Home Menu

Menu

Old April 18th, 2017, 12:58 PM #81
> manson26
Flung Out of Space

manson26
Flung Out of Space

Khandri wrote: View Post

And apparently he knows about this thread too, but won't respond to it because he's not a member here and says we complainers should just message him. Except it's obvious from posts here that most of us have done so. I kinda feel like he's victim-blaming instead of owning up to his mistakes.
Just message him? That's some shit because I have messaged numerous times only to be lied to that it's shipping whenever I asked.
manson26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:20 PM #82
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

Something for people to try in an effort to try to streamline the refund process, when contacting PayPal, reference other peoples case numbers so that way PayPal can keep track of what he is doing and it could help get refunds for people. From what I've seen in the past and with this case, it seems to be helping.

I hope that everyone that dealt with this thief gets their money back. I wanted to have this post be an attention grabber so I made the font big. I hope that the information is seen and can be useful.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:37 PM #83
> Ranger_91
Power Ranger

Ranger_91
Power Ranger

manson26 wrote: View Post

Just message him? That's some shit because I have messaged numerous times only to be lied to that it's shipping whenever I asked.
I have messaged him 100x and he's given me half a dozen ship dates. I paid the man in full and with a supposed 2 month turn around that's turning into a 2+ year wait. Is he really that far behind that he needs all these people to message him? What happens if someone doesn't message him? If someone has so many orders that are back logged on and needs people to remind him that's a serious problem! What a scary thought for anyone who ordered from him....

To think he's advertised on his page about creating full cosplay outfits now in the future in addition to just helmets. Can you imagine the wait or how much money he'll be taking from people once he puts that into motion. I feel bad for people who will get suckered into that one.

Lord Zedd wrote: View Post

Something for people to try in an effort to try to streamline the refund process, when contacting PayPal, reference other peoples case numbers so that way PayPal can keep track of what he is doing and it could help get refunds for people. From what I've seen in the past and with this case, it seems to be helping.

I hope that everyone that dealt with this thief gets their money back. I wanted to have this post be an attention grabber so I made the font big. I hope that the information is seen and can be useful.
This is also probably another really good reason to file a complaint with BBB as it's another way to show that John is unwilling to ship or come to a resolution with your products and PayPal can see how unreasonable he is when investigating your claim.

You can start your Better Business Bureau complaint here. Then type in Legacy Concepts and it's the one that's located in Portsmouth, OH.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Last edited by Ranger_91; April 18th, 2017 at 02:37 PM.
Ranger_91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM #84
> manson26
Flung Out of Space

manson26
Flung Out of Space

Lord Zedd wrote: View Post

I saw this when you first posted. I just looked again and it got bigger, sort of startled me LOL.
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:03 PM #85
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Foolish Monkeys

32 eBay

Lol. Well, i wanted people to see it and it not get overlooked in the thread. haha. At this point, it's important to try everything possible to get your money back.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 06:04 PM #86
> Jangonate
Power Ranger

Jangonate
Power Ranger

Wow! What happened to this guy. Bought a MMPR Red Ranger helmet from him a couple years ago and it was one of the best experiences. Constant contact, shipped out when he said it would and he even knocked off a hundred dollars because he put up a cheap helmet run after I had ordered.

Wonder what happened to create this nosedive?
Jangonate is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:55 AM #87
> brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay

Hey guys, got the helmet today. I'll let the pics do the talking.
Here's the link to the album I assembled. Easier than uploading and taking up space in the post.
This was my first helmet purchasing experience. Helmet does not fit. Not his fault, I just didn't know at the time about extending them. I have a big head.
https://imgur.com/a/CacjB
brandonr117 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:11 AM #88
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Good god...
Kylash327 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:11 AM #89
> manson26
Flung Out of Space

manson26
Flung Out of Space

That diamond area makes me want to cry
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM #90
> brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay

Also want to mention something that the pictures didn't pick up quite well is how rough the finish is. Kind of passing your hand on a car before you clay bar it. It is quite rough and smooth only in some areas.
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:37 AM #91
> ⚡Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay
Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

Good god...
Well, I mean, if you squint your eyes, turn your head to the side and look at something else, it's looks good.

Look, I'm not going to even begin to know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to helmets, but this isn't good at all... just from my perspective. Granted, the one shot of the full helmet, aside from the diamond... the problems aren't glaring. Start getting the up close shots and man, for the price, what a shame.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 12:52 PM #92
> MMPhillyR
Power Ranger

MMPhillyR
Power Ranger

Well I guess you are lucky in the sense that your turn around time was better than most? But I would not be happy with that quality of the helmet. It makes me really dread receiving my helmets because I can only imagine what the quality is going to be as he seems to be rushing...
MMPhillyR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 01:10 PM #93
> brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay

MMPhillyR wrote: View Post

Well I guess you are lucky in the sense that your turn around time was better than most? But I would not be happy with that quality of the helmet. It makes me really dread receiving my helmets because I can only imagine what the quality is going to be as he seems to be rushing...
That's what I thought as well.
I am not happy per say. I am glad that the chapter closed. Definitely learned my lesson to not order from him again and do more research.
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:24 PM #94
> evyltwyn
Power Ranger

evyltwyn
Power Ranger

Ok I see a lot of people complaining about quality for a 250 dollar helmet.

Is that a lot of money yes.

But hear me out here

A pair of professionally painted anything from a body shop is a min of 6 to 7 hundred

You're getting a helmet painted for 250

I truly understand the disappointment however I do what to ask that for 250 what were you expecting?

When efx comes out with their green helmet it will be almost 659 to 700 min

You need to understand price does delicate a lot and that has become lost in this hobby recently. Cheap runs are exactly that, cheap. While I feel for you for the pain, as a consumer it is hard for me to believe some of you are expecting high quality stuff here.

Yet again not saying you're wrong just trying to make a point about with price comes quality.
evyltwyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:30 PM #95
> EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

^Price is completely irrelevent^
"Buy cheap, get cheap" this statement is true, however $250 is not cheap and more importantnly the images he posts on facebook/instagram etc clearly are of his "top line/quality" work. If he is advertising that that is his standard/body of work, all pieces should match that quality regarless of price.
Not to mention the run around he has given numerous people. For over a year.
EvilGreenRanger-F5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:43 PM #96
> manson26
Flung Out of Space

manson26
Flung Out of Space

EvilGreenRanger-F5 wrote: View Post

"Buy cheap, get cheap" this statement is true, however $250 is not cheap and more importantnly the images he posts on facebook/instagram etc clearly are of his "top line/quality" work. If he is advertising that that is his standard/body of work, all pieces should match that quality regarless of price.
I'd have to agree here.

If the "Cheap Run" means cutting corners, then say it. Running a business you should state all terms/quality/progress. It does not say that anywhere. I wouldn't have ordered if this was said up front. I think "joshspiderman" from Page 1 on this thread didn't do the Cheap Run and his looks as bad as brandonr's.
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:44 PM #97
> NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger

NUMBERONEJD
Power Ranger

evyltwyn wrote: View Post

A pair of professionally painted anything from a body shop is a min of 6 to 7 hundred
No it's not... I worked in an auto body shop.
NUMBERONEJD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:45 PM #98
> evyltwyn
Power Ranger

evyltwyn
Power Ranger

EvilGreenRanger-F5 wrote: View Post

In the land of high end replicas 250 is very cheap. Do I agree he probably misdirected yes. However I don't understand where this 250 is high end quality stuff came from? Seriously.

I do believe that there was def misdirection however.
evyltwyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 04:40 PM #99
> Ranger_91
Power Ranger

Ranger_91
Power Ranger

brandonr117 wrote: View Post

Hey guys, got the helmet today. I'll let the pics do the talking.
Here's the link to the album I assembled. Easier than uploading and taking up space in the post.
This was my first helmet purchasing experience. Helmet does not fit. Not his fault, I just didn't know at the time about extending them. I have a big head.
https://imgur.com/a/CacjB
I'm absolutely terrified now... If my helmets come and they look like that after a 2 year wait I'm going to literally cry.

evyltwyn wrote: View Post

In the land of high end replicas 250 is very cheap. Do I agree he probably misdirected yes. However I don't understand where this 250 is high end quality stuff came from? Seriously.

I do believe that there was def misdirection however.
I have to agree with everyone else on this topic. The postings on his page literally state the helmets are on sale. If the helmets are on sale it's the exact same product being offered at a discounted rate. He says the helmets are typically one price but then he's doing a sale on them for $250 while posting pictures of very nice professional built products.

Last edited by Ranger_91; April 19th, 2017 at 04:40 PM.
Ranger_91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM #100
> brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay

What I find concerning is that I can't leave a review on his page, so I had to post it on the other power ranger selling pages I am in.
I will probably get flack from him, but after posting the review he told me I should have gone to him first and done this man to man.
So, I cannot post an honest review about a product I waited 6 months on?
Am I breaking rules. I didn't attack him, only judged the product that I had in hand.