RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Administration > Announcements
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old June 19th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #21
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Myzou wrote: View Post

Yes, but they contribute nothing. They don't even help people, which is the point of this thread.

A mod would be a better person to answer if they're allowed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a no. It will just clog up this thread and prevent actual questions from being answered.
"What are the names of all the Red Rangers?"

"Jason
Rocky
Aurico
Tommy
TJ
Andros
Leo
Carter
etc..."

MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #22
Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

"What are the names of all the Red Rangers?"

"Jason
Rocky
Aurico
Tommy
TJ
Andros
Leo
Carter
etc..."

That is not a list question that is banned. That would fall under simple question.

List questions are "Who are your favorite red rangers" etc. Opinions where people only post their answers in a list.
Fyntabulous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #23
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Myzou wrote: View Post

List questions are "Who are your favorite red rangers" etc. Opinions where people only post their answers in a list.
Oh come now. Who would click on a thread with a title like this and not only ask an opinion question, but one with a list answer? This thread would be much more likely to provoke questions along the lines of "In what episode did character X acquire weapon Z?". You know, easy-to-answer factual questions.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #24
akio
Resident DDR Guy

Why is the white ranger on all of the promotional material for PR20? Couldn't they just use the Crimson Ranger to keep the Red motif?
akio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #25
Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Most likely because for most older fans of the franchise, it's the most recognizable suit.

The younger fans of the franchise would recognize someone from the past few years more than they would Crimson.

I don't like Tommy, but I'm not afraid to admit his suits are the most recognizable by most people, fans or not.
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #26
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

akio wrote: View Post

Why is the white ranger on all of the promotional material for PR20? Couldn't they just use the Crimson Ranger to keep the Red motif?
Yeah, they probably should have, but they most probably wanted a representative from each Sentai adapted in order to show the widest variety of costume designs, and Mighty Morphin White is the only possible representative of Dairanger. Add to that the fact that it's Tommy, the most popular Ranger among non-fans (and probably fans as well), and he's almost a shoe-in for an anniversary promotion.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #27
wizard
Shit Poster

Officially, they say they it is for marketing purposes only and wanted to include another iconic ranger. If this is really the case, I am sure it was a tough decision between White and Green Ranger from the MMPR days. Since White Ranger was in more episodes than Green Ranger, that probably made it an easier decision.

And really, if you accept that, it is all subjective. We will just have to wait to see if anything comes of it.
wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM   #28
Antoniemey
Cap'n Redshirt

wizard wrote: View Post

Officially, they say they it is for marketing purposes only and wanted to include another iconic ranger. If this is really the case, I am sure it was a tough decision between White and Green Ranger from the MMPR days. Since White Ranger was in more episodes than Green Ranger, that probably made it an easier decision.

And really, if you accept that, it is all subjective. We will just have to wait to see if anything comes of it.
Red ranger is traditionally the leader. During MMPR when the White ranger was present, he was the leader. So, (Aquitian rangers aside, since the White ranger was the leader of that team as well, at least un-morphed), they have the leader of every ranger team featured.
Antoniemey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:43 AM   #29
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

If this is supposed to be a Q & A thread, how are we supposed to provide the "A" if we don't know exactly for sure?
MnemonicSyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:45 AM   #30
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Well, they could've used Lauren, but that would've been a spoiler.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:46 AM   #31
extremeranger
Extreme Ranger

I went on RangerBoard yesterday on my phone for the first time and I got a kind of pop up window saying there's an app for it for android phones, or something. What exactly does the app involve?
extremeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM   #32
wizard
Shit Poster

Antoniemey wrote: View Post

Red ranger is traditionally the leader. During MMPR when the White ranger was present, he was the leader. So, (Aquitian rangers aside, since the White ranger was the leader of that team as well, at least un-morphed), they have the leader of every ranger team featured.
Ninja White was the leader in Kakuranger, so it would make sense that the Sentai footage would also show that as well.

Also, Time Force Pink was the leader in Time Force, so, if they wanted a leader group picture, why not have her instead of Time Force Red?

It is just assumptions for the reason. Like MS said, we don't have a concerete answer.
wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM   #33
Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Though there are a few reasons why they would, and DigiFiend's comment does indeed stick out as likely. They did not want to have a spoiler for the sake of advertisement. xD
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM   #34
AkaMarvelous
Power Ranger

Why isn't yahoo email supported?
AkaMarvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:54 PM   #35
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
I believe they banned all hotmail, yahoo accounts because they want to stop people from creating multiple accounts.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM   #36
Xenotome
💎✨Queen Syuusuke✨💎

Dyl wrote: View Post

I believe they banned all hotmail, yahoo accounts because they want to stop people from creating multiple accounts.
But you can do that with any email provider. I've had like 1000 AOL emails.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM   #37
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Xenotome wrote: View Post

But you can do that with any email provider. I've had like 1000 AOL emails.
True but this was why it was originally banned back in 2003-04 Ray got rid of them because there was a problem of users registering with multiple accounts. I believe AOL was one of them as well, and at that time Gmail didn't allow people to create accounts you had to know an active user and they had to send you an invite.

I wish it was still like that, because having a gmail account made it that much more special . I guess the rule just stuck because it was becoming such a problem during those years.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:32 PM   #38
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Well, they could've used Lauren, but that would've been a spoiler.
You mean this Spoiler!

http://www.google.com/url?source=img...qb41wUmT1_mfNQ
Dinorider37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #39
rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?

32 eBay
Just curious, where does everyone get those avatars of Kamen Rider/sentai chests? I've been seeing them a lot on this board; Myzou and Wizard have Gedou ShinkenPink and Kamen Rider Wizard up there^, respectively.
rquinain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #40
Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

rquinain wrote: View Post

Just curious, where does everyone get those avatars of Kamen Rider/sentai chests? I've been seeing them a lot on this board; Myzou and Wizard have Gedou ShinkenPink and Kamen Rider Wizard up there^, respectively.
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=122047

Wizard posted many of the past teams avatars on there, though now they're consolidated onto a site:

http://www.andrewjaguirre.com/heroes/

He was nice enough to make this avatar for me via PM. <3 Any others you see were either made by wizard for that person, or made by them.

Tags
faq, questions, tags r 4 vips :)