Home Menu

Menu

Old April 27th, 2018, 05:42 AM #801
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

zedd_heart_rita wrote: View Post

Heartbreaking, but makes perfect sense because we never do actually see him again in the PR Universe...

I'm glad Jason survived though (I'm assuming, since he becomes the Gold Ranger, I'm assuming )
I don't know.... hard to say anything you may think is confirmed though. Guess you'll have to keep reading and find out...

AngieYaz wrote: View Post

Goldar serving Mondo and Machina?
It sure seems that way... doesn't it? lol.
BrownRangerKev is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 12:06 AM #802
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

It sure seems that way... doesn't it? lol.
Maybe Zedd and Rita are trying to get someone on the inside of the Machine Empire?
zedd_heart_rita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 02:33 PM #803
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

I feel bad that not every monster is going to be there though.
AngieYaz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 02:54 PM #804
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

So, how do you guys feel about the big reveal with Zack? I'm dying to hear your thoughts...
If that was a pun... that was wrong.

That was crazy, though. Really sad stuff, but well written. I'm interested to read more.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2018, 08:38 AM #805
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

If that was a pun... that was wrong.

That was crazy, though. Really sad stuff, but well written. I'm interested to read more.
Lol! I didn't realize what I wrote till I hit send. No pun intended of course but glad you enjoyed it!

zedd_heart_rita wrote: View Post

Maybe Zedd and Rita are trying to get someone on the inside of the Machine Empire?
Interesting theory. We'll see if it pans out...
Old May 23rd, 2018, 02:35 PM #806
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Just a brief update.

The next chapter is basically done. I want to do a full review of it as I usually do with my chapters then add the fight scenes. But this has taken an inordinate amount of time to just have the free time to do. I've just recently gotten a promotion, and I'm at the in between stage where I'm still doing my old job while learning the new one. It's madness. But I hope to have the next chapter out soon as it's drilling a hole in me that it isn't out yet.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 03:19 PM #807
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

As always I can't wait to read more!
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:02 PM #808
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

As always I can't wait to read more!
Me neither, this is getting exciting.
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:44 AM #809
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Thanks as always guys! I always appreciate the support and I'll make sure I get it out sooner than later.
Old June 15th, 2018, 11:19 AM #810
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Season 4: Episode 5 - The Mutiny Part 6; An End, Once and For All

(We return to the command center, where anxiety stirs as Serpentera makes an appearance on the viewing globe. It soars toward downtown Angel Grove with a purpose. A purpose that Billy and Zordon understand too well as they try to stop it.)

Billy: Connections are jammed. I can’t reach the others.

Zordon: You must keep trying, Billy. It is imperative that they be contacted.

Alpha: Aye, ya, yai. The Machine Empire must be headed toward the Zeo crystal conduit. If they reach it before the rangers do…

Zordon: You must have faith, Alpha.

(Also in the command center, Delphine and the wounded Aquitian rangers refuse to watch helplessly as the world is simply handed over to King Mondo.)

Delphine: (Steps forward) We will go, Zordon. We must slow down this Serpentera.

Zordon: I am afraid in your dehydrated condition it would be suicide. Even with your Battle Borgs, Serpentera would strike you down instantly. I must advise against it.

Aurico: If that is our fate then so be it. But our sworn oath does not allow us to do nothing as all of your home is destroyed.

Zordon: I admire your courage; however, it is far too risky…

“Never fear… (Cough)

(Suddenly, a voice calls from the front.)

Ninjor: Ninjor is here.

(Ninjor reappears, after having been comatose on Aquitar. Everyone is elated just to see him alive.)

Alpha: (Jumps excitedly) Ninjor!

Billy: (Walks over) Thank goodness… you’re okay.

Zordon: It is good to see you again.

Ninjor: Likewise, handsome.

Zordon: (Nods) …

Alpha: But… Wait-- What are you doing here?

Ninjor: What else would I be doing here? The earth is in danger. And it is my sworn duty to you to offer my lifelong assista

(Suddenly, he trails off; losing his footing and falling to a knee. Billy rushes to his side.)

Billy: Ninjor!

(He gestures for Billy to stand back, but provides no reassurance.)

Ninjor: It’s alright. Merely a head rush.

Billy: Ninjor, you don’t belong here.

Ninjor: Why… of course I do, Billy.

Billy: No. You don’t. You’re too weak. Serpentera is way too powerful. And the more time you spend here outside of Eltar…

(Ninjor stops Billy with another hand gesture, then responds with perhaps the most sober thing he has ever said…)

Ninjor: I am aware. And it’s alright.

(Ninjor looks into Billy’s eyes quite pensively, as he looks on dumbfounded. Ninjor places his hand on his shoulder and uses it as leverage to pick himself back up.)

Ninjor: …That doesn’t change the promise I made to you.

Billy: …

Ninjor: When your team came to Eltar and destroyed Ivan Ooze after what he did to myself… and to Duclea, I swore to you, in her honor, that I would serve you for the rest of my life.

(He pauses briefly to consider his next words.)

Ninjor: And whether that life is another week or another century, my word is my word.

(Billy doesn’t respond, or even turn around. But Ninjor’s mind is not to be changed. He walks toward the viewing globe to witness the mayhem befallen the planet. Fire and smoke filling every sky as the image pans from city to city. Destruction surrounding the wounded. But the air of utter defeat serves as no deterrence for Ninjor.)

Ninjor: Where do you need me the most?

Zordon: Serpentera is currently making its way towards the Zeo’s conduit. The rangers have obtained the crystals, but do not know the conduits location. If it gets there before the rangers, the forces of evil could attempt to destroy the conduit before they have a chance to activate a purge that could end this.

(Ninjor studies the images, though finds something slightly off about the whole thing.)

Ninjor: This does not appear to be the work of Lord Zedd. This is far too sophisticated and efficient. They would have bungled this within the half hour. At least three times.

Zordon: Correct. This is the work of King Mondo and the Machine Empire.

Ninjor: Mondo… That’s a name I was hoping to never hear again.

Zordon: Indeed. He launched an attack on this command center that Billy and the Aquitian rangers were able to barely hold off.

(Ninjor turns to Billy and the Alien rangers, nodding respectfully.)

Ninjor: Good work, all of you.

(The Aquitians nods back, but Billy, who mistakenly made the situation worse when he left the front entrance open, looks less than satisfied. Zordon continues.)

Zordon: He appears to have also taken over Lord Zedd and Rita’s base of command and has even used some of their resources. Including his henchmen and Zedd’s greatest resource, Serpentera. We’ve seen its potential for complete destruction firsthand as it destroyed the Otherworld with a single push of a button. My team at the time was lucky to barely make it out alive.

Ninjor: Then Serpentera will be my target.

Delphine: And we will help.

Zordon: No. First you must rehydrate. There is a lake on the outskirts of town. Billy can guide you there.

(Billy finally moves from his stupor. Hesitant to agree with what he’s being asked to do following what happened the last time he left the command center unguarded.)

Billy: Uh… are you sure, Zordon? Are… you sure you don’t need me… elsewhere right now.

Zordon: I sense your trepidation, and I am sure Billy. We will reach you if needed.

Billy: (Exhales) …Okay.

(Billy agrees, somewhat reassured. Not knowing of course, that the entire time they speak, an active time bomb left by the cogs sits on the other side of the control panel.)

Zordon: We only need a diversion, Ninjor. Defeating Serpentera in combat is not feasible. But one thing I do know about Mondo is that he is very thin skinned. He overcompensates for his past with the United Alliance and his being an inorganic. Any type of belittlement will instantly throw him off his focused goal.

(Speaking of Mondo, the king of the empire can be seen soaring down the streets of downtown Angel Grove. His stolen mecha tears through the horizon like a demon possessed. Quite fittingly too, as what may appear to be a spur of the decision to conquer an already claimed planet is actually a long and winding journey that Mondo hopes will culminate in his own personal vindication.)

King Mondo: By any and all metrics, this invasion has been a roaring success. The end is neigh for this wretched planet. My reign as ruler will be as inevitable as the destruction of earth as we know it.

(He utters that statement to himself, knowing he’s already half right. Even if the impossible does occur and the earth does survive, it will never be the same again. He’s left his mark. Anything further would be gravy. He continues, after confirming that no one is in his immediate area to listen.)

King Mondo: I was once a mere tool for the United Alliance; built to aide in their conquests. Then, in time, with every upgrade I became a little smarter, a little stronger. Until the day came when I became more capable than any of those worthless organics that thought that could control me.

(His voice growing more booming and aggressive as he envisions his former captures in his head.)

King Mondo: They were threatened by me. They feared my capabilities. So they expelled me. Like scrap metal. But today, I shall show them all. I shall take their Holy Grail. In a single day I will take what has taken 10,000 years of insufferable incompetence to do.

(Mondo becomes somewhat self-conscious as he realizes his voice is now echoing. He looks to Goldar, who is piloting the ship and the only other person close by. He hopes the roar of the engine prevented him from hearing his deepest vulnerabilities, until he reaches for the radio to turn the volume up.)

King Mondo: Turn it off!!

(Goldar reactively reaches right back over and shuts the radio ff.)

King Mondo: I need to think. What shall we do once we actually reach the conduit?

Prince Sprocket: Ooh! I know dad!

(His son, Prince Sprocket, eagerly shuffles in from out of nowhere.)

Prince Sprocket: Why not instead of blowing up the conduit, we blow up the rangers. Then, we take the crystals from them and use the powers for ourselves?

King Mondo: (Scratches chin) Hm. Quite the devious plan my boy. I’m impressed. Still, I should hear this plan again, this time from a man’s voice.

(He slowly turns to Goldar, who remains facing forward and now totally stilted.)

King Mondo: …Goldar!!!

Goldar: DUH… Umm. I uhhh… duhh… “Why not instead of…”

King Mondo: (Groans) I said a man’s voice! Bah, never mind. I will coordinate with the help on the ground. Stay here, Sprocket. Keep an eye on the monkey. I’ve taken his wings as a precaution, though you can never fully trust a “Zedd guy.”

Prince Sprocket: (Salutes) Aye, aye, daddy.

(Mondo marches away. Thus leaving the tiny Sprocket in charge of Goldar, who after changing to the “winning side” for about the third time in as many years, somehow feels worse off than when he first started as Rita’s right hand man.)

Goldar: (Defeated Exhale) …

(Today should have been his day of reckoning. His lifelong validation as a fearsome warrior was received after his slayings in Switzerland. Still, Goldar’s never felt lower on the totem pole than he does right now. He starts wonder if the grass is truly greener on the other side. Then reminiscence about another time he’s “had enough.”)

Rita: Goldar, Scorpina, stop standing around and get them.

(In a flashback, a giant sized Goldar, Scorpina and Rita takes on the Dragonzord in Battle Mode during Rita’s last-ditch effort to save her job.)

Goldar: No.

Rita: What did you say?

Goldar: I said bite me!

Rita: (Gasps) How dare you talk to me that way?! Do I have to remind you who brought you back? Cause it’s the same person who can just as easily fire you again.

Goldar: Then consider this our resignation.

(At that point he left Rita out to dry as her reign as empress saw an end mere moments later. A moment that brings pride to Goldar, if not for the fact that he later begged to be let back into her castle minutes after. It isn’t the only time he’s done this either. With Rita, Zedd, and even Ivan Ooze. Time after time, he’s left his bosses when something “better” comes up but winds up being treated worse than ever.)

Goldar: Ow!!

(Right on cue, Sprocket starts throwing spitballs at Goldar. One nailed him in the back of the neck.)

Prince Sprocket: Move it, banana breathe. My grandpa drives faster than you. And he’s just a flash drive.

(Goldar meekly rubs the back of his head and quietly returns to piloting the ship toward Mondo’s destination, not wanting to cause an incident with his new boss’s son. Serpentera soars over Angel Grove Park along the way, where the ranger teens look up helplessly as it passes by.)

Katherine: Look!

Tommy: It’s Serpentera!

Tanya: That thing! That thing attacked my home.

Robbie: And it attacked Switzerland.

Tommy: …and Phoenix. (Sighs) Now it’s here. That’s not a good sign.

Adam: We need to get in contact with Zordon.

Rocky: But how? Our communicators are jammed.

(Just then, Tommy’s communicator rings as Serpentera flies out of range. Most of the teens quick huddle near Tommy as he answers.)

Tommy: We… read you?

Alpha: Tommy! Tommy are you in?

Tommy: Alpha! Yeah, it’s us. We’re all here.

Alpha: That’s good!

Katherine: It’s so good to hear you, Alpha.

Alpha: Same here, Kat…

Tommy: We’ve got the crystals too.

Alpha: That’s wonderful! I think we can top you though.

Adam: How?

“Niiiiiinjor is here!”

Tommy: (Gasps) Ninjor!

Adam: You’re okay? Wait. Does that mean…?

Zordon: Yes, Adam. Ninjor reawakening, means the ties to your powers has reestablished. You may now morph again.

Adam: Alright!

(A massive collective sigh of relief overcomes the team dying for a silver lining. But, there’s a caveat...)

Zordon: His energy levels are weak however. And will continue to weaken the longer he remains on earth. With that, so will your powers.

Tommy: (Turns to the others) …

Zordon: Exercise caution when expending your ranger energy. This will require a stealthy approach.

Tommy: (Nods) Noted.

Zordon: We have located the Zeo conduit needed to activate the purge. Unfortunately though, so has Serpentera.

Katherine: Well, I guess we know why it was in such a hurry.

Adam: What do we do?

Zordon: You must beat him there and put your crystals together before it is too late.

Robbie: And… how are we going to do that? It’s got a bit of a head start on us.

Zordon: Ninjor and the Aquitians are prepared provide a diversion for Serpentera, thus buying you some time.

Tommy: Great. That’s all we need. Will Billy join us?

Zordon: Not at this time, no. He is needed elsewhere.

Alpha: I am sending you the coordinates for the conduit.

Zordon: Before you go though you need a plan of attack. Teleportation will draw unwanted attention and simply walking downtown is not possible. The Machine Empire has troops swarming down 5th avenue right now.

Katherine: The Machine… Empire?

Tommy: Who are they?

(It then dawns on Alpha and Zordon that the other rangers are not privy to the mutiny that has expelled the old power structure.)

Adam: You mean… those robots we’ve been fighting?

Katherine: What happened to Zedd and Rita?

(As they close to the communicator to get caught up, Rocky, who stayed behind with Tanya leans in and whispers in her ear.)

Rocky: You know… I’m the leader of this group.

Tanya: Huh? Oh. Yeah?

(A preoccupied Tanya replies, barely feigning interest.)

Rocky: Yeah. I’m the red ranger. Those are the rules. I… let the others handle the busy work. But uh… yeah. If you need anything, you can go through me.

Tanya: Oh. (Nods) Okay. Cool.

(After hearing of the Machine Empire, the rest of the team looks stunned and confused with how to deal with them.)

Katherine: Wow. I never thought I’d feel sorry for Zedd and Rita.

Adam: That’ll add a bit of complication to our work.

Robbie: Yeah. Hard to beat something you know nothing about. This guy seems to know what he’s doing to. He’s a lot more thorough.

Zordon: Indeed. And his Cogs are significantly more difficult than any Tenga or Putty before them. They are made of complete steel and are completely relentless. They require complete destruction in order to defeat. Which is not plausible with our limited energy reserves when facing such large numbers.

Robbie: You’re not inspiring a lot of hope, Zordon.

Tommy: It’s fine. We’re just gonna need a good plan.

(He turns back to face Rocky.)

Tommy: You paying attention?

Rocky: Huh? Yeah! Um… just uh… repeat everything you said once mor--

(Ignoring Rocky, Tommy cuts into his plan.)

Tommy: So we split into groups. We lay low as we head for the conduit. Kat, I need you use the Crane Zord and give us some aerial assistance. If we do run into trouble we’ll need you to pick them off. Avoid detection otherwise.

Katherine: Right.

Tommy: Rob and I will lead our own groups of two down the east and west side, coming together outside the conduit.

Rocky: Oh… Yeah.

(He turns to Tanya, feeling somewhat shown up.)

Rocky: That’s cool. I approve of that plan.

Tanya: (Steps forward) Do you need me for anything, Tommy? Please. I need to be able to help in some way.

Tommy: (Shakes head) I can’t risk it, sorry.

Tanya: Please. My husband lost his life at Mondo’s feet. I didn’t come to America for sightseeing. I came here to avenge him.

Tommy: You leave that to us. You just stay here. Walk back to the command center if anything. It’s probably safest for you there.

Tanya: …

Rocky: (Scratches head) Why don’t you have her as a lookout? You know, position her somewhere omn the inside. Maybe have her hold the crystals in case we do get picked off. She can teleport in the last second before we begin when we know it's safe.

(Tommy hesitates, but eventually caves to the suggestion.)

Tommy: Fine. Alright. But keep your distance. I don’t want casualties on my team.

Tanya: (Grins) I will. Thanks Rocky.

(Rocky nods proudly.)

Tommy: Hand her your communicator, Rocky. Stay close to Robbie. Any messages will go straight to him.

Rocky: (Removes communicator) Right!

Tommy: Stick together guys. This is the big one. All our prep work, all the simulation drills. It’s all for this. And I plan to see you all later for the debriefing.

(They each nod at him silently.)

Tommy: Good luck guys. It’s morphin time!

(As the rangers spring into action in the fight to retake the earth, Angel Grove must first be retaken. And right now their work looks cut out for them. The streets are flooded by an all too organized army of Cogs, marching perfectly in line down Fifth Avenue. Hundreds of scared civilians hide inside boarded up doors and windows, in what looks like an image out of the Third Reich.)

“So… this is the conduit.”

(Further downtown, the Machine Empire’s “help” stand outside the conduit. Expecting to be in awe they stare, underwhelmed.)

Rito: “Krispy… Kreme.” (Shrugs) Sure. I’ll take it.

(Next to Rito is a silver and brown robotic henchman, carrying a much smaller silver and black virtual copy of itself.)

Rito: Might as well have just been the Foot Locker next to it. At least the smell is nice.

Klank: From which store?

Rito: (Shrugs) …

(Elsewhere, on the outskirts of downtown looking in, Tommy, Robbie, Adam and Rocky stand morphed atop a hill. They stare off into the city they prepare to put it all on the line. They turn to one another slowly, sharing knowing glances before splitting off into two. It goes unsaid that the weight of the world is felt with each step as they march into town.)

Tommy: …

(They march, with the memories of lives already lost weighing down their heavy hearts.)

Robbie: …

(Tommy “expects” everyone to return from this mission alive. But there is an unspoken understanding that this is unlikely to happen. Nevertheless, they march. The deafening sounds of a jet roars through the sky as the Crane Ninjazord suddenly flies right over them. Kat reaches out to Tommy to give him an update.)

Katherine: (Via communicator) Katherine in. The coast is clear. Both routes are open.

Tommy: Roger that. Stay out of sight.

(Tommy can feel his lips quivering and his hands shake as he replies. He is undoubtedly unnerved, as he prepares for a battle which no simulation can truly train him for. All he can do is put on the brave, stoic façade for his friends and hope for the best. Tanya reaches out to him.)

Tanya: (Via communicator) Tommy. Tommy come in.

Tommy: (Answers) Yeah. I read you Tanya.

(Tanya is several miles down south, kneeling over the top of the tallest building in the area. She’s got a set of binoculars, looking down into the nearly desolate streets.)

Tanya: I see an army of Cogs toward Main Street. No drones though. But it looks like they’re headed toward the coordinates.

Tommy: Where should we travel once we’re down there?

Tanya: Sixth and eighth avenues are safe once you’re near Main. There’s a roundabout by the conduit. If you beat them to it you can go around and bypass them entirely.

Tommy: Great. Thanks Tanya. Stay safe. Teleport if you sense any danger whatsoever.

Tanya: Copy that.

(He disconnects, then continues looking forward, taking deep breaths to quiet his racing heart. Adam, the person he’s split off with, speaks up behind him.)

Adam: Are you ready for this?

(He gulps, then responds.)

Tommy: As ready as one could be.

Adam: Think we'll all make it?

(He hesitates to respond. A few meters to the right, Robbie also hesitates to respond to anything Rocky says.)

Rocky: Rob.

Rocky: Rob!

Robbie: …yes?

(He clenches his teeth, trying to remain composed. He’s barely been able to keep it together since he’s returned from Switzerland.)

Rocky: Are you religious?

Robbie: What?

Rocky: Are you religious? Do you believe in God?

Robbie: I barely believe in myself, Rocky. Quit asking me stupid questions.

Rocky: Okay. (Nods) Got it.

(They continue marching forward in silence, Robbie pulling further ahead. He tries to distance himself far enough to sink deeper into his own mind.)

“Brown ranger. I see you’re admiring my work.”

(Robbie replays the moment in his head. Goldar’s voice is crystal clear right behind him after just finding Zack laying lifelessly under a pile of rubble.)

Robbie: …You did this?!

(Goldar nods, proudly.)

Goldar: If only you were here to witness their final moments as they begged and pleaded for mercy.

(Images of his friends: Jason, Zack and Trini runs through his head as he recalls everything Goldar said.)

Goldar: I was merciful alright. When I finally put them out of their misery! Gyahahahaha!

Robbie: “…their”

(Goldar chortles.)

Goldar: Don’t take my word for it.

(Goldar reaches behind his back, revealing a small anchor necklace in his hand.)

Robbie: I’LL KILL YOU!!!!

“Uh… Rob?”

Robbie: (Sighs) ...

“Rob.”

(Rocky calls out to him again, snapping him back to the present.)

Robbie: (Annoyed) What?

Rocky: What do you think of Tanya?

Robbie: (Groans) I don’t know, man.

Rocky: I think she’s great. She's been here like five minutes and she’s already shown herself to be more valuable than some of us here.

Robbie: You can say that again.

Rocky: I uh... told her I was leader, by the way. You know, just in case she ask-

Robbie: Rocky!

(Annoyed, he stops dead in his tracks, then turns around to confront Rocky.)

Robbie: I can’t make this clearer. I don’t…

(Suddenly though, something behind Rocky catches his eye.)

Robbie: Oh wow.

Rocky: You see what I see in her?

Robbie: (Pointing up) Look out!!!

(Just then, Serpentera soars directly over their heads, cutting extremely close as they dive out of harm’s way. Somehow managing to have snuck up behind the rangers, it engulfs the two in a massive shadow.)

Tommy: Rob! Rocky!

Adam: Oh no. He was waiting for us the whole time!

(Meanwhile, inside of Serpentera…)

King Mondo: They’re here! Drats! I knew we shouldn’t have stopped at Starbucks. Goldar, what were you thinking?!

Goldar: I’m sorry master, I had a free drink today for my birthday. I had no clue there’d be a line!

King Mondo: Enough of your pathetic groveling. Destroy the rangers and take their crystals.

Goldar: (Nods) Yes sir.

(Underneath their noses, the rangers scatter like frightened ants. Tommy however is stalled between running and going back to save the others.)

Tommy: Rob! Rocky! Hang on!

Robbie: No!

(He waves Tommy off)

Robbie: Get out of here! No use if we’re all dead!

(Tommy continues to hesitate, but eventually turns to run into town with Adam following behind. Those two aren’t in the clear either…)

Adam: Heads up!

(A a trio of drones appear over the horizon and start tailing them. They fire indiscriminately at the ground behind them until Adam is struck.)

Adam: AHHH!!!

Tommy: Adam!!

(A shot rips the ground in front of Adam, veering him off course. He stumbles to the side as Tommy continues to run. He looks back briefly to find Adam writhing in pain, but still moving. The drones however have now turned their attention to him. He’s finally able to hide underneath a big awning. They fly by, unable to detect him until turning up and disappearing into the sky. Tommy catches his breath and reaches for his communicator.)

Tommy: (Panting) Kat… Are you there?

Katherine: Yes Tommy.

Tommy: (Panting) We need help. Fighter drones… near the hill. Serpentera attacked us… Adam’s down.

Katherine: Say no more. I’m on it.

(Tommy takes another second to catch his breath, after his carefully laid out plan crumbled within seconds. He continues deeper into town, but not before taking one last look up the hill that’s now about a mile behind him. His friends are still presumably up there, but Serpentera’s towering presence cannot be missed.)

King Mondo: Finish them.

(On Mondo’s command, Goldar, who’s zeroed in on the red and brown rangers slams his fist down on a large red button. A flicker of light appears from within the mecha’s open mouth before a massive beam shoots out. It obliterates everything before it, creating a cloud of dust that consumes them both completely. A satisfied grin comes before Mondo’s otherwise frozen face. He pats Goldar on the shoulder as he turns back, assuming victory.)

King Mondo: Good work my boy. It seems you aren’t totally worthless.

Goldar: You… you really mean that?

King Mondo: Sure. I mean, you give a monkey a loaded gun, and eventually he’ll shoot someone with it.

Goldar: That is how my father joined the Alliance.

King Mondo: You know, I’ve been looking for a true righthand man. And with your piloting skills on the Alliances most deadly ship, you could really go a long way.

Goldar: Wow. You think s…

(Just then, Robbie and Rocky burst through the cloud on the other end. Having never broke stride.)

Goldar: Uhhh.

(In a panic, Goldar frantically tries to push for some more missiles, but gets a low energy notice.)

King Mondo: Yes. I really do. Once we take earth, they will have to let us back in. And once we do, you and I can really clean up…

(Mondo turns back around to face Goldar, only to find him standing, outstretched in front of the windshield.)

King Mondo: Why are you standing?

Goldar: I… need to use the bathroom.

King Mondo: Well then? Go.

Goldar: I uh. I am.

King Mondo: …

(Mondo becomes suspicious.)

King Mondo: Move over.

Goldar: …

King Mondo: Now.

(He sulks to himself, then moves.)

King Mondo: Huh? What is that?!

(Goldar turns, preparing an excuse, but instead…)

“Your brute strength is no match for the cunning and the will… of the NINJA!!!”

Goldar: Ninjor! I thought he was dead!

King Mondo: Well see to it that he is then. Fire the missiles.

Goldar: Uh… we can’t sir. We’re low on batteries.

King Mondo: What?!

Goldar: If you want I can sneak to the dollar store quick and…

King Mondo: You imbecile. What did Zedd ever see in you?!

Goldar: Uh… he didn’t really…

Ninjor: Mondo… I heard your mother was so fat, that when she sits around the house, she sits around the house.

King Mondo: That doesn’t make sense stupid. My mother is a computer screen. And my dad is just a small piece of equipment.

Ninjor: I bet your mom says that too.

King Mondo: Ugh. After him.

Goldar: But sir, the range…

King Mondo: I said after him!

Goldar: …yes sir.

(Serpentera suddenly changes course and starts slowly moving backwards as Ninjor flies away on his cloud in the other direction, a sly grin on his face as the diversion is successful.)

Tommy: Everybody clear out!

(Meanwhile back in the middle of mayhem, the white ranger ducks incoming fire from the tailing drones and he navigates the Gaza-like streets of Angel Grove. Shockingly, random civilians are still out and about that he orders back inside.)

Tommy: Find shelter! You can’t be out here.

(Suddenly finding a downed car in the middle of the road, Tommy swiftly leaps onto the hood to try get to the other side. A blast from a fighter jet however sends him flying in an aimless arch. He hits the floor hard, badly hurting his back.)

Tommy: AHHH!!!

“Are you okay, Tommy?”

(Saba, Tommy’s talking sabre speaks up to check in on him.)

Tommy: Yeah… I think so… wait, what? (Looks down) Huh. What a time for you to start talking again.

Saba: It seems you need all the help you can get. I wouldn’t be too picky.

Tommy: Guess you’re right.

Saba: Can you get up?

Tommy: Yeah… I’m fine.

(Slowly, he props himself back to his feet.)

Saba: We’re about half a mile from the conduit. If we hurry we can beat the…

Tommy: Ah, man...

(Tommy interrupts Saba as he finds to his left a pack of cogs attacking a crowded school bus.)

Saba: …cogs.

(They seem to attack for no particular reason other than to cause mayhem. Scared children cling to the other side for dear life. A teacher struggles to keep the kids calm.)

Saba: Looks like they picked the wrong day to go on a field trip.

Tommy: I gotta help them.

Saba: Tommy, you mustn’t. O-our energy reserves…. For the greater good, I urge you to focus on the conduit.

Tommy: I… can’t. I can’t let them die. I have to…

(Foolhardily, he runs toward the crowd of cogs and calls for their attention. He leaps over a bunch, legs up, as if rolling over a car’s hood. He lands flat on his feet, two hordes on each side. He gets down to a knee and swipes his feet, knocking down the ones in front him but the ones behind leap over him. They plant back down, then one grabs the grounded white ranger by the shoulder to pin him down. Tommy instinctively curls up and catapults him away.)

Saba: Tommy…Tommy!!

Tommy: Not now.

(He gets back to his feet, but gets quickly grabbed from behind.)

Tommy: Ah!

(He tries to flip the enemy over his shoulder but the cog’s waist locks in. In front, another cog opens its face, revealing a laser that fires a devastating beam, hitting him dead on.)

Tommy: Ahhh!!

(Tommy collapses, falling limp to the floor, as the kids scream in shock and horror out of concern. The pack of enemies close in as he struggles to get back to a knee. Smoke pours out of Tommy’s chest as Saba pleads with him again.)

Saba: Tommy… Tommy… you must listen.

Tommy: Ugh. No.

Saba: Your powers alone are not enough to take them on. You must use me.

(The cogs circle him entirely, surrounding him in steel. The children look on powerlessly as their only hope vanishes into the horde of enemies. That is, until a beam of light suddenly emerges. It beams through the enemies’ legs and arms, then engulfs them entirely. Before long, the white ranger is all that remains. Still crouched, with Saba in the air. He’s surrounded by pieces of scattered machinery.)

Tommy: …?

Saba: Seems you’re just as thickheaded as ever. And you wonder why I stopped talking.

Tommy: Heh… sorry. Thanks Saba.

(The kids looking on in awe. Tommy gets up and starts marching toward them heroically as they burst into gleeful cheer. He pulls out Saba once more and blasts open the crushed door. He then guides the kids out one at a time until the entire class and the single teacher are safe outside beside him. He peeks his head inside, as Saba looks away.)

Saba: Uh… Tommy…? Tommy?!

Tommy: One second, Saba.

(The kids then shriek, prompting Tommy to stick his head back out. The fighter jets return from the horizon, bearing down on all of them. He instinctively throws himself into the pile as a shield and braces for the worst. He shuts his eyes and tenses up as a deafening explosion is heard.

(Nothing else happens. After a few seconds he opens his eyes back up. He looks up and finds the Crane Zord soring off in the distance. No sign of the jets in sight.)

Tommy: (Exhales) Let’s go kids. Stay close.

(He continues down the road, leading the class with him. Meanwhile…)

King Mondo: After him! Why are you letting him slip away?

(Meanwhile, somewhere in the other direction…)

Goldar: (Scrambling) I'm sorry master, but we’re losing power with each passing second. I really think we should focus o…

King Mondo: I’m not paying you to think.

Goldar: Sir, you aren’t paying me.

King Mondo: And yet I still feel you’re overpaid.

Goldar: …

“You’re too slow Mondo!!!”

(Still running ahead of Serpentera on his cloud, Ninjor calls back to Mondo to continue getting under his skin. Back downtown, Tommy and the group of children stop at the end of a block as the road forks into two different directions. Just as frightened as everyone else, the teacher cries out from the back.)

“There’s two paths! Which do we take?”

(Tommy hesitates briefly and he’s struck by a sense of déjà vu. A deep sense of foreboding also starts to settle in. Though he isn’t sure why. He turns to Saba for some comfort.)

Tommy: I can’t put my finger on it… but I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

(He gets no response.)

Tommy: Saba?

(He looks down.)

Tommy: Saba?!

(Saba isn’t there. He pats himself down, panics, then looks behind him. He finds nothing along the empty stretch of road behind him. It takes him a few seconds before he figures out why.)

Tommy: My powers… they’re failing already. Man… Zordon wasn’t kidding.

(He turns to the kids to try and be reassuring. Although the façade is surely back on.)

Tommy: Don’t worry kids. I’ll get you somewhere safe.

(But things are about to get a lot worse...)

Klank: Get ready Orbus…

(From atop a building, Klank is seen holding onto Orbus tightly. He leans over and looks down.)

Klank: Ready Rito?

Rito: (Thumbs up) Ready Krank.

Klank: (Groan.) Um. Klank.

(He takes the tiny Orbus and from a chain on his back swings him over his head.)

Klank: Around and around and away we gooooo!!!

(He chucks him over the side of the building, where he falls and lands on Rito.)

Orbus: You sure are a big boned fella!

(Orbus fires a tiny laser at Rito, causing him to convulse violently. Before long he starts growing rapidly. Before long, Rito becomes the size of the skyscrapers around him. towering over the city, as a defeated looking Tommy looks up helplessly.)

Tommy: Oh man… we’re toast.

(Not seeing Tommy right away, Rito lumbers to the right, giving Tommy a brief opening.)

Tommy: We head left. Stay low and move. Move!

(He ducks down and rushes down the left side of the street with the children quietly obeying his every command. He looks back to make sure they’re all safe. And that’s when it hits him. The feeling of déjà vu… this is the exact same scenario Tommy has practiced over and over in the command center. The one designed with no positive outcomes. The one that’s been eating away at him ever since and dictating his every irresponsible action is now replaying once more, only with real human lives.)

(He quickly becomes unnerved at the thought of these kids dying on his watch. He thinks of the small boy from earlier that died while on the evac tanks. The one he stood by and did nothing about. He was just as old as these kids when he failed him. Tommy stops short, with muscle memory dictating a surprise ambush up ahead.)

Tommy: Hang tight, we’ve got company!

(On cue, somebody appears… Charlie Horse, one of Master Vile’s former goons, turned Empire agent, appears in front of him.)

Charlie: You’re not going anywhere, white ranger! School may be out, but I have one more lesson to teach you kids!

(Without hesitation Charlie reaches for the machine gun slung around his shoulders, then charges for the kids and the now unarmed white ranger. Tommy again shuts his eyes, as without Saba he is powerless to stop him from a distance. Again, a loud explosion sets off in front of him.)

“I’ve got you covered, Tommy!”

(Again Tommy finds himself unharmed. He opens up and again finds the Crane Zord soaring off, having picked off the enemy. This time Tommy becomes panicked, knowing something bad is coming next…)

Tommy: Kat, NO! LOOK OUT!!!

(Anticipating the worst, he instead sees Katherine flying away completely unharmed. The unbeatable scenario had Kat get killed in a blindside attack by Serpentera. Only this time, Serpentera was nowhere near downtown Angel Grove. He had actually done something to beat the unbeatable scenario. Zordon was thankfully wrong. With a massive weight lifted off his shoulders he turns back to the kids and gestures for them to continue moving forward. Now with a newfound confidence that everything just might be okay. The same air of optimism also spreads to the command center...)

Alpha: Things are actually looking okay. We could get out of this yet, Zordon.

Zordon: I hope so Alpha. But we are not yet out of the darkness.

Alpha: No, but it is looking slightly brighter by the second.

Zordon: Indeed. And f the rangers do manage to pull this off, they will have accomplished what no one else could. They will humbly walk amongst their peers, but heroes they would all be. And I would forever owe each of them a debt of gratitude.

Alpha: Hey, they wouldn’t be able to get it done without you, big guy.

Zordon: I disagree. They’ve managed to pull together and pull out the seemingly impossible on their own. I have done nothing but make guesses so far. If they succeed tonight, this will be their victory and theirs alone.

(Just then, the sound of something printing comes from one side of the control panel. Alpha turns and finds a long sheet of paper making its way out.)

Alpha: (Tilts head) What is that?

Zordon: It appears to be the results of what I asked Billy to research. The possible negative impacts of the Zeo purge.

Alpha: …it’s long.

(Unsure of what to make of it, Alpha just watches as it continues to print onto the ground.)

Tommy: (Panting) I made it... thank god.

(Meanwhile back downtown and along the desolate city road, Tommy is seen hurriedly dragging himself alone toward the finish line. There are no children in sight, but the roundabout is. Meaning the conduit is in the immediate area. He nearly collapses as he reaches his goal, barely holding himself up by his arms on his knees.)

"Took you long enough."

Tommy: Huh?!

(He looks up, and finds Robbie, Rocky and Adam looking down at him.)

Tommy: Rob?! (Turns) Adam! You made it?!

Adam: (Nods) The trains are still running. I got here like 30 minutes ago. I would’ve gotten you coffee, but Goldar showed up…

Tommy: Thanks...

Rocky: What took you so long?

Tommy: (Points backwards) I found a bus full of kids. I had to wait for Billy to pick them up and take them somewhere safe.

(From the corner of his eye, he could sense Adam shaking his head.)

Tommy: …What?

Adam: Ever the idealist, man.

Tommy: What do you mean?

Adam: You’d jeopardize a whole mission just to not leave a man behind...

Rocky: Or a bunch of five-year olds, more specifically.

Robbie: Hey. (Shrugs) Who else is gonna buy White Ranger backpacks post apocalypse?

(The team shares a light chuckle at Tommy’s expense as he just grins and nods acceptingly. He knows at times like right now, a brief moment of levity supersedes any hurt feelings. Robbie then continues, with something he wouldn't expect from him...)

Robbie: Buut... I guess that's what makes you... a pretty good leader. You're always willing to go the extra mile. It's admirable... if …not totally irresponsible.

(Despite the backhandedness of his comment, it was still the nicest thing Tommy’s ever heard from Robbie. It also serves as a bit of validation to his deeply held apporach.)

Tommy: ...thanks, man. Uh... we should get going.

"Wait for me!"

(Having been almost forgotten, Kat rushes in from the distance.)

Tommy: Kat!

(Happy to see her alive and well, Tommy leaps forward and greets her with a swinging bear hug; an overreaction that catches everyone by surprise. Including Katherine.)

Katherine: Woah. Are you alright, Tommy?

Tommy: Yeah. I’m just glad you’re safe.

Adam: So... he doesn't care that [we're safe?

Robbie: (Shrugs) Not if you aren’t wearing pink, no

(Realizing how his actions may be perceived, Tommy pulls back.)

Tommy: Uh… It’s a… long story. I’m just glad everyone is alright.

Robbie: (Unconvinced) Hm.

Katherine: Looks like that’s the so called conduit. It’s in that store.

Tommy: Great. I guess this is it guys. We just gotta activate the Zeo crystals. Then this nightmare is finally over.

Adam: You guys ready to put this horrible day behind us?

Rocky: Ready as I’ll ever be. (Looks around) Strange though that we all managed to beat the cog army here.

Robbie: Uh… might’ve spoken too soon.

(Suddenly, legions of Cogs start pouring out of every corner around them. Almost waiting for their cue to entrap the five teens in a circle of steel. The rangers stand petrified, while from out of the mob somebody pushes their way to the front.)

“Greetings, power rangers! (Bows) A pleasure to make your acquaintance at last.”

Robbie: …Are you…

Adam: …Mondo?!

(They come face to face with Klank and Orbus. The former starts chuckling.)

Klank: Me? Oh, goodness no. I wish. I am his assistant.

Orbus: And I am his assistant.

Klank: You may call us Klank and Orbus. And I believe you have something of ours.

Tommy: (Turns to the others) ...Brace yourselves, guys.

Klank: Those Zeo crystals belong to the Machine Empire you see. And we are prepared to stop at nothing to obtain them.

Klank: Unless… You simply hand them over. Then this invasion ends right here, right now.

Robbie: What?!

Klank: It’s simple really. Mondo would much rather rule the world than destroy it. Your fighting only prolongs an inevitable defeat. Not to mention it increases the odds that Mondo may try to… cut his losses. As Zedd did in the Otherworld. Might I assume that some of you were there for that?

Tommy: ...

Klank: You rangers are sworn to protect the people of earth. So consider this choice carefully. You’ll actually be doing the right thing.

(They each turn to Tommy slowly, who stares back at them blankly. Giving up now goes against everything Tommy is as a person. But risking more lives goes against everything he is as leader. Finally, Robbie speaks up instead.)

Robbie: No. Forget it. We don’t make deals with monsters.

Robbie: You’re fifty feet away from being beaten. Do you really think we’d just give up?

Orbus: Hm. Silly humans. Have you never heard the phrase “live to fight another day?”

(Finally, Tommy speaks up.)

Tommy: We have another phrase. And that’s “no weapons formed against us shall prosper.”

“Right!”

Klank: Very well. You choose principles over the best interests of your planet? Then allow us to free you from suffering before you can live with your consequences.

Tommy: ...

Klank: Kill them.

(Suddenly, the mob of thousands closes in.)

Tommy: Now's the time. We fight.

(Reenergized, he turns to his team.)

Tommy: Protect the conduit. Protect the crystals. Above all, protect earth. This is the moment we’ve waited for, guys. Give everything you've got left. Fight like there's no tomorrow. Otherwise, there won’t be.

Robbie: Let’s do this. Power up, guys.

"Power up."

(The rangers pumps fists in unison, then charge the indomitable horde with their signature indomitable spirit. They split in a circle to take them on from the inside out.)

Tommy: Sui-yaa!!

(Tommy blocks a left chop from an enemy, a right from another, he ducks and lands two elbows. Then stands and connects with a butterfly kick. He barely contains himself as adrenaline has him in all-out attack mode.

Robbie’s besides him and pulls out his blade blaster. He goes full Doom, mowing down anything and everything indiscriminately. He passes by Adam, who gets spun to the ground behind him. He catches the steel boot however meant to cave his chest in.)

Adam: Grrr Grrrrrr…

(He jocks with the enemy to get free as the boot continues to force its way down with a mechanical vice. He becomes too fixed with this cog that he misses the one that pops in behind him ready to smash his face into the curb.)

Adam: (Gasps) Oh no!

(It appears with its right leg cocked up. But as soon as it does its left leg is knocked out underneath it. The first cog gets taken out second later.)

Adam: Huh?

(Adam sits up and finds Kat firing off shots with her power bow into the crowd.)

Adam: (Waves) Thanks Kat.

Katherine: Anytime… Look out!!

(Reactively, Adam dives his torso to the left as enemy fire goes astray. His power weapon materializes in his hand as he answers back…)

“Power axe!”

(He swipes backwards, cutting clean through the cog behind him. Having the same idea, Rocky, with power sword in hand, drives his sword into any enemy that comes close to him. He manages to gut several, though the act of impaling proves too slow as the numbers start catching up.)

Rocky: Huh?!

(With his sword still inside of a standing enemy, he gets pulled away from behind. He blocks a right hand but meets a steel boot to the ribs. He keels over in agony but before he can catch his breath a third drives the ball of their foot into his back, taking him down.)

Rocky: Ahhh!!

(The numbers start to be too much for the others too as the initial drive of adrenaline gives way to the reality.)

Katherine: Ugh! Let go!

(Looking to fire off another set of arrows, Kat gets her bow swiped. As she makes chase, she gets sniped down from an enemy atop a fire escape.)

Katherine: AHHH!

Tommy: Kat! Hang on!

(Tommy instinctively reaches for Saba, hesitates as the memory of it vanishing returns to him, then eats a kick to the chest in the meanwhile. He trips atop a closed dumpster, then scrambles to get back to his feet. It finally sets in that he’s completely surrounded by a mob of enemies upon looking around. There is hardly space to move, much less put up a viable fight. Then he remembers, that for every minute he continues to stall, their energy levels drop further and further.)

(Being fifty arduous feet away from his goal, Tommy decides it’s now or never, and goes all in.)

Tommy: Let go guys. Metallic armor, power up!

(While this goes on, Tanya is seen sneaking through the streets in the background, going completely unnoticed. She walks into the deserted Krispy Kreme, stopping only briefly to catch her bearings. Once she’s through the door.)

Tanya: (Panting) …

(Having never done anything close to this important, she has to take a few deep breaths to let this sink in. She then reaches for a black bag around her shoulders and sticks her hand inside. She smiles at what she finds.)

(She pulls out all six Zeo crystals, having had them this whole time as a failsafe. She starts laying them on the ground in a pre-determined order, then realizes she forgot something. She scurries back up and rushes to lock the door. But as her hand hovers over the lock, a voice startles her…)

“Well, well, well”

Tanya: (Gasps) …!

(Rito slowly emerges from the back, his sword unsheathed.)

Rito: Looks like you’ve made my job a whole lot easier.

Rito: Might I say though that you look phenomenal, Aisha. What, you’ve lost like ten pounds?

Tanya: HAYYYY-YAAA!!!

(Instinctively, she rushes toward him and shoves him, hard.)

Rito: OUGH…

(Rito takes a rough tumble to the floor, banging his head on the counter.)

(Just then, the door rings open. Tanya realizes then that she never locked the door.)

Orbus: Heck of a speech you gave Klank. I thought you had them for a minute.

Tanya: (Gasps) …!

Klank: Aye. I’ve been practicing since we landed. T’was really hoping we sounded bad a…AHHHH!!!

(Tanya reactively lunges toward them, causing Klank to shriek and clutch onto Orbus.)

Klank: Don't hurt me, I'm with child!!!

(Klank buries his head and scuffles over to Rito and picks him back up to his feet. Tanya, who isn’t trained in martial arts, still hesitantly puts her hands up, unwilling to give ground. Her lips quiver as she issues her next statement.)

Tanya: Which one of you is first?

Rito: (Scratches head)…?

Klank: (Looks at Orbus)…?!

Orbus: (Looks at Klank) …?!

Rito: I… just ate a whole rack of donuts. I really should wait at least a half hour before I…

Klank: Well I can’t… I have a note from my doctor saying I should avoid physical activities.

Orbus: Well don’t look at me! My limbs don’t even move.

Rito: (Shrugs) Eh, whatever… I don’t really like Mondo anyway. I’m outta here.

(Rito vanishes.)

Orbus: W-wait!! You’re the only one with a weapon!!

Klank: Oh my. The master is gonna be very upset that we’ve spoiled his master plan…

(Klank and Orbus then vanish, lifting a huge weight off of Tanya’s shoulders. Meanwhile, speaking of Mondo, his diversion continues, this time though a grassy forest. Ninjor leads him down a narrow passageway. Serpentera follows behind, tearing through said passage way while in pursuit.)

King Mondo: He’s getting away!! Get him!

Goldar: I’m trying, sir…

Master Vile: You either do, or do not. There is no try.

Goldar: Ha. I love Star Wa…

Master Vile: …

Goldar: (Bows head) Yes sir.

Ninjor: (Turns back) Yoohoo! You can’t catch me Mondo!

(Ninjor remembers to turn back every once in a while, to taunt Mondo so as to keep his attention. But each time now he has to turn back around to recompose himself. His already borrowed time grows shorter by the second. Ninjor feels himself slipping away. Still, it’s not for Mondo to know.)

Ninjor: (Turns back) Perhaps if you were a little less Mondo, you’d be better off.

King Mondo: Grr. Get out of here. I’m taking over!!

(Mondo shoves Goldar aside to assume command of the mecha.)

Goldar: Huh? What the--

King Mondo: You’re clearly not cutting it. Get out of here.

(Goldar slowly gets up, before He walking off dejectedly. Serpentera finally reaches the end of the forest with Mondo in control and now hovers over a lake.)

King Mondo: Where’d he go?

(Ninjor is suddenly nowhere to be found however. Managing to slink away during their scuffle.)

King Mondo: How do I turn this thing?

(He manages to turn the head to its left, he finds nothing. He turns it the other way to look right, and again finds nothing. He pulls the control shaft all the way down, and only sees his reflection in the water.)

King Mondo: He couldn’t have just vanished…

(Strangely though the reflection starts getting muddled the longer he holds on it. He doesn’t catch on at first, but the image vanishes as the water ripples. Then out of nowhere, a Megazord appears in its place as it bursts out of the water with a devastating uppercut.)

King Mondo: WHA---

(Back downtown, the rangers seem to fare better in Metallic armor. Managing to fend off small crowds as steel meets steel. Things start looking up for them. Until…)

Adam: Huh? (Touches self) I’ve de-morphed.

(Their powers start to fail.)

Katherine: Huy-yaa! Yaaaa!

(Kat kneels to a knee to take down two with a double elbow but is de-morphed by the time she lands the blows, sending a shocking shooting pain up her arms as her vulnerable elbows meet unforgiving metal. For the others it happens less suddenly, but just as impactful. Robbie’s blade blaster, which he has always counted on as an equalizer to make up for a lack of martial art skills, vanishes mid run.)

(Then Rocky’s power sword, which once upon a time slayed the evil green ranger, dematerializes in the red rangers hand.)

Rocky: …

(Then Tommy’s proud white tiger helmet, the symbol of his new era, gets wiped from his head.)

Tommy: …huh?

(It all happens in a different order, but the end result is the same for everyone; the powers that have guarded this team, and Angel Grove for the past three years is gone. Reduced to nothingness, like they’ve done to countless monsters over the years. All that’s left is them, all in civilian form, totally vulnerable. A horde of cogs still present, with only each other to turn to share blank, helpless looks.)

Tanya: Guys come inside! We’re ready!

(Tanya sticks her head out of the Krispy Kreme and says all they need to hear. The teens bolt for the door like their lives depend on it but are followed behind by the horde of relentless cogs.)

Tommy: Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!

Tanya: Get in, go! They’re tailing you!

Robbie: Don’t let them in!

(Adam leaps in, so does Kat and Rocky. The latter with enough presence of mind to look for a way to keep them out.)

Rocky: Close the gate! Where’s the gate?!

(He spots a dial next to the door and lunges himself towards it to turn it. The mechanical gate outside the door starts to drop. Robbie and Tommy remain outside, trying to wrestle off the mob as long as possible from entering.)

Robbie: AAAHG.

Tommy: They’re too strong!

Robbie: Get in there!

Tommy: I can’t. Not without you.

Robbie: Don’t be stupid.

Tommy: You’d do the same for me.

Robbie: No I wouldn’t. Now get in there!

(Tommy drops himself to waist level and makes it just under the gate as it continues to close. Robbie gets troubles by the closing window to escape, tries to follow suit but gets held back by a bunch of cogs.)

Robbie: Let go!

Katherine: Robbie! Come in!

Robbie: I’m trying!!

(Figuring the gate would remain open if one of them remained outside, they block his entrance by shoving him up against the dropping metal gate. The gate however is not closing, nor is it stopping as Rocky frantically tries to make it do. Finally, out of sheer desperation, he kicks the enemy directly in front of him right between the legs who instantly drops him to the floor. And with time running out be barely rolls underneath as the gate closes shut. Robbie sits up, surprised to still be alive. And takes a deep breath.)

Robbie: (Exhales) Talk about design flaw.

(The incessant sounds of banging and blasting can be heard from the other side as cogs try to break in. But they are safe. For now.)

Katherine: I’m so glad you’re alright, Robbie.

(Kat throws herself toward Robbie for a hug. He tentatively responds with one arm.)

Robbie: Tommy’s up there, Kat.

Tanya: That’s some heads up thinking Rocky. Way to show some leadership.

(Rocky, who just reacted at the time, realizes what he did and smiles proudly.)

Tommy: (Raises eyebrow) Leadership? Wait, he’s n…

Robbie: Shh. Let him have this.

Tanya: Though I don’t think we have much time. This may have just bought us a few minutes. We need to get started soon.

Tommy: …right.

Tanya: I have everything set up.

(Tanya steps toward the middle of the floor, revealing a small metal container with each of the crystals set up.)

Tanya: I set up the crystals just like Billy had in his schematics.

Tommy: Great. Let’s get started then. We don’t have a moment to lose. This war ends now.

(Just then Tommy’s communicator rings. He slowly answers, hiding poorly an expression that reads “what now?”)

Tommy: Yeah Zordon?

Zordon: Tommy, may I assume you are by the conduit?

Tommy: (Nods) Yes.

Robbie: We just got freed of Mondo’s goons. We have the small opening we need to use to the Zeo crystals.

Zordon: That is the reason I am calling you. I’ve asked Billy to do some research. There is something you need to know before you trigger the purge.

(They turn to one another with curious, yet not so eager looks. Tommy tries again to be the calm one. This time with more certainty in his eyes after having surviving what they already have.)

Tommy: Whatever it is, we can handle it.

Zordon: The results came in. And it appears that setting off the purge is in fact the most effective way to end this threat. However, it will also instantly destroy whoever initiates it.

(And just like that, his and everyone else confidence is smashed. Tommy quickly starts to unravel.)

Tommy: What? How? How is that possible?

Zordon: Tommy, the conduit is not the location in itself, but rather the person who sacrifices themselves to channel all of the Zeo energy. The amount of energy will instantly overwhelm them and they will perish as a result.

Tommy: No…

Katherine: This… this can’t be.

Tanya: But we’re so close.

Tommy: No. This isn’t fair. This can’t be happening, Zordon. No! I refuse to accept this! There has to be some other way. There just has to be!

Robbie: Calm down, man. Throwing a tantrum isn’t gonna help right now.

Tommy: Don’t tell me to calm down!

Adam: You guys, settle down. Both of you

Zordon: There is another way, Tommy. You may choose to surrender. And hope that earth is spared.

(Tommy is shocked to hear Zordon even contemplate such a thing. Although at this point, he is hardly surprised that this has become a viable option. Zordon continues.)

Zordon: You may also choose to continue fighting and hope to defeat Mondo conventionally. Although if I may be honest, that does not seem likely. Mondo continues to possess capabilities to obliterate all of earth at any time. Prolonging this battle might only increase the likelihood of him doing so.

Katherine: So… Klank was right.

Rocky: What do we do now then?

Zordon: However, this is not a decision I can make on your behalf. You must decide as a team what the best course of action will be. No matter what you choose, I could not be any more proud of what you have all done today. You have each fought valiantly, in the face of certain defeat.

(Zordon’s words offer hollow reassurance, as there is still no favorable solution in sight. That is when…)

Robbie: It’s fine.

(Robbie slowly steps forward.)

Robbie: We’ll go through with our first option. I’ll… I’ll initiate the purge.

Tommy: What?!

Katherine: Robbie, no. No you can’t.

Robbie: It’s okay. (Long Pause) Hand me the crystals.

Tommy: Rob, this is stupid. No.

Robbie: No. What’s stupid is the senseless losses earth has taken. What’s stupid is that in a day this entire planet has become unrecognizable, yet we’re arguing over how to save everyone. There are thousands dying as we argue right now. One more means nothing.

Robbie: Just let me do it. I’ve got nothing else left for me here. Not after today.

(Nobody speaks as Robbie takes that as a tacit confirmation. He slowly starts inching toward the conduit.)

“No wait!”

(Tanya speaks out.)

Tanya: I should do it.

Tanya: I’m not a ranger. You are. Your work doesn’t end after today. Mine does. I lived my life for my husband. My would-be family. I lost that today. And now my life is about payback. Please. Let me have this.

Robbie: …uhh.

Adam: …

Tanya: Just let me know from the other side how that S.O.B. looks when I fry his circuits.

Robbie: (Shakes head) No. I can’t let you do this.

Tommy: I can’t let either of you do this. Stand down.

Robbie: (Impatient groan) Give me a break. Give me one good reason why?

Tommy: Because I’m your leader, and I am ordering you both to stand down.

Tommy: It should be me. If anyone should be sacrificed, it should be me.

Tommy: This whole time. I’ve been trying to have it all. To save the day with no casualties. But… look at all of this!

(He turns his body toward the metallic gate and lets out a defeated laugh.)

Tommy: It’s like trying to stop a sandstorm with a damn net. I already failed. People are dead. Innocent people are dead. The world will never be the same again.

Katherine: …

Tommy: But not a single person here will die under my watch. On that, I will draw the line. I am your leader. I fight with you on the frontlines in order to protect all of you. And if anyone should die, it should be me.

(The room falls silent as nobody knows how to respond. The backdrop noise of Cog banging on the metal gate is the only thing heard as the rangers let sink in what is needed by one of them. That is until...)

“Never fear Tommy. Ninjor is here.”

(The familiar voice calls to them from the entrance as a figure materializes.)

Tommy: Huh? Ninjor?

(Ninjor suddenly becomes serious as he walks toward the others.)

Ninjor: None of you should have to sacrifice yourselves. My sword, is your sword. And that sword... should be mine to fall on.

Tommy: What?

Katherine: What are you saying?

Robbie: You mean…?

Tommy: Ninjor, no…

Ninjor: Enough.

(He sticks his hand out to silence the group. He continues.)

Ninjor: I don’t have much time left. I will shrivel and die if I spend another hour outside of Eltar. And in Eltar, I will have no one else to live the rest of my life with. I promised you all when you avenged Dulcea that I would protect you all until the very end.

Ninjor: Well, consider this the end.

(A now teary eyed Tommy doesn’t respond right away. But instead leans in for a hug for which Ninjor calmly reciprocates.)

Ninjor: Dulcea would be so proud of what you’ve all become. I initially did not think you were worthy of your powers, but she vouched for you. She was right. As always.

Tommy: (Sniffs) You can tell her when you meet her again.

Ninjor: (Nods) …will do.

(Tommy slowly pulls away.)

Ninjor: Quickly. Before Mondo returns.

(Meanwhile…)

“Y*****************AAAAAARG!!!!”

(Feeling the effects of a Zord sized uppercut, Mondo is rocked backwards.)

Corcus: We’ve got him reeling.

(The Alien Rangers, rejuvenated, operate their Zords kinetically from lakeshore as Mondo struggles to gain control.)

Delphine: No, he’s got himself reeling.

(By both panic and inexperience, all he does is swing Serpentera’s neck around wildly and fires errant shots into the sky.)

King Mondo: MACHIIINAAAA, STOP THIS CRAZY THIIIIING!!! YAAAAAAH.

“King Mondo.”

(To Mondo’s relief, Goldar’s voice resurfaces behind him.)

King Mondo: Thank goodness, Goldar. Get back here. I need your help.

Goldar: No.

King Mondo: What?!

Goldar: Bite me.

King Mondo: What?! Have you lost your mind? You looking to get fired son?

Goldar: I’ll do you one better.

King Mondo: Huh?

(He turns around, finding Goldar standing with Zedd, Rita, Rito, Finster and Squatt. The Machine Empire is tied up behind him.)

Goldar: Consider this my resignation.

King Mondo: Zedd!!!

Lord Zedd: Mondo, I believe you have something that belongs to me.

King Mondo: My family! What have you done?!

Lord Zedd: You always did get in your own way. I should have deactivated you when you outlived your usefulness. But I guess I pitied you.

King Mondo: Pity this!!!

(He fires a shot from a concealed laser he whips out. Zedd blocks it and fires back at him. It barely misses Mondo but knocks him against the control panel, forcing Serpentera into the air.)

“Y*****************AAA!!!”

(The alien rangers look up into the sky, confused, as Serpentera suddenly disappears into the distance.)

Tideus: Did… we just win?

Delphine: I think so.

(Back in downtown Angel Grove, the ranger teens and Ninjor prepare for the purge with the room set up. The teens stand in a circle, surrounding Ninjor. Similar to how they stood around him when they met him to receive their powers, it is how they’ll stand around him to say goodbye. Ninjor starts, by reading an incantation.)

Ninjor: Strongest powers, heaven sent. Zeo crystals, lend us strength.

(His voice echoes through the room, yet nothing happens right away. The only sound is that of the Cog’s relentless banging as they try to get in. Eventually, the Zeo crystals start to light up in response to Ninjor’s chant. He continues…)

Ninjor: Harnessed from earth, guides us in fight. Zeo crystals, show us your light!

(Energy starts to pick up as the crystals shake over Ninjor’s head. The room grows worried with an unknowing dread as Ninjor continues stoically.)

Ninjor: Defeat our foes and end this catastrophe. Release your powers. Release them… through me!

(A powerful beam suddenly shines from the crystals as an overwhelming light fills the room. A mysterious force suddenly shoves the teens against the hard wall behind them. They each fill with a multicolored energy, but it can hardly be processed in the moment.)

Katherine: Ugh…

(Things unfolds quickly. The room grows so bright so fast it’s impossible to see if Ninjor is still even in the room. The crystals are the only thing clearly visible and appears to stand alone in the air. The crystals unleash another round of energy, this one completely white. It disperses through the walls. The teens instinctively duck for cover.)

Rocky: …

(This beam bypasses them entirely though as it travels and disappears from the room. Suddenly, the Cogs trying to bust inside the donut shop stop. As if a switch has turned them all off, they topple over like mannequins. The energy continues traveling throughout Angel Grove, disabling the droves of enemies in the middle of attacks on civilians. The beam doesn’t stop in their city either. It travels even outside the state, only picking up speed as it spreads across the globe.)

Sam: Quickly. Get him in!

(Outside of Phoenix, Sargent Trueheart, the man Tommy met on his Zeo quest, rushes with an EMT to get his fallen deputy to the back of an ambulance. Fighter drones are in the distance firing in their direction. In one fell swoop though, the beam of light passes them, without harm to any civilian. The drones fall to the ground and explode, like flies caught in a trap.)

Sam: …?!

(In Mexico, more Cogs approach the village the small boy that Rocky visited resides in. They point laser beams at the boy as they continue to search for a crystal that is no longer there. The boy closes his eyes and lowers his head, resigning himself to his fate. But after a while when nothing happens, he reopens his eyes and finds all Cogs surrounding him in the floor, completely non-functional.)

Diego: …?

(The beam spreads out across all regions and time zones, from Canada, the Philippines, New York and London. Each city sees drones stopping in their tracks and falling straight down in their respective skylines. The beam reaches as far as South Africa, where the Cogs return once more having realized Charlie Horse never walked away with the Zeo crystals.)

“Ahhh!!”

“Help!”

(The church attendees once again brace for their lives, when suddenly, the enemies pause. The bright light passes by in a heartbeat, which most feared was an attack from the hostage takers. Instead all the cogs fall, becoming scrap metal, while sparing everybody else. Everyone is confused initially. All except for Mr. Okafor, Tanya’s father, who laughs in a jubilant realization.)

Mr. Okafor: Mister Adam! Adam has saved us all!

(The church explodes into cheers as the beam moves on. Back at the command center, Alpha and Zordon try to register what exactly has happened.)

Zordon: Alpha, can you give me an energy reading?

(Alpha tinkers with the control panel.)

Alpha: There is no trace of evil energy left on earth. There is a spike of energy on my readings, but that is because of the Zeo powers.

(He reads the reports a little further...)

Alpha: Ninjor’s energy levels are nowhere to be found. They’ve dropped off.

(There is a brief pause before Zordon replies.)

Zordon: Understood, Alpha. Thank you.

(Suddenly, a sound is heard by the entrance.)

Alpha: (Gasps) …!

(Meanwhile, after the dust has somewhat settled, the power rangers meet with the Aquitian rangers by Angel Grove lake, each of their hands extended as they bid farewell.)

Delphine: Thank you.

Tommy: It was an honor having you here to help us.

Delphine: The honor is all ours.

Rocky: I guess this is goodbye.

Tideus: Yes. We must get back to our planet to rehydrate.

Tommy: I don’t know how to thank you for everything you’ve done. Earth wouldn’t be standing right now if it wasn’t for you.

Delphine: We understand you would do the same for us.

Katherine: In a heartbeat.

Aurico: What’s next for you all?

Robbie: I don’t know. Mourn? Rebuild perhaps.

Tommy: We have to get back to the command center first and regroup. Our communicators shut down after the purge. They may have overheated when they came into contact with the Zeo energy.

Delphine: Then consider this one last act of assistance.

(Delphine begins waving her arms around in a circle, and summons a cloud of energy that surrounds the teens. Before long, they teleport away.)

Delphine: Until we meet again, power rangers of Earth.

(The ranger teens are teleported just outside the command center. Meanwhile, inside…)

Zordon: Who’s there? Show yourself, now!

Alpha: I sense no ranger energy. This may be an intruder.

Zordon: Prepare the protective force fields, Alpha.

“Hey...”

(Suddenly, their distress is quickly deflated as Billy appears through the hallways.)

Billy: Relax. It’s just me.

Alpha: Billy! (Exhales) That’s a relief.

(Everyone shares a brief chuckle at the overreaction to the false alarm. Even Billy, who was nearly caught in a force field laughs it off as he remains behind the control panel.)

Alpha: Sorry Billy!

Billy: Don’t worry about it.

Alpha: Why didn’t you teleport? The threat is over.

Billy: I know. My communicator just shut down. It’s the strangest thing too, my morpher just suddenly van…

(His eyes wander, until they meet something that shouldn’t be there.)

Billy: Huh? What is…

(Just outside, the rest of the teens appear.)

Katherine: We’re here. We’ll just walk up I guess.

Adam: I guess that was it for Mondo, huh?

Tanya: I wonder if we got him in the purge or if he escaped?

Tommy: I don’t know. I bet Zordon could tell us though.

Rocky: If that’s the worst of it though, I’m pretty sure we can handle anything else he gives us moving forward.

(They start up the hill on the way to the command center.)

Robbie: Would it have killed us to be teleported a few more feet?

(A sudden jarring boom blindsides the rangers. The sheer force alone knocks them all down to the foot of the hill. They fall backwards over one another, seeing only the command center being ripped apart and set ablaze as they stumble.)

Adam: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tommy: ALPHA!! ZORDON!!!

(Tommy struggles to get back up and tries hopelessly to run up the hill. He gets held back by Katherine as the damage is more than done. It happens in a matter of seconds but the destruction was swift and absolute. The command center is gone in a jarring scene. All that remains is the base which is itself engulfed in black smoke. The teens look on woefully, with no idea of what to do next. Mondo’s invasion of earth may indeed not have been a complete success, but his mission of destroying the rangers was. The rangers as we know them, are finished.)

To Be Continued.

Last edited by BrownRangerKev; October 3rd, 2018 at 12:20 PM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 16th, 2018, 10:54 AM #811
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Excellent job! I could imagine everyone recording their lines as I was reading this! =D You're doing a great job! Please, by all means, keep up the good work and I can't wait for more! You're excellent at this story and I love it.
Old June 18th, 2018, 11:06 AM #812
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Thanks Angie! Glad you liked it.

Any thoughts on the portrayal of Klank and Orbus? I sensed you were looking forward to their debuts lol.
Old June 18th, 2018, 01:44 PM #813
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

Thanks Angie! Glad you liked it.

Any thoughts on the portrayal of the two henchbots? I sensed you were looking forward to their debuts lol.
I was, but I'm not allowed to mention their names anymore, not even when I am replying to your quotes (so I'm sorry if I have to cut out the names). I am happy that they're here at least, but am still bummed about the monsters not all being included. Anyway, keep up the good work, I love it! Oh, and Sprocky (my nickname for the prince) is really funny here too!
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:04 PM #814
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I was, but I'm not allowed to mention their names anymore, not even when I am replying to your quotes (so I'm sorry if I have to cut out the names). I am happy that they're here at least, but am still bummed about the monsters not all being included. Anyway, keep up the good work, I love it! Oh, and Sprocky (my nickname for the prince) is really funny here too!
LMAO. That's kinda funny actually. Sorry to hear that.

And I'm not sure which monsters you mean. The Sleepy one? (I assume you can't say that one either.)
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM #815
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

LMAO. That's kinda funny actually. Sorry to hear that.

And I'm not sure which monsters you mean. The Sleepy one? (I assume you can't say that one either.)
Her, the Conky-esque one, the love-based one....pretty much all of them. I actually am pretty upset about it because everyone else can but I cannot. I'm actually pretty sad about it and have been crying for days now. I really hope you can include them into your story.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:08 PM #816
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Her, the Conky-esque one, the love-based one....pretty much all of them. I actually am pretty upset about it because everyone else can but I cannot. I'm actually pretty sad about it and have been crying for days now. I really hope you can include them into your story.
Sorry to hear that.

And I'll see how my season shapes out, and see if I can slip one or two in at some point.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:12 PM #817
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

Sorry to hear that.

And I'll see how my season shapes out, and see if I can slip one or two in at some point.
Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy this is going to make me. I really enjoy the monsters. A lot of them have very cute and adorable designs that don't make them seem evil at all. It really hurts you when you find out that they are if you grow to love them a lot like I do.

Which ones are YOUR favorites? Are they my choices as well?
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:24 PM #818
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy this is going to make me. I really enjoy the monsters. A lot of them have very cute and adorable designs that don't make them seem evil at all. It really hurts you when you find out that they are if you grow to love them a lot like I do.

Which ones are YOUR favorites? Are they my choices as well?
I honestly don't remember Zeo too well. I may have to rewatch it at some point before I start writing it. I'll let you know then.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:30 PM #819
> AngieYaz
Banned

AngieYaz
Banned

Alright. Try watching it on DailyMotion. A friend of mine was a background actor in the softball episode.

Barbara and the others did a fantastic job on the characters. I actually wish that the season was a two-parter becuse humans versus bots was a very cool concept to use in a show like this! Everything's mixed with tech. Not to mention, as I said, the monsters have some very cute and adorable designs to them.
Old June 19th, 2018, 05:20 AM #820
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Any thoughts on the portrayal of Klank and Orbus?
Getting Klank's name right is a good start hahahaha.

In all seriousness, what an awesome debut to the Machine Empire. Looking forward to "Zeo Ranger Zero, Brown"
zedd_heart_rita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote