Old December 4th, 2018, 03:12 PM #281
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408



Champ wrote: View Post

Atleast, she looks a lot better than any Inhuman , that's for sure.
Crystal gon git choo mang
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:13 PM #282
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,433



christopherjohn wrote: View Post

She was bleeding blue in her flight suit so that would suggest that they are doing the half kree thing.
When the commander lady is saying her life began when it almost ended, you can see Carol getting a blue blood transfusion.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:20 PM #283
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,407
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,407



Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

When the commander lady is saying her life began when it almost ended, you can see Carol getting a blue blood transfusion.
I'm not doubting the blood transfusion. However she is bleeding blue in her earth flightsuit. Which takes place before the transfusion. At least according to this trailer. Getting a blood transfusion doesn't disqualify her from being half Kree like in the comics.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:43 PM #284
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,687
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,687



Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

Inhumans are science experiments, Carol (in the movie going by the new trailer) is a human who was given a blood transfusion. Aside from "human who interacted with Kree", not the same.
To be fair, they did use Kree blood in the experiments but I guess it's probably not to the same extent.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 04:07 PM #285
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554



hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

I think Thor gets hyped a bit by the fans.
He put the killshot on Thanos. And not normal Thanos but omnipotent all-six-stones Thanos. Yes, he was armed with Stormbreaker, but that's hardly a small feat. That's why I don't like Feige hyping up the movie with "Oh she's the most powerful superhero ever" right off the bat. It automatically lends itself to this conversation of, "Oh yeah, but..." Let Captain Marvel just be an awesome spaceship-fleet-wrecking badass by herself, and let us figure the rest of it out.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:19 PM #286
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,982
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,982



I'm guessing the blood transfusion is a misdirect and she just got blue blood from the initial accident that gave her the powers. With later infusions to keep her under control, possibly. Maybe the twist is she'll get a human transfusion at some point and that's what wakes up everything in her head. Magic blood.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:43 PM #287
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,474
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,474



Peter wrote: View Post

He put the killshot on Thanos. And not normal Thanos but omnipotent all-six-stones Thanos. Yes, he was armed with Stormbreaker, but that's hardly a small feat. That's why I don't like Feige hyping up the movie with "Oh she's the most powerful superhero ever" right off the bat. It automatically lends itself to this conversation of, "Oh yeah, but..." Let Captain Marvel just be an awesome spaceship-fleet-wrecking badass by herself, and let us figure the rest of it out.
Nah they’re going to pound it into your head that she’s the face of marvel’s next 10 years.

She’s the strongest hero and a woman

“Everything begins with her”


God help them if this is a massive flop. There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best

Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies

Ant-man? Haha that’s a laugh
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:47 PM #288
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,807
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,807



Peter wrote: View Post

He put the killshot on Thanos.
Uh...did we watch the same movie?

A killshot only qualifies as one if you actually kill your target. Which Thor did not do.

"You should have aimed for the head."

Remember?
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:49 PM #289
christopherjohn's Avatar
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,407
christopherjohn
VIP Rider
christopherjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 13,407



Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Nah they’re going to pound it into your head that she’s the face of marvel’s next 10 years.

She’s the strongest hero and a woman

“Everything begins with her”


God help them if this is a massive flop. There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best

Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies

Ant-man? Haha that’s a laugh
Black Panther. Even though she is stronger than Panther who is only on Cap level. Outside of the you know controlling the dead bit. I also doubt it will flop. Marvel makes money even if every movie doesn't make a billion like Panther or Iron Man 3 or Avengers money. It still makes money.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:58 PM #290
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554



Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

God help them if this is a massive flop.
Even if it is, I don't think Marvel have that much to worry about. If "Captain Marvel" ends up being a flop, sure, their marketing department will have to do some hilarious back-pedalling, but they've built such good-will that they'd be able to recover from it easily enough.

I mean, Captain Marvel really is a non-entity. I have an entire TPB run of a series about her, and all I can tell you is that the character is kind of abrasive. But, I mean, that's fine. Iron Man and Captain America were hokey B-listers once upon a time, and we know how that's turned out. I'm looking forward to this movie crystalising the essence of the character (and exploring a bit more of the cosmos. We're getting Skrulls!).

There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best. Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies.
Strange's movie was so underwhelming, and I found "Home-coming" disappointing as well, so I do take your point. You'd think that Sony would see the sense in keeping Spider-Man on a share agreement.

And there's always Black Panther. That movie made everybody involved rich. And even if Chadwick grows out of the role, Shuri can step in easily for another few films if necessary. And beyond five or so years in the future, they've got the X-men and the Fantastic Four to slowly re-introduce to the audience.

TeraMan wrote: View Post

"You should have aimed for the head." Remember?
Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable? He should've "aimed for the head" because decapitation is instantly fatal, and would work on an otherwise omnipotent being. Thor's mistake was going for a move that wasn't instantly fatal, thusly giving Thanos the second he needed to click his fingers.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:08 PM #291
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,807
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,807



Peter wrote: View Post

Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable?
For a non-human like Thanos? Well, yeah. I don't think it would be as big a deal for him versus our other merry band of heroes.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:37 AM #292
Bluecatcinema's Avatar
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,159
Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger
Bluecatcinema's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,159



Peter wrote: View Post

Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable? He should've "aimed for the head" because decapitation is instantly fatal, and would work on an otherwise omnipotent being. Thor's mistake was going for a move that wasn't instantly fatal, thusly giving Thanos the second he needed to click his fingers.
When the one suffering the wound wields the Infinity Gauntlet, it's way more survivable than usual. Thanos probably used the Reality Stone to heal himself.

Last edited by Bluecatcinema; December 5th, 2018 at 09:02 AM.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:50 AM #293
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,688
32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,688
32 eBay



Peter wrote: View Post

Strange's movie was so underwhelming, and I found "Home-coming" disappointing as well, so I do take your point. You'd think that Sony would see the sense in keeping Spider-Man on a share agreement.
Now that Becca and I have watched everything in order... like the cinematic order, not release order... I have to agree. Strange's movie was good, I liked it, but it just felt... tame(?) compared to the other movies. It's just there.

With Spidey being my all time favorite Marvel character, Homecoming was completely lackluster to me as well. I think what it came down to was no origin story. In a world where we've seen every Marvel character rise up from the beginning... sans possibly Black Panther, (in a way), Spidey just felt weird not having one. Even though we've experienced it two times now, it felt like having the origin would have made more sense. But it is what it is.

(But I'm a huge Andrew Garfield as Spider-man fan... and Amazing Spider-man is still my favorite Spidey movie... by a long shot... despite ASM2's suit.)
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:56 AM #294
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,808
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,808



Honestly, I was more underwelmed with Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World than with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming. I don't hate them but they're inferior to their predecessors.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:39 PM #295
Adara.2's Avatar
> Adara.2
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,947
Adara.2
Power Ranger
Adara.2's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,947



If it turns out Fury and the other "Snap" victims are living in the Soul Stone, then I want a scene where he says T'Challa should get a cat.

Maybe Black Panther 2 could open-up with T'Challa following Fury's advice.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:26 PM #296
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,639



Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

God help them if this is a massive flop.
It won't be, it's not like the reception of the trailers was lukewarm or anything that would let me believe it won't be a success.

And they're hardly pounding her importance and future role harder into our heads than Captain America's, his first movie was even subtitled "The First Avenger" just in case anyone missed the memo. There's not much of a difference except that some people complain when a woman is pushed to the front while they're perfectly fine when it's a man.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:30 PM #297
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,638



TeraMan wrote: View Post

For a non-human like Thanos? Well, yeah. I don't think it would be as big a deal for him versus our other merry band of heroes.
Let's not underplay the fact that Thanos fired ALL 6 stones at Thor, and they didn't even slow Stormbreaker down.

I mean, "element of surprise" and all, but that's nothing.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 03:39 PM #298
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,554



Taichi wrote: View Post

Now that Becca and I have watched everything in order... like the cinematic order, not release order... I have to agree. Strange's movie was good, I liked it, but it just felt... tame(?) compared to the other movies. It's just there.
No, "Doctor Strange" felt very paint-by-numbers. They didn't really do anything special with it (other than spending two hours maneuvering the Time Gem into the ongoing narrative). Strange as a character was much more interesting in "Infinity War". And while Tilda Swanton is love, having the character be Celtic and not Tibetan just screamed of, "We can't piss off China!" which unsettled me as an audience-member.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:37 PM #299
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408



Peter wrote: View Post

And while Tilda Swanton is love, having the character be Celtic and not Tibetan just screamed of, "We can't piss off China!" which unsettled me as an audience-member.
So you wouldn't have been unsettled if they did piss off China?

It was like they said, they were in a no-win situation. They picked the path of least bitching.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM #300
SuperStar's Avatar
> SuperStar
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,343
SuperStar
Power Ranger
SuperStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,343



Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

=
And they're hardly pounding her importance and future role harder into our heads than Captain America's, his first movie was even subtitled "The First Avenger" just in case anyone missed the memo. There's not much of a difference except that some people complain when a woman is pushed to the front while they're perfectly fine when it's a man.
Leading up to Captain America's movie the writers weren't saying stuff like "Captain America is a force that has never been seen before and it probably the strongest dude that ever was."
...or maybe they did I wasn't keeping up with interviews and stuff at that time.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
brie larson, captain marvel, marvel studios, not an old woman, not elder abuse

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.