RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old November 21st, 2017, 07:25 PM   #5021
Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Gold Ranger wrote: View Post

KB Toys bankruptcy was BS. I mean, the company was screwed and there was no saving it. But the guy who took over a year before bankruptcy was the former CEO of Toys'R'Us. What did he do when the company went bankrupt? Sold the name and all remaining licenses KB Toys had to Toys'R'Us. Shady as hell. And this is coming from me, who was a Store Manager at the time the store closed.

Another fun fact - retailers have more power over what product releases than you would think. Example - Psycho Rangers Legacy figures. The original pitch for the Build A Figure was not Alpha-5 ... but retailers wanted a better guarantee that the figures would sell, so a MMPR-related figure was included as the Build-A-Figure to get retail buy-in.

Why? Because the retailers only want to buy product that is going to sell and not sit on the shelves. MMPR continues to sell (I will still argue that it's because the ONLY product they release is MMPR) so retailers continue to want more MMPR. That is most likely the reason for those non-transforming Legacy Zords and the Legacy flipheads.

So before we shun Bandai for making product we don't want ... sometimes it's the retailers who want it, and the toy company obliges.
Hold up a minute - WHAT?! The Psychos had another BAF in mind before the retailers forced in Alpha 5? Holy crap! I wonder what the original pitch for the Psycho BAF was. I bet cash money it was either the Mega Voyager/Makes sense as that Megazord fought the Psychos the most or Dark Specter/Their source of power.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 07:44 PM   #5022
Nendoramachine
Certified Crimson Creep

OK, so went to my local Walgreens today for the heck of it, secretly hoping to find Zeo (but knowing it's probably gonna be five weeks before I see anything Zeo / DT pop up, that's IF Walgreens is the one that's picking them up). I expected to see more metallics, and what do I see? In Space Pink and Black! Has Space popped up in anyone else's Walgreens yet? This is a new thing to me. I was aware MMPR white and Yellow were showing up, but not Space.
Nendoramachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 07:53 PM   #5023
Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

OK, so went to my local Walgreens today for the heck of it, secretly hoping to find Zeo (but knowing it's probably gonna be five weeks before I see anything Zeo / DT pop up, that's IF Walgreens is the one that's picking them up). I expected to see more metallics, and what do I see? In Space Pink and Black! Has Space popped up in anyone else's Walgreens yet? This is a new thing to me. I was aware MMPR white and Yellow were showing up, but not Space.
I found In Space Pink at my local Walgreens in Grants Pass, and she was the one I needed to complete the Astro Megazord. Last time I was there, MMPR Yellow was there, but when I got In Space Pink, Yellow was gone.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 10:19 PM   #5024
mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

Nendoramachine wrote: View Post

I've seen pink,black,blue inspace at Walgreens for about a month now and recently found green ZEO.
mike909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:16 PM   #5025
PR 4ever
Power Ranger

Went to Walgreens in east la today and saw IS blue and black and ZEO green and gold
PR 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM   #5026
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Wow, these Walgreens cases are all over the place...
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #5027
Nendoramachine
Certified Crimson Creep

PR 4ever wrote: View Post

Went to Walgreens in east la today and saw IS blue and black and ZEO green and gold
mike909 wrote: View Post

I've seen pink,black,blue inspace at Walgreens for about a month now and recently found green ZEO.
Sweeeeeet! Couple these sightings with the DT blue being found, and it looks like Walgreens is gonna be the place to get them!

Then allow me to to be the first to say... LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!!
Nendoramachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #5028
Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

So there's been a lot of sightings of the new wave. So I did some amateur research.

There's been 10+ Zeo Gold listings on Ebay, 5+ of DT Red, DT Blue, and Zeo Green.

No sightings for Zeo Yellow, no eBay listings (sold or otherwise) of Zeo Yellow ...

So either kids are buying her before anyone else does, scalpers are passing her up entirely, or she's not in the assortment.
Gold Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #5029
TheDub
Power Ranger

Maybe shes one in a few cases? That wouldnt be horrible. It would make female figures sought after again, so no worries of them peg warming. I cant imagine scalpers passing on her and kids buying her up over gold or any of the others seems odd. Same with collectors.
TheDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #5030
MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Dont believe she is in the asst of the first Zeo's/DT's
MysteryRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #5031
mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

MysteryRanger wrote: View Post

Dont believe she is in the asst of the first Zeo's/DT's
She is part of the series 4 release according to the back of the box.

Read somewhere that case has 3 gold rangers 1 green ZEO and one red and blue Dino thunder.

Also!

Are those new Legacy Zoe's out in the wild?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb04E5jFOXf/?hl=en

Last edited by mike909; Today at 01:43 AM.
mike909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #5032
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
Series 4 contains the five figures pictured, but the initial wave of figures for series 4 does not include Tanya. The breakdown is 3-1-1-1, with the 3 being Gold.

This is Bandai trying to counteract the pegwarming of Tori and Ashley (and to a lesser extent, Kimberly, but she was 2/case which was insane from the get-go).
grnrngr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #5033
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

grnrngr wrote: View Post

Series 4 contains the five figures pictured, but the initial wave of figures for series 4 does not include Tanya. The breakdown is 3-1-1-1, with the 3 being Gold.

This is Bandai trying to counteract the pegwarming of Tori and Ashley (and to a lesser extent, Kimberly, but she was 2/case which was insane from the get-go).
They should have included another DT Red instead of another Gold, which is going to pegwarm really bad now. A 2-2-1-1 split would have a better if we believe Reds sell no matter what. Plus that gives more variety to the assortment.

I can’t fault their thinking with Kimberly. She’s supposedly more popular than Zack or Billy, so that is why they decided to do 2/case with her. It backfired on them. Now their strategy has become “Let’s ship no girls in most case assortments or at all.”

The question now is where we’ll see Tanya. Maybe they reached some sort of agreement with TRU or Target and they’ll have the assortment with her. Hopefully.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #5034
GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

They should have included another DT Red instead of another Gold, which is going to pegwarm really bad now. A 2-2-1-1 split would have a better if we believe Reds sell no matter what.
Yup!

That gold ranger is going to hurt this line more than anything in this line yet.
GoldBlade6 is online now   Reply With Quote