Old December 4th, 2018, 03:12 PM #281
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Champ wrote: View Post

Atleast, she looks a lot better than any Inhuman , that's for sure.
Crystal gon git choo mang
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:13 PM #282
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

She was bleeding blue in her flight suit so that would suggest that they are doing the half kree thing.
When the commander lady is saying her life began when it almost ended, you can see Carol getting a blue blood transfusion.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:20 PM #283
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

When the commander lady is saying her life began when it almost ended, you can see Carol getting a blue blood transfusion.
I'm not doubting the blood transfusion. However she is bleeding blue in her earth flightsuit. Which takes place before the transfusion. At least according to this trailer. Getting a blood transfusion doesn't disqualify her from being half Kree like in the comics.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:43 PM #284
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

Inhumans are science experiments, Carol (in the movie going by the new trailer) is a human who was given a blood transfusion. Aside from "human who interacted with Kree", not the same.
To be fair, they did use Kree blood in the experiments but I guess it's probably not to the same extent.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 04:07 PM #285
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

I think Thor gets hyped a bit by the fans.
He put the killshot on Thanos. And not normal Thanos but omnipotent all-six-stones Thanos. Yes, he was armed with Stormbreaker, but that's hardly a small feat. That's why I don't like Feige hyping up the movie with "Oh she's the most powerful superhero ever" right off the bat. It automatically lends itself to this conversation of, "Oh yeah, but..." Let Captain Marvel just be an awesome spaceship-fleet-wrecking badass by herself, and let us figure the rest of it out.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:19 PM #286
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I'm guessing the blood transfusion is a misdirect and she just got blue blood from the initial accident that gave her the powers. With later infusions to keep her under control, possibly. Maybe the twist is she'll get a human transfusion at some point and that's what wakes up everything in her head. Magic blood.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:43 PM #287
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Peter wrote: View Post

He put the killshot on Thanos. And not normal Thanos but omnipotent all-six-stones Thanos. Yes, he was armed with Stormbreaker, but that's hardly a small feat. That's why I don't like Feige hyping up the movie with "Oh she's the most powerful superhero ever" right off the bat. It automatically lends itself to this conversation of, "Oh yeah, but..." Let Captain Marvel just be an awesome spaceship-fleet-wrecking badass by herself, and let us figure the rest of it out.
Nah they’re going to pound it into your head that she’s the face of marvel’s next 10 years.

She’s the strongest hero and a woman

“Everything begins with her”

God help them if this is a massive flop. There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best

Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies

Ant-man? Haha that’s a laugh
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:47 PM #288
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

He put the killshot on Thanos.
Uh...did we watch the same movie?

A killshot only qualifies as one if you actually kill your target. Which Thor did not do.

"You should have aimed for the head."

Remember?
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:49 PM #289
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Nah they’re going to pound it into your head that she’s the face of marvel’s next 10 years.

She’s the strongest hero and a woman

“Everything begins with her”

God help them if this is a massive flop. There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best

Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies

Ant-man? Haha that’s a laugh
Black Panther. Even though she is stronger than Panther who is only on Cap level. Outside of the you know controlling the dead bit. I also doubt it will flop. Marvel makes money even if every movie doesn't make a billion like Panther or Iron Man 3 or Avengers money. It still makes money.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:58 PM #290
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

God help them if this is a massive flop.
Even if it is, I don't think Marvel have that much to worry about. If "Captain Marvel" ends up being a flop, sure, their marketing department will have to do some hilarious back-pedalling, but they've built such good-will that they'd be able to recover from it easily enough.

I mean, Captain Marvel really is a non-entity. I have an entire TPB run of a series about her, and all I can tell you is that the character is kind of abrasive. But, I mean, that's fine. Iron Man and Captain America were hokey B-listers once upon a time, and we know how that's turned out. I'm looking forward to this movie crystalising the essence of the character (and exploring a bit more of the cosmos. We're getting Skrulls!).

There will be no one to lead the next 10 years. Spiderman? His future is murky at best. Doctor strange? I doubt we’ll get more than 3 solo movies.
Strange's movie was so underwhelming, and I found "Home-coming" disappointing as well, so I do take your point. You'd think that Sony would see the sense in keeping Spider-Man on a share agreement.

And there's always Black Panther. That movie made everybody involved rich. And even if Chadwick grows out of the role, Shuri can step in easily for another few films if necessary. And beyond five or so years in the future, they've got the X-men and the Fantastic Four to slowly re-introduce to the audience.

TeraMan wrote: View Post

"You should have aimed for the head." Remember?
Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable? He should've "aimed for the head" because decapitation is instantly fatal, and would work on an otherwise omnipotent being. Thor's mistake was going for a move that wasn't instantly fatal, thusly giving Thanos the second he needed to click his fingers.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:08 PM #291
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable?
For a non-human like Thanos? Well, yeah. I don't think it would be as big a deal for him versus our other merry band of heroes.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:37 AM #292
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Because getting an axe through the chest is easily survivable? He should've "aimed for the head" because decapitation is instantly fatal, and would work on an otherwise omnipotent being. Thor's mistake was going for a move that wasn't instantly fatal, thusly giving Thanos the second he needed to click his fingers.
When the one suffering the wound wields the Infinity Gauntlet, it's way more survivable than usual. Thanos probably used the Reality Stone to heal himself.

Last edited by Bluecatcinema; December 5th, 2018 at 09:02 AM.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:50 AM #293
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Strange's movie was so underwhelming, and I found "Home-coming" disappointing as well, so I do take your point. You'd think that Sony would see the sense in keeping Spider-Man on a share agreement.
Now that Becca and I have watched everything in order... like the cinematic order, not release order... I have to agree. Strange's movie was good, I liked it, but it just felt... tame(?) compared to the other movies. It's just there.

With Spidey being my all time favorite Marvel character, Homecoming was completely lackluster to me as well. I think what it came down to was no origin story. In a world where we've seen every Marvel character rise up from the beginning... sans possibly Black Panther, (in a way), Spidey just felt weird not having one. Even though we've experienced it two times now, it felt like having the origin would have made more sense. But it is what it is.

(But I'm a huge Andrew Garfield as Spider-man fan... and Amazing Spider-man is still my favorite Spidey movie... by a long shot... despite ASM2's suit.)
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:56 AM #294
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Honestly, I was more underwelmed with Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World than with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming. I don't hate them but they're inferior to their predecessors.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:39 PM #295
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

If it turns out Fury and the other "Snap" victims are living in the Soul Stone, then I want a scene where he says T'Challa should get a cat.

Maybe Black Panther 2 could open-up with T'Challa following Fury's advice.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:26 PM #296
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

God help them if this is a massive flop.
It won't be, it's not like the reception of the trailers was lukewarm or anything that would let me believe it won't be a success.

And they're hardly pounding her importance and future role harder into our heads than Captain America's, his first movie was even subtitled "The First Avenger" just in case anyone missed the memo. There's not much of a difference except that some people complain when a woman is pushed to the front while they're perfectly fine when it's a man.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:30 PM #297
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

TeraMan wrote: View Post

For a non-human like Thanos? Well, yeah. I don't think it would be as big a deal for him versus our other merry band of heroes.
Let's not underplay the fact that Thanos fired ALL 6 stones at Thor, and they didn't even slow Stormbreaker down.

I mean, "element of surprise" and all, but that's nothing.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 03:39 PM #298
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Taichi wrote: View Post

Now that Becca and I have watched everything in order... like the cinematic order, not release order... I have to agree. Strange's movie was good, I liked it, but it just felt... tame(?) compared to the other movies. It's just there.
No, "Doctor Strange" felt very paint-by-numbers. They didn't really do anything special with it (other than spending two hours maneuvering the Time Gem into the ongoing narrative). Strange as a character was much more interesting in "Infinity War". And while Tilda Swanton is love, having the character be Celtic and not Tibetan just screamed of, "We can't piss off China!" which unsettled me as an audience-member.
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:37 PM #299
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

And while Tilda Swanton is love, having the character be Celtic and not Tibetan just screamed of, "We can't piss off China!" which unsettled me as an audience-member.
So you wouldn't have been unsettled if they did piss off China?

It was like they said, they were in a no-win situation. They picked the path of least bitching.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:14 PM #300
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

Salted Pepper wrote: View Post

=
And they're hardly pounding her importance and future role harder into our heads than Captain America's, his first movie was even subtitled "The First Avenger" just in case anyone missed the memo. There's not much of a difference except that some people complain when a woman is pushed to the front while they're perfectly fine when it's a man.
Leading up to Captain America's movie the writers weren't saying stuff like "Captain America is a force that has never been seen before and it probably the strongest dude that ever was."
...or maybe they did I wasn't keeping up with interviews and stuff at that time.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
brie larson, captain marvel, marvel studios, not an old woman, not elder abuse