SOUL OF CHOGOKIN KING BRACHION - TITANUS

XM COLLECTIBLES - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

TAMASHII BUDDIES - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

RUNNING PRESS - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

PPW - NESTING DOLLS - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

WISHFACTORY - KAWAII CUBES - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

JAKKS PACIFIC - MEGAZORD

PROJECT TRIFORCE - MOMENTS - MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

Last edited by Taichi; August 20th, 2018 at 09:59 AM.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:21 PM #2
> ⚡Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay
Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay

Alright everyone. This is a work in progress.

This thread is to be used for things that are more or less "one-off" or very limited. I will be, possibly Morgan or others will be adding to this over time to get things that have been posted in the Legacy thread, or other single threads merged into one conglomerate. This way things can be viewed easily and together instead of searching for one particular thread... or perhaps multiple threads over the same thing.

Like I said, work in progress. The Soul of Chogokin Megazord is the first and foremost that I wanted to get in here.

So start discussing!!
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:55 PM #3
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

I can understand that fans wanting a screen accurate Daizyujin are disappointed, but those of us that craved for detailed and articulated dinozords this is a god-send! Cannot wait for April.

For anyone that has bought the Bandai Buddies line, are they posable?
Tyrannozord27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:55 PM #4
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
andr0s81

4 eBay

Tyrannosaurus looks like he's taking a huge red dump in that pic
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:00 PM #5
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

Tyrannosaurus looks like he's taking a huge red dump in that pic
I hate to agree with you

I wonder why all the poses we've seen of that dinozord have been in that position. Its not like it cannot be sitting up higher.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:01 PM #6
> ⚡Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay
Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay

LOL!!!! Is he constipated, relieved, who knows!!!!

No Tyrannozord... they're static figures. But they're highly detailed.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:22 PM #7
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

On the bright side, the first daizyujin chogokin may become cheaper.
TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:43 PM #8
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

On the bright side, the first daizyujin chogokin may become cheaper.
Great point!
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 02:51 PM #9
> Qi iHuKam
iPure Lotus Warriahi

Qi iHuKam
iPure Lotus Warriahi

Thank you for this new thread Tai!!

The one absolute best thing I love about this SOC is how awesome the tank mode looks, for some reason, I just have a real soft spot for that mode...

Nowadays mecha are just clustered crap, but Daizyujin...ahhh God bless Daizyujin, it is so beautifully made
Qi iHuKam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:08 PM #10
> andr0s81

4 eBay
andr0s81

4 eBay

I'm just amazed they got the forearm position right since just about picture since the SRC came out has them twisted. While I can understand why the head is a little on the small side, why is the sword so damn huge? It looks like it's almost as big as the Megazord itself.
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:17 PM #11
> Diecast
Sigh

Diecast
Sigh

I dig the slightly smaller head, larger back cannons, and big ass sword. Gives it a more ..."mecha" look, for the lack of a better term.

But I've been watching Robotech lately, so it might just be the frequent exposure to '80s anime mechs.
Diecast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 04:06 PM #12
> ⚡Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay
Taichi
Randomly random...

32 eBay

Qi iHuKam wrote: View Post

No problem!!!

Also, if anyone can think of other one-off things, or something that's not Bandai direct, PM and I'll figure out a way to add it. Like the Tokyo Vinyls... those will be added soon.

I kinda want this to be that odd, "hey, I didn't know they made that", type of thread... or something that's obscure. I don't want it to get out of control either... so there will be some things that may not make it.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 04:54 PM #13
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

I really hope they announce Dragon Ceasar to go alongside this release.
livemrcraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2016, 05:15 PM #14
> Hoodimus Zedd
the original Trans8010

eBay
Hoodimus Zedd
the original Trans8010

eBay

Qi iHuKam wrote: View Post

The one absolute best thing I love about this SOC is how awesome the tank mode looks, for some reason, I just have a real soft spot for that mode...

Nowadays mecha are just clustered crap, but Daizyujin...ahhh God bless Daizyujin, it is so beautifully made
Amen to that! I also have to say that Dairenoh was a beautiful mecha! They say nothing beats the original, but man Dairenoh could compete for the crown.

livemrcraig wrote: View Post

I really hope they announce Dragon Ceasar to go alongside this release.
I would rather hope that the Legacy Dragonzord becomes compatible with SOC Daizyujin. Wouldn't that be something! Although I wouldn't object to a new Dragon Caesar SOC.
Hoodimus Zedd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 11:04 AM #15
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

Tyrannozord27 wrote: View Post

I can understand that fans wanting a screen accurate Daizyujin are disappointed, but those of us that craved for detailed and articulated dinozords this is a god-send! Cannot wait for April.

For anyone that has bought the Bandai Buddies line, are they posable?
Tamashii Buddies are essentially their answer to Funko Pop Vinyls. Albeit a more SD (Super Deformed) style. So nope.

My only complaint is the Godhorn/Power Sword is too bluntish. If the Super Robot Chogokin's can be sharp (which it is), then this should be too. Other than that yeah pretty much the Daizyujin/Megazord we've dreamt about for the longest.

Hoodimus Zedd wrote: View Post

I would rather hope that the Legacy Dragonzord becomes compatible with SOC Daizyujin. Wouldn't that be something! Although I wouldn't object to a new Dragon Caesar SOC.
Will never happen as they are designed by different divisions of Bandai. Being Tamashii Nations and Bandai of America.
ZGMF-X20A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 11:45 AM #16
> Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Tsukasa
Power Ranger

Thanks for this thread.
Subscribing!
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 11:48 AM #17
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Taichi wrote: View Post

No Tyrannozord... they're static figures. But they're highly detailed.
ZGMF-X20A wrote: View Post

Tamashii Buddies are essentially their answer to Funko Pop Vinyls. Albeit a more SD (Super Deformed) style. So nope.
Thanks for the clarification fellas. I am tempted to acquire these, they're kinda cute. But holy shit the recent legacy purchases have set me back a few paychecks.

Will never happen as they are designed by different divisions of Bandai. Being Tamashii Nations and Bandai of America.
Lets suppose SOC Dragonzord is a given. I wonder how they'll approach the price point. Allow me to explain. You get 5 combining zords in the SOC Daizyujin, all highly articulated and gimmicky, painted, etc. and it costs about USD $300. A SOC Dragonzord would be one just zord, how would they justify that price for it? Unless they add hoards of accesories (right size tail piece for Goryujin mode, candy-cane smoke staks, maybe even electronics), the two prices would seem disparate. OR they could price it lower than Daizyujin...

Would you guys buy a $300 SOC DZ just because its, well, a dragonzord?
Old October 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM #18
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

Thanks for the clarification fellas. I am tempted to acquire these, they're kinda cute. But holy shit the recent legacy purchases have set me back a few paychecks.

Lets suppose SOC Dragonzord is a given. I wonder how they'll approach the price point. Allow me to explain. You get 5 combining zords in the SOC Daizyujin, all highly articulated and gimmicky, painted, etc. and it costs about USD $300. A SOC Dragonzord would be one just zord, how would they justify that price for it? Unless they add hoards of accesories (right size tail piece for Goryujin mode, candy-cane smoke staks, maybe even electronics), the two prices would seem disparate. OR they could price it lower than Daizyujin...

I suspect it would be getting the Soul of Chogokin Goldymarg treatment where it would be at the least half the price of SoC Daizyujin and $200 at most. Seeing how one more or less needs the SoC Megazord to make the most out of the Dragonzord mold but the Megazord is a standalone item.
Xephon0930 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 05:17 PM #19
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

Given the amount of diecast thats actually in Tamashii Nations products and the Soul of Chogokin line in particular, do you really expect a Dragonzord /Dragon Ceasar Soul of Chogokin to be under a $100? They'll justify it's price by said diecast, points of articulation and all. But yeah you are right, they should throw in some effects and the proper tail for the Power Staff Combination if anything to help fill out the box with some extra stuff since it is just one mech/zord.

But like i said to Hoodimus Zedd, Legacy Dragonzord isn't gonna be compatable combining with Soul of Chogokin Megazord. There is no other way around it. Especially since there is no Zord Builder ports in any BoJ/Tamashii product. And to be honest Tamashii Nations would be stupid not to ride MMPR train just soley because The MMPR figuarts were the only ones to succeed and did very well for them according to Adam Newman. And also because they've been evidently trying to keep that train going again after the failure of the Figuarts Zero Green Ranger.
ZGMF-X20A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 05:23 PM #20
> Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Tyrannozord27
Power Ranger

Given the amount of diecast thats actually in Tamashii Nations products and the Soul of Chogokin line in particular, do you really expect a Dragonzord /Dragon Ceasar Soul of Chogokin to be under a $100? They'll justify it's price by said diecast, points of articulation and all. But yeah you are right, they should throw in some effects and the proper tail for the Power Staff Combination if anything to help fill out the box with some extra stuff since it is just one mech/zord.

But like i said to Hoodimus Zedd, Legacy Dragonzord isn't gonna be compatable combining with Soul of Chogokin Megazord. There is no other way around it. Especially since there is no Zord Builder ports in any BoJ/Tamashii product. And to be honest Tamashii Nations would be stupid not to ride MMPR train just soley because The MMPR figuarts were the only ones to succeed and did very well for them according to Adam Newman. And also because they've been evidently trying to keep that train going again after the failure of the Figuarts Zero Green Ranger.

I definitely don't think they'll offer the theoretical DZ for under $200 to be honest. Hell, I bet there will be plenty of fans that'll buy Dragon Caesar for $300 just knowing it'll combine with SOC Daizyujin. I agree with you 100% that Banda will wanna ride that SOC Dragonzord straight to the million dollar mountain.

By the way, what was the difference between the SHF zero green ranger and the regular SHF one? I was just looking at the aftermarket prices for the SHF rangers and its crazy, except the red rangers found a couple for under $60. But they do look a whole lot better than the legacy figure in all sincerity, and have way more articulation.