it and a journalist asked her about why she agreed to talk to them. Then everything started to go to shit... and leave it to the bottom feeders of the internet to turn this into some bullshit because she wanted to see diversity. If anyone really has a problem with that... just fuck off honestly. Quit being a penchant of adult sized children.
There was actually an earlier interview where she said she doesn't care what a white male journalist has to say about Wrinkle in Time because it wasn't made for him. I think that's what started the whole thing. I honestly thought it was a dumb thing to say but people are blowing it way out of proportion and they've been attacking her for months over it. It's only snowballed recently because the movie is in the spotlight. .
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:15 PM #399
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Allio wrote: View Post

As I mentioned before it's just the toxicity of the current cultural climate, any little detail can rub someone the wrong way and cause them to start a shitstorm. For example if hasbro made BM Blue as a black guy and you know something was going to happen.
Regardless of Hasbro's intention if they were going to cast a black person a BM Blue, they need to consider the optics of it. Especially if they'd of used Blue's rage moments from Go-Busters. The world does not live in a bubble and it not a bad thing that you look at things from all angles. If a lot of people got upset that they cast black guy as the Gorilla Ranger that's a valid response to have. You're a show pushing diversity, you can't sit there and act dumb about racial connotations you place actors into. And if your producing team & writing team aren't able to see that, then diversity needs to start there too.

For example Brie may have meant only something innocent but someone could and would have read it as her trying to be the "white savior" by "saving minorities" or whatever bullcrap despite her intention.
You're going to find very few people out there who actually have a problem with white people pushing for diversity. That's kind of how diversity happens. Minorities have been chanting it for decades, but until the majority who hold the power are pushing for it too the chances of anything changing is pretty low.

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

There was actually an earlier interview where she said she doesn't care what a white male journalist has to say about Wrinkle in Time because it wasn't made for him. I think that's what started the whole thing. I honestly thought it was a dumb thing to say but people are blowing it way out of proportion and they've been attacking her for months over it. It's only snowballed recently because the movie is in the spotlight. .
And the whole statement was

“I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

“Am I saying I hate white dudes? No, I am not. What I am saying is if you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is an insanely low chance a woman of color will have a chance to see your movie, and review your movie.”

which again was about wanting more diversity in the critic & film journalism spaces.

It's like... it's not Brie or the world's fault that large swathes of people on the internet completely lack the ability to think critically and that if somebody says they want to see more diversity in space where minorities are underrepresented does not mean "Fuck you and your entire white family" which is essentially the reaction that she's gotten for daring to be inclusive.

Last edited by Xenotome; February 27th, 2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:23 PM #400
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

“I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”
Personally I find this reads more like she is trying to deflect the type of critic. Kind of how some people go "This movie isn't for critics, it's for fans." Which I get the intention but it sounds deflective (Wrinkle in time wasn't a good movie, but that's my opinion as it's forgettable at best. I prefer the book, though I do find the book more has something innocent and fluff..)

Last edited by Allio; February 27th, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

Tags
brie larson, captain marvel, marvel studios, not an old woman, not elder abuse