Home Menu

Menu

Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:00 PM #21
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Matt C wrote: View Post

So, I guess Sophie Turner is playing Jean.

Unless they're doing a soft reboot of X3 with Famke Janssen, who deserved better.
Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

They've already done a passing of the torch with the older X-men actors. Now it's the younger actor's time to shine.
Yeah, I'm assuming that all of the actors from Apocalypse (the X-Men at least) will be returning to reprise their roles in this film. Who knows if we'll be seeing the same actors for Mystique and Magneto, if they're in this film at all, considering I believe both actors have said they were basically done after Apocalypse.

So is the film going to be going by what the rumors have said? We've expecting this film to take place 10 years after Apocalypse (since that was mentioned before), and they might be adding cosmic elements to the film. Are we getting the Shi'ar?
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:40 PM #22
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Yeah, I'm assuming that all of the actors from Apocalypse (the X-Men at least) will be returning to reprise their roles in this film. Who knows if we'll be seeing the same actors for Mystique and Magneto, if they're in this film at all, considering I believe both actors have said they were basically done after Apocalypse.

So is the film going to be going by what the rumors have said? We've expecting this film to take place 10 years after Apocalypse (since that was mentioned before), and they might be adding cosmic elements to the film. Are we getting the Shi'ar?
I'd love to see the Shi'ar appearing in the film.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:43 PM #23
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Jennifer Lawrence has gone back and forth on her feelings about returning, but Fassbender has said he'd be open to returning and hasn't wavered in saying so.

They'd both need to be approached and offered new contracts, though, because their previous deals have expired.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:48 PM #24
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

My only problem with this is that we honestly have even less reason to care about Jean Grey this time than we did last time. The emotion's just not there when the conflicted character was never a lead character.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:57 PM #25
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Great News !!! if the rumors are truth thisi s going be pass 10 years after the Apocalypse basic the story continues since the X-Men First Class,Days of the Future Past and Apocalypse, basic if I remembwell this trilogy was a way of Brian redeption from the others X-Men movies.

I hope not end like Last Stand, andwil lben ice if they had characters of the Phonix Saga in the cartoon, since I liked much of Apocalypse I hope they dont let us down, because honest I was expect maybe Sinister show up in this movie
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:17 PM #26
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Dark Phoenix may be the title, but we all know this will be a movie about Mystique.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:47 PM #27
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Dark Phoenix may be the title, but we all know this will be a movie about Mystique.
Unless they're paying Jennifer Lawrence a billion dollars, she's not stepping anywhere close to this movie.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:15 PM #28
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Doubt it because I'm pretty sure Jennifer Lawrence will probably not reprise her role and I agree with Xenotome on this.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM #29
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

They made it clear that Apocalypse was the end of the "Mystique Trilogy" and Jennifer is flip-flopping on returning at all.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 04:06 PM #30
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

They should just have Rebecca Romijn come back. Her human form was never her real one anyway...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 04:23 PM #31
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Please please pleeeease do not fuck this up twice. That is all I ask of you, X-Films. Don't fuck the Phoenix story up twice, and give us something great. Everything with the new cast has been good at best and mediocre at worst. But I want something great. X2 levels of great. Give me a reason to not care about Fox being too stubborn to work with Marvel. A reason other than Deadpool.

Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

My only problem with this is that we honestly have even less reason to care about Jean Grey this time than we did last time. The emotion's just not there when the conflicted character was never a lead character.
That's my main concern about them tackling the Phoenix story straight away. At least give us time to give a damn about this Jean. As much as I liked Apocalypse, it didn't really give us a lot of reason to care about these new versions of the old X-Men. They weren't endearing, they weren't unique, they were just...standard teenage characters with no hint of the characters they're based on

Last edited by BlueMystechRanger; April 22nd, 2017 at 04:23 PM.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:02 PM #32
> pinkpower
Forever Pink

pinkpower
Forever Pink

*sigh* After Apocalypse, my levels of expectation are at a bare minimum, but you just know that somehow they're going to fuck this up again, but hopefully not Brett Ratner level of ineptitude. Can Fox just wave the white flag already with most of their Marvel properties (especialy FF) and give them back to Marvel already who can at least get them marginally right on-screen?
pinkpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:21 PM #33
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

*clicks stopwatch*

How can you expect the bare minimum but anticipate them to screw it up? Doesn't one kind of imply the other?
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:23 PM #34
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

So does this mean Jean's going to go through the Dark Phoenix phase twice? Or are we really really really forgetting X3?

Permanently forgetting X3. I mean.
They already essentially forgot about X3 and just sort of accepted that it was there but didn't really follow up any questions it raised or bothered making it have any real impact beyond "no jean grey" and no Rebecca Romijn.

Ultimately this is probably going to actually be Dark Phoenix, with a phoenix force and everything. Not just black eye Jean with amnesia/split personality, so really she'll only be going through it once, properly.

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

Logan's weird because people connected to the movie seemed to contradict each other. We're told it's not connected to the movies, then we're told it's connected to refreshed timeline. With how the actual movie plays out, it works either way.
It essentially exists in a void that only gets more frustrating when you realize the director did this purposefully because the timelines and screwy continuity were so bad already.

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

Logan definitely counts as part of the new timeline, BTW, and establishes that events analogous to those depicted in X1 and X2 did occur at some point between 1983 and 2029.
Logan establishes nothing about analogous events. There is one line about Logan killing his wife from Xavier that we are supposed to take as the Jean Grey death, but it's not a confirmation either way of when she dies or what timeline, especially since happy ending DOFP should negate that murder as far as Xavier knows.

What do you think the established events are and how does Logan establish them?

Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender have said they won't do another one unless all three do it together but who knows how realistic that is. It'd be almost unthinkable to let an X-men movie go without shoving Magneto in on Fox's part, but that'd be impressive if they did.

Lawrence is pretty much a given no-go. She hated doing the films and was mostly in Apocalypse because of contractual obligation. At this point, she's not going to go stick her head back in the X-men pool and get suckered into another contract.

It's probably safe to say it will be set 10 years after Apocalypse, and still no one will have aged.

Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

Basically the new movie has to spend most of its time character building since we don't even really know the X-men we're supposed to be following so far. If they screw around and make it another 10 year jump, that's just another 10 years of off screen development for us to miss and then be given less reason to care about them.

Though, really, did we ever get a reason to care about Jean Grey in the original trilogy? She basically existed to having a relationship with Cyclops, be creepily obsessed over by Wolverine, and die. What else was there to her?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:30 PM #35
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Though, really, did we ever get a reason to care about Jean Grey in the original trilogy? She basically existed to having a relationship with Cyclops, be creepily obsessed over by Wolverine, and die. What else was there to her?
That's looking at it from a comic perspective. She was Logan's unobtainable love-interest, basically. Though I suppose X-2 was kind of trying to set her up more independently?

If they push Jean as the central character here, they can pull it off. It's the ten year gap that I feel will make things difficult. She's had ten years to get used to her Phoenix abilities. Unless she's just not used them again for that period.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:37 PM #36
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Ultimately this is probably going to actually be Dark Phoenix, with a phoenix force and everything. Not just black eye Jean with amnesia/split personality, so really she'll only be going through it once, properly.
Apocalypse, like The Last Stand, established that Jean has a darkness inside her, and comments from Kinberg have indicated that they will in fact continue to be using that concept in relation to exploring the Dark Phoenix story again, so even if cosmic elements are introduced in relation to the DP story, the basis of what they do is going to once again be similar to The Last Stand's interpretation in its simplicity.

Logan establishes nothing about analogous events. There is one line about Logan killing his wife from Xavier that we are supposed to take as the Jean Grey death, but it's not a confirmation either way of when she dies or what timeline, especially since happy ending DOFP should negate that murder as far as Xavier knows.

What do you think the established events are and how does Logan establish them?
There's a reference to the events of Liberty Islasnd in the film, I believe.

Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender have said they won't do another one unless all three do it together but who knows how realistic that is. It'd be almost unthinkable to let an X-men movie go without shoving Magneto in on Fox's part, but that'd be impressive if they did.

Lawrence is pretty much a given no-go. She hated doing the films and was mostly in Apocalypse because of contractual obligation. At this point, she's not going to go stick her head back in the X-men pool and get suckered into another contract.
McAvoy has already been confirmed to be returning for New Mutants, and J-Law and Fassbender have both said that they'd be amenable to returning, although you're right that J-Law did also at one point say she was done with the series, so it's kind of up in the air as to whether or not she actually would. We do know that FOX wants both Fassbender and Lawrence to return though.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:51 PM #37
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

That's looking at it from a comic perspective. She was Logan's unobtainable love-interest, basically. Though I suppose X-2 was kind of trying to set her up more independently?
Given how few actual moments together Logan and Jean had in the movies, calling her a love interest is kind of a stretch. There's maybe a crush or attraction in the first film, but they barely interact in the second, and then she's his soulmate in the third and haunts him as if they were actually together in The Wolverine.

It's creepy and sends a weird message about stalker fantasies, is all I'm saying.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:57 PM #38
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Personally, I'm not opposed to the idea of the Phoenix being some kind of split personality manifested by her powers. Just as long as that concept isn't as poorly executed as The Last Stand.

Given how few actual moments together Logan and Jean had in the movies, calling her a love interest is kind of a stretch. There's maybe a crush or attraction in the first film, but they barely interact in the second, and then she's his soulmate in the third and haunts him as if they were actually together in The Wolverine.

It's creepy and sends a weird message about stalker fantasies, is all I'm saying.
Jeez. I never even thought about that but...you're right Lol

I was gonna say that they might have established a stronger bond in between films but he wasn't even at the school in between the first two movies. His love really did some right the hell out of nowhere XD
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 06:06 PM #39
> Leader Jason
Power Ranger

Leader Jason
Power Ranger

God are they seriously going to give us another crapfest like X3? Please god no.

They already ruin it by saying the Phoenix is inside Jean. It's NOT, it's a cosmic entity that bonds with her.

I hate Singer so much.

Apocalypse, like The Last Stand, established that Jean has a darkness inside her, and comments from Kinberg have indicated that they will in fact continue to be using that concept in relation to exploring the Dark Phoenix story again, so even if cosmic elements are introduced in relation to the DP story, the basis of what they do is going to once again be similar to The Last Stand's interpretation in its simplicit
And we all know how Last Stand was received.
Leader Jason is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 06:11 PM #40
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Leader Jason wrote: View Post

God are they seriously going to give us another crapfest like X3? Please god no.

They already ruin it by saying the Phoenix is inside Jean. It's NOT, it's a cosmic entity that bonds with her.
Why the hell are so many people so adamantly against doing something different from the source material now and then?
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote