Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

yeah no creepy-psycho-serial-killer vibes from that
farm girl at all...nope nosiree...

I guess that town shows what
Riverdale will become should Hiram manage to totally control everything

speaking of, how the heck did
Hiram get put away in jail in the first place if he's so powerful? Wouldn't that have thrown his empire into chaos?

So Veronica
is compromised now...justifying cheating and criminal foul play for the greater good...or rather HER good... I suspect this is all part of Hiram's grand plan to win her back...
and I do like how Reggie's become her first hand man...though he's gotta find matching pants to that tux in the future...

and I loved Betty's inner monologue...
that was dumb on her part to expect that secret escapeway to still be there though after being used once before...

by the time Archie and Jughead get back to town I suspect
neither Betty nor Veronica will be the same people they left behind

since Mineta's
gone missing (or dead?) could Keller be back in as sherrif?
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 03:08 PM #782
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

“This psycho bitch”

Man Hiram has his fingers in so many pies its unreal. A true businessman
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:31 PM #783
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

bearytrek wrote: View Post

speaking of, how the heck did
Hiram get put away in jail in the first place if he's so powerful? Wouldn't that have thrown his empire into chaos?

So Veronica
is compromised now...justifying cheating and criminal foul play for the greater good...or rather HER good... I suspect this is all part of Hiram's grand plan to win her back...
and I do like how Reggie's become her first hand man...though he's gotta find matching pants to that tux in the future...
I mean plenty of criminals run gangs and all from prison. Hell, we watched Hermione basically do some of his dirty work for him while being "away" from him as he was locked up. And hell we already know he still had his gang/organization once he was out.

Might be curious to figure out the timeline. Their goal last season was to get the prison made, and it seems that's still being done. But Hiram apparently owns an entire town or at least enough of one to force the men into indentured labor effectively, to make it. So has this prison been going on before he got out of jail, or was this newer and something he's been establishing after last season? But to take over a town so completely in such short time seems rather unrealistic.

Yeah, can't help feeling like Hiram is playing Ronnie. I mean he doles out "sage" advice on handling criminals that involves going in for a big, no holds bar bet. Putting everything on the line, even with rigging it by having the dealer...still I feel like she's going to try and cross him down the road and he's going to hose her, leaving her losing something. Whether it's Pop's or something less physical...don't know.

Also kinda wonder with Archie away like this, if there might be something with Reggie maybe making a play for her? Or there be some vulnerable moment of Ronnie's and things just happen? Maybe not, just can't help feeling like it's a possibility.

And can't help but wonder with the Gargoyle King, if he's a real and all, is Ethel's "romance" with just in her head or is he playing her(like probably a lot of people), for his own uses. I feel like it's really just in her head, but I wonder if they'll go with a creepy 'adult preying on a minor' thing. With the climate these days, I could see them putting that in there*argh*. Can't really help wonder as well, if Ethel will die due to this GK business, or even if she survives this, if we wont see her character afterward; like they'll mention Ethel was moved to some treatment facility to help her with the effects of this mess and all. Random thoughts.

Oh, and you think the Ghoulies are going to switch to fizzle rocks now instead of jingle jangle? And hey, I really don't know Archie comics but at both those names drugs in the comics? Like I said, I know really nothing but I feel like the comics aren't the type to have drug use and all. Not in the main line at least. Yet those names sound so cheesy that I can expect them from some old school comic so now they're using them but even with them treating the drugs seriously, when they say those names I gotta laugh some.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:48 AM #784
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Alitain wrote: View Post

I mean plenty of criminals run gangs and all from prison. Hell, we watched Hermione basically do some of his dirty work for him while being "away" from him as he was locked up. And hell we already know he still had his gang/organization once he was out.
oh I know people can run things while inside the slammer, but I was wondering how he could get convicted and have to serve time if he's such a big bad...

unless that was his plan to get inside the prison...
Old December 7th, 2018, 06:24 PM #785
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

bearytrek wrote: View Post

oh I know people can run things while inside the slammer, but I was wondering how he could get convicted and have to serve time if he's such a big bad...

unless that was his plan to get inside the prison...
Could easily be. Even then while I can't remember if they went into any details on how he got put away, just cause he's powerful doesn't always mean he's untouchable. Also, like I brought up before, some of his power with the town and all could've potentially happened after being imprisoned so maybe he's only become this power now, but hasn't always been.
Old December 8th, 2018, 01:58 AM #786
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Found this on another forum

- Veronica Lodge, 2018
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:23 AM #787
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

That's so accurate!
Dexter1998 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2018, 10:30 PM #788
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

"Can I get a hug?"
"Can I get a dad?"
Solid diss, J.B. I want you back next season.

Was Riverdale stated to be in Ohio? Because they sure got to Toledo and back quickly.

I don't get it, why couldn't Archie's dad come with him? All they have is each other, what would he be leaving behind?

Syrupboarding. I've officially seen everything.

I can't believe they've been playing the stupid game this long and we're only just now hearing about the Gryphon Queen.

And hoo-boy, Hiram's master plan has reached critical mass. It'll be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

And according to the previews,
Vereggie is officially a thing!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:51 AM #789
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Jugheads Mum has got it goin on
I loved JellyBeans attitude, even her crush on archie made me burst out laughing.

This town is getting out of hand and i loveee it. Series is starting to win me over abit more now,
toejammer is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 07:03 AM #790
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

"Can I get a hug?"
"Can I get a dad?"

Was Riverdale stated to be in Ohio? Because they sure got to Toledo and back quickly.

I don't get it, why couldn't Archie's dad come with him? All they have is each other, what would he be leaving behind?

I can't believe they've been playing the stupid game this long and we're only just now hearing about the Gryphon Queen.

And hoo-boy, Hiram's master plan has reached critical mass. It'll be very interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Spunky JB was amusing, for sure. As for the distance, well remember Jug and Archie had been on foot, wandering around before Jug took them to his mom's. She's probably not too far away. We also don't know exactly what time it was when FP and Jugs got back. It was sometime probably in the morning when the dads showed up, so they had maybe half the day and into the night plus they were beelining for Riverdale. Honestly I don't know where Riverdale is suppose to be, if it's suppose to be anywhere in particular, so oh well.

Yeah, the syrupboarding was pretty hilarious. Silly in a way, but hilarious. I hope they left her there till it dried. On the other side of things, who wants to bet Peabody shows up again more deranged than before huh? If not this season, then next I can totally see her getting revenge on Gladys maybe forcing JB to be sent to Riverdale.

I feel like the Gryphon Queen may be something new Ethel and Betty concocted to get the girls to do what they want, rather than some unheard of character. Either that or given that the game was focused on fear it makes sense that little if anything is ever done for a "noble" character like the Gryphon Queen. And yet part of rolled my eyes a bit at how of course the Queen is the mighty, heroic savior that vanquishes the evil, fearful King that's trying to control the poor girls. But I've gotten a bit paranoid on that subject so...probably just me. Actually I fully expected them to run outside only to find some deterrent cause it seemed like things were going too well again for Betty's escape plan.

And thankfully it seems Hiram is either just as delusional, or at least otherwise not the GK himself. Since this plot is still going, I really can't help but think the leader of the Farm is behind it all still. They introduce this crazy cult that's run in the background during this whole mess, but we haven't really had much direct exposure to it. I mean it feels like the obvious answer, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not.

Also wonder, was the Sisters outside Riverdale? I mean I assume no...but can't really remember. Or the Farm. Cause it makes me wonder if Betty and all them are stuck outside the town now like FP and Jugs(and Fred when he gets there). Also I'm assuming, if they aren't locked out of town, that Alice will take Betty, Ethel, and the escapees to the Farm which will probably tie into all this mess and have Betty uncover the truth on her end. Seems kind of logical, though maybe not. It should be interesting to see how this plays out, gotta say I feel this season has definitely been stronger and I like it.

And lets not forget the important thing. Cheryl totally referred to Hiram and their parents as the Legion of Doom! Totally called it last year, that made me laugh. But I must say, am I the only one who feels it was irresponsible of Fred to give Archie his dog? I mean he's going to be a kid on the run, why would you give him responsibility over a pet?

toejammer wrote: View Post

Jugheads Mum has got it goin on
I loved JellyBeans attitude, even her crush on archie made me burst out laughing.

This town is getting out of hand and i loveee it. Series is starting to win me over abit more now,
Yeah the crush bit was typical and obvious, but was pretty funny. I would not be against her showing up again when things settle down hopelessly making a play for Archie.

EDIT:
Oh and Gladys immediately assuming Jugs and Archie had finally become a couple was stupid, but just so amusing and nice nod to shippers out there.

My imagination has gotten running though. So lets say they stop Hiram, maybe even get him arrested or something(again) by the end of this season. Part of me can't help wonder if Gladys wouldn't show up next season and try to take control of the Serpents from Jugs. Out of motherly concern and all that, sure, but still. Or be there as another crew that sorta clashes with the Serpents, but since it's her Jugs doesn't want to fight her or anything you know? Random thought.

Last edited by Alitain; December 13th, 2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:04 PM #791
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

"I'm coco bananas for you!"

"My TT has fallen."

There is no way Madelaine Petsch is being paid enough to say lines like this.

Last edited by Agent Z; December 13th, 2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 12:56 PM #792
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I must say, am I the only one who feels it was irresponsible of Fred to give Archie his dog? I mean he's going to be a kid on the run, why would you give him responsibility over a pet?
Loneliness.
Old December 13th, 2018, 11:36 PM #793
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

"Can I get a hug?"
"Can I get a dad?"

Jack Bauer: Why didn't I think of that?
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:47 AM #794
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Old January 16th, 2019, 10:45 PM #795
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Was I the only one who saw the ending and thought
Afterlife with Archie here we come?

But seriously, stupidest writing this show's ever done, just inserting a bear attack of all things out of nowhere. They at least could have had Vegas attack or be attacked by the bear to force him to fight it off, but then that would require enough budget to put the freaking bear on screen...

I don't know how Veronica thought
her fake numbers were going to trick her dad, but good to see her employ the Serpents in the end, getting over on her dad the way that always works, friendship. Too bad Toni and Cheryl threw away their membership to screw with Hiram...

Really not like Betty to
be so slow. Hiram's got money, springing the sisters was a simple move, and everyone involved in this knows running to the blue-icide is the first thing the guilty party does.

And that's not even mentioning the kids being shipped to the farm after she saw the cronies sniffing around...
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:06 AM #796
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Was I the only one who saw the ending and thought
Afterlife with Archie here we come?

But seriously, stupidest writing this show's ever done, just inserting a bear attack of all things out of nowhere. They at least could have had Vegas attack or be attacked by the bear to force him to fight it off, but then that would require enough budget to put the freaking bear on screen...
I mean...if Vegas had fought off a freakin bear that'd be WAY more impressive than should be possible for this show. And then what? Vegas is injured and Archie sits around sad trying to save his dog...which has nothing to do with the point of his story this entire episode. Who cares if they didn't actually show a bear? We know there was one, he's in a freakin forest it's not really 'out of nowhere'. But we don't need to see it. He got attacked, then clearly ran for his freakin life which was smart. The point was him going on a mental journey to come to terms with the things he's done since last season leading to this point. Vision quest and all. Of course, also seems like he might have put himself into a coma or something...but hey who cares it'll be alright.

I don't know how Veronica thought
her fake numbers were going to trick her dad, but good to see her employ the Serpents in the end, getting over on her dad the way that always works, friendship. Too bad Toni and Cheryl threw away their membership to screw with Hiram...

Really not like Betty to
be so slow. Hiram's got money, springing the sisters was a simple move, and everyone involved in this knows running to the blue-icide is the first thing the guilty party does.

And that's not even mentioning the kids being shipped to the farm after she saw the cronies sniffing around...
Cause for however smart Veronica thinks she is, she's still young and inexperienced especially compared to her dad. Hell we saw a couple episodes ago how she got herself into trouble with that one rich guy who was gonna clean her out, and it was only by getting advice and help from her dad that she saved herself. No surprise her attempts to scam him were met with disaster. I mean it turned out for the better all around, hopefully, with blowing him off for the Serpents, but yeah it's really no surprise. Veronica is kind of cocky, thinking she's got it all under control and sometimes she does, but not always.

Who knows with Betty. Maybe she just hoped they wouldn't be sprung? Or because she was trying to deal with taking care of the kids it was just a detail that slipped past her. To be fair they had been sitting in jail for...I don't know however long it's been since the winter finale. So it's not like Hiram immediately jumped to bail them out, she might've thought she just had a chance, oh well. As for the kids going to the farm, you could believe she hoped or assumed her mother would listen to her about not wanting to send them there.

So I can't help continuing to think that Jug's mom is going to roll back into town once this quarantine gets lifted and at least try to take over the Serpents.
I mean we go from Jugs basically seeming to be a great leader, there's no signs of any struggle exactly(aside from being stuck camping). To him leaving for a month, Cheryl and Toni becoming brazen cat burglars for the hell of it, his friend dealing, and all around seemingly now a bad king. Actually at the end when they caught the one Gargoyle I totally thought Jugs was going to rip the mask off to see it was Fang. Anyways, he did get Fangs to go undercover so maybe he'll be willing to work out a way for Cheryl and Toni to come back, or not. But I keep thinking his mom is going to roll in with JB and either take the Serpents from him since his kinghood seems slightly unstable, though better with the job for Veronica, or else start her own rival gang to which she'll welcome Cheryl and Toni in. Totally could be wrong, but just can't help think it's possible.
Old January 17th, 2019, 11:57 AM #797
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Of course Archie gets attacked by a bear.

Well that quarantine amounted to nothing.

Okay what was the point of having Jughead kick Toni and Cheryl out of the Serpents over a Faberge Egg that Veronica just ended up destroying to spite her dad?

Why didn't it occur to Veronica to ask the Serpents for help before this?

I think this season has done a good job of rehabilitating Archie's character with how well it has had him admit to his mistakes.
Old January 17th, 2019, 01:05 PM #798
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Fangs is a
dead man walking... going undercover will not end well for him...they'd better start naming more background Serpents because they're running out of named characters to kill off

this would have been a much better fall finale episode, given how the episode ended, to drive fans nuts...

I think the G&G angle has played itself out...sort of like how the Black Hood storyline sort of petered out mid-season and they struggled to resolve it later...

Last edited by bearytrek; January 24th, 2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 05:13 PM #799
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I mean...if Vegas had fought off a freakin bear that'd be WAY more impressive than should be possible for this show. And then what? Vegas is injured and Archie sits around sad trying to save his dog...which has nothing to do with the point of his story this entire episode.
Completely missed my point.
Bears don't just attack people, they're territorial and make themselves known so we know to stay away from them. My suggestion wasn't Vegas get hurt, it was ARCHIE get hurt helping Vegas because dogs don't know boundaries or conduct.

The writing just spoke volumes as to no one knowing how nature works and forcing an angle for the sake of their endgame.

As for the kids going to the farm, you could believe she hoped or assumed her mother would listen to her about not wanting to send them there.
That's still Betty
being slow, though. Her mom almost never listens to her, they very clearly disagree about the farm, and Polly had already shown up very obviously undermining her opinion on the matter.

Characters don't have to look stupid to further the plot.
Old January 17th, 2019, 05:36 PM #800
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Completely missed my point.
Bears don't just attack people, they're territorial and make themselves known so we know to stay away from them. My suggestion wasn't Vegas get hurt, it was ARCHIE get hurt helping Vegas because dogs don't know boundaries or conduct.

The writing just spoke volumes as to no one knowing how nature works and forcing an angle for the sake of their endgame.
Fair enough, your post before had sounded like that was what you meant. But I getcha.

That's still Betty
being slow, though. Her mom almost never listens to her, they very clearly disagree about the farm, and Polly had already shown up very obviously undermining her opinion on the matter.

Characters don't have to look stupid to further the plot.
People can also make mistakes. Doesn't necessarily mean they're stupid. Like I said, it's easy to believe Betty is clearly frazzled with everything going on. She clearly isn't pay real close attention to the kids, they're just...there. Something to deal with. Hence the one kid getting ahold of fizzle rocks under her nose. She was focusing more on the bigger picture of trying to put the nuns away or use them to get to Hiram. It wasn't until the kids started freaking out and Alice brought up the housing situation, that she started to focus on them more. But at that point, didn't matter. Cause yeah, while she was dealing with the nun problem she got the rug yanked out from under her.

Hell, even though she knows her mom is a Farm cultist, there was nothing she could do. She didn't have anywhere else for the kids to go at the time, and she basically did all she could by telling her mom to leave the Farm out of it. Didn't do any good, obviously, but that's all she could really do. She tried to find them other homes when she had to, but whether that would've kept the Farm away or not anyways, who knows.

Agent Z wrote: View Post

Of course Archie gets attacked by a bear.

Well that quarantine amounted to nothing.

Okay what was the point of having Jughead kick Toni and Cheryl out of the Serpents over a Faberge Egg that Veronica just ended up destroying to spite her dad?

Why didn't it occur to Veronica to ask the Serpents for help before this?

I think this season has done a good job of rehabilitating Archie's character with how well it has had him admit to his mistakes.
What do you mean, it amounted to nothing? The city is still under quarantine which means they're all stuck there, and have to find generally illegal ways to get supplies in. It's not nothing.

Jug didn't know what Veronica was going to do with the egg. She told him she needed that egg back to seal their deal, so there ya go simple as that. Veronica chose to shatter it because now that she had the deal with the Serpents she didn't need Hiram. Maybe not the best way to go about things, technically, but it made a statement that's for sure.

Cause they're a gang? They're a, at best, shady gang. Not exactly the first choice you'd think of to go to for hiring security. Even with Jug leading them. It's not real surprising she didn't just think of the idea herself before hand. Hell, that kind of work is clearly not something the Serpents generally do, it was only cause Jug suddenly lighted upon the idea due to the circumstances of the quarantine and realizing the Serpents were up shit creek. Normally they probably have other work to get by with anyway, so don't really need a solution.

I enjoyed that Archie realized much of the fault really was his own. I mean I wouldn't say all the blame is his really, but he at least put himself in a situation where he got in over his head. But yeah, it was a nice bit in the episode.

Last edited by Alitain; January 17th, 2019 at 05:36 PM.