Home Menu

Menu

Old April 9th, 2019, 10:04 PM #901
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Tommy went to drive his car into a tree... But then realised how fun it is to drive fast...
zedd_heart_rita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:22 AM #902
> BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

Whew!! This has me all over the place! Great chapter but damn, my nerves though!!
BamaPRFan07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:23 AM #903
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

...John?

Oh you shady devil...
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:10 PM #904
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

zedd_heart_rita wrote: View Post

Tommy went to drive his car into a tree... But then realised how fun it is to drive fast...

BamaPRFan07 wrote: View Post

Whew!! This has me all over the place! Great chapter but damn, my nerves though!!
Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

...John?

Oh you shady devil...
Thank you all as always.

New chapter already underway!
BrownRangerKev is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:04 PM #905
> FlashmanX
Prism Flash

FlashmanX
Prism Flash

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/3248588-brown-ranger

look what I found crusing the web
FlashmanX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2019, 05:43 AM #906
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

FlashmanX wrote: View Post

Sue them! Squeeze every penny out of them! :p
Old April 18th, 2019, 11:39 AM #907
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

WOOOOOOW.

I better get royalties for this.

...after I buy a phone case.
Old May 7th, 2019, 07:05 AM #908
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Season 4 - Episode 15: You Deserve Better

Zordon: Roberto Clemente, you are the interim leader of the power rangers.

(We pick up where we left off inside the power chamber, where Robbie gets hit with a bombshell. He learns that not only has Tommy stepped aside, but that he’s taking his place as leader of the team. The news leaves him dumbfounded, failing to form a coherent response before Zordon simply continues.)

Zordon: Alpha and I agree, you are the best candidate for the role.

Robbie: Wh-wha… what about Jason?

Zordon: He was considered. But remember, his gold ranger powers are meant to be temporary. At any moment he could lose those them. And at a time where we need stability, we cannot risk another sudden change.

Alpha: Jason was informed of this decision ahead of this announcement to avoid conflict. He completely understands and agrees that you're the best fit for the job.

Robbie: Wow.

Zordon: I sense some hesitation.

Robbie: No… this is just… a lot to take in. This is actually the last thing I expected.

Zordon: Then understand why we went with you, Roberto. When you came to me four years ago, you were an angry teenager, mad at the world. Mad at the injustices in the world. Yet outwardly, you faced it with indifference. Today, you stand before me a caring, empathetic man who would and has put his life on the line for those he cares about. We did not take this decision lightly. But it was an easy one to make. We feel your time has come.

(Completely humbled, Robbie again has no response. He instead looks back quietly and awkwardly, unaccustomed to receiving such high praise from anyone.)

Robbie: I… thank you. I didn’t… think anyone really noticed.

Zordon: We noticed, Robbie.

Robbie: ...

Zordon: This is not being forced on you Robbie. You may decline if you feel you are not up for the responsibility.

(Although he feels ill-prepared and in over his head, his sense of duty overrides those concerns. Or any recent doubts about his own future within the team. That to him, will now need to wait.)

Robbie: No. I'm in.

Zordon: I am glad to hear it.

Robbie: But... what about Tommy? What happened to him? Where is he?

Zordon: He's decided to take time off. The combination of his failing personal relationships and ongoing demons following the invasion has led Tommy to feel he is unsuited to handle the role. He's requested a hiatus to allow for him to figure things out.

Alpha: As for his whereabouts, we have no clue.

Robbie: (Scratches chin) ...I think I know where he is.

(Sometime later, Robbie arrives at the local coffee shop he used to work at. He finds Tommy at his usual booth, nursing a cup of coffee.)

Tommy: You're late.

Robbie: I still don't work here anymore.

(Robbie takes a seat across from him.)

Tommy: You're coffees probably cold.

Robbie: It's empty.

Tommy: I also got thirsty.

Robbie: What's this about, Tommy? You quitting the team?

(Tommy exhales deeply, before getting into his response.)

Tommy: She left me, Rob. Kim broke up with me.

Robbie: I can surmise that.

Tommy: She said she's going to Paris, with her mom. She was on the fence for a while about what she wanted to do, but said she felt she had no reason to come back to Angel Grove anymore.

Robbie: ...ouch.

Tommy: Yeah. She was all I had left. My last chance for making the nightmares stop.

(Blown away by his candor, Robbie is at a loss for an appropriate response and instead sits in silence as Tommy stares pensively out the window and into the dark and rainy sky.)

Tommy: I've had this one dream, about a boy. I saw him get killed and I did nothing to stop it. Later I saved a bus full of kids. I saved all of them, but they said one kid had wandered off.

Robbie: I see.

Tommy: I get that there are sacrifices you need to make. It comes with this type of job. Ranger, military, cop, firefighter. Sometimes to save the lot you're gonna need to let a few die. Collateral damage, they call it. But that boy? He was someone's son.

Tommy: I saw his picture get put up by his parents in the hope's he'd turn up. But he won't. That boy is gone. And it’s gonna haunt me for the rest of my life. If… only we'd have been more prepared. If we were less busy fighting each other that boy might still be alive. Zack might still be alive.

Robbie: You shouldn’t go down that worm hole, Tommy. There’s no coming out of it.

(But Tommy doesn’t reply, he’s too far gone in his own head as he stares out into nothingness.)

Tommy: And Kim says she doesn’t have time for me anymore. I tell her this and that's her answer.

Robbie: I doubt she actually said that.

Tommy: Well no… She didn't. She said she’s sorry to hear that I’m going through this, but she feels we've grown into different people. And that it's best we branch out and find ourselves. And if we're meant to be, our paths will cross again. But tell me, how am I gonna find her from Paris?

Tommy: (Exhales) She’s right though. I need to step away and find myself. For too long I've been the ranger. The cool guy. Mr. Wonderful.

Robbie: If you say so.

Tommy: But it's like my therapist said, I'm too tied to my work and it's taking over me. I need to take a step back.

Robbie: They made me leader, Tommy. I'm filling in for you.

Tommy: I know, I recommended you.

Tommy: It’s what you always wanted, right? You were mad when I was chosen instead of you.

Robbie: I mean I was mad it was just handed to you, but…

Tommy: I think you'll do great. You're certainly more stable than I am right now.

(If only Tommy knew he was inches away from resignation…)

Robbie: Where are you going?

Tommy: I don’t know. I'm thinking of leaving the country for a bit. Maybe Phoenix.

Tommy: I met some people there. People I helped who were lost themselves. Think maybe I'll see how they're doing.

Robbie: Well you do you right now. I'll do my best to hold the fort. But that's all I'm doing. Cause you will be back.

Tommy: Thanks. In the meanwhile, can you take this? Kim gave it to me. I can't stand to look at this anymore.

(Tommy reaches into his pocket and hands Robbie a photo Kimberly gave to him to remember him by.)

Robbie: What is it?

Tommy: It's her and her new friends.

(Meanwhile…)

Krank: Well would you look at that?

(Looking on from the balcony of their moon base, Krank and Orbus catch wind of the shift in power.)

Orbus: What is it?

Krank: Red ranger’s gone. He’s splitting town.

Orbus: Wowie. That’s incredible. Someone should tell Mondo.

Krank: Errr…

Orbus: What’s wrong?

Krank: Well, he hasn’t exactly been himself since he’s returned.

(They watch him sitting, appearing to be reading something intently. Machina passes by. She stops before him and waves her hand in front of him but gets no response.)

Queen Machina: What’s wrong with you?

King Mondo: What? What do you talking about, woman? I feel grand.

Queen Machina: Okay? How’s your ‘Teen People?’

(He flips the magazine over to read the cover, then chucks it over his shoulder.)

Queen Machina: It looks like you’ve fried some circuits, dear. Are you sure you don’t want to get inspected?

King Mondo: Nonsense. I’m not due till the summer. I’ve just had so much on my mind since my insolent son and his bride moved in. This house feels crowded.

“MA.”

(Just then, a distressed Sprocket runs in.)

Prince Sprocket: Archerina shut off my PlayStation! Mid-save! She’s horrible!

Archerina: Uh, my hair isn’t gonna straighten itself. I have a job interview today and I need to look professional.

Queen Machina: I’d be more worried about your outfit than your hair.

King Mondo: At least this one’s looking for a job.

(On cue, Gasket walks in. He’s dressed in white boxers and an undershirt over his already welded on clothing His face buried in his phone.)

King Mondo: Boy, when are you gonna start contributing to his house?

Prince Gasket: What does it look like I’m doing? I’m running my start up.

King Mondo: What?

Prince Gasket: I made an app. It tells users if it’s dark outside.

King Mondo: …

Prince Sprocket: I have over 500,000,000 downloads. I just went public on Wall Street.

King Mondo: (Turns to Machina) Honestly, and you think my circuits are fried.

Krank: Well sire, i-if I could just jump in for a second with a bit of good news. It appears the ranger’s leader has left town. He’s on leave.

King Mondo: Is that right? That’s fantastic. Now’s a time to strike more than any. With the team short staffed, and ours… larger than I’d like… I say we go on a full-on assault with the rest of the weak links.

Prince Sprocket: Yeah!

Queen Machina: Marvelous.

King Mondo: (Turns to Gasket) Boy. You and your wife will take lead. It’s time to earn your keeps around here.

Archerina: Us?

Prince Gasket: (Shrugs) Might as well. My company just went out of business.

King Mondo: Excellent. And once the rangers are gone, I’ll have nobody to stop me from taking over earth!

(Meanwhile…)

“ Well lookie here…”

(Stationed in front of the parked RV, Rito Revolto looks on at what’s going on in Angel Grove from his sister’s telescope.)

Rito: Tommy’s gone. That guy was a pain. Sis is gonna love this.

(He turns around to go and find her.)

Rito: This outta get her out of her funk. She and Zedd have been slumming around in a time warp since getting kicked out their castle.

Rita: This is all your fault.

(She smashes a cowering Finster with her wand.)

Rita: And your fault.

(Then smashes a cowering Goldar with her wand.)

Rita: And... what?! Where’s Squatt and Baboo?!

Rito: Yo sis.

Rita: What is it? Can’t you see that I’m working?!

Rito: Red rangers gone.

Rita: What’s Jason’s gone?!

Rito: It’s 1997.

Rita: I don’t believe you.

Rito: No, I’m serious. It’s 97.

Rita: Move, nitwit!

(She pushes Rito over to get to her telescope. She indeed see’s Tommy shaking hands with Robbie as he readies to go.)

Rita: I don’t believe it. It’s true. After all these years of trying to get rid of him, Tommy just up and leaves.

Rito: And brown ranger’s running things now. Boy they must be desperate.

Rita: Zeddy! Zeddy get your pants on, it’s time to get to work.

(We return back to earth some hours later. It’s now mid-morning and Robbie, who appears to have been wandering aimlessly since leaving the shop finally returns home. With a look of exasperation comes over his eyes as he remembers the elevator are still broken. With a look of further dread, he is forced to trek back up the sixteen flights of concrete stairs. Eventually, he makes it and opens the door into his floor.)

Robbie: …

(No one is there this time to meet him this time’ unwitting that there ever was however. He enters his apartment which is dark and empty, illuminated only by the flashing green light of the answering machine. He pays it no mind as he heads for his bedroom. He flicks on the light and heads for his mirror, where he stands there rubbing his face for an inordinate amount of time, as if allowing everything he just experienced to sink in.)

Robbie: (Exhales) …

(He looks down on the counter and sees a framed picture of himself and Hannah. Without hesitation he picks it up and drops it in the trash. This cues a flashback to several hours earlier. Robbie had recently left Tommy and was headed home. It was still dark and dreary, but no longer actively raining, allowing for him to take some time to think about his conversation. That’s until he runs into his girlfriend turning the opposite corner after exiting a nearby police station.)

Robbie: Hannah?!

Hannah: Uh... hey. You're back so soon?

Robbie: What are doing in the projects? At this hour?

Hannah: Oh. Just decided to go for a walk.

(Thunder claps in the distance.)

Hannah: It's beautiful out.

Hannah: Wait, why are you walking? Where's my car?

Robbie: Oh. Um. Well...

Hannah: Where's my car?

Robbie: …Florida.

Hannah: Florida?!

Robbie: Yeah. She barely made it too.

Hannah: I don't believe you. I trusted you. And of all the states to lose my car in, it’s probably a meth den right now.

Robbie: Han, I can explain…

Hannah: What's there to explain? I let you borrow my car and you trashed it. This is totally unforgivable. My parents are gonna flip!

Robbie: I know, I’m sorry.

Hannah: I’m so glad I filed that report. I almost didn’t. I knew this was a mistake...

Robbie: Wait, you filed what?! You called the cops?

Hannah: Oh. Um. I’m sorry?

Robbie: You called the cops on me? Your brown boyfriend. You let me borrow the car, you know? Why do you think your car is wrecked, Hannah? I could've gotten shot.

(Realizing she made a fatal error, Hannah quickly tries to backtrack.)

Hannah: Well… thank goodness you're safe, baby. Come, let's not worry about that stupid car, I didn't buy it anyway.

(She tries to her hand around his arm, but he snaps away, simultaneous to another clap of thunder.)

Robbie: Get off me. This is unforgivable.

Hannah: …

Robbie: Of all the stupid, irresponsible, selfish things you've done. You could have gotten me killed.

Hannah: Look, let's not get carried away. I wronged you, you wronged me. In relationships we work through things like this.

Robbie: I don't think so. You don't work through this. This is disgusting. I can barely look at you right now. And to think I was even considering throwing my future away to follow you around like a lap dog.

(Reaching for one last hand in her bag of tricks, Hannah tries to turn the tables.)

Hannah: Oh is that you're attitude towards moving in with me?

Robbie: It is now.

Hannah: What, so you're breaking up with me? You wouldn't dare.

Robbie: ...what?

Hannah: (Grits teeth) Listen up Roberto Clemente and listen up good: I am the best thing you've got. And you know it. Following me to Syracuse is the closest you'll ever get to a college experience. Moving in with a beautiful, smart, caring girl like me? It'd be a privilege. Men would kill to be with a girl like me.

Hannah: Are you really gonna throw that away? Are you?

Hannah: Answer me!

(Moments later…)

Hannah: (Crying) I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME. I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING.

(Marching down the street to get away from her a hysterical Hannah follows behind, gripping her stomach.)

Hannah: PLEASE. STOP. I DON'T FEEL WELL.

Robbie: What now?

Hannah: …I THINK I'M GETTING AN ULCER.

(He rolls his eyes and keeps walking. She keeps following behind. Eventually they’re both forced to stop at a light.)

Hannah: PLEASE DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE.

(An elderly woman passed by while Robbie throws on his ear phones and tries to fidget with his Walkman despite his shaking hands preventing him.)

Hannah: I’M BEGGING YOU. PLEASE, ROBBIE PLEASE!! I’LL RIP MY OWN HEART OUT FOR YOU. PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME DO THAT!!!!

(The elderly woman stops in front of the two. She reaches into her shirt and pulls out a handkerchief.)

Elderly Woman: You deserve better.

(The woman passes her the handkerchief and walks off. Normally, this type of assumption would send Robbie flying into a rage, but in actually, through the turmoil of her hysterics, Robbie was finally at peace. We return from the flash back when Robbie notices the flashing green light from the answering machine in his room.)

[You have seventeen missed messages. First unheard message…]

“I can't believe you. I knew you would bail on me. My friends were right. God, my father's right. Now I have to face him?”

[Deleted]

“(Weeping) I can't believe it's gonna end this way after everything we've been through. I gave you everything. Everything. You were my first for everything. (Sniffs) ...non white.”

[Deleted]

“You know, this is all my fault really. I finally see it and I'm sorry. (Pause) I shouldn't have expected you to be able to handle me. I needed a man.”

[Deleted]

“Pick. Up. The phone. Stop ignoring me, coward. If you don't answer the phone, we’re definitely through.”

[Deleted]

“I LOVE YOU. I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.”

[Deleted]

(Noise. Sounds of ruffling about.)

“Hello? Are you there? I'm in a lot of pain. I don't know if I'm gonna make it...”

Robbie: (Rolls eyes) ...

“I feel weak. So... cold. (Sniffs) I just wanted to say before it's too late. That I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. You've meant so much to me and you still do. I've been selfish and you didn't deserve me toying with you. I know that now and I feel so stupid. Truth is I've always pictured you in my head when I pictured my future. You and you're cute butt. I just wanna...”

[Deleted.]

Robbie: She'll say whatever it takes I guess.

(Not wanting to stay home where he’d likely have to sit through several more calls, he grabs his keys again and heads out the door. A little later, we find Rocky and his girlfriend Jenny walking towards the Youth Center from the hallway.)

Rocky: So, have you heard from any colleges yet?

Jenny: No.

Rocky: What? Why not?

Jenny: Cause I dropped out? You?

Rocky: I don’t know yet. My dad went to Yale so maybe I have a shot at getting in as legacy.

Jenni: Your dad went to Yale?!

Rocky: That’s what he said. Or was it jail? He has such a thick accent.

Jenni: (Laughs) Well if that’s the case, I’ll probably catch you around campus.

(Rocky laughs, but clearly doesn’t get it.)

Rocky: (Looks inside) Oh gosh.

Jenni: What’s wrong?

Rocky: My exe girlfriend is here?

Jenni: Who, Adam?

Rocky: No. Wait, huh?

Jenni: I’m just saying, the way he looks at me when I’m with you. I’m starting to wonder what the long hair is really about.

Rocky: No. I mean Hillary.

Jenni: You mean one of the preps? You dated one of them. You?

Rocky: Yeah.

(Jenny looks in and finds Hillary stretching in yoga outfit while sipping on brand name water that she sits on a table next to a bottle of floor cleaner that Ernie is using to mop the floors with.)

Jenni: Ugh. Which one is she again?

Rocky: She’s the smart one.

(Jenny doesn’t break eye contact as Hillary reaches for the wrong bottle and takes a huge swig without flinching.)

Jenni: Clearly.

Rocky: We should go.

Jenni: What do you mean? I work here. I can’t just go.

Rocky: Well I can’t be here. My lover, my exe lover in one room? Dueling for my heart. It’s too much to bear.

Jenni: I think you’ll be fine. Besides. If my bands not getting their big break anytime soon, I got pay rent somehow.

(She playfully punches his arm then walks in toward the backroom.)

Rocky: But… you’re living in my attic.

(Further inside, Jason is seen working a punching bag while Billy spots him.)

Billy: I think you need a break.

Jason: I think I’m fine.

Billy: I don’t think you should overexert. You’re already sweating buckets.

Jason: That’s how I know it’s working. Let’s go.

(As Jason returns to his aggressive pounding, Kat and Tanya enter from the front.)

Tanya: You got this girl.

Katherine: (Exhales) Thank you. I think I do.

Tanya: Just remember I'm here for you. You're not alone.

Katherine: I appreciate that.

(Kat looks around briefly before her face turns sour.)

Katherine: I don't see him anywhere.

Tanya: It’s okay. He’ll turn up.

(Tanya guides Kat over to a table where Adam and Rocky are already stationed. And from the sounds of their conversation it appears Adam had something to say about Rocky’s girlfriend.)

Rocky: What’s your deal with her, man?

Adam: Nothing.

Rocky: Doesn’t sound like nothing. Jenny doesn’t even think you like her.

Adam: Jenny’s astute.

Rocky: Wrong again. Jenny’s a drop out.

Adam: Astute. Not a… Look, I’m just saying. You don’t need to do all this for her. Frankly I don’t think she feels as strongly for you as you do for her. And honestly, I think you deserve better than that.

Rocky: Like who?

(Just then, Hillary crashes off her treadmill causing a huge ruckus. She quickly tries to recover and play it off. Neither Adam or Rocky pay much mind to it.)

Adam: I don’t know. But a better girl for you is out there.

Tanya: What's going on now, you two?

Rocky: Adam's suggesting that Jenny's manipulating me.

Adam: No I'm telling him she's manipulating you.

Rocky: Then he is suggesting she's manipulating me.

Katherine: Will you two ever give it a rest?

Adam: Geez. What's bugging you?

Katherine: Nothing. You guys haven't seen Tommy around, have you?

Rocky: Not since we left him in Florida. Why?

Katherine: I just... I wanted to talk to him.

Adam: Oh no. Don't tell me you haven't let that go? Didn't you learn anything from yesterday?

Tanya: Is there any relationship you don't get involved in, Adam?

Adam: ...

Katherine: Actually, I want to... come clean to Tommy about how I've been feeling towards him. Apologize for allowing that to cloud my judgement and tell him I'm going to put it behind me and focus on just being colleagues.

Tanya: And tell him he probably couldn't handle all this anyway.

Rocky: Handle what? I don't see anything.

Katherine: ...

Tanya: We're just gonna wait for him to show.

Adam: Well I'm glad you're making the right choice. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Rocky: Especially not since it drove her to nearly kill us all.

Katherine: Yeah. Thank goodness Robbie was there to stop us in time. He’s really been there a lot for us lately.

Tanya: Yeah. Let’s just hope that remains the case.

Rocky: What do you mean?

Tanya: Well, we’re not sure. But we think he’s planning to move to New York after graduation.

Rocky: New York? But the women don’t wear bras there.

Tanya: Shh. He’s here…

(Right on cue, a bedraggled looking Robbie walks in. Jason, who was going full throttle on the punching bag, immediately stops, then gestures Billy’s to join the others at the table.)

Jason: Hey Rob.

Robbie: Hey.

Jason: What's going on?

Robbie: Uh. Not much.

Jason: I bet.

Katherine: Have you seen Tommy around?

Robbie: Uh yeah. I just spoke to him.

Katherine: You did?

Robbie: Yeah, you actually just missed him. He's leaving town for a bit.

Rocky: What?

Tanya: You're kidding.

Katherine: ...

Robbie: Nope. He needs time to clear his head so he's taking an indefinite hiatus.

Katherine: (Weakly) Wow.

Adam: I don't believe this.

Tanya: I guess his talk with Kim didn't go well?

Robbie: I'd say not.

Billy: So what’s gonna happen to the team? Who's leader?

Robbie: You're... looking at him.

Rocky: What?!

Adam: Now this I don't believe. Why not Jason?

Jason: Zordon and I agreed it made the most sense. We don't know when I'd have to give my powers up, and no one else has been around as long as Rob.

Billy: (Shrugs) I suppose the rationale is sound.

Jason: But do you think you're up for it?

Robbie: (Exhales) Good question. I guess?

Rocky: Will the training schedule change at all?

Robbie: There is no training schedule. Tommy hasn't held trainings in months.

Rocky: I know, so is that gonna change?

Robbie: I... I don't know yet. I'm still just processing this. I'm gonna need some time to settle in before I decide anything.

Billy: Fair enough.

Tanya: Well whatever happens, we're all behind you 100%.

Jason: Ditto.

Billy: Affirmative.

Adam: Yeah, just don't get us killed.

Robbie: I won't but keep talking, Adam. I hear there’s another peace conference coming.

Tanya: C'mon guys, shakes for the new captain. On us.

(Slowly, everyone gets up to leave but Jason and Robbie. The former, staring a hole through the more evasive latter.)

Jason: I'll ask again. You sure you're up for this?

Robbie: Um… no.

Jason: ...

Robbie: But what choice did I have? Zordon really laid it on heavy.

Jason: Yeah. He does that. I'd call it Jewish guilt but...

Robbie: I mean, I guess how difficult could it be really? Tommy sure didn’t make it seem that hard. The notes he gave me still has Aisha on the team.

Jason: Well, clearly Tommy’s been going through a rough time. But being leader is more than just standing in the front of the line. There’s a lot that goes into it.

Robbie: Yeah, I get it. There’re tough decisions that got to be made in battle.

Jason: Not only that, but before the battle you gotta make sure the guys are ready and they count on you. (Clears throat) You gotta make sure they’re trained but not overworked or worrying about petty personal dramas. Sometimes you’re a leader, sometimes you’re a pastor or a therapist.

Jason: There’s a lot of managing personalities. Why do you think my team was always playing volleyball in the park, or joining broom ball leagues?

Robbie: Cause you guys were corn balls?

Jason: Morale, my friend. Those things were for morale.

Robbie: I see. Are you… upset you weren’t asked?

Jason: (Clears throat again) Not at all. I mean, I get it. At any moment Trey can come back and want his powers back. But even so, I’m enjoying this “extra ranger” role so much more. I literally do the least amount of work, and yet everyone thinks I’m the coolest. And did you know they make a song about you?

Robbie: Yeah, I’ve heard.

Jason: And with Sam in my life now. I don’t know, I kinda just want to stick to this role and enjoy the best of both worlds. Besides, you deserve this.

Jason: You’ve worked hard to get to where you are. (Clears throat.) You’ve proven yourself to be a true ranger. A real lifer.

(Those last words trigger a less than enthused response from Robbie, though he doesn’t verbalize anything as Jason continues.)

Jason: And as a former leader, and your friend, I’d be glad to help you however I can.

(Despite his mixed feelings, he appreciates the support.)

Robbie: Thanks man.

(Just then, almost aptly timed, their communicators ring.)

Jason: …

(Fast forward to a few moments later, the rangers, now morphed, find themselves in a quarry. They find their targets up ahead.)

Tanya: Look! Cogs!

Katherine: I don't see a monster anywhere, it’s just them.

Jason: This could be a warm up for whatever they have planned.

Robbie: We take no chances. Let's junk these lemons!

(On Robbie’s cue they charge forward. The cogs follow suit as they clash at the center. Robbie ducks a spin kick from the lead enemy. It recovers and runs toward Tanya. Those two trade kicks before Tanya get knocked away. Adam dives in to her rescue and trades punches until he's yanked away by others. Rocky lunges behind the original cog from behind for a take down but is countered and tossed aside. That’s when Kat cartwheels from out of nowhere and hits a right chop that short circuits the enemy and takes it down.)

Katherine: Hyaa!

(Meanwhile, Jason waste no time with the rest of the horde burns through them like a blaze in a forest. “Go Gold Ranger” blaring in the background as he tears through an assembly line of enemies throwing themselves at him to be discarded. Until suddenly something happens.)

Jason: Man... What’s happening?

(With no apparent trigger, only a momentary pause, Jason begins to look winded. His hits start landing with less impact, until the Cogs are able to regain footing and overwhelm him. His blaze quickly flickers out as he finds himself being tossed around inside a circle of enemies.)

Robbie: Jason!

(With the others freed, Robbie directs the others to the gold ranger. They quickly rush over; each grab an enemy and make short work of them. The remaining cogs, then flee into a black hole, with their broken peers soon following behind. With the threat gone, their focus onto an ailing Gold Ranger.)

Robbie: Are you okay Jase?

Jason: Yeah… I just feel jittery for some reason. Like I had too much coffee. But tired at the same time. It's weird.

Robbie: That is weird.

Tanya: Well I don't see anything else around here. This may have been it.

Robbie: Alright. Break you guys. Jason, you might want to get to bed early tonight.

Jason: (Salutes) Sir, yes sir.

Tanya: Well, looks like you made it Robbie.

Adam: Yeah. You got us through our first fight with all of us still alive. More or less.

Robbie: Sure, was easy enough, I guess.

Jason: Now you just gotta file the report.

Robbie: Report?

Jason: Yep. There's lots of paperwork when you're the leader. How do you think we get paid?

Robbie: You mean we get paid?

(A few hours pass and eventually, Robbie returns home. After filing case reports and a debriefing at the power chamber, it’s now night time and Robbie’s ready to crash after a long and restless two nights. He kicks off his shoes and throws on a more loose-fitting shirt. As he throws his worn shirt on his bed, it flies over his opened bag, reminding him that in addition to all his new responsibilities, he’s still a student that has work due.)

Robbie: (Sighs) …

(And so the eternal juggle of a leader goes, Robbie throws on a pot of coffee and parks himself in front of his home PC to get to work. On his home screen his messenger app opens automatically, and something catches his eye.)

(User name “TeenyTrini” springs to the top of his friends list of active users. He takes a long, meaningful look; as if applying far too much meaning to the word “Available” under her name. After brief hesitation, Robbie hovers his browser over her name then clicks on it. And after some more mental self-coaching, his fingers slowly meet the keyboard here he begins to type. However, his train of thought gets quickly derailed when a chat notification rings.)

QueenBee79 - rOBBIE

Robbie: Huh?

QueenBee79 - I NO U PROBALY DON’T WANT TO TALK TOME RITE. BUT PLZ TALK 2 ME.

QueenBee79 - KNOW*

Robbie: (Sighs) …

QueenBee79 - i FEEL HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW. I CNT BLIEVE THIS IS HOW UR TREATING ME.

QueenBee79 – I CNT BELIEVE UR JUST GONNA DROP ME LIKE NOTHING. LEIK I NVR MATTERED. AFTER ALL WE’VE DONE. U ACT LIKE I DON’T EXIST?

(Moments pass without a response from Robbie, who just looks to see how far she’ll go without prompting. She begins typing again.)

QueenBee79 – U LEAVE ME NO CHOICE.

[QueenBee79 is typing]

QueenBee79 – I’LL CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT ME UNTIL U LOVE ME AGAIN.

(Robbie blocks QueenBee79. He then throws his face over his palms, exacerbated, wondering how he’s ever gonna weather this storm while learning to lead a team and still managing to get his work done. Before he can think much further though, he hears another notification.)

GLITTERGURLXoXo – I HVE LIKE TEN ACCOUNTS, ROBBIE.

[‘GLITTERGURLXoXo is typing’]

GLITTERGURLXoXo – pLZ. JUST LISTEN TO THE SONG BLEEDING LOVE. iT’S HOW I’VE BEEN FEELING SINCE YOU LEFT.

GLITTERGURLXoXo – U MEAN SO MUCH TO ME. I’LL DIE WITHOUT YOU. I’VE NVR LOVED ANOTHER RICNA LIKE I LOVE YOU.

Robbie: “Ricna?”

GLITTERGURLXoXo– NON-AMERICAN*

(After rolling his eyes, Robbie blocks GLITTERGURL79. Without missing a beat though, he gets another notification.)

HMT_Fasionista – Okay. I get it. I deserved that.

HMT_Fasionista – I get what I did was totally unforgivable. I was so obsessed with my own baggage and on whether or not I could trust you that I lost sight of how I destroyed your trust. I get it. Just know how awful I feel for what I’ve done for you. I’m not asking for your forgiveness, but know that I will always love and cherish the time we spent together. I became a better woman while with you. You will always be my monkey. Even if you hate my guts.

(Strangely lucid, Robbie wonders if this is even from the same person. She continues.)

HMT_Fasionista – If this is goodbye, then goodbye Robbie. But if there’s still any part of you that care about me, may I ask that you just keep one last promise to me?

(Hesitantly, Robbie begins to type back.)
ForeverBrown69 - What’s that?

[HMT_Fashionista is typing.]

QueenBee79 - PLZ dONT SHARE THOSE PICS I SNT U.

(He blocks her one last time, then decides it’s enough work for one day and shuts his computer off. He then slams his head on the keyboard in frustration.)

Katherine: Robbie?

Robbie: What?

(Katherine meekly peeks her head into his room, but detects the annoyance in his tone and second guesses her decision.)

Katherine: I’m sorry… is now a bad time?

Robbie: …No.

Katherine: Are you sure? I can come back.

Robbie: No, it’s okay. Come in.

(Slowly, she enters. She sits across from him on the corner of his bed. Then with almost no set up, as if this had been stewing in her head all day, she gets right into it mid-thought.)

Katherine: I just... I know I should just be happy being friends with him and not to interfere but I can’t get Tommy out of my head.

Robbie: ...hmm.

Katherine: I wanted to tell him how I felt. Then I wanted to tell him I was gonna get over him. I had this big moment mapped out in my head. Ending with me conquering my demon. And he just leaves town without saying goodbye.

Katherine: I mean it's one thing if he left town right after Kimberly broke up with him. But he was clearly here first. And he only spoke to one person? Doesn't he know what he means to people?

Robbie: Kat...

Katherine: I just don't get him. Does he not see how much I care about him? I could have been there for him and he acts like I’m not even there half the time. It’s so frustrating.

(Her voice echoes off the walls of the otherwise silent bedroom. Robbie, at a loss for the right words and frankly still frustrated and sleep deprived, says the first thing that comes to his head.)

Robbie: Kat... I gotta say. I have no clue what you see in him.

Katherine: Excuse me?

Robbie: Look, I don’t get it. What’s the appeal? The blow-dried hair? The self-aggrandizing? The expressionless stare when he tries to show emotion? What drives you crazy about him?

Katherine: Maybe I should talk to someone else.

(She starts to get up, but realizing he’s overstepping for a person in his new poaition, he stops her.)

Robbie: Wait. My point is, I think you’re a great girl. And you deserve someone who’s gonna appreciate that.

(Surprised, she sits back down.)

Katherine: You… really think that?

Robbie: I do. You’re a gorgeous woman with a huge heart. And that accent?

Katherine: (Laughs) My accent…?

Robbie: To tell you the truth, if I weren’t drowning in my own girl problems, I likely would’ve made a pass at you by now.

Katherine: And I would’ve had to shoot you down. (Sniffs) But thank you. Robbie. That’s very sweet.

Robbie: You’ll find somebody. Somebody that makes you happy. Just don’t get caught up in one guy.

Katherine: I won’t. Promise. And for the record, Zordon was spot on in choosing you. I gotta say I definitely feel safe with you at the helm.

Robbie: (Grins) Thanks Kat.

(And just then, their communicators ring again.)

(Moments later, a now morphed Robbie, Kat and the others find themselves in the park facing a new, yet familiar enemy.)

Katherine: What?!

Tanya: What are these things?

Robbie: Tengas...

(A horde of Tengas flock about in front of them to their surprise.)

Rocky: What are Tengas doing here?

Jason: Looks like Rita and Zedd got the memo that Tommy's gone. They may be testing your leadership, Rob.

Robbie: Alright guys, you heard him. Don't embarrass me here.

“Right!”

(As the rangers prepare to do battle once again, Mondo looks on, displeased by what he sees.)

King Mondo: What’s this?! The rangers are out again…

Prince Gasket: And? Isn’t fighting them until they’re worn out all part of your plan?

King Mondo: Yes, but they are not fighting my monsters….

(Gasket looks over the balcony and takes a look for himself.)

Prince Gasket: So I see.

(Back on earth, the rangers make quick work of the Tenga Warriors, splitting them up into small groups and out classing them with superior quickness, strength and stamina. The old foot soldiers simply don’t match up to anymore as before long, the last one is soundly defeated. Those left standing soar away.)

Rocky: That’s all of them.

Robbie: Alright. Great job everyone. Sort of.

(He turns to a Tanya with a disapproving stare.)

Tanya: Hey, I thought swatting them with a paper would have done the job. I had no clue they could fly. That scared the crap out of me.

Robbie: ...they’re birds, not cockroaches.

(Tanya shrugs.)

Robbie: Alright, we'll go over them again during simulations in our training next weekend. We should be prepared for any monster Mondo or Zedd throw at us.

(He senses disinterests in his proposal, then adjusts.)

Robbie: Then maybe... a volleyball tournament after. Where no one loses?

Rocky: Yeah!

Katherine: Great idea Robbie.

Tanya: Sounds good.

Robbie: Good. Break everyone. Power up.

“Power up!”

(Adam, Tanya, Kat and Rocky teleport away simultaneously, leaving Robbie behind oddly pleased with himself as he stares off into the distance.)

Robbie: You know Jase, I gotta say. It may be the lack of sleep, but I think I'm starting to get into the swing of this.

Robbie: Jase?

(He turns around to find Jason collapsed on the floor, de-morphed and unresponsive.)

(Meanwhile, back on the moon.)

King Mondo: I don’t believe this. It looks like Rita and Zedd are at it again. Didn’t they get the message when we blasted them out of their own homes?!

Prince Gasket: Apparently not. In fact, the moment you were defeated those two tried to swoop in to take out Sprocket and ma. They’re snakes. They’ll never go away, they’re just waiting for their opportunity to strike.

King Mondo: Then I must say, it was good to have you there to protect them, boy.

Prince Gasket: (Nods) …th-thank you, father.

King Mondo: They are indeed snakes. But you’re wrong. They shall be taken care of. And you will do it.

Prince Gasket: …

King Mondo: I want you to go down there, and end the rangers like I know you can. And if Zedd, Rita or any of their lackeys or clay fodder get involved, I want you to skin them alive and wear them on your feet like the pathetic garden snakes they are.

Prince Gasket: (Bows) As you wish, father.

(Without another word, Gasket vanishes.)

King Mondo: That’s my boy.

(Mondo grins proudly to himself, but finds Machina beaming from the corner.)

King Mondo: Ehrm. I mean, that boy better not screw up. I’ve had it with him.

(Back on earth, Robbie has rushed Jason back to the power chamber where he’s returned to consciousness. Still, visibly weak, he’s undergoing a battery of tests by Alpha and Billy.)

Robbie: Zordon, what’s going on with Jason? Do you have any idea?

Zordon: It is as I feared, Robbie.

Zordon: I had hoped this wouldn’t be the case but it appears the gold ranger powers are beginning to reject its host.

Robbie: “Reject its host?”

Billy: The powers were specifically designed for alien physiology. And since Jason is not a Triforian, the powers assume hostility and are beginning to destroy him with each morph.

Jason: (Dry coughs) …

Robbie: Great. This is just great.

Jason: Don’t worry about this man, I’m still here if you… need me.

Robbie: Don’t be stupid. You’re not killing yourself.

Jason: No. Sometimes you just gotta take ris-

Robbie: You’re not killing yourself. Not on my first week. Drop dead on your own time.

Robbie: (Exhales) You’ve helped enough. I need you to take care of yourself now.

Jason: You got it, bro. I mean, boss.

(That word still sounds foreign to him. It’s a word he thought he’d never be fit for, and yet, without notice, it’s become his entire life. We return home, Robbie enters his apartment door. It’s empty, but this time likely because the girls are in bed. There’s mail on the counter atop a box of pizza.)

Robbie: (Gasps) …

(He notices the envelope is from a college he applied to and quickly reaches over to rip it open. He doesn’t take a long look at it though, and his expression never changes before he throws it in the trash. As he opens the box of pizza and grabs a cold slice, he wonders how Tommy didn’t lose his mind sooner. It’s been one day, and his priorities shifted mightily, to where now he’s worried about his friends lives. There is no way he can focus on school work, and from the looks of his college approval process, it doesn’t look like it matters anyway. So instead, he rips off his pants and throws himself onto the couch and gazes off to silence his mind.)

Wonders if this will be his life. He finds an envelope from a college. Opens. Blank then tosses it out. Finds pizza with a note from the girls. It’s cold but he takes it. Turns on the TV.)

“In entertainment news, LL Cool J is said to be working on a concept album, in which he explores what the world might look like if he put a shirt on.”

(Not focused on anything being said however, he instead just focuses on the scroll on the bottom third on the screen and starts mindlessly reading it outloud.)

Robbie: “Mayor facing pressure on budget amid threats of teacher walkout * Master Batters to relocate? Plans for new stadium by 2003 * Robbie plz this is ridiculous I kno ur there plz pick up ur phone - Hannah* President Clinton visiting injured troops today…” (Groans) ARG. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

(Furiously, he shuts off the TV and throws the remote across the room. Leaving him alone in the darkness. But not for long as there’s a loud bang on the door.)

Robbie: (Groans) …

(Without invitation, Adam walks in with Rocky trailing behind him.)

Adam: Hey. Why… are you in your underwear?

Robbie: Why… are barging into my house?

Adam: I just need you to sort something out for us. As leader.

Robbie: (Sighs) Do I have to?

Adam: Is it what you signed up for?

Rocky: Adam swears Jenny is just looking for a weak-willed boyfriend with a place to stay that she'll ditch the moment it's no longer convenient.

Adam: I’m right, right?

Rocky: It’s not true. I asked her.

Robbie: And?

Rocky: She's actually not a fan of labels and doesn't want to call me boyfriend.

Adam: (Sighs) ...you see what I'm dealing with?

Rocky: She’s just a postmodern struggling artist who doesn’t like labels. You mistake her eccentricities as manipulation.

Adam: She’s a hack. She’s not even a real artist. Have you heard her songs? They're just rewrites of already existing songs.

Rocky: Oh yeah? Have you heard the new song she’s working on called "About a boy?" I'm the boy! What other band wrong that?

Adam: Um, Nirvana? She just changed the word girl with boy.

Rocky: Oh yeah, well your parents changed the word girl with boy!

Adam: Who told you that joke? There’s no way you came up with that.

Robbie: Alright I've heard enough. Both of you out. I don't care about any of this. Get out of my house. I'm off the clock.

Adam: Excuse me. A leader is never off the clock.

Robbie: And you would know, how?

Robbie: Fine. You want my honest opinion? Do I think Rocky and Jen are gonna live happily ever after? No. But is it your business to get involved? Hell no. We don’t all follow your cookie cutter template to life, Adam. Some of us will wander and some of us will make mistakes. And we don’t need people like you to hold us by the hand to get out, we’re just gonna need to figure it out.

Rocky: ...

Robbie: Some of us wind up with girls we shouldn't be with cause we blew it with the ones we were supposed to end up with. Some of us might not have a future or go to college cause it took most of high school to realize we were worth a crap. Either way it's not for people like you to look down on us and judge so just back off.

Adam: Uh. I didn't say anything about Rocky's future.

Rocky: Yeah. I'm going to college.

Robbie: ...just get out. Both of you.

(Once again, the communicators ring…)

Robbie: (Sighs)...

(Within moments again, the rangers are back on the beat, morphed. They find themselves surrounding a dark wooded area.)

Robbie: Zordon said it should be around here.

Tanya: I don’t see anything.

Adam: Do you guys know if Jason’s coming?

Robbie: No. He’s not.

Katherine: What? What’s wrong with him?

Robbie: He’s uh… DUCK!!

(His instincts kick in and he lunges forward as something barely misses Katherine’s head. An arrow pierces through a tree, nearly making its way completely through.)

Archerina: Hello boys.

Robbie: Guess I'll finish my story later.

Rocky: Good. Cause I wanna hear more about Jason turning into a duck.

Archerina: Kat, Tanya, aren’t you gonna introduce me to your friends?

Katherine: Robbie, guys. This is Archerina. She'll rip your soul away and make you her puppet; completely incapable of making your own decisions.

Archerina: And that's just my husband!

Tanya: She's one of Mondo’s new goons. She's pretty high ranking.

Robbie: Well I don't care what she is. Let's send this strangely erotic children's villain back to Japan where I assume she's from.

"Right."

(Meanwhile...)

Krank: Around and around and away we goooooo!

(From a distance, Krank takes the tiny Orbus and from a chain on his back swings him over his head before chucking him toward onto Archerina. Orbus fires a laser into an open socket, causing her to tremor as she grows into a massive size. The rangers look up as their problems get significantly worse.)

Katherine: Wow.

Robbie: I know. You see the cleavage on that thing?

Katherine: Robbie...

Robbie: Right. We got our work cut out for us guys but as long as we got the numbers she should go down easier than in the fanfiction she's depicted in.

(That being said...)

Rita and Zedd: With the power and force of thunder make our Goldar grooow!

(Rita and Zedd combine their wands, emitting a dark energy that streams directly to earth. It strikes Goldar, who grows to the size of a skyscraper.)

Goldar: Gyahahaha!

Robbie: Crap.

Oh no.

Archerina: What is he doing? He's ruining our plan.

Goldar: Your plan? You've got nothing on our plan sister.

Adam: Now what? We're outnumbered.

Rocky: We're gonna need double Zord power for this one.

Tanya: Double Zords?

Rocky: Adam, me and Rocky will take the Super Zeo Zords. I need you to pilot the Zeo Zords with Tanya and Kat.

Robbie: Can I trust you not let me down or let this get to your head?

Adam: I won't. You can count on me.

Robbie: Good. Then we need Zeo Megazord power, now!

(Robbie summons the Zeo Zords, who race through the snowy mountains and into battle. Simultaneously, the Super Zeo Zords blast out of a cannon nearby. They soar into action as the rangers leap into their assigned Zord.)

Adam: Let’s put em together guys, power up!

Robbie: Super Zeo Megazord sequence, power up!

(The chains suddenly are released, the Taurus retracts within itself becoming the legs. The Sphinx does the same but splits outwards, becoming the torso and arms. The Taurus combines with the Sphinx, who then combine with the battle tanks that make the feet. The Phoenix finally lands on top as the head.)

Archerina: In position…

(Close by, the Super Zeo Zords come together in mid-air they commence the next step of their transformation. The red Super Zeo Zord tucks in its head and limbs to become the torso. The pink becomes the feet, the blue is the waist, the green is the leg and the yellow becomes the arms and the head. At once, they drop to the surface, with all pieces falling into perfect place and forming, the Super Zeo Megazord.)

Goldar: And now!

Adam: Zeo Zords power up!

“I think not!”

Adam: Huh?

Robbie: What’s going on?!

(Unexpectedly, Rito appears in Adam's cockpit, Gasket appears inside Robbie’s.)

Rito: Get out of here. You're being commandeered. I used to be a cop, you know.

Rocky: Wha- Rito?!

(A ruckus breaks out inside both cockpits, visible from the outside as both heads start rocking violently. Before long, both cockpits vacate, with the rangers spilling out and landing hard to the ground.)

Katherine: UGH.

Robbie: AHHHHHH!!!

Tanya: Oh no. What's happening?!

Rocky: Robbie, you okay?

(Looking to have landed awkwardly, Robbie favors his left elbow.)

Katherine: Are you okay? Can you move it?

Robbie: I… I don’t think so.

Tanya: Do you need Alpha to look at this? Maybe you should sit this out.

Robbie: I’m fine. I’m more worried about the Zord’s. They have our Zords.

Prince Gasket: You stole our idea!

(Gasket begins speaking at Goldar and Rito using the Zord’s arms to emote.)

Rito: Well you stole our home!

Archerina: You'll pay for this!

(Archerina reaches for her bow and fires an arrow at Goldar, barely missing as he rolls out of the way. Goldar recovers, unsheathes his sword and lunges at her. Meanwhile the two Megazords go at it. The Zeo Megazord lands a right to the Super Zeo Megazord, who then responds in kind. The two Zords trade blows, neither wavering and sparks raining everywhere. The rangers all the while, in the awkward position of standing in the sidelines watching their two, Zords, piloted by rival factions, beating each other up.)

Robbie: Well, I'm sure not putting this in the report.

Katherine: What do we do now, Robbie? They have our Zords. Once they realize they're stronger together we'll be destroyed.

Robbie: (Sighs) I'm not sure.

Adam: You're not sure?! With all respects we can’t afford you to not be sure right now.

(From the power chamber, Zordon, Alpha, Billy and Jason look on with bated breath.)

Katherine: Oh. What would Tommy do right now?

Robbie: Cry and go speak to his therapist?

Rocky: Well, can Jason help right now.

Robbie: (Shakes head) I'd rather he not. He's losing his powers right now... wait... that's it!

Adam: What's it?

Robbie: (Reaches for communicator) Billy, you in?

Billy: Affirmative.

Robbie: Cut the power to the Zords. Send a false warning message into the cockpit. We're about to take back our Zords.

Billy: Right away.

Prince Gasket: Take this!

(Gasket orders the Super Zeo to swing its blade at original Zord, dealing heavy damage.)

Rito: No, take this!!

(Undeterred, The Zeo Megazord summons its blade and returns the favor.)

Prince Gasket: Take this!

(Super Zeo strikes the chest yet again, this time producing fire and black smoke that pours out of the Zeo Megazords chest.)

Rito: Oh yeah? Is that the best you got? I need Titanus and the- Er, I mean Pyramidas and the… huh?

(Suddenly the cockpit goes dark. Both of them.)

Prince Gasket: What?

Rito: What's going on?

(They both try and jiggle the controls but those seem to have been severed too. The unexpectedly, the alarms blare.)

"Self-destruct sequence initiated."

Rito: What?!

Prince Gasket: You don't say... touché rangers.

"Self-Destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2..."

Rito: I'm outta heere!

(Both Rito and Gasket leap out before the count of one.)

Robbie: Now!

(At once, the rangers return to their cockpit, sure to lock the door behind them.)

Rito: What?

Prince Gasket: They tricked us!

Rito: They tricked you. I just followed what you did.

Adam: Alright!

Robbie: Back in control.

Archerina: Huh?

Goldar: I knew I should’ve been the one in the Zord.

Archerina: No matter. (Turns to Robbie) Cause you’re still nothing but a substitute leader facing off against two of the galaxies leading warriors.

Goldar: (Turns to Robbie) Hehe. That’s right…

(Finally thinking it best to team up against the rangers, Archerina and Goldar march toward their targets.)

Robbie: Adam, take Goldar. I’ll take Archerina.

Adam: Right.

(One arm and all, Robbie leads the march forward, blades equipped. Super Zeo swings at Archerina, misses as she ducks, eats a kick that knocks it backwards. In a swift motion she re-quipped her bow and arrow and fires three shots that hit dead on; with Robbie feeling every shot from inside.)

Robbie: Arg.

Rocky: You okay, Rob?

Robbie: Yeah. Peachy.

(Goldar lunges through the Zeo Zord landing several strikes with his sword, but gets his last one blocked before his sword gets broken in two with a single chop.)

Goldar: What?!

(Archerina leaps into the air and tries to capitalize on the wounded pilot, but Super Zeo ducks backwards as she flies by. She lands on her feet and is greeted by a punch in the face.)

Archerina: Oof!

Robbie: Haha. Only need one hand to do that.

(The blow knocks her backwards as she falls into Goldar.)

Goldar: Hey, get off me, woman!

Adam: Now’s our chance, Rob.

Robbie: Right. I need Pyramidas and the power of the Ultrazord.

(Through the darkness, Pyramidas appears. It stops at a distance, energizes then expands. Legs appear from the front, arms rise from the side. As it lifts itself upright, a head appears on top. The behemoth Zord’s back then opens up, allowing the Zeo Megazord to fit inside of it, piece by piece. The Super Zeo Megazord then rises, then rests on top, both arms pointing forward, over the shoulders of Pyramidas like cannons. The new combination dwarfs the two warriors in size and troubles the other two warriors on the ground.)

Rito: Uh oh.

Prince Gasket: Archy, no! I’ve got to stop this!

(Gasket runs off, leaving Rito to cry out for his ally.)

Rito: Now's our cue, Goldy. Get out!

Goldar: Duh... I left the dryer on. I mean the door open. I mean my kids don’t have a sitter!

Rito: No one cares about that schtick, just go!

“FIRE.

Goldar: This isn't over!

(On the ranger’s command, an epic stream of firepower is unleashed from the Ultrazord, pointed right at Archerina.)

Archerina: …

Prince Gasket: ARCHY NO!!!

(At the last second, a suddenly giant Gasket dives in front of his bride and eats the blast. The result is an explosion so big, that he is completely engulfed in the bright light and then simply disappears when the cloud settles. There is no remaining core, no pathway to reconstruction. Gasket is gone. Reduced to nothingness. Back on the moon…)

King Mondo: I don't believe this.

Queen Machina: NOOO! My boy! My only boy!

Prince Sprocket: Hey!

Queen Machina: Sorry, my oldest boy! Whhhhhhyyyyy.

(From the back, a sullen Archerina appears. Slowly making her way forward. Mondo turns around as she approaches. She leans in for a hug, which Mondo accepts.)

Archerina: (Sniffs) …

King Mondo: We shall make them pay for what they’ve done.

Archerina: I hope so!

King Mondo: They shall rue the day they ever laid hands on my boy. Let them celebrate this small victory. For they have only succeeded in bringing this family together. And together, we shall be unstoppable.

Archerina: …family?

Queen Machina: Family.

(Machina joins in for a group hug. Feeling left out, Sprocket trails behind and throws himself into the mix.)

Prince Sprocket: “Family…”

(Finally, back at the power chamber…)

Zordon: Good work today rangers. Not only did you thwart two simultaneous attacks from two different factions but you defeated one of the Empires top ranking official, no doubt setting them back.

Billy: It's all thanks to the new leader. You never wavered. Even with a broken arm.

(Uncomfortable with so much praise he Robbie just awkwardly smiles and waves. His free hand occupied as it rubs the left arm that’s now in a sling.)

Alpha: Just keep it elevated, Robbie. You should be back at the helm in a few weeks.

Robbie: Great.

Katherine: How did it feel leading the team? Were you scared?

Robbie: (Sighs) I don't think so. The actual job itself is pretty much the same as I've been doing for years with an added layer. Its second nature by now.

Tanya: You hear that he's a natural.

Billy: This could even be a sign of things to come. You might even find yourself as leader of the next generation of rangers piloting giant cars around Angel Grove.

Robbie: I don’t know. That sounds awful.

Zordon: Well either way good job on the first day. You were certainly put to the test and you passed with flying colors.

Robbie: Thanks. I'm just glad I can help however I can.

(The rest of the team stares excitedly, anticipating a big, memorable speech.)

Robbie: If you don't mind, I'm gonna go lay down.

Katherine: Oh.

Tanya: Of course.

Rocky: Yeah. You've had a long day.

Jason: You deserve it.

Robbie: Right. Thanks guys.

(So Robbie does go home. And finally, he can relax. It may have taken breaking his arm to gain the security that he won’t be called back into action, but finally, he can destress. The first thing he does upon entering his room is throwing himself onto his bed. He doesn’t bother to get more comfortable, or even take his shoes off. He just collapses hoping to get some sleep.)

(Only, that sleep doesn’t come immediately. His mind continues to wander, as if he somehow too tired to go to sleep. Finally idle, he begins to reflect on the past two days. He’s able to unpack the huge changes that have suddenly and drastically altered the course of his life. The relationship that ended, the dreaded future with her that never was. The exit from a team that will not be and instead, he finds himself further entrenched within it.)

Robbie: Hmm…

(He’s unable yet to discern if that last change is good or not. He certainly doesn’t like the notion that while each of his close friends have gone off to do extraordinary things in their civilian life, he remains where they started and appears he will pique here. But, more optimistically, he also believes his own advice that he gave to Adam earlier. Some people aren’t where they necessarily want to be. But just because they find themselves wandering, doesn’t mean they’re lost. As he finds himself a bit more at least, he begins to drift off, wondering if anything he’s done or said during his brief texture as leader has made any lasting impact at all...)

Adam: Hey man. Hold up.

(Meanwhile, just outside the Youth Center, Adam stops Rocky who appears to be waiting to pick up Jenny.)

Rocky: Yeah?

Adam: I just... I'm sorry, okay?

Adam: Rob was right. It's not my place to get involved in your relationships. You're just like... you're like my brother. My dopey, naive younger brother. And I don't like feeling like you're getting taken advantage of. Personally, I think you deserve better. But if she brings something to the table that I don't see. And you're truly happy, then I promise, I'll back off.

(Rocky doesn’t respond right away. But he smiles and starts walking back.)

Rocky: Jenny asked me once what I wanted to be when I grow up. I told her I wanted to be a doctor.

Rocky: Normally, every one of my friends would laugh at me for dreaming something so foolish and out of my range.

Adam: No they wouldn't.

Rocky: Yes, they would. C'mon. I know I'm not the brightest guy. Heck if I heard myself say that I'd probably laugh. But Jenny... didn't laugh. I mean she wants to be a rock star. We both have stupid dreams that probably won't happen. But that's why I like her. She's a dreamer, she makes me believe in myself. She's not perfect (Point at right side of chest) But in my heart, I know she's right for me.

Adam: You're hearts on the left side.

Rocky: ...guess I'll learn that in med school.

(Adam smiles, then puts his hand on his friends shoulder)

Adam: Then she's all yours. I'll back off.

(Back home, Robbie finds himself drifting off into a long awaited sleep...)

“RIIIIIIIIIING.”

(And then the phone rings. Expecting it to be Hannah, he gets up and grabs the phone angrily.)

Robbie: What do you want?

“...hello?”

Robbie: Yeah. Who's this?

Trini: I-it's me. Trini.

Robbie: Tr-Trini?

(On the other side is indeed Trini, sitting atop her bed, nursing a cast on her leg.)

Trini: I'm sorry. Is now a bad time?

Robbie: No. Not at all. How are you?

Trini: I'm good...

Robbie: (Nods) …good.

Trini: Yeah. Actually... I don't know. That depends.

Robbie: Depends? Depends on what?

Trini: …did you get my message?

Robbie: I've been getting lots of messages the past couple days.

Trini: Do they each mention your... cute butt?

Robbie: What?! That was you?!

Trini: ...yeah. Oh God. So you heard it then?

Robbie: Yeah. What was that?

Trini: Oh God. Remember when I accidentally got drunk at that birthday party once? And I had like one drink Sammy spiked but I completely made a fool of myself?

Robbie: Yeah.

Trini: Well I hurt my knee and they gave me painkillers. And...

Robbie: You were wasted? Trini Kwan you drunk dialed me.

Trini: I did! I'm so embarrassed.

Robbie: You're such a lightweight!

Trini: (Laughs) Stop it. I already want to crawl into a hole.

Robbie: Well don't. I thought it was cute.

Trini: ...

(She doesn’t respond but he can hear her smile on the other end.)

Trini: How have you been?

Robbie: (Sigh) That depends. How much time do you have?

Trini: All the time in the world.

(He lays back in his bed as the episode draws to a close.)

Robbie: Well where do I begin with my grievances? Oh yeah, it was the day after you left...

Trini: (Laughs) ...oh gosh.

Last edited by BrownRangerKev; May 8th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old May 7th, 2019, 08:01 AM #909
> BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

As we're winding down, I'm starting to feel the way I felt when Scandal was in its Final season last year. Every episode gets bittersweet and this one was awesome and I definitely caught that reference that Billy said to Robbie which how you may end it. I won't spoil it, but please tell me if I'm right or wrong??? Lol
Old May 7th, 2019, 08:53 AM #910
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Lmao. No. Not gonna happen. Like Robbie said, "That sounds awful."

But thank you I'm glad you're enjoying this so far. There is definitely a sense of finality this year that there wasn't before.
Old May 7th, 2019, 11:59 AM #911
> BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

😂😂😂 I tried lmao

And yeah man! Remember all those years ago when you wrapped up Season 1 and said that was it 😅. And here we are lol
Old May 8th, 2019, 05:42 AM #912
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Yeah lol. I think I knew I was lying. I was enjoying it too much and still had stories to tell. I'd burst at the seams if it didn't come out. By the end of season 2 onward I had to go all the way through or risk joining the graveyard of incomplete stories. The idea of the premise was that you could act as if Robbie was always been on the team, but only my chapters does he do anything relevant. But simply ending after seasons two or three with him still on the team would've broken that illusion.

Now, I have no natural direction after this season. That and the fact that Zeo didn't have a satisfying conclusion, it just ended in some stupid Christmas episode that didn't explain really close any archs or better explain the transition to Turbo and I think this is the perfect place for Robbie's story to end.
Old May 8th, 2019, 10:16 PM #913
> fb111a
Power Ranger

fb111a
Power Ranger

This latest episode was awesome... and I think it also resolved something for my fic.

Details in PM...
fb111a is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 06:06 AM #914
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

fb111a wrote: View Post

This latest episode was awesome... and I think it also resolved something for my fic.

Details in PM...
Thanks! And replied.
Old May 9th, 2019, 08:20 AM #915
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Ah Amy Jo...your other career opportunities can and will be exploited for dramatic effect...what'll it be like when you have to use Flashpoint photos? ROFL.

As usual, you write a most adorable rapport between Robbie and Trini. I love it, their chemistry is so tangible and hits all the right spots, you have an ear for this kind of fun. Commendable job.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 12:54 PM #916
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Ah Amy Jo...your other career opportunities can and will be exploited for dramatic effect...what'll it be like when you have to use Flashpoint photos? ROFL.

As usual, you write a most adorable rapport between Robbie and Trini. I love it, their chemistry is so tangible and hits all the right spots, you have an ear for this kind of fun. Commendable job.
Hahaha. I just thought that'd be a nice nod there. I almost removed it but glad I didn't.

And aw, thanks! I really appreciate hearing that. I do enjoy writing dialog between those two. It feels very real. If these two were actors on screen I'd say they'd have electrical chemistry.
Old May 18th, 2019, 09:30 PM #917
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I'm hoping to have the next chapter up by next week. Prepare the hankies...
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:32 PM #918
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

I'm hoping to have the next chapter up by next week. Prepare the hankies...
Duuuuude, everyone knows that when you get excited you use tissues! Do you really want to keep it?! :/ hahahaha
Old May 20th, 2019, 02:26 PM #919
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

zedd_heart_rita wrote: View Post

Duuuuude, everyone knows that when you get excited you use tissues! Do you really want to keep it?! :/ hahahaha
Lol no. But we will finally have a definitive conclusion to the Robbie/Trini saga. It all boils down to one of three outcomes.

1. Robbie and Trini wind up together at last.

2. Robbie and Trini learn that their time has passed. They realize they've grown as individuals and still see different futures for themselves.

3. Hannah. That damned Hannah.

But which will it be????????????

Last edited by BrownRangerKev; May 21st, 2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 06:59 AM #920
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Season 4 - Episode 16: Valentine's Day Massacre

(Last time on power rangers…)

Zordon: Roberto Clemente, you are the interim leader of the power rangers.

(Cut to the rest of the teams’ reaction at the Youth Center.)

Adam: Now this I don't believe.

(Cut to everyone but Jason clearing out.)

Jason: I'll ask again. You sure you're up for this?

Robbie: No.

(While adjusting to a new role Robbie is forced to grapple with much more than just the learning curve.)

Robbie: You called the cops on me? Your brown boyfriend.

(In the middle of a storm, Robbie finds out his girlfriend in a jealous rage called the police on him to falsely report him for stealing her car. Sensing trouble, Hannah tries to reach her hand around his arm, but he snaps away, simultaneous to a clap of thunder in the sky.)

Hannah: What, so you're breaking up with me? You wouldn't dare.

(Moments later…)

Hannah: (Crying) I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME. I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING.

(Meanwhile…)

Adam: Look, I’m just saying. Frankly I don’t think she feels as strongly for you as you do for her. And honestly, I think you deserve better than that.

Rocky: Like who?

(Just then, Hillary crashes off her treadmill causing a huge ruckus. She quickly tries to recover and play it off.)

Adam: I don’t know. But a better girl for you is out there.

(Meanwhile…)

(Following a battle, Robbie finds Jason collapsed on the floor following a battle. He takes him to the power chamber…)

Zordon: It is as I feared, Robbie. It appears the gold ranger powers are beginning to reject its host.

Billy: The powers were specifically designed for alien physiology. And since Jason is not a Triforian, the powers assume hostility and are beginning to destroy him with each morph.

Jason: (Dry coughs) …

(During a later battle in which he must go on without the team’s former leader, a ruckus breaks out inside the Super Zeo Megazord as Prince Gasket attempts a hijack. Before long, the cockpit vacates, with the rangers spilling out and landing hard to the ground.)

Robbie: AHHHHHH!!!

Tanya: Oh no. What's happening?!

Rocky: Robbie, you okay?

(Looking to have landed awkwardly, Robbie favors his left elbow. Somehow, someway, they were victorious. Taking out Prince Gasket in the meanwhile. Horrified, Archerina retreats.)

Billy: It's all thanks to the new leader. You never wavered. Even with a broken arm.

Robbie: If you don't mind, I'm gonna go lay down.

Jason: You deserve it.

(Back at his home he throws himself into his bed, when…)

“RIIIIIIIIIING.”

(The phone rings. Expecting it to be Hannah, he gets up and grabs the phone angrily.)

Robbie: What do you want? Who's this?

Trini: I-it's me. Trini.

Robbie: Tr-Trini?

(Finally, outside in the Youth Center parking lot…)

Adam: Rob was right. It's not my place to get involved in your relationships. You're just like... you're like my brother. My dopey, naive younger brother. And I don't like feeling like you're getting taken advantage of.

Rocky: She's a dreamer, she makes me believe in myself. She's not perfect. But in my heart, I know she's right for me.

Adam: Then she's all yours. I'll back off.

(We pick up seconds after that. Rocky enters the Youth Center eagerly awaiting to pick his girlfriend up after her shift. He approaches Ernie who’s wiping down a recently emptied table.)

Rocky: Hey Ernie, do you know if Jenny’s almost ready?

Ernie: Jenny? She quit.

(Cut to a couple hours prior...)

Jenny: Hi, I’ll be your waitress for this evening.

Man: (Raises eyebrow) Why?

Jenny: (Shrugs) I dunno. My parents argued a lot I guess.

Man: No, I mean… you look like you belong in a rock band or something.

Jenny: (Smirks) You think so?

Man: I know so.

Jenny: Well actually, I do have a band.

(The man reaches into his coat pocket, and pulls out a car.)

Man: Adam Levine, talent agent.

(Back to the present, Rocky stares into the distance as Ernie recounts what happened.)

Ernie: She told me to give you this.

(He hands Rocky a note hastily scribbled onto a napkin.)

"Never stop dreaming.”

-J"

Ernie: If you see her, tell her she left her register short two hundred dollars.

Rocky: …

(Visibly blindsided, Rocky’s eyes look to have been drained of all life. After all this, he thinks, she bails and proves everyone right. He crumples the note before crumpling himself into the chair in front of him. Peeking his head from the corner is Adam, who ponders going in to comfort his friend. Before long, Rocky feels a firm, but warm grip on his shoulder.)

“Are you okay, Rocky?”

(But it’s not Adam, it’s Hillary. Kneed down to his level she looks consolingly into his eyes. Eyes that have already begun to water.)

Rocky: …no.

(Without another word, she leans in to give Rocky a hug. Adam, seeing this, decides to leave. We fade to black before fast forwarding. More than a month has passed since that day. It’s February 14th.)

Margie: …

(Alone in the empty school hallway, a paint stained Margie hangs up streamers by a banner that reads “Angel Grove High Senior V-Day Dance. She steps down the ladder and backs up to get a better look, but bumps into something unexpectedly.)

Margie: (Gasps) …!

Billy: Happy Valentine’s Day.

Margie: My! Billy… What are you doing? You don’t belong here anymore. Where is your visitor’s pass?

Billy: This is far more important than some silly pass.

Margie: Well I am the school president after all.

(Without responding, he takes her hand.)

Billy: Margie. I think it’s time for us. I think we’re ready to take that step again. Will you be my valentine?

Margie: Are you serious?

Billy: …

Margie: I believe that decision is mine to make. And you knew I was here and yet you didn’t offer to help? You scare me half to death and ask me out like some creepy cat caller. You don’t even bring me any flowers or candy?

Billy: (Reaches from behind) I have this patent for our signal blocker we worked on two years ago.

Margie: Aww… you’re such a romantic.

(She leaps forward and embraces him.)

Margie: (Pulls back) But seriously, you need to leave.

(Meanwhile, from his home, Robbie wakes up this Saturday morning uncharacteristically eager. He jumps out of bed and throws on his best suit, wrestling the sling for his injured arm back on over the sleeve. He jumps in a car and races like a jet. Presumably, to see her…)

Trini: …

(Inside the familiar coffee shop, Trini appears to be in uniform. She applied to the job weeks ago to support her struggling family. And uncharacteristic as of late, Trini herself has a look of ease in her eyes. As if the weight of the world on her shoulders seems to have shifted slightly. Preoccupying herself with in a task as she stocks the front, her eyes do briefly glance at the clock above the counter. It’s now early afternoon. Finally, she hears the door jingle.)

Robbie: Hey…

(Robbie walks in. Trini stops what she’s doing and turns, seeming to have expected him. Perhaps sooner.)

Trini: Hey. You're late.

Robbie: I know... there was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part.

Trini: What?

Robbie: I went to your house.

(Trini rolls her eyes but keeps a grin on her face. He apologetically opens his arms to invite her in. After a brief hesitation, she walks forward and accepts. He backs away.)

Robbie: I gotta say, you're rocking those shorts way better than I ever could.

Trini: (Laughs) Stop.

Robbie: I mean it. I would've killed for your legs.

Trini: ...thanks.

(She turns back around as if to continue working, but really to hide her blushing face. It had been a while since she’d heard him compliment her.)

Robbie: (Points at brace) Speaking of legs though, how’s the knee?

Trini: Oh. It’s fine.

Robbie: How’d you injure it again?

Trini: Um… it’s a long story.

Robbie: C’mon. This isn't like that time you wore a brace but no one was allowed to ask why, isn't it?

Trini: (Laughs) No. It's just… a long story. I was helping out a friend when I got hurt.

Robbie: Alright...

Trini: (Turns back around) How's the arm, by the way? Is being a leader all it’s cracked up to be.

Robbie: Clever. I forgot you could be funny.

Trini: Hey!

Robbie: Zordon said I'd be out of action for at least six weeks. Kinda hard to lead anything from the sideline. Jason's holding the fort for now.

Trini: Well, I'm glad you're not hurt worse. And... I'm happy to see you again.

(He pauses briefly before responding. As if to allow those words to sink in.)

Robbie: Same.

Trini: ...it’s funny. If you put my bad leg and your bad arm together, we'd make one very broken person.

Robbie: That's one way of looking at it. I prefer to think that with my good leg and your good arm we fix one another.

(This time she doesn’t respond right away. She just smiles at him. Never being one to be forthright about her feelings, though it exudes from Trini’s core that she’s happy to see him again. Happy to finally have alone time with Robbie again.)

“Hi aunt Trini!”

Trini: Huh?

(Just then, Robbie’s niece Laura skips in behind him.)

Robbie: (Sheepishly) Oh yeah... my niece is in town. I got stuck on babysitting duties. I hope that's okay?

Robbie: This is what happens when the powerful boss sleeps with his secretary.

Trini: Oh no. Her dad cheated?

Robbie: Oh no. My sisters the secretary.

Trini: Oh.

(While not thrilled that she's now sharing the moment, Trini makes the best of it. She kneels to one knee to greet her.)

Trini: Hi Laura. It’s nice to see you again.

Laura: Smile aunt Trini.

(Before she can make sense of what Laura said, a bright light flashes in her eyes as Laura takes an extremely close picture of her face.)

Robbie: I swear I'm not telling her to call you that.

(Meanwhile, looking on from the moon…)

Archerina: St. Valentine's Day. A day of love and passion. A night to be shared with those most important. A night designed for the Queen of Love, and yet one that I shall spend alone. It will be a night that she will remember with your dying breath.

(She turns away from the balcony and bows before a shrine of her late husband Prince Gasket.)

Archerina: My baby. Even a month removed and I still can't believe you're gone. I still expect you to come home to me every night...

King Mondo: Are you ready, Archerina?

(Mondo enters the roomhe gets back up.)

Archerina: Ready as I will ever be.

King Mondo: Good. They took my boy from me. We will take the brown one in return.

Archerina: Fair is fair.

King Mondo: Indeed. Now get into position. I have cogs ready to set the bait.

Archerina: Yes, Mr. Mondo.

(She turns and begins to walk away toward the balcony. She morphs into a buxom human vixen and then vanishes.)

King Mondo: Please. Father will do.

(We return to earth, but most of the others as they enter the Youth Center. Seeming to have to coax Rocky into entering though.)

Rocky: Why are we here? Are there no other places in Angel Grove?!

Katherine: I’m sorry Rocky, but you can’t just avoid this place forever.

Tanya: Yeah. You know there are no other places, right?

Rocky: (Groans) I shouldn’t have bothered to get out of bed today. I’m just gonna be reminded what a loser I am when everyone but me has a date to the dance.

Adam: Look on the bright side. Chances are she wouldn't want to go to this dance anyway.

Rocky: Yeah… She didn't believe in conformist gatherings that further promote a commercialized culture.

Tanya: She sure was a winner.

Rocky: (Sighs) I know. Way to rub it in.

(He storms off.)

Katherine: Poor Rocky.

Tanya: Yeah. I feel bad for him.

Adam: Me too. But honestly, I think this is for the best. Jenny wasn't right for him. Once this stops hurting I think he'll be better off.

Katherine: I hope...

(As Rocky walks over to bar, a mysterious looking man in a trench coat is next to him getting drinks from Sammy.)

Sammy: That'll be $2.99.

Customer: Here you go.

(The man reaches for his wallet and puts an envelope down. Takes a hard look at Rocky as he sits it strategically next to him.)

Sammy: Three dollars. Here's your change.

Customer: ...keep it.

(Without breaking eye contact with Rocky, the man walks off.)

Sammy: Big baller. Woop, woop.

(She tosses the penny aside and begins to wipe down the counter. She doesn’t take note of the envelope he left however as Jason enters. She bolts around the counter to greet him.)

Sammy: (Beaming) Hey there.

Jason: Sup.

Sammy: You're dressed sharply.

Jason: I am? Guess I just wanted to look nice today.

Sammy: Uhuh. No reason?

Jason: Nope.

Sammy: What's that behind your back?

Jason: These?

(He brings his arms around to reveal flowers)

Jason: Just something I picked up. For my mom.

Sammy: Oh. Yeah? I bet.

(She yanks them from his hand and skips off.)

Sammy: I'll go put them in water. EEEEEE.

Jason: Uh. I hope she knows those are for my mom. She's three years cancer free.

(He pauses for a second before his eyes light up)

Jason: Oh wow, today’s Valentine’s Day?

Rocky: (Sighs) ...

Jason: You okay?

Rocky: It’s this day. It’s bumming me out. This is my first Valentine's Day without Jenny.

Jason: Uh… Didn't you guys date for like two months? That phrase only works if you've ever spent a Valentine's Day together.

Rocky: (Sighs) ...

Jason: I mean... I'm sorry to hear it. But there's plenty of fish in the sea.

Rocky: I don't want another fish. I want Jenny. Or Hillary. I guess Hannah too still. Lindsay I can take or leave.

Rocky: I guess I'll take her.

Jason: Why don't you try and patch things up with Hillary? She seemed really supportive after your break up.

Rocky: Eh, she's just being nice. I doubt she'll ever take me back after I blew it with her.

Jason: Well, keep your chin up bro. I know it hurts right now. But I promise it'll get better.

Rocky: Thanks...

(Just then, Bulk and Skull enter.)

Bulk: Yeah. It'll totally get better. Hot girls totally swarm over goofy idiots all the time.

Skull: Yeah. Just look at us. Ahahahahahaha.

Bulk: ...

Jason: What do you guys want? Shouldn't you be at work?

Skull: For your information, we were laid off.

Bulk: Furloughed, you numbskull. Stop telling people we got canned. We're on a forced unpaid vacation.

Rocky: Why?

Bulk: The agency isn't doing so well. Something about smoky private detective rooms only existing in 1920's movies.

Bulk: So, Stone wants us off the books for a while as he sorts things out. Better off anyway. Gives us time to scope some honeys for the big dance later tonight. I hear Jenny's on the market.

Jason: (Coughs) Why don't you two just lay off? Rocky's having a hard time enough without you rubbing it in.

(Suddenly, Jason begins coughing uncontrollably.)

Bulk: (Raises eyebrow) What’s with the cough. You diseased?

(From the back Ernie remerges with the envelope in his hand.)

Ernie: Hey, there's a letter here. This yours?

Rocky: Oh no! You're not getting me with that again. No sir. Give that to somebody else.

(Rocky throws his arms up dramatically and walks off, leaving the others bemused.)

Ernie: Okay...?

Bulk: Give us that.

(Bulk snatches it.)

Bulk: A "misplaced" letter eh? This sounds like the start to a mystery.

Skull: Sounds like the start to an episode of Inspector gadget. You might wanna be careful with that thing.

Bulk: Don't be a dimwit. This could be just what Stone needs to jump start his agency. We can find whoever this is addressed to. Then slap them with a big fat bill.

Skull: Ooh. Let me see.

(Skull rips the letter from Bulk’s hand and opens it.)

Skull: I don't believe it.

Bulk: What?!

Skull: I just got selected to participate in “Secret’s Out,” the game show.

Bulk: The what?!

Skull: Only the highest rated Valentine's Day themed show. In the greater Angel Grove region.

Ernie: How do you know that's for you?

Skull: It says it right here. "If you're reading this you've been selected to participate in our game show." Are you reading it? I think not.

Ernie: (Shakes head) ...

Skull: Look and there's tickets. We can invite the dweebs to watch me hook up with a babe. They're gonna be so jealous. Ha.

(Back on the moon…)

King Mondo: You failed. You had one job and you couldn't even figure that one out!

(Livid, Mondo screams at the cowering Cog, still dressed in the trench coat.)

King Mondo: I told you to give it to the brown one. The brown one who wears brown. Not the brown one who’s brown cause he’s Mexican. And he didn't even get it!!! I have no use for incompetence. Away with you.

(With the swing of his staff he fires a beam at the cog who blows to bits instantly. Mondo’s wife enters.)

Queen Machina: What now, my dear?

King Mondo: (Sighs) We shall have to call an audible. If Archerina cannot get brown ranger. We shall find an opening to get to one of his friends. All of Angel Grove should be in that audience. Even making an example of the fat friend or the skinny one with the annoying laugh should send a message.

Krank: But Master. With all due respect, how will killing a civilian help us conquer the rangers.

King Mondo: This isn't about conquering the rangers, Krank. That’s where you’re wrong. They've killed my son, with him at the helm. This, is about making them suffer. I’m gonna make him pay for ever making that decision to replace Tommy. And I will stop at nothing, nothing to do so. So Spector as my witness, I shall rip away everything that ever mattered to him…

Trini: Thanks again for helping me get this job.

(Speaking of which, we return to the coffee shop, where Trini is seen wiping down tables. Robbie is at a booth by the windows helping her by stamping blank coffee cups with the Charbucks logo.)

Robbie: Don't mention it. Jorge owes me more than a few favors. He wouldn’t be store manager now if I hadn’t taken the fall for him so many times. Still, you gotta work on your time management skills, girl.

Trini: (Snickers) Oh yeah?

Robbie: Its 10 minutes to close. I'd be halfway out the door by now, rookie.

Trini: I've seen you close the store down. I think I prefer to be a little more thorough.

Robbie: Well look at who I had waiting for me after work. How could I not rush?

Trini: …you’re just filled with compliments today, aren’t you?

Robbie: I guess you bring them out of me.

(She smiles and again turns away. But there is one giant issue that’s been eating at her.)

Trini: Um. So.

Robbie: So.

Trini: You and... Hannah are... done right? Like for good?

Robbie: Sure seems that way.

Trini: What happened if you don’t mind my asking?

(The incident where she called the cops on him may have been the final straw, but what Robbie hasn’t shared with anyone is that this was simply the culmination of a series of events.)

Robbie: Truth is… she… saw this ring I saved.

Trini: A ring?

Robbie: Yeah... it was an engagement ring.

(Understandably, Trini doesn’t know how to react. Robbie clarifies.)

Robbie: It was my mom's. She gave it to me. Before she went off the deep end that is. When I was still young.

Trini: I'm sorry.

Robbie: Well I was sorry when she found it. She jumped to conclusions. Started to put a lot of pressure on me to settle. I almost moved to New York with her to watch her go to college.

Trini: Wow.

(As he continues to stamp cups, he suddenly finds the clarity to put into words what made him never feel completely satisfied with Hannah.)

Robbie: I spent the whole relationship unsure if she was even right for me, never mind the one. I kinda spent a ton of time just waiting for an out. Like I was waiting for her to screw up, because until she did it was... fine. Good at times. But mostly just okay.

Robbie: I just didn't see that kind of future with her. But I didn’t really have a reason to leave either. I nearly agreed to spend the rest of my life with her waiting for her to slip. I think I had just summoned the courage to tell her I couldn’t go through with it. Her finally slipping up made it so I didn’t feel bad doing so.

Trini: Huh.

Trini: So, no more going back to her?

Robbie: Positive.

Trini: Okay. How do you feel now that you're out?

Robbie: (Exhales) Relieved? My mom promised me to make sure I gave that ring to the right person. To not settle. For the past few weeks I had this violent anxiety. Probably because I nearly broke that promise.

Trini: Well, through her faults your mom is a smart woman. She raised a smart man. With good instincts.

(Following her statement, there is a brief pause. Finally Robbie speaks up again.)

Robbie: What about you? I'm sure guys were just throwing themselves at you in Switzerland.

Trini: (Snickers) Not quite.

Robbie: So there was no one?

Trini: Well... Um. There was this one guy I guess.

Robbie: (Inhales deeply) ...yeah?

Trini: He was nice. Well, I should explain first how I was when I first got to Switzerland.

Robbie: Which was?

(She stops wiping down tables and just stops where she’s standing, looking away from him.)

Trini: Miserable. I was pretty depressed for a while. You gotta understand, I was in a whole new world. Away from everything I'd ever known. I left the person that mattered most to me.

Trini: And all for some silly pipe dream about changing the world.

Robbie: It wasn’t silly.

Trini: Thanks. Although, it would've been nice to hear that from you while I was there.

Robbie: ...I know. I'm sorry.

Trini: It's okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to say it that way. But safe to say I had some second thoughts. Anyway, Jason and Zack... well they saw this and wanted to get my mind off things. So they set me up. A young diplomat like we were. He was from Peru. He was very nice. But I never quite felt for him the way I... well...

(She turns back to him.)

Trini: It didn't last long. I ended it before it became anything. I ended up feeling worse than I had before I met him. It made me feel as though I took what I had for granted. And that I would never get to feel the same again.

Robbie: Yeah… I know the feeling.

(Neither of them speak again for some time after that. Both finding solace in their shared experiences. Eventually, she inches forward and leans over a nearby table.)

Trini: So, it's just us now.

Robbie: …it is.

(She leans over and smiles, almost suggestively at him. Not knowing how to read this, Robbie becomes a little flustered.)

Robbie: I uh… I’m okay with taking things slow. I know you went through a lot and you need time to settle back in. You probably still don’t feel normal yet. Don’t worry, I understand and I’m okay with waiting

Trini: Well, what if I told you I wasn’t?

(She slides to the seat across from him.)

Trini: It's just... if I've learned anything over the past three years. It's that I have to stop waiting for the stars to align and just... do what makes me happy.

Trini: I had such strong feeling for you, as soon as we started to get to know each other. But I was in such denial. I kept saying you weren't right for me or that a relationship would get in the way of my goals or I worried what the others would say. I was looking for reasons not to dive in. All it did was waste time.

Trini: Robbie, we only dated for about six months. It could have been much longer had I stopped getting in my own way. I would've been happy for much longer had I not gotten in my own way. I can't keep doing that.

Robbie: So... what are you saying?

Trini: Robbie, would you like to be my boyfriend?

(He smiles.)

Robbie: I do. Would you… like to be my girlfriend?

Trini: …I do.

(She gets up and walks over to his side to sit next to him. They gaze, longingly into each other’s eyes before she slowly leans her head on his shoulder. She then reaches cross the table. And the two continue to stamp cups together.)

"HEEEELLLLO ANGEL GROVE!!!"

(Elsewhere, inside a packed studio audience, an announcer’s voice is heard.)

“Let's hear it for your favorite Valentine’s Day Themed shoooooow... thhhhhheeeee Secrets Out!”

(The host walks out amid applause. Within the audience are Adam and Tanya, Katherine, Rocky, Bulk as well as Jason and Sammy.)

Sammy: So how does this work? Is this on all year or just during Valentine's Day like that Halloween game show Kim was on once?

Jason: (Points) Isn’t that the same host?

(He points to the host, who is simply a vampire dressed as a cupid.)

Rocky: (Groans) This is painful.

Tanya: I know Rocky. But sometimes you just need a thin subplot to not steal focus from the main story.

Rocky: No, it's that I'm here, on Valentine's Day, without Jenny. On a dating show watching someone else find love. (Sighs) Well at least I'm not the only bachelor here, eh Adam.

Adam: What are you talking about?

Rocky: You and I are single?

Adam: No...?

Rocky: Who are you with?

(Adam picks up his hand to reveal that he's holding Tanya's.)

Adam: We've been dating for like three months now.

Rocky: Wow. Why didn't I know this?

Tanya: You didn't ask?

(He throws his arms up.)

Rocky: I guess it’s just you and me, Kat.

Katherine: I’m sorry?

Rocky: We’re the only single ones here.

Katherine: Oh. That’s right.

Rocky: Would you… like to be Valentines?

Katherine: (Smiles politely) Um. No thank you.

(She turns away.)

Rocky: This can't get any worse.

Host: Let's meet our girls, shall we...

Hillary: Hi everyone...

Host: Our first girl is Hillary. She's the All-American sweetheart and member of the cheerleading and gymnastics team. Hillary why don't you tell us what bring you here today?

Hillary: Well, I wasn't sure what was happening really. One of your producers stopped me on the street and said I had pretty eyes. And, I know. (Shrugs) Now I’m here.

Host: Fantastic. And our next contestant is Lindsay. Who describes herself as just like her best friend Hannah, but without all the character development.

(She’s introduced while seductively licking a lollipop.)

Lindsay: None of the nice side, all of the naughty side...

Sammy: She’s my favorite to win.

Rocky: (Gets up) I have to get out of here.

Tanya: Why?

Rocky: I can’t be here. I just can’t.

(He scooches out of the aisle, catching Hillary’s attention.)

Host: And finally, recently widowed under mysterious circumstances. Please welcome, Tammy.

(Contestant number three turns out to be Archerina, in her voluptuous disguise.)

Tanya: Wow.

Tammy: Hi boys. I’m a girl who likes to hunt with my expert archery skills. So watch out, cause I can make you beg for mercy.

Jason: She’s my favorite to win.

(Sammy punches his arm.)

Host: Now please welcome, our lucky man for the evening. A true rebel. He sports leather jackets, defies authority and his name? Just one word.

Lindsay: Alright, now we’re talking.

Host: Please welcome, Skull!!

(Skull enters in his classic leather jacket.)

Skull: AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tammy: What?!

Lindsay: Ew???

Hillary: (Waves) Hi Skull.

(Archerina looks particularly distressed, not having been clued into the changes. She then taps on her ear as if receiving a message. She slowly turns to the audience and looks with a grin. From the power chamber, Alpha and Zordon look on…)

Zordon: I have a bad feeling about this, Alpha.

Alpha: Me too. Not a black girl in the bunch. No love, homey.

Zordon: No. My radars are picking up unnatural spikes in energy in that room. Something is going on in there.

Alpha: I’ll contact Jason to investigate.

Jason: (Coughs) …

(Jason’s communicator lights up but he’s too busy coughing to notice.)

Host: So, we all know how attraction works. You find somebody you find attractive, and you’re attracted to them. That is how most dating shows work, but we, are not most dating shows. No, we are about finding the best match. And so now we will put, this blindfold onto Skull.

(The producers place a blindfold over his eyes.)

Host: And I will now ask the girls to switch their seats. You see Skull won’t be choosing his Valentine based on who he finds most attractive, but by who he connects with the most. Our girls have shared to our producers that they will reveal in out cue cards. Skull, at the end of the game you will have to pick the girl whose baggage you can handle the most. That lucky girl will then be your Valentine for the evening. Are there any questions? Now, let’s get started!

(In a quick montage the girls reveal their baggage with each car. First is Lindsay…)

“I write my exes phone numbers on bathroom stalls for revenge.”

Skull: AHAHAHAHAHA.

(Then “Tammy.”)

“I am obsessed with my reflection.”

Host: In fact for the first ten years of her life she thought she was a twin.

(Then Hillary.)

“I once thought sidewalk chalk was a candy cigarette”

(Then Tammy again…)

“I have RIP tattooed around my ring finger.”

Skull: Cool. Wait, what?

(Then Lindsay again…)

“I’ve never… and will never… say I love you.”

(Then Hillary again…)

“I’ve been tricked into getting engaged. Then annulled.”

(Then Tammy again…)

“I dated a serial killer.”

(Then Lindsay…)

“I secretly hate my friends”

Hillary: (Leans over) What?

Host: No speaking, please.

(Meanwhile in the back, Rocky is seen throwing water in his face in the men’s room, looking pensively at himself in the mirror. When suddenly, his communicator rings. Eventually in the front the time comes for Skull to make his decision.)

Host: Alright Skull. Now it’s time for you to choose, which lady will be your Valentine? You and the winner will win a dinner for two at Angel Grove’s finest steak house.

Skull: Alright. I get a girlfriend and free steak?

Host: Right. Free.

Skull: I pick…. Girl number three.

Hillary: …

(Amid applause, Hillary looks up at her seat to confirm that this means her. She then looks around as if confused as to what to do next and has to be cajoled by producers.)

Hillary: Girl number three please come on down and reveal yourself!

(As Lindsay gets her up, Hillary unsurely starts to shuffle toward the stage. “Tammy” who eyes her waits for her cue, then gets up and grabs her by the back of the neck.)

Tammy: Alright. Nobody move.

Jason: Guys. We got trouble.

Tammy: One move and the brunette goes too.

Skull: (Still blindfolded) Ladies. There’s plenty of Skull to go around. And I have a friend for the loser.

(Bulk puffs his collar from the audience.)

Tammy: Shut it. This girl dies as a message to the power rangers.

Jason: What?

Hillary: Power rangers? But I don’t know them.

Tammy: Don’t play stupid.

Hillary: I swear, I’m not playing!

(Tammy flashes a blinding light, and morphs into Archerina. She has Gasket’s blade in her hand.)

Archerina: You will rue the day you messed with my family.

(Without wasting time, she pulls the blade back and is about to dive it into Hillary’s spine, when she’s taken out by laser fire.)

Rocky: Let her go!!

(A morphed blue ranger charges out from the back wielding his laser pistol. Archerina stumbles backwards from the hit, loosening her grip on Hillary just enough to run away. Amid chaos, Jason jumps up and screams to everyone else to evacuate.)

Jason: Get out, everyone this is not safe.

Archerina: (Grabbing shoulder) You’ll pay for that.

(On cue, an army of Cogs appear beside her.)

Jason: You need help?!

Rocky: No. Go get the others to safety. I’ve got this.

Jason: Right.

(Rocky charges. He leaps into the air to stomp down the chest of a cog to the right, springboards to stomp down the chest of another to his left. Then while still in midair hits a bicycle kick to an enemy in front. He turns around to an enemy the forms behind him. Drills it in the stomach then throws it over his shoulder, drilling it once more on the ground for emphasis.)

Rocky: (Annoyed) Skull...

(Finding Skull still seated, he rushes over and pulls the blindfold off. Skull looks dumbfounded by what he sees.)

Skull: Wha- where are the babes?

Rocky: You gotta get out of here. You're in danger.

(With terror instantly coming over his eyes, Skull bolts off set and slides under the food table next to Lindsay.)

Lindsay: Get out of here. This is my spot!

(Rocky feels an enemy grab him from behind, he fights them off, then spins him around and into a camera. The camera captures footage of the cog colliding with it just before it collapses and shuts off. More enemies lunge at Rocky. He narrowly ducks one who flies near the food table, scaring Skull and Lindsay.)

Lindsay: Oh God. I think this is it.

Skull: I’m too young to die.

Lindsay: Me too! There’s so many places I haven’t seen. So many things I haven’t experienced.

Skull: We’re gonna die without ever knowing another’s touch.

Lindsay: …right.

Skull: Aw, I’m just some unemployed loser who’s never accomplished anything in his life. My legacy will be my stupid Trimberly fan fiction.

Lindsay: And I’ll… wait, you wrote the Trimberly fan fiction?

Skull: What? You read them?

Lindsay: Devoured them, more like it. You really know your way with words. And the way you paint the picture when it comes to girl on girl romance? How did you get so good?

Skull: Uh… research?

Lindsay: (Looks around) Come with me. I’m gonna help you out.

(Lindsay grabs Skull by the collar and runs off as Rocky finishes off the last of the cogs singlehandedly.)

Jason: We're here, bro.

(He's joined by a morphed Zeo team who rush out from the exits.)

Rocky: Thanks but I think I got this.

Archerina: You've got nothing.

(Archerina reappears, with Hillary back in the same predicament he found her in.)

Rocky: Hillary!!!

Tanya: How did you get her again?!

Hillary: (Shrugs) I got confused. She told me my hair looked pretty. Now I'm here.

Rocky: Let go of her!

Archerina: Aw, what's wrong? Don't want to see your woman go?! Maybe you should have thought about that before you took away my husband.

Hillary: What is she talking about?!

Jason: She's done nothing to you. Your husband tried to kill us.

Archerina: My husband was a good man. He was a victim of circumstance. And so is the blonde.

Hillary: AHHH!!

(She once again pulls back her blade to sink it in her victim's back. But once gain she's stopped when Rocky shoots her with his laser pistol on the same spot.)

Archerina: Ugh. Stop doing that. It really hurts!

Rocky: Get her! I'll get Hill to safety.

(As the rangers rush Archerina to slow her down, Rocky grabs Hillary by the wrist and pulls her toward the bleachers.)

Rocky: Stay here. Do not move for any reason.

Hillary: Okay... but can I ask you a question? Do I... know you? That lady spoke about me as if you did...

(Without answering the question he runs off into the chaos. Meanwhile, in a slightly less frenzied atmosphere, we return to Charbucks where Trini is seen closing out the registers as Robbie puts up chairs.)

Trini: So. What's your plan after graduation?

Robbie: Good question.

(He continues putting chairs up, without actually answering the question.)

Trini: So?

Robbie: (Shrugs) No clue.

Trini: (Laughs) What do you mean? You must have some idea of what you want to do. You're worth investing in, you know.

Robbie: Well the colleges I applied to would disagree.

Robbie: I guess I found my worth a little late. Hard to bring up a GPA like mine. You add the suspensions, detentions. I wouldn't admit me either.

Trini: Well those colleges are missing out.

Robbie: (Snickers) Thank you. I'm sure they'll manage without me though.

Trini: What do you think your next move is?

Robbie: Pout for a whole season and play the societal victim. The usual.

Trini: What else?

Robbie: (Shrugs) I don't know. Worst case scenario I guess... I can get into a community college nearby. Find work to pay for the tuition, while I continue to be a ranger.

Trini: Oh.

Trini: Nothing. That just... sounds like a lot, no?

Robbie: Tuition isn't free. And I'm not rich.

Trini: No, I mean being a ranger still.

Robbie: Oh.

(There is an awkward pause. Robbie wasn’t expecting that from her.)

Trini: Don’t you… think you're growing past that stage in your life?

Robbie: What do you mean?

(Truth is though, he knows exactly what she means.)

Trini: I mean... I just mean... it's great, meaningful work. But it's not something someone should do forever.

Robbie: You mean save the world?

Trini: I just mean... it's been a launching pad for everyone else that's started with us. Everyone else is gone off to do great things. And you're still there.

Robbie: Don't I know it.

(He responds with a deep tone.)

Trini: ...I didn’t mean to upset you.

Robbie: Trust me, while you've been gone, It’s been a struggle seeing all of my friends leave me behind for greater things. And it’s not just you. The truth is, I don't know what my next move is. I don't know when that lightbulb is gonna flash over my head.

Robbie: But right now and for a while, doing what I do brings me a sense of fulfillment that I wasn't getting anywhere else. For most of the last year it was the only thing getting me out of bed. These past six weeks have been killing me. Cause right now more than ever, they need me.

Trini: With all due respect, they seem to be doing okay right now while you're out.

(Meanwhile…)

Jason: Aw man, I wish Rob were here.

(Kneeled over with smoke pouring out of his chest, Jason lies straight across Archerina who's making short work of the rangers. She swings her late husband's blade to discard a lunging Adam. She's grabbed from behind on both sides by Tanya and Kat who manage to restrain her. Rocky charges from the front but eats a boot to the face before Archerina pulls down and cocks back with two elbows to the face. She turns to Tanya and drills her with the blade.)

Jason: Gold ranger staff!

(Jason, summoning the remains of his dwindling energy tip call upon his staff. He doesn't get far with it however as Archerina quickly summons her bow and arrow and beats him to the punch, landing the direct hits that take him down.)

Jason: AHHH!!

(His powers start flashing in and out, though instead of finishing him off, Archerina’s focus is elsewhere.)

Archerina: (Pointing at Hillary) YOU.

Hillary: ...me?

Archerina: Come here.

Hillary: Um. I don't know.

Rocky: NO!

(Despite being hurt, Rocky limps over to get in between Archerina and Hillary.)

Jason: Rocky, no! She's too powerful.

Hillary: Wh... Rocky?!

Archerina: That sounds like a plan...

(She charges him. The other plead.)

Jason: Stand down, she'll destroy you.

Tanya: You can’t do this alone… you need help!

(Back at the cafe…)

Trini: But, are you not worried about something happening that jeopardizes your whole future? I mean you just broke your arm and you’ve nearly lost your life more than once…

Robbie: What is this really about, Trini? Am I still not good enough for you to show off to your new friends and family?

Trini: That's not it at all, I...

Robbie: I'm not you. I wasn't showered with opportunities to leave. This has been it for me. I know I'm not some young hotshot diplomat from Peru but what I do does matter.

Trini: I wasn’t showered with anything. I earned them. And that's really unnecessary and frankly disrespectful to bring up other people I’ve seen. I almost didn’t want to tell you. At least I didn't date...

Robbie: Didn't date... who?

(Realizing she’s largely overstepping herself in a conversation that’s quickly becoming unconstructive, she backtracks.)

Trini: (Exhales) I'm not trying to change you, Robbie. I wouldn’t have asked you to take me back if I were. I would appreciate if you didn't make those assumptions. They're really hurtful.

(An extended pause ensues. Eventually, Robbie puts down the chair in his hand, walks over to her and puts his hands on her shoulder.)

Robbie: I'm sorry.

Trini: …I'm sorry too. I'm not trying to change you. Really. I love you. Just the way you are.

Robbie: (Exhales) I love you too.

(She places her hand over the hand on her shoulder. They then embrace.)

Trini: When we first became friends I was stupid to not take a chance on you. You would have been right to say that about me then.

Trini: I was way too worried about what others thought when they would've been stupid to not see the sweet, caring man who took me on our first date for coffee stop his StegaZord.

Robbie: Oh, that was our first date, huh?

Trini: Well it was extremely romantic.

Robbie: (Laughs) Yeah it was.

Trini: So, let's change subjects?

Robbie: Okay.

(They nod in agreement, then slowly return to whatever task they were doing.)

Robbie: So. What are your plans after graduation?

Trini: Well, my work has made me appealing to several Ivy League schools across the country.

Robbie: Huh...

Trini: Uh. But... I was thinking of possibly staying close by. I haven't made a decision yet.

Robbie: Okay...

(There is another pause. This time, Robbie looks to have something in his mind.)

Robbie: Can I ask you something?

Trini: Sure?

Robbie: Is this it for you?

Trini: What do you mean?

Robbie: Like, you're okay with just staying here? You got the travel and global humanitarian stuff out of your system?

(She hesitates to respond.)

Trini: ...I... don't know. I don't know how to answer that.

Robbie: Hmm.

Trini: I... I mean if you'd asked me a couple months ago I would've said for sure I was done. The end to the Peace Conference it... (Exhales) But recently I've been trying to get back into doing what I love. And helping others brings me fulfillment. Kind of in the way being a ranger still brings you.

Trini: I guess what I’m saying is… I can't promise you anything...

Robbie: I see.

(Robbie then stares directly at her. He again puts down the chair in his hand. And looks to contemplate the next words very deeply.)

Robbie: We have an expiration date, don't we?

Trini: ...what?

Robbie: I… don't know if we could ever work out.

Robbie: We're just gonna hit the same brick wall again. Over and over again.

Trini: No we won't.

Robbie: Yes, we will. Its inescapable.

(He walks toward her.)

Robbie: You have a huge heart. You exude warmth and empathy. And it's why you mean the whole world to me.

Trini: (Weakly) ...so do you.

Robbie: You're gonna go off to do great things. But I'm not sure I have another Peace Conference in me. I'm not sure I can just stay behind while I watch you leave.

Trini: Then come with me. You can come with me this time.

Robbie: I... can't.

Trini: Why not?

Robbie: I've... come too far on my own. I may not be where you are but I'm my own person now. I have to figure out where I need to be in my journey. On my own.

Trini: (Sniffs) So... what are you saying?

(Now face to face with her, he slowly takes her hands.)

Robbie: I think... I should go.

(Clearly emotional, Trini doesn’t reply. She lowers her head into his chest. He kisses her on the top of the head, then lets go.)

Robbie: I'm… gonna just use the bathroom. If you don't mind.

Trini: Okay...

(He walks to the back, passing by a bemused Laura on the way. She Turns to Trini, who turns away and goes to the back to not be seen. Meanwhile…)

“If I can’t take your loved ones, I will have to settle for taking you.”

(Archerina and Rocky bolt for one another, colliding in the middle of the set. She lunges forward with a punch but he pulls back and hits a knee to the ribs. She cocks back with an elbow but he blocks it. She takes a step back to reset and hit him in the sides with two stiff kicks that he can only brace for. On her third try she goes for a roundhouse but he catches it. She almost anticipates that though as she winds backwards to take out his exposed leg from the back of the knee.)

Rocky: AHHH!!

(He crumbles to the ground, tries to recover quickly enough but she’s too fast and drives her steel stiletto heels into his visor.)

Jason: NO!!

Archerina: You took my husband. You ripped away my dreams for a family. Well an eye for an eye!

(She swipes him once more in the back of the head with a kick. Rocky is barely conscious enough to react as he flops to the ground from his knees. Archerina wastes no time, re-summoning her husband’s blade and grabbing his barely living body by the neck.)

Archerina: You will not deny me my vengeance.

“STOP!!!”

(Out of nowhere, an outside voice is heard, distracting Archerina.)

Archerina: Huh?!

“Hey!”

(She turns back and once more eats laser from the ground, this time to the face. She stumbles backwards and falls to the floor as Rocky was barely able to act enough to save his own life.)

Jason: Rocky, catch!

(Unable to get up and help personally, Jason tosses over his golden staff. Rocky lifts it into the air and unleashes a powerful beam. It rips up the hardwood floor and devastates Archerina, who gets caught in the fire. Kat, Tanya and Adam each recover and re-join Rocky.)

Rocky: Surrender now. This is your final warning.

(She survived the blast, but barely. Archerina’s armor is exposed in several places, including her face. It reveals frayed wiring with smoke pouring from every opening. Still, she remains defiant.)

Archerina: I’m long past caring what happens to me. But mark my words, this is far from over. If it lands me in the junk pile, I’ll be taking one of you with me.

(And just like that, she vanishes. Relieved, the rangers shift their focus to other matters.)

Adam: Rocky, you alright? You should take your helmet off. There’s broken glass in there.

Rocky: Right.

(Pulling off his helmet, he turns to Jason.)

Rocky: Are you okay?

(Being the only one who couldn’t beckon the strength to get back up, the others follow suit and rip their helmets off as well. Jason powers down, likely involuntarily, returning to civilian mode. Rocky extends his hand and helps him back up. Jason returns the favor with an appreciative hug.)

Tanya: Rocky, you were amazing today.

Katherine: Yeah, I've never seen that much passion in you.

Rocky: (Shrugs meekly) Thanks...

Tanya: Hillary must be really special to bring that out of you.

(He nods.)

Adam: I’m not sure why you two aren’t together.

Rocky: Ah... I don't know. We should get goi-

Jason: Don't know what? (Coughs) That you're a good-looking, brave guy who just saved her, and all our butts?

Rocky: Look, it doesn’t matter. I blew it with her. She... was amazing. But I wasn't honest with her when I lost her, and I doubt being myself will be any better. I was honest with Jenny and I lost her. I don't stand a chance with a girl like Hillary.

“Yes. You do.”

(Revealing herself from the rafters, Hillary interjects and slowly steps out and toward him. walks toward him. Startled, the others scramble to cover their faces, but each realize the futility at this point. Hillary also doesn’t seem focused on anyone other than Rocky. She approaches him, then hugs him. Tightly.)

Rocky: (In disbelief) …

Adam: Looks like the only “secret” that's “out” is ours.

Hillary: Your secrets safe with me.

(He reciprocates the hug. In the background, Lindsay spills out of a cramped bathroom stall. A look of regret as she shuffles off. Skull trails, behind.)

Skull: So will you call me? Wait… I love you! Did you hear me?! I love you!!

Rocky: I think we have a dance to get to.

Hillary: Yeah. Happy Valentine's Day, Rocky.

Rocky: …Happy Valentine's Day, Hill.

(Meanwhile…)

Trini: Happy Valentine's Day...

(Tearing in the back, Trini struggles to recompose herself after having been broken up with. “Stand by Me” plays in the coffee shops radio, almost as if to pour salt in the wound. She manages to pull herself together just enough to go back outside. However, she’s greeted by Laura, who was waiting for her at the front.)

Laura: Hi Aunt Trini. Are you okay?

(The words “Aunt Trini burn through her soul.)

Trini: Hey… (Sniffs) Yeah.

Laura: Are we leaving?

Trini: ...yeah. You are.

Laura: Okay... bye aunt Trini. It was nice seeing you again.

Trini: Yeah. (Clears throat) It was nice seeing you too, Laura.

(Laura starts turning away to wait for her uncle, still, there is one last thing Trini would like to know…)

Trini: Wait, Laura.

Laura: Yeah?

Trini: Why do you call me that? Why do you call me aunt Trini? Robbie said he never taught you that.

Laura: ...

(Flashback, to nearly three years ago at the Youth Center. The three of them are by the barstools. Trini addresses Robbie following a day in which Rita held all their loved ones hostage only to be saved by a returning Tommy. Much to Robbie’s dismay.)

Trini: Well, you let me know if there’s anything I can do to make sure you don’t go running away.

(Robbie awkwardly smiles and shrugs… then leans in toward her.)

Robbie: Don’t leave.

(Taken aback, Trini seems surprised by his candor. But then she slowly turns to him and meets him eye to eye.)

Trini: I won’t.

(They look into each other’s eyes for what feels like forever. But eventually, Trini snaps back to reality and backs away slightly. She leaves, but looks back at Robbie and gives him a passing smile.)

Laura: Is that your girlfriend?

Robbie: No, but I can do better than that.

(Robbie smiles, then turns to his niece to tell her a secret.)

Robbie: I’m gonna marry that girl one day.

Laura: (Gasps) Yay! Uncle Robbie is gonna--

Robbie: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

(He quickly throws his hand over Laura’s mouth to keep her from spilling the beans. We return to the present, Trini looks shaken to the core.)

(Eventually, Robbie returns from the restroom, having visibly been crying himself.)

Robbie: (Clears throat) I guess I'll head out. Bye Trini.

Trini: Wait.

(She steps in front of him and places her hand on his chest. She takes a deep breath before a final plea.)

Trini: I don't know what my future will hold, or where it'll take me. But I do know... that I want you there with me.

Robbie: Trini, I...

Trini: Please. Just hear me out. Look, I know you give me a lot of credit for helping you, but I wouldn't be the person who I am if you didn't believe in me. I'd still just be the annoying girl with a thousand different petitions.

Trini: I can't guarantee that you'll have one hundred percent of my attention all the time, but I promise that you'll have one hundred percent of my heart. Always.

(Robbie stops his train of thought immediately. He pays close attention to her every word.)

Trini: So please. Don't give up on us. After all we've been through. This is not how we're supposed to end.

(She doesn’t break eye contact with him for an extended period, waiting for a response. Robbie however looks to be struggling to compute what just happened. Finally, he takes her hand and puts it close to his face.)

Robbie: Thank you… for saying that. It really means a lot me. It really means a lot to know that I mean to you as much as you mean to me.

Trini: ...probably more.

Robbie: (Nervous laugh) Maybe. I... guess… I should come clean about something.

Trini: ...what?

Robbie: (Deep breath) I wasn't late today because I accidentally thought you were home. I meant to go there. I wanted to speak to your parents before I came here today.

Trini: ...?

(He reaches into his sling and pulls out a little black box. She gasps.)

Robbie: Trini, I made a ton of mistakes in my life. A ton. And I've had to do a lot of growing up. But if I hadn't, then I likely wouldn't be standing right here today in this coffee shop.

(He lowers to one knee. Trini becomes a statue.)

Robbie: I made your parents a promise. And I made my mother a promise. But the truth is, this ring couldn't possibly belong to anyone else. I will never leave your side again. I'll follow you to the moon if you let me.

Trini: (Sniffs) ...I will let you.

Robbie: Trini Kwan, will you marry me?

(He takes her hand once more and slips the ring on her finger. She follows as it travels all the way to the base of her finger, without saying a word. Then finally, her response…)

Trini: ...yes. Yes, of course I will.

(He jumps to his feet, jubilant, but not before she leaps onto him. He holds her up with his remaining good arm in a loving embrace. They feel a flash go off.)

Laura: (Holding camera) Say cheese!

(Feeling both their hearts racing with joy, she turns to him, brushes her newly bejeweled left hand over his cheek and kisses him passionately.)

Laura: Gross.

(And the two continue to hold. They hold as if to make up for lost time. All the ups and downs, the fights, the wasted opportunities, the trips and the other people. They hold as if they're the only ones in the room. As if they're the only ones on the planet. They hold as if they're finally ready to put everything else behind them and just live happily ever after.)

Archerina: (Staring through the window) ...

(Or so they think...)

Last edited by BrownRangerKev; June 1st, 2019 at 08:53 AM.