Menu

Old April 5th, 2017, 06:15 AM #161
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Whoa... wait... both the licenses for the show AND movie?!?!

Now I'm definitely excited to see what happens from this company.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 06:37 AM #162
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

I don't know how I never noticed the air holes in the visor before. You don't see that on the ones on the cover of the Zyuranger photo book do you? I first noticed those when Saban put out pictures of the cover of their new visual history, and all the helmets there had the same air holes in the visors, which made me think they were fanmade.

Either way, really hoping it's not $600 like their other fiberglass stuff.

Was kinda hoping Weta themselves would get a license to sell some of their PR stuff.

Last edited by Kylash327; April 5th, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:47 AM #163
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

I don't know how I never noticed the air holes in the visor before. You don't see that on the ones on the cover of the Zyuranger photo book do you? I first noticed those when Saban put out pictures of the cover of their new visual history, and all the helmets there had the same air holes in the visors, which made me think they were fanmade.

Either way, really hoping it's not $600 like their other fiberglass stuff.

Was kinda hoping Weta themselves would get a license to sell some of their PR stuff.
I have a very good amount of zyuranger books and I can tell you that in all the books I have never seen those holes on the Dragon Ranger Helmet from original zyuranger tv show.

Maybe they added those for the Gokaiger series and on.

What new visual book kylash?
mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 08:15 AM #164
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers...visual+history

Click for the full version to see the holes.

Its interesting that theyre gonna use a Zyuranger base, since it will be a smaller helmet than what was used for Power Rangers. Hopefuly they dont modify it too much, but I can see the general customer complaining that it doesnt fit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the visor vents werent put there until recently because these are the helmets they use for suit appearances, like at the Haim Saban Hollywood Star event. Either way, you can certainly see chips and dents around the opening, but the paint is not missing, which tells me it may have been repainted (which would also explain the thicker detail lines). Interesting that this one also has the holes above the mouth, which isnt seen on Zyu hero helmets.

All of this makes me think this helmet may not be entirely what they think it is.

Last edited by Kylash327; April 5th, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:02 AM #165
> IvanOoze
Power Ranger

IvanOoze
Power Ranger

If its priced anything like the fiberglass helmets they do for StarWars or Marvel, it will be $600+. Hopefully they would realize they wont sell these for that price, so hoping its lower, like their PCR helmets.
Why would they not sell at that price? That's a typical price for high end collectibles like this that sell just fine.
IvanOoze is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:16 AM #166
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Taichi wrote: View Post

Whoa... wait... both the licenses for the show AND movie?!?!

Now I'm definitely excited to see what happens from this company.
You and me both. I assume they'll make a movie Red helmet. They've sold at least one (maybe 2 judging by your avatar haha) if they do.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:18 AM #167
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

I would think that 600+ would be a breaking point for most fans to go the fanmade route for half the price, just knowing how PR fans are when buying stuff. Considering what it is, I would probably still try to swing it, but I don't think I'm the majority. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong. Considering this has much more simple construction than something like the Starlord helmet, I'm thinking it will be lower.
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:27 AM #168
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Either way, you can certainly see chips and dents around the opening, but the paint is not missing, which tells me it may have been repainted (which would also explain the thicker detail lines).
I noticed the chips when I watched it, but it looks like they've touched up paint in just those spots since the shades don't appear to match at all. Although, with the thick lines it could have been fully repainted at some point, then chipped after that and touched up too...
I'm also curious if it could be the Dino Thunder / Super Megaforce silver-striped helmet with a recent repaint, since they finally seem to have realised that it shoudn't look like that, after all the time and money spent on recolouring in post in PRSM and recently starting recolouring the "new" photos taken a few years back. Saban Brands has needed one for public appearances etc, but it seems like Mr Silver is the only one they've had in their possession for a long time now.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; April 5th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:37 AM #169
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Yikes yeah, totally touched up. And that kinda makes the authenticity of the rest of the paint and color questionable, especially if it is ole' Silver Stripe.

You'd think since Saban has contacts with Toei, they could easily get a licensee like EFX in contact with Rainbow to just get one from the source...

Also on the 2017 helmet, I know its more complicated than this, but why make a licensee wait for a used touring helmet to come back and make them reverse engineer or mold the thing when Weta is sitting on the original molds? Again, it would seem Weta could easily supply a clean casting or hell, even the molds.
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:44 AM #170
> IvanOoze
Power Ranger

IvanOoze
Power Ranger

I would think that 600+ would be a breaking point for most fans to go the fanmade route for half the price, just knowing how PR fans are when buying stuff. Considering what it is, I would probably still try to swing it, but I don't think I'm the majority. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong. Considering this has much more simple construction than something like the Starlord helmet, I'm thinking it will be lower.
I completely agree with you. I do know how some of the fandom like to gripe about prices on EVERYTHING. I'm hoping those people are just the outspoken minority and there more of us out there than we think. This being the first time something like this has been offered, I hope we are all pleasantly surprised
IvanOoze is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:58 AM #171
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Yikes yeah, totally touched up. And that kinda makes the authenticity of the rest of the paint and color questionable, especially if it is ole' Silver Stripe.

You'd think since Saban has contacts with Toei, they could easily get a licensee like EFX in contact with Rainbow to just get one from the source...
I forgot to mention... If I recall correctly, there was always a bit of confusion about the source of the silver-striped helmet. Back during Dino Thunder, it was said by someone (might have been Doug Sloan or Jackie Marchand?) that they didn't have access to an MMPR Green any more, so they had to have the suit recreated in NZ and the helmet shipped from Japan - and it was said that the helmet arrived from Japan with the silver stripes, which would be very weird from Toei... Plus with the lack of knowledge the NZ team seem to have with getting things accurate over the years, it's entirely possible they received a helmet from Japan and then the NZ team painted it... It's a mystery

Whatever the exact source of it, I'm personally hoping that they remove at least the visor holes. They really shouldn't be there since they're not part of the actual design.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:07 AM #172
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers...visual+history

Click for the full version to see the holes.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1Llo3LfAmL.jpg

Its interesting that theyre gonna use a Zyuranger base, since it will be a smaller helmet than what was used for Power Rangers. Hopefuly they dont modify it too much, but I can see the general customer complaining that it doesnt fit.

I wouldnt be surprised if the visor vents werent put there until recently because these are the helmets they use for suit appearances, like at the Haim Saban Hollywood Star event. Either way, you can certainly see chips and dents around the opening, but the paint is not missing, which tells me it may have been repainted (which would also explain the thicker detail lines). Interesting that this one also has the holes above the mouth, which isnt seen on Zyu hero helmets.

All of this makes me think this helmet may not be entirely what they think it is.
Thanks, but I clicked on that link and get an error message saying site can't be reached.
Is that a book that is on sale now or coming soon?
Old April 5th, 2017, 10:10 AM #173
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Its a preorder, its not out yet. Just search Amazon for Power Rangers Visual History.

On the visor holes, at least if they do add them, a visor can be replaced, its a separate piece. Id be more concerned with the ones above the mouth, since those shouldnt be there on a hero helmet either, and THAT is something you cant easily replace or fix once its finished.
Old April 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM #174
> Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

I don't know how I never noticed the air holes in the visor before. You don't see that on the ones on the cover of the Zyuranger photo book do you?
I noticed them more on the stunt helmets. Here is a picture I have.
Dragon Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:06 PM #175
> ninjapowers
To Infinity And Beyond.

ninjapowers
To Infinity And Beyond.

Thanks for all the pics and vids guys. I'm loving it!
ninjapowers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:03 PM #176
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Dragon Ranger wrote: View Post

I noticed them more on the stunt helmets. Here is a picture I have.
https://s14.postimg.org/hv4fhn62p/Burai_Scan.jpg
Where is that pic from Dragon Ranger?

I haven't seen any Hero or Stunt helmet shots with holes on the visor.

Old April 6th, 2017, 12:25 AM #177
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Visor holes are a thing in Power Rangers for sure. If you look at the Morph in season 3 on DVD, you can clearly see the small pin prick visor holes.
I had my White Ranger helmet made up with them.
Sure, they didn't have Green in on that morph but I'm sure if they were doing that practice in 1995, they were also doing it in 1993.

As for the source, that helmet is the same one they used for the dvd photos shoot and was present at PMC 2014. At PMC, it definitely had the visor holes as did the others. Me and Wildranger5 took tons of pics for reference. I'll see if I can upload some shortly.
Its hard to say whether or not it is the original one due to the repaint around '2013/14. I would perhaps say yes or at least be it the same mould used. I do believe the fighting spirit helmet was the original too just repainted for the purpose of what they wanted in Dino Thunder.
The first thing obviously is no clasps which goes in line with their current helmets. It was the same at PMC. The green had no clasps and the others did which would mean that was a decision they took when they did the repaint to give it that sentai/modern era Power Rangers look.

I would be happy if they release it how it looks as it is for certain at least the original mould we've been chasing for years. I know Wildranger5 will be able to mould it, cast it and add the specifics I like for my MMPR era helmets but if I would want EFX to make the ultimate replica for Power Rangers, rather than sentai, I would want:
Side clasps,
Helmet holes,
Visor holes,
Hinge,
Padding.

Regardless of that, I will also buy the EFX version. I come from an era where Power Rangers helmets originally cost over $800 for a cast. $600 is still a bargain for something I've dreamed of owning forever. Its all still FAR cheaper than what Film studios pay for props too.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 05:32 AM #178
> Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

Dragon Ranger
is a sentai separatist

mike909 wrote: View Post

Where is that pic from Dragon Ranger?

I haven't seen any Hero or Stunt helmet shots with holes on the visor.

https://i1262.photobucket.com/albums...psdgpyg8aq.jpg
A tv magazine ad for a Zyusoken toy. I'm no expert, I can only go by me eye. But I feel that the helmet is from around 92. Seeing the video and its different angles. I have many pictures and studied pictures from Gokaiger. The helmet used in Gokaiger is not that one. I think they remade it. I cannot wait for the preorder to come out for this.
Dragon Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:56 AM #179
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Heres side view of the one at PMC. As you can see, no clasps on green where as the others have clasps.

Heres front view, if you look super close, you can see the pin holes across the bottom of the visor

In this one, you can see Yellow's pin holes across the side of her helmet.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2017, 07:18 AM #180
> RangerBango
Power Ranger

RangerBango
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

Heres side view of the one at PMC. As you can see, no clasps on green where as the others have clasps.
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...pswiilhin0.jpg

Heres front view, if you look super close, you can see the pin holes across the bottom of the visor
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...pszhqfqsrn.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...pslwiviqf6.jpg

In this one, you can see Yellow's pin holes across the side of her helmet.
https://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...psuubd98w1.jpg
Isn't that the same outfit tommy/jdf wore for the legendary battle in Super Megaforce? What if they're using that helmet as the display casting product? I checked and checked and there are no side clips to that current design
RangerBango is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote