Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:13 PM #1461
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 281
FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 281



From a completionist angle, you want a full team but from a 'I don't have that much money' angle, may limit it to just favourite Rangers.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2019, 05:28 AM #1462
OutlawRockman's Avatar
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 407
OutlawRockman
Power Ranger
OutlawRockman's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 407



LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I’m definitely an odd-man out in this group, but I exclusively intend to build a small cluster of individual Rangers from various teams. it’s extremely likely that I will never have any complete teams. I care far more about individual characters than entire teams.
You’re not alone, I’m not a big fan of full teams either. I might actually focus on the villains more since this is the first time we’d be getting such detail on them. I think Bones or King Sphinx would look amazing in Lightning Collection based on what I’ve seen in Marvel Legends. You know, if we ever make it that far enough into the toy line to start doing monsters of the week.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (2)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 24th, 2019, 06:02 AM #1463
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 88
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 88



I just love the spine art, so i gonna take my sweat and blood to collect em all, after all my wishlist is nearing the end, if BOJ released Super Minipla dairangers and OOO Figuarts renewal all form were released. So i think i knew my limits.

Last edited by Utomowatch; March 24th, 2019 at 06:22 AM.
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:34 AM #1464
Pixelboy's Avatar
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 167
Pixelboy
Paleo Fan
Pixelboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 167



Man, completionists have no-one to blame but themselves for their empty wallets and cluttered-looking displays. I mean, theoretically, some people do have the cash to burn and the space to populate, but I am decidedly not among them.

Putting together a wishlist of ideal characters, I end up with only one or two representatives of the same show–my favorite characters and/or favorite costume designs.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:45 AM #1465
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,454
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,454



Pixelboy wrote: View Post

Man, completionists have no-one to blame but themselves for their empty wallets and cluttered-looking displays. I mean, theoretically, some people do have the cash to burn and the space to populate, but I am decidedly not among them.

Putting together a wishlist of ideal characters, I end up with only one or two representatives of the same show–my favorite characters and/or favorite costume designs.
If you buy a six ranger team at retail, you’re spending about $120 before tax.

There’s far more expensive hobbies than that.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:59 AM #1466
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,749
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,749



FerrousMaelstrom wrote: View Post

From a completionist angle, you want a full team but from a 'I don't have that much money' angle, may limit it to just favourite Rangers.
This ain’t even an issue of money, I simply don’t desire any one entire team.

OutlawRockman wrote: View Post

You’re not alone, I’m not a big fan of full teams either. I might actually focus on the villains more since this is the first time we’d be getting such detail on them. I think Bones or King Sphinx would look amazing in Lightning Collection based on what I’ve seen in Marvel Legends. You know, if we ever make it that far enough into the toy line to start doing monsters of the week.
Ooh! Getting some iconic monsters would be great! I’m biased (since it was one of only 2 PR VHS I owned growing up), but I would absolutely grab a Pudgy Pig, if one got produced.

Pixelboy wrote: View Post

Man, completionists have no-one to blame but themselves for their empty wallets and cluttered-looking displays. I mean, theoretically, some people do have the cash to burn and the space to populate, but I am decidedly not among them.

Putting together a wishlist of ideal characters, I end up with only one or two representatives of the same show–my favorite characters and/or favorite costume designs.
Exactly this, since nearly every character has 2 adaptations, whatever figures I do get will be viewed (by me, at least) as a blend of rangers PR and SS and even then, I’m only gonna get the rangers that I absolutely adore from either incarnation.
LazerwolfX is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:13 AM #1467
> ⚡Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,485
32 eBay
Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 15,485
32 eBay



That's what I had to do with Transformers... both Siege and Studio Series. I just started having to pick wisely which ones to get because even though there's a slew of really great figures, I can't possibly have them all... room and money wise.

I'm probably going to focus on Red's and 6th... plus whatever "special" Ranger there is that I like. Like Dino Charge... Red, Gold and Silver... I don't really need anyone else. Villains I'm not super worried about, but I still want them made. Ecliptor is a definite buy.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:40 AM #1468
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,181
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,181



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

If you buy a six ranger team at retail, you’re spending about $120 before tax.

There’s far more expensive hobbies than that.
For me, this issue arises when I start buying multiple teams.

MMPR is always a must.
Zeo? Loved that season too. What's another $120?
Loved Space. Done.
Movie? Why the hell not?
Dino thunder was cool so I guess I'll get them too

Suddenly I find that I've spent half a thousand dollars for a bunch of mediocre figures that I don't even have room for on my shelves.

And trust me, I know that this is a me problem but frankly I'm kind of happy that they're doing it in the anthology style. This gives me the ability to sort of assess what is released in each line, figure out what I have shelf space for and determine what I really want to buy. From the first two waves I know I'm getting White, Pink, MD, Zedd, Goldar. BM Red/Gold are a maybe at this point. I know I'll end up completing MMPR, but beyond that I'm going to pick and choose and I think in the end it will be a bit more friendly on my wallet.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:49 AM #1469
Pixelboy's Avatar
> Pixelboy
Paleo Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 167
Pixelboy
Paleo Fan
Pixelboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 167



Yeah, that $120 per team adds up if you really liked multiple shows. If I had the cash, and the space, would I want full teams? Maybe, but even then I don't know. In concept it makes sense, but on display, even if you have the room to space 'em out nicely, I feel like the potential is there for just having ... a bunch of colours in humanoid shapes, if that makes sense. For me, I like the idea of my collection having some kind of visual appeal even to folks who don't watch any PR or toku stuff, and a diverse assortment of suit designs and colours lends itself to that pretty well in my opinion.

Also–yes, Ecliptor, please.
Pixelboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:51 AM #1470
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,864
Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,864



cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Suddenly I find that I've spent half a thousand dollars for a bunch of mediocre figures that I don't even have room for on my shelves.
This made me laugh harder than it should've.

This gives me the ability to sort of assess what is released in each line, figure out what I have shelf space for and determine what I really want to buy. From the first two waves I know I'm getting White, Pink, MD, Zedd, Goldar.
This kind of distribution also helps with impulse purchases. Picking up Dino Charge Red isn't opening the door to more DC, it's effectively a one-off. So I shall tell myself

While some people are driven to get all six Rangers, I have a feeling others will justify 'just one more'.

BM Red/Gold are a maybe at this point.
Maybe you'll buy them once? Or maybe you'll buy them twice with more paint?
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:02 AM #1471
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,181
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,181



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post


Maybe you'll buy them once? Or maybe you'll buy them twice with more paint?
Maybe once. I'm enjoying BM so far so I'm leaning towards yes (on Red at least) but I'm not 100% sold yet.


This made me laugh harder than it should've.
I'm sort of 50/50 on laughing at myself and just having a general level of frustration with my spending habits
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:03 AM #1472
Utomowatch's Avatar
> Utomowatch
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 88
Utomowatch
Power Ranger
Utomowatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 88



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post


Maybe you'll buy them once? Or maybe you'll buy them twice with more paint?

some even i'll try to buy multiples for a custom, maybe a Titanus ranger? Dairangers? Time Shadow colored Silver Time Force Ranger? another Wes head and resculpt it as Alex? same thing with Connor's head for Eric?
Utomowatch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 11:30 AM #1473
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,846
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,846



Utomowatch wrote: View Post

some even i'll try to buy multiples for a custom, maybe a Titanus ranger? Dairangers? Time Shadow colored Silver Time Force Ranger? another Wes head and resculpt it as Alex? same thing with Connor's head for Eric?
I wish I was better at sculpting and painting. There's a few characters I'd love to be able to make. Someone like SPD Gold I figure is never getting made (even Nova Ranger is a long shot), but I'd also like to do some fan characters like MMPR Orange and Beast Morphers Green (frog, not hippo).
BigMDtheSequel is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2019, 06:21 PM #1474
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,998
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,998



Yeah, I definitely don't have the funds or space for these figures but man I want them. Though given how Zedd is hard to come by if at all at the moment(pre-order wise). Since I haven't seen hide nor hair of the regular toys on shelves I don't know when/if the lightning collection will show up...anyway! Money and space, yeah. Gonna have to cherry pick though it'll probably be hard. RPM is a season that I'd like the full team, and I'd probably get the full Super Megaforce figures while just believing they're the Gokaiger crew instead of...well yeah. Otherwise, RJ is a definite for me, and I'd like getting Adam(Zeo Green). And there are others I'd likely go for along the way too. But we'll see how it goes.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2019, 04:38 AM #1475
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,457
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,457



For whole teams, I'd only get the ones whose sentais suits. Namely Mystic Force, Jungle Fury, Megaforce and Super Megaforce. Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder would be huge "maybes"

For other individual releases, I'd definetely pick Thunder Rangers (Gouraijer).
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2019, 05:49 AM #1476
alexrccl's Avatar
> alexrccl
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 30
alexrccl
Power Ranger
alexrccl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 30



As of full teams I would definitely buy MMPR, Zeo, Turbo, Alien rangers, In Space, Lost galaxy, Samurai (never had it in proper scale), Megaforce and Super Megaforce, Dino Charge (for the same reason).
All the other old teams only my favorite rangers and rangers that either never were released or were done badly.
I hope soon enough we will know about new figures and maybe megazords/Morphers/playsets
alexrccl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2019, 05:28 PM #1477
ShinySephiroth's Avatar
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,501
eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives
ShinySephiroth's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,501
eBay



FE21 wrote: View Post

Getting a Lauren figure would be awesome, but Shogun mode red was for sure the most beautiful design out of the show. I will be collecting only my favorite characters, designs, and teams. Probably not many villains, not really my cup of tea.
I would be so happy if they did the whole Shogun team!
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2019, 07:41 AM #1478
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,524
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,524



Just got the basic line in hand the other day and I'm surprised at how well they stand in with Figuarts and just smaller 6'' scale things in general. I hope the Lightning Collection comes in at this same size/proportion, and less like Marvel Legends. We're on to something great.

Also, we need to see this Lightning Collection Pink. I really need an idea of how the female figures will be coming out in terms of articulation (will we get double jointed elbows where Black Series and Legends mostly doesn't, for example).
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2019, 08:22 AM #1479
NUMBERONEJD's Avatar
> NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 214
NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger
NUMBERONEJD's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 214



Activator wrote: View Post

Just got the basic line in hand the other day and I'm surprised at how well they stand in with Figuarts and just smaller 6'' scale things in general. I hope the Lightning Collection comes in at this same size/proportion, and less like Marvel Legends. We're on to something great.

Also, we need to see this Lightning Collection Pink. I really need an idea of how the female figures will be coming out in terms of articulation (will we get double jointed elbows where Black Series and Legends mostly doesn't, for example).
I hope the lightning figures will be closer in size/proportion to marvel legends. Marvel legends are the best retail 6in figure IMO. Also the avengers quantum realm suits 2 pack has double jointed elbows for the female base body. So hopefully that means more double jointed elbows in the future for all of hasbro's lines.
NUMBERONEJD is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 06:18 AM #1480
bearytrek's Avatar
> bearytrek
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,540
bearytrek
Power Ranger
bearytrek's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,540



I hope Gamestop is still around to sell its Goldar exclusive...

https://gamerant.com/gamestop-673-million-2018-loss/
bearytrek is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
super epic legacy legends

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.