Home Menu

Menu

Old March 13th, 2019, 09:00 PM #881
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Man, seeing Fred tonight was hard.

We haven't seen the gang unite in a long time, it was nice to see them formulate a plan to save Archie's life once and for all. And I wonder what Archie's gonna do with his own gym long-term...
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM #882
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Archie must heal fast

it's only been a couple of months since he broke up with Veronica and how many times has he been mauled, stabbed, beaten?

Hopefully Reggie doesn't disappear into the woodwork after this...

still weird Hiram and Archie not harboring any grudges, especially since Hiram's deeds were still giving Archie major grief after their truce...

all the dialogue spoken by/directed to Fred Andrews has sort of taken on added dimensions...more symbolism now that Luke is gone...

it was kind of eerie in a sense... some of his last recorded words reflecting more than just the scene he was in

Last edited by bearytrek; March 13th, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
bearytrek is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 10:14 PM #883
> daaarn
Power Ranger

daaarn
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

Archie must heal fast

it's only been a couple of months since he broke up with Veronica and how many times has he been mauled, stabbed, beaten?

Hopefully Reggie doesn't disappear into the woodwork after this...

still weird Hiram and Archie not harboring any grudges, especially since Hiram's deeds were still giving Archie major grief after their truce...

all the dialogue spoken by/directed to Fred Andrews has sort of taken on added dimensions...more symbolism now that Luke is gone...

it was kind of eerie in a sense... some of his last recorded words reflecting more than just the scene he was in
Fred was in this episode? When were his scenes? I must've missed it.
daaarn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 11:55 PM #884
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Archie must heal fast

He's the resident Wolverine.

daaarn wrote: View Post

Fred was in this episode? When were his scenes?
He was at F.P.'s birthday party.
Old March 14th, 2019, 03:16 AM #885
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

How the hell did Gladys not know that the house she was buying belonged to the Coopers?
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:40 AM #886
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Agent Z wrote: View Post

How the hell did Gladys not know that the house she was buying belonged to the Coopers?
This is Gladys we're talking about, who's to say she didn't? But even then, there was probably a realtor involved, so Glady just made her deal and wham. Though really I feel like Gladys knew and either didn't care, or just did it purposely.

Fun episode, though yeah Fred's appearance...ouch. Also given that before we had that whole bit with Archie bringing Ricky to meet his dad, then cutting to after all that. But yeah. Not to mention, it's such a shame not just cause the guy is dead, but in terms of his character if the Jones really do move into the Cooper house for any length of time it would've been fun to see FP and Fred as neighbors.

Shame things have seemed to fail between V and Reggie. I do wonder what it'll mean for Reggie. Will he be stupid enough to get in with Hiram, or Gladys? I feel like he's gotten a taste of that life so he wont just leave it to go back to being a regular teenager.

On the note of Hiram, I feel like he's got to be up to something giving Archie the gym. Just can't help not taking him at his word that it's all just to help make bygones bygones. Just seems too odd. But who knows I guess, maybe he is just being honest for a change. But seems too convenient.

It was nice seeing Archie, Jugs, and Betty coming together for a plan. Mostly they've been separated in ones or twos, so it felt like a nice improvement. Also totally didn't think the plan would work, but it was nice that it did, and hopefully ended the hunt for Archie's life. Still curious to see where things lead this season. Assumedly putting a real end to the Gargoyle King, still think it's the guy running the Farm but who knows.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 08:08 AM #887
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Ahh good old riverdale reminding me how uneventful my life is
Am i the only one who got a vibe that
FP is gonna get killed or have something tragic happen to him. Just the whole convo about death with Jugg in the car and his party etc made me feel something inside.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 08:08 AM #888
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

she probably didn't give a hoot

I would imagine the better question is why FP and Jug didn't say something cause they looks surprised Betty and Alice were there
Old March 14th, 2019, 08:30 AM #889
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

she probably didn't give a hoot

I would imagine the better question is why FP and Jug didn't say something cause they looks surprised Betty and Alice were there
They did try to say something. They didn't even know Gladys was taking them there because she was buying the house. That's when Betty and Alice came out and Betty said. "you're the anonymous buyer!?"

Also, can we call Toni the worst security ever? I know Cheryl wasn't actually planning to rob the safe but at least wait until you're out of the bar to screw her.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 10:40 AM #890
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

toejammer wrote: View Post

Am i the only one who got a vibe that
FP is gonna get killed or have something tragic happen to him. Just the whole convo about death with Jugg in the car and his party etc made me feel something inside.
We already know he's being set up to fall, even Jughead knows. That's why he's keeping the secret.

Also, can we call Toni the worst security ever? I know Cheryl wasn't actually planning to rob the safe but at least wait until you're out of the bar to screw her.
That's what made it so hot.
Old March 14th, 2019, 12:01 PM #891
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

since they were still working on the last episodes of the season before Luke Perry passed, I'm thinking they'll just have an excuse for Fred being absent (away visiting his ex or whatever) in the last few shows and then take the summer to really brainstorm on what to do with his character (rather than rushing something at the end of the season)...

I don't expect them to recast...that would probably not feel right...maybe some traffic accident (offscreen, inbetween seasons...something random and not necessarily conspiracy/hidden agenda)...of course the problem is that it leaves Archie on his own (unless they get his mom to commit to being a regular)...would he take over the family business?

I could see that happening for awhile (but not for long as Archie behind a desk is pretty boring)...if he can't pay off the mortgage on the house (presuming there is one) maybe he goes to live in the gym that Hiram gave him?
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:58 PM #892
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

They did try to say something. They didn't even know Gladys was taking them there because she was buying the house. That's when Betty and Alice came out and Betty said. "you're the anonymous buyer!?"

Yeah but if they waited till out of the bar it would've been public indecency. Or else they'd be messing up Pop's diner and that place is practically sacred. And technically Toni is the best security ever, cause she saw Cheryl(her at the time still gf) casing the joint and stayed there over night to catch her in the act.

So I think I must've missed something, but why did Veronica stop hiring the Serpents as security? She was using them before, but was it just during the quarantine then? Cause Reggie talks about missing the Serpents, then Veronica goes and hires the Poisons. But I mean...it seems easier to just go back to Jug. But I guess I missed how that ended.

Also, Cheryl is kind of bugging me lately.
I mean I like Cheryl, she can be fun. But...a couple episodes ago we had a real character growth moment for her. And then it's like immediately she just went back to be the same as she's always been. And thus became jealous of Toni and frustrated at Toni taking charge of the Poisons which was at least the idea in the first place when Cheryl presented her with them. But as soon as Toni questioned about being the leader, it was basically doomed.

I don't know, it just kind of feels like a classic episode of PR where the character is given a sudden problem or character trait just for the lesson of the day, then it's forgotten about. Toni called Cheryl out on her selfish behavior, she seemed to honestly take it to hard and try and mend her ways...then immediately just reverted to regular Cheryl and things went downhill. Maybe it's just me.

Oh and poor, naïve Jug
Thinking he's going to "save" JB from their mom, haha! I really did laugh when he said that, and shake my head. Though it'll hopefully be fun to see if JB turns the tables on Jug at some point and reveal she's been I cahoots with their mom from the start. I hope we get something from her though, so far she's just been background dressing basically.

since they were still working on the last episodes of the season before Luke Perry passed, I'm thinking they'll just have an excuse for Fred being absent (away visiting his ex or whatever) in the last few shows and then take the summer to really brainstorm on what to do with his character (rather than rushing something at the end of the season)...

I don't expect them to recast...that would probably not feel right...maybe some traffic accident (offscreen, inbetween seasons...something random and not necessarily conspiracy/hidden agenda)...of course the problem is that it leaves Archie on his own (unless they get his mom to commit to being a regular)...would he take over the family business?

I could see that happening for awhile (but not for long as Archie behind a desk is pretty boring)...if he can't pay off the mortgage on the house (presuming there is one) maybe he goes to live in the gym that Hiram gave him?
It could be interesting to see Archie left with the business since he hasn't shown much of a head for it, and kinda failed at being a simple worker. Wouldn't be surprised if he either let one of Fred's guys run it, or Hiram might try to get it from him.

Though I could also see Archie try to use money from the construction business to make his gym into something. Then again, there's already one so there'd be some definitely hurt feelings if Archie tried to make a rival business. But I could see him trying to use the construction company to keep it afloat and losing one or both.

But I don't think Archie alone would really be that big a deal, he's basically been that way for awhile anyways.

Last edited by Alitain; March 14th, 2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:06 PM #893
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Alitain wrote: View Post

I think I must've missed something, but why did Veronica stop hiring the Serpents as security? She was using them before, but was it just during the quarantine then? Cause Reggie talks about missing the Serpents, then Veronica goes and hires the Poisons. But I mean...it seems easier to just go back to Jug. But I guess I missed how that ended.
The Serpents are deputies now, they can't support an illegal operation.
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:09 PM #894
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

That was before they were even deputized, though.
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:11 PM #895
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I'm aware of that. But their junior deputy status thing came after. I was questioning when Veronica stopped hiring them and didn't bother just to rehire them now. But yes, of course now that they got this new gig they wouldn't be available for that.
Old March 14th, 2019, 05:18 PM #896
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Alitain wrote: View Post

I was questioning when Veronica stopped hiring them and didn't bother just to rehire them now.
Keep in mind, the numbers thinned after Toni and Cheryl got punted, then the Garghoulies brought in to replace them made for instability.
Old March 14th, 2019, 06:26 PM #897
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Keep in mind, the numbers thinned after Toni and Cheryl got punted, then the Garghoulies brought in to replace them made for instability.
I thought about the numbers issue, though it seemed they weren't working for Veronica before the Gargoyles were brought in anyway so that wouldn't really be a factor.

The only thing I could think was after Hiram's shooting and all that plus her interaction with Gladys, she might've cut things with Jugs. But regardless, I'm pretty sure there was no real explanation. They just stopped suddenly working for her, oh well I guess.
Old March 14th, 2019, 10:44 PM #898
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I couldn't help but roll my eyes a the sex scene in the episode. I watched it on DVR this morning, and I was able to fast forward through it, but it sucked that it had to be mixed in with Archie's fight scenes.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:19 PM #899
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

toejammer wrote: View Post

They’re not planned to be there for earlier episodes, its from last weeks episode and onwards
No. The episodes from Season 3 is what I was referring to. On Netflix they only have seasons 1 and 2.
vze21gwa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 01:04 AM #900
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

vze21gwa wrote: View Post

No. The episodes from Season 3 is what I was referring to. On Netflix they only have seasons 1 and 2.
Ahh.
Us netflix wait until after airing, but international gets it next day since its only way for us to watch
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote