Home Menu

Menu

Old June 18th, 2019, 05:37 PM #2281
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Has there ever been a spinning head figure for Green Samurai with an accurate mouthpiece? I'd be okay with a swappable helmet, but from an engineering standpoint, it would be neat to see.

Same goes for Megaforce Gold. Has that had an accurate, articulate helmet? I remember a Japanese figure got close, but the helmet wasn't seamless in Silver mode.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:29 PM #2282
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

ModRn wrote: View Post

With a helmet that spins and a shield that detaches?
A shield that detaches and cracks your shelf.
BigMDtheSequel is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 19th, 2019, 07:36 AM #2283
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

ModRn wrote: View Post

With a helmet that spins and a shield that detaches?
AND THE GUITAR PLZ.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 08:01 AM #2284
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Cam's baseball bat is now a mandatory Power Rangers accessory. Thanks Megaforce.
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:01 AM #2285
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Activator wrote: View Post

AND THE GUITAR PLZ.
*Shamisen

Itís been long enough that I feel we can call it what it actually is.
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:19 AM #2286
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Cam's baseball bat is now a mandatory Power Rangers accessory. Thanks Megaforce.
what baseball bat? i looked some images up and it appears he still has his sword.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:26 AM #2287
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

TheDub wrote: View Post

what baseball bat? i looked some images up and it appears he still has his sword.
The sheath can detach with the sword to become a bat.

In the extended length Legendary Battle, Orion uses the bat. (time 1:19)

Hurricanger was so weird. A microphone-sword-bat. And it worked. Why couldn't Ninninger pull off that aesthetic?
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:33 AM #2288
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Ninninger always felt like the Dollar Store bootleg of Hurricanger. Like, same general weird theme but just looked a bit off with the weapons and zords.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:44 AM #2289
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

I got the same sense, but I still can't place why. Maybe it's just modern designers showing their influences, in a derivative way. It's the opposite of Abaranger's inspired take on Zyuranger elements.

The gashapon gimmick helped tie everything together in Hurri, the subtheme is literally "random toy". The Legacy figures totally missed this by excluding weapons. Not many weapons have as much charm as the Sonic Fin.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; June 19th, 2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old June 19th, 2019, 11:15 AM #2290
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

*Shamisen

Itís been long enough that I feel we can call it what it actually is.
I mean, if we want to open a can of worms, sure!

While we are on the subject of 6ths and their weird items...I can't wait for Wild Force Silver, so prop makers can give us an amazing glowing pool table for that finisher.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:09 PM #2291
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

The sheath can detach with the sword to become a bat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DujGHvZVAAI4kRE.jpg

In the extended length Legendary Battle, Orion uses the bat. (time 1:19)

Hurricanger was so weird. A microphone-sword-bat. And it worked. Why couldn't Ninninger pull off that aesthetic?
oooh. i dont recall him ever using that. and the only fig i had of him i dont recall the accessory really looking like anything other than a sheath. thanks for the info!
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:34 PM #2292
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

TheDub wrote: View Post

oooh. i dont recall him ever using that. and the only fig i had of him i dont recall the accessory really looking like anything other than a sheath. thanks for the info!
Ninja Storm ignored the baseball motif. Despite being a silly season, Ninja Storm avoided some of Hurricanger's elements. Weren't the umbrellas mostly cut too?

It showed up in 2014, during the Action Hero line. Oddly, this only included a bat. Maybe Bandai forgot about NS' omission, or maybe it was a cheeky nod to the footage from Legendary Battle.

Old June 19th, 2019, 05:16 PM #2293
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

I still perfer the two SL Green Samurai figures for my essential GSR. Plus he fits in well with the SH Figuarts.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 04:30 AM #2294
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

I consider Hurricanger the best series as far as aesthetics are concerned. I dare to say it has the best ninja costumes the franchise has done.

Ninninger has a good and unique color scheme when you add Green into the mix but those white gloves and boots feel so uninspired. And it feels a bit less ninja without the swords on their backs.

Ninja Storm ignored the baseball motif. Despite being a silly season, Ninja Storm avoided some of Hurricanger's elements. Weren't the umbrellas mostly cut too?
They were.

And it's a freaking shame they never thought of a way to show the umbrellas. I remember when I saw them for the first time. At that right moment I thought "it might look silly yet it's so darn epic, shame on Disney for skipping it".

I also like the version where they use pieces of cloth. But they pale when compared to the umbrellas.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:39 PM #2295
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Ninja Storm sixth is a Baseball theme. Shit makes total sense mind fucking blown on that one lol.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 09:57 PM #2296
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

I also like the version where they use pieces of cloth. But they pale when compared to the umbrellas.
Umbrella was the superior twirl.

That would be a fantastic accessory, if Lightning ever reaches the Wind Rangers. I remember Bruno of MMPR Toys showing some cocktail umbrellas that scaled well with the Legacy figures, but obviously, they lack any PR insignia.

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Ninja Storm sixth is a Baseball theme. Shit makes total sense mind fucking blown on that one lol.
That was my same reaction! PR hiding the bat element was enough to distract from the other elements. When he turns his visor, it's like turning a baseball cap around. Then he throws off a chest protector, because he's heading for the outfield, or a home run.

The fire in his eyes, post spin, is a reference to the baseball manga Kyojin no Hoshi. It's homaged frequently in Japanese media. Pokemon pulled a lot of visuals from that series, too.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; June 21st, 2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old June 21st, 2019, 10:53 PM #2297
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I'm not a big ninja storm fan and haven't watched that season of sentai. So I'm sitting here and everything meshes perfectly. It is like why didn't they just make this apart of the character it makes so much sense. ALl of it is there just never put 2 and 2 together.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:01 PM #2298
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Umbrella was the superior twirl.

That would be a fantastic accessory, if Lightning ever reaches the Wind Rangers. I remember Bruno of MMPR Toys showing some cocktail umbrellas that scaled well with the Legacy figures, but obviously, they lack any PR insignia.
That's what customs are for.

Let's ask DesignInCase if that's part of his projects
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:14 AM #2299
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Haven't really been in the thread for awhile, so catching up. The Jason 2 pack for SDCC looks awesome, I agree with others I hope both figures get a regular release down the line. I imagine they will, though Gold will probably appear before Jason w/ Dragon Shield. And I doubt it'll include the Power Blaster, but that's fine.

Anyway, so last night I noticed something bad with my Shadow Ranger. I've had them posed on a shelf in my living room since I got them, so honestly I can't say if this is recent or been that way for a bit and I just never noticed. But I have Cruger standing there with his sword held angled down, with the energy around it. Last night I noticed the sword is warped. It's gone wavy now. My first thought was the energy wrapped around it, and held down at that angle, just caused it to warp. It hasn't really been like super warm in the room or anything, but to be honest I don't know maybe it's been warm enough since it is a thin piece of plastic. Has anyone else had this problem with the Lightning figures? He's the only one I have the energy thing on.

And then, to try and fix it. I've never done this kind of work before, so I heard you can heat up water and drop it in briefly to soften it right? I don't have a hair dryer on hand, so I'd have to go to my parents for that, but microwaved water I can try. Thanks. I might pull the figures from the living room and either find space in my room or box them for now just to be on the safe side incase it was simply the heat, not sure.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 05:23 AM #2300
> GrandDelusion
VIP Rider

GrandDelusion
VIP Rider

Alitain wrote: View Post

Anyway, so last night I noticed something bad with my Shadow Ranger. I've had them posed on a shelf in my living room since I got them, so honestly I can't say if this is recent or been that way for a bit and I just never noticed. But I have Cruger standing there with his sword held angled down, with the energy around it. Last night I noticed the sword is warped. It's gone wavy now. My first thought was the energy wrapped around it, and held down at that angle, just caused it to warp. It hasn't really been like super warm in the room or anything, but to be honest I don't know maybe it's been warm enough since it is a thin piece of plastic. Has anyone else had this problem with the Lightning figures? He's the only one I have the energy thing on.
You just got me to check mine and it's also warped, I could've lived in blissful ignorance...
GrandDelusion is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends