Home Menu

Menu

Old January 24th, 2018, 03:52 PM #41
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

That soundslike a toys r us express (we are still talking tru right?) but those are meant to be for holidays. I suppose they could have a few that are year round. I think i was in new york and they had one at one of the subway stops.
We had one of those inside our mall. It's bigger than that. I guess its kind of like a dollar tree/dollar general/family dollar size? If anyone has those around.
HezMania is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:19 PM #42
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

Kaboom wrote: View Post

I'm shocked at the one in Omaha closing, that one always seemed super busy when I lived up there. Since the other one in Omaha closed a few years ago the only one left is in Council Bluffs, nuts.
I was kind of shocked at this too. I figured the store in Lincoln would be the one to go if it came down to it. I'm relieved that it isn't the Lincoln store though as that one is literally less than five miles from my place. Plus it's the one that I can generally rely on finding the items I'm looking for at. I can't really say the same for the Omaha location.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM #43
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Taichi wrote: View Post

And dammit Bandai and their stupid releases. So I've got all the photos that I know are out or coming out, but the damn Legacy figures are being a nightmare. Since the bizarre releases and whatnot... plus slipping in Red Zeo into the normal mix of Wave 4... 5... or whatever wave it is it's really screwing up my way of designing these things.
Let's try to fix the terminology here and for the benefit of the first post (even though it seems the majority of the rest of the fandom has given up trying):

DON'T use the term "wave" - it (usually) doesn't make sense in what one is trying to say. Depending on which definition of the term one wants to use, we could already be in the double-digits.

DON'T use the term "assortment" - so far, series 1-5 and the metallics have all been from the same assortment. The movie figures were their own assortment. Future series may or may not be.

DO use the term "series". Why? Because it's the terminology used on the freakin' figures! And it's consistent. And it makes sense. And everyone should understand what is being said when it is used.
grnrngr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:36 PM #44
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Perfect man! Will do! Iíll make the adjustments tomorrow.

Iíve never used the word wave with Bandai, Iíve just gotten lazy that I do it because everyone else has. Series works better... they even do it with the Dragon Ball figures.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:38 PM #45
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

TheDub wrote: View Post

To be fair a figure can always look good in package and crumble when you take it out, but at least you know you didn't get one with lots of paint splotches or crooked eyes (for figures where that's relevant). And returns are so much easier with brick and mortar.
This is exactly why I like making purchases at brick and mortar stores. You'd be surprised at how many Dragon Star figures I initially passed up because they either had really bad paint splotches or their faces looked dopey due to their paint applications. I'm also known to pass things up if a display box is damaged. You can just imagine some of the nightmares I've had with online purchases.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:55 PM #46
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Iíve never used the word wave with Bandai, Iíve just gotten lazy that I do it because everyone else has. Series works better... they even do it with the Dragon Ball figures.
"Wave" has lost all meaning thanks to fans and these Legacy figures. No one uses it consistently anymore (if they ever did in the first place).

Heck, it isn't even a term that appears on any of the products so it's hard to say what it is "supposed" to mean anyway.

Safer to stick with the terms that have concrete meanings - assortment, item, series.
Old January 24th, 2018, 06:20 PM #47
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

grnrngr wrote: View Post

"Wave" has lost all meaning thanks to fans and these Legacy figures. No one uses it consistently anymore (if they ever did in the first place).
It bothers me when Transformers fans treat "wave" as if it encompasses all the price points - that Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures and Wave 2 Leader Class figures are all part of one singular line-wide "Wave 2", even if the Leader figures start to appear at a later point in time than the Deluxe ones.

Just a tangent quibble, don't mind me, heheh.
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 06:34 PM #48
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

HezMania wrote: View Post

This really sucks for me -- I'd be OK with one closing, but BOTH are closing here in Iowa. ugh...
The babies r us is closing and the south side one is closing. The main store will stay open

The other toys r us is based in the new outlet mall where nike and under armour stores are now
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:20 PM #49
> createtime
Power Ranger

createtime
Power Ranger

I live in Massachusetts and their are 2 Toys R Us stores I go to. One in Swansea and the other in North Attleboro. Luckily neither of them are on the closing list. Anybody remember the Caldors, Bradlees, and Ames stores? I remember browsing through their toy sections so many times as a kid and as a teenager. It's a shame they're gone. At least there's still Wal-Mart and Target.
createtime is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:23 PM #50
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

It bothers me when Transformers fans treat "wave" as if it encompasses all the price points - that Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures and Wave 2 Leader Class figures are all part of one singular line-wide "Wave 2", even if the Leader figures start to appear at a later point in time than the Deluxe ones.

Just a tangent quibble, don't mind me, heheh.
Well, that's another popular use of wave. One could refer to the Spring PR releases as a wave.

"Wave" is only good as a very general grouping term. Put any real meaning behind it and people will get confused. "Wave" is a group of "things". If you want to be more specific, use a better term.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:31 PM #51
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Well, that's another popular use of wave. One could refer to the Spring PR releases as a wave.

"Wave" is only good as a very general grouping term. Put any real meaning behind it and people will get confused. "Wave" is a group of "things". If you want to be more specific, use a better term.
I suppose it comes down to the fact that Hasbro does seem to use Wave internally, at least to some degree. That naturally leaves an inclination to refer to waves in that fandom, and by and large it's easily comprehended. It's just the idea of grouping all waves together even if you only have, say, four (designated) waves of Leader Class releases and eight (designated) waves of Deluxe Class releases, spread across the same eighteen month period.

I get what you mean by and large, though. More-precise, or at least more-specific, terminology would definitely help alleviate things like this.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:50 PM #52
> grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay
grnrngr
www.grnrngr.com

eBay

Ah, that explains why the word is seemingly so popular despite the fact that itís never been a PR word. ĎTis a borrowed word!
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:04 PM #53
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

Anyone find zeo red at Amazon? I have all the current releases except him and I hear he pops in and out on amazon.
livemrcraig is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:25 PM #54
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Several people have, but you have to be pretty lucky to catch. Either that or camp in front of your computer constantly refreshing.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:35 PM #55
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Ah, that explains why the word is seemingly so popular despite the fact that itís never been a PR word. ĎTis a borrowed word!
That'd make sense! I don't know what other franchises Hasbro may use it in, since I only follow Transformers with them, but if it's not a word used in any official capacity by other companies, it may well have bled across from TFs.
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:37 PM #56
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Looking for Legacy Metallic black, are they still popping up in stores?
Stuntastik30 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:50 PM #57
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Barely. I might have one location that still has a black, but I canít be sure until I check. If you want me to, Iíd be happy to help. Just let me know.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:35 PM #58
> Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay
Deus
"Allons-y"

32 eBay

Barely. I might have one location that still has a black, but I canít be sure until I check. If you want me to, Iíd be happy to help. Just let me know.
I've seen everything but black and red. That's why I was hesitant to collect the metallics (other than already having the first release figures and Green/White being convention exclusives).

Bandai really needs to work to provide a more steady, reliable online distribution of these figures...whether its though Amazon or even if they provided some type collector's membership service. Its crazy that entire waves of a collector's line have been relegated to a drug store that barely even carries toys to begin with...stores that only get 1-2 figures at a time, so even when they get replenishment there's a decent chance that its the same figure (the Walgreens closest to me has restocked Zeo Gold twice and has a metallic yellow thats been shelf-warming for a few months).
Deus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:08 AM #59
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

If you happen to find one Taichi, thatíd Be awesome. Let me know. Thanks!
Stuntastik30 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:06 AM #60
> Kaboom
Power Ranger

Kaboom
Power Ranger

Thunder wrote: View Post

I was kind of shocked at this too. I figured the store in Lincoln would be the one to go if it came down to it. I'm relieved that it isn't the Lincoln store though as that one is literally less than five miles from my place. Plus it's the one that I can generally rely on finding the items I'm looking for at. I can't really say the same for the Omaha location.
Yeah I got lucky a few times at the Lincoln one finding zords/figures I hadn't been able to find elsewhere or never saw again. It was great walking in there one day and finding the first four 5" Legacy figures and then the second four when they came out later, never saw all of them together again after that. It helps that the staff there is generally nice too.
Kaboom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote