Home Menu

Menu

Old August 16th, 2018, 04:10 PM #4121
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

A wired cloth would've been cool... Perhaps it would've been difficult to do with the design of those parts? It's not like they're simple cloth on the suit, they have the fire vs. jigsaw patterning.
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:23 PM #4122
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

A wired cloth would've been cool... Perhaps it would've been difficult to do with the design of those parts? It's not like they're simple cloth on the suit, they have the fire vs. jigsaw patterning.
True, but doesn't the Cronus skirt have designs on it and they're wired cloth?
CryloBen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:31 PM #4123
> DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

That's fair. Other than the Digivolving Spirits figures (which are only one every other month or so) and a couple other stray items, I'm looking for one line to collect. Poppy finally showing up has allowed the Ex-Aid Figuarts to become a hot contender there. Characters and designs I enjoy, in dynamic figures for display. Will look good as a group. Problem being the pricing, especially at this stage.

I could still wind up not getting these, either. It's only just come back around as a contender. We'll see. I'm certainly trying to keep to a smaller focus and on lines (and items) I'm definitely interested in.

We may have a Revoltech thread... man, speaking of X-Men, still hoping for a full MCU X-Men line-up in Figuarts some day. Too much to expect any one comic era to have a full line-up in something like Marvel Legends, so the films are a safer bet.
I'd love to have a full line ofsome figures, Ex-Aid and W particularly. But price and just not wanting to end up with a bunch of stuff I dont like. I did it with Marvel Legends and don't enjoy a lot of them now.

Exact same way.

I'd LOVE a Hugh Jackman Wolverine figuart, especially from "The Wolverine". I ordered Psylocke because I'm one of the few who enjoyed "X-Men Apocalypse" and I really liked her design (Get your jokes in here people).
DarthKamen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:47 PM #4124
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

CryloBen wrote: View Post

True, but doesn't the Cronus skirt have designs on it and they're wired cloth?
Not sure if it's a wired cloth, but the pattern is just a printing. On Para-DX, it's textured.

Then again, looks like the lighting on the picture I had up was making it look like the loincloth. While it is textured, it's actually just a light flame pattern. Perhaps they could've sacrificed the texture on that for wired cloth.

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

I'd love to have a full line ofsome figures, Ex-Aid and W particularly. But price and just not wanting to end up with a bunch of stuff I dont like. I did it with Marvel Legends and don't enjoy a lot of them now.
Ah, I can get that. Even with both current and possible collections, I'm being a little more choosy. For Digivolving Spirits, I passed on Alphamon; for Transformers Studio Series, I'd definitely ignore Grimlock and Stinger from the fourth film and focus in on the initial trilogy. Even with Ex-Aid, it'd only be one figure for each Rider, save having Genm in both palette-swap Level 2 and more unique Zombie Gamer forms, and the possible option of having Lazer in his more fully-yellow, bulky samurai Level 3 form alongside the mostly-black agile Turbo form.

Pricing is still a big concern, though, yeah. And Ex-Aid may mean more to me than the live-action Transformers films (or even G1, looking at next year's Siege line), but it's still not my absolute favourite or anything.

I'd LOVE a Hugh Jackman Wolverine figuart, especially from "The Wolverine". I ordered Psylocke because I'm one of the few who enjoyed "X-Men Apocalypse" and I really liked her design (Get your jokes in here people).
I can't imagine we'd ever get Fox-verse figures at this stage... as much as I've generally enjoyed those films, I don't mind that. I'm not one to complain about the lack of traditional costumes, but it does make the idea of plastic versions of the cast less appealing.

I don't hate Apocalypse, even if I recognise it had some issues. You're safe from this post at least, haha.
Old August 16th, 2018, 05:00 PM #4125
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

Not sure if it's a wired cloth, but the pattern is just a printing. On Para-DX, it's textured.

Then again, looks like the lighting on the picture I had up was making it look like the loincloth. While it is textured, it's actually just a light flame pattern. Perhaps they could've sacrificed the texture on that for wired cloth.
Hmmm Dunno if they could have pulled it off on cloth, I still would have liked it haha.
Old August 17th, 2018, 07:34 PM #4126
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

A friend managed to get me the Helmetless Figuarts at PMC.
Dunno if I'll keep em or trade em for Riders I want.

EDIT: I'm towards the end of W and damn if I don't want an Accel Trial Renewal figuarts,

Last edited by CryloBen; August 18th, 2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old August 21st, 2018, 10:28 AM #4127
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

With the unveiling of the Lightning Collection, I'm a little more uncertain if I'll be going ahead with the Ex-Aid Figuarts… 9 hard-to-acquire figures plus international shipping compared to a bunch of cheaper figures that should hopefully be pretty easy to grab. But then those damn suits...

Meanwhile!

Fantasy Gamer in February 2019 for 6480 yen; Todoroki, January 2019, 7020 yen. Both Tamashii Web Exclusives.
Old August 21st, 2018, 02:06 PM #4128
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

With the unveiling of the Lightning Collection, I'm a little more uncertain if I'll be going ahead with the Ex-Aid Figuarts… 9 hard-to-acquire figures plus international shipping compared to a bunch of cheaper figures that should hopefully be pretty easy to grab. But then those damn suits...

Meanwhile!

http://news.tokunation.com/wp-conten...lease-Info.jpg

Fantasy Gamer in February 2019 for 6480 yen; Todoroki, January 2019, 7020 yen. Both Tamashii Web Exclusives.
Fantasy looks pretty good and I still haven't seen Hibiki.

I feel like I'll invest in the lightning collection but probably not TOO hardcore.
RPM, SMF, Dino Charge, Dino Thunder, and SPD might be my cut off.
And probably MMPR minus white just to have the Dino Sentais.

Can anyone give me like, a full list of WHY the Sentai/MMPR Figuarts are so bad. I'm sure it's been stated through the thread, but I can't be bothered to look through all the pages and googling doesn't give me any results.
Old August 21st, 2018, 02:32 PM #4129
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I purchased this add-on item for my figuarts Iron Man

http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002218/

Gold Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 02:33 PM #4130
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

I feel like I'll invest in the lightning collection but probably not TOO hardcore.
Hibiki's one of the Heisei Rider series I'm least familiar with. Didn't even know there was a Kamen Rider Todoroki until this, heheh.

Same with the Lightning Collection - I'd be interested in the Zordon Era (including Psychos if Hasbro feels so inclined), Time Force, HyperForce and perhaps some of the Boom originals. But I really want to focus on one other collection alongside Digivolving Spirits, and Lightning Collection may just be more convenient than Figuarts. At least unless that SDCC survey is enough to get us My Hero Academia Figuarts. That'd win me over regardless. And there'd be a Todoroki Figuarts I'd get!
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:14 PM #4131
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

Hibiki's one of the Heisei Rider series I'm least familiar with. Didn't even know there was a Kamen Rider Todoroki until this, heheh.

Same with the Lightning Collection - I'd be interested in the Zordon Era (including Psychos if Hasbro feels so inclined), Time Force, HyperForce and perhaps some of the Boom originals. But I really want to focus on one other collection alongside Digivolving Spirits, and Lightning Collection may just be more convenient than Figuarts. At least unless that SDCC survey is enough to get us My Hero Academia Figuarts. That'd win me over regardless. And there'd be a Todoroki Figuarts I'd get!
I'd get at least a Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo.
Maybe Dabi if he got made?
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:34 PM #4132
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

I'd get... most of 1-A, honestly... and... … well, a whole lot. I'd quite possibly go all-in on it, haha! (Would definitely love to see some of the villains made too. Imagine having Deadpool and Twice in Figuarts form.)

That and HyperForce figures are my non-existent (at present) grails. Both things I've gotten into in the past year or so with hugely-endearing characters and great designs. Those are two big factors for me when it comes to collecting. Both Studio Series and the upcoming Siege from Transformers look fab but they're not characters I'm hugely invested in; even the Ex-Aid Figuarts, I do enjoy the cast but it's not quite on the same level for me.

Which is why Tamashii going for the MHA license would quite probably automatically win out over any other collecting option even considering import costs. 2014 and the first eight months of 2015 was my favourite collecting period, when I kept it small and focused on Gaim's AC Figures and Figma's Madoka Magica line-up. I want that, to have a couple of lines I focus on.

But it'll be a while before we get any kind of sign from them, I imagine. (Hell, when's the next Tamashii event?) And I'd probably still try and get Ex-Aid, Para-DX, Build and Cross-Z to go with my Ghost and Specter. And I'd get Evol if they give us his Cobra Form... *sigh* I need more money, haha!
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:37 PM #4133
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

I'd get... most of 1-A, honestly... and... … well, a whole lot. I'd quite possibly go all-in on it, haha! (Would definitely love to see some of the villains made too. Imagine having Deadpool and Twice in Figuarts form.)

That and HyperForce figures are my non-existent (at present) grails. Both things I've gotten into in the past year or so with hugely-endearing characters and great designs. Those are two big factors for me when it comes to collecting. Both Studio Series and the upcoming Siege from Transformers look fab but they're not characters I'm hugely invested in; even the Ex-Aid Figuarts, I do enjoy the cast but it's not quite on the same level for me.

Which is why Tamashii going for the MHA license would quite probably automatically win out over any other collecting option even considering import costs. 2014 and the first eight months of 2015 was my favourite collecting period, when I kept it small and focused on Gaim's AC Figures and Figma's Madoka Magica line-up. I want that, to have a couple of lines I focus on.

But it'll be a while before we get any kind of sign from them, I imagine. (Hell, when's the next Tamashii event?) And I'd probably still try and get Ex-Aid, Para-DX, Build and Cross-Z to go with my Ghost and Specter. And I'd get Evol if they give us his Cobra Form... *sigh* I need more money, haha!
I need more money too... haha.

But the Rider announcement is only 3 days away and Tamashii Nation is in December (ugh).
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:56 PM #4134
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Darned money...!

Ooh, forgot about the Rider announcement! And ooh, that makes Tamashii Nations five months after the SDCC survey, so perhaps there's a slight chance of news then...
Old August 21st, 2018, 03:59 PM #4135
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

You both need to get on the Hibiki train. Lol!
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 04:00 PM #4136
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Meanwhile!

http://news.tokunation.com/wp-conten...lease-Info.jpg

Wait, does he have a cloth cape or not?

It looks gross hard plastic in the small pic, but kinda cloth like in the big pic. I still haven't gotten LV 100 so...not sure, but Brave was my favorite design on that show...

Can anyone give me like, a full list of WHY the Sentai/MMPR Figuarts are so bad. I'm sure it's been stated through the thread, but I can't be bothered to look through all the pages and googling doesn't give me any results.
People have been saying they are bad? I know we have our reasons for why the line stopped, but don't know if I've seen a 'they're all terrible!' thing going on. Some of them are though, honestly and truly (Boukenger, cough...) and others are just becoming more outdated (Gokaigers) but...still think they ar epretty good.

As for lightning collection, I know they are going to be bigger than figuarts, which bums me out, and from what we've seen, White ranger's torso looks a *little* long, but I'm in for collector focused stuff. I'll be getting everyone, but holding my figuarts dear. Hopefully we'll see a V2 revival one day, using Akarenger and Sun Vulcan as a template.
Activator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 04:23 PM #4137
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Taichi wrote: View Post

Maybe... at the least, perhaps I could read up on it at some point. I do like the Hibiki design, but what little I've seen of the other Riders in that series all just sort of blends together, heheh.

Activator wrote: View Post

Wait, does he have a cloth cape or not?

It looks gross hard plastic in the small pic, but kinda cloth like in the big pic. I still haven't gotten LV 100 so...not sure, but Brave was my favorite design on that show...
Legacy Gamer's looks to be three plastic panels from the pictures I have saved. Hard to tell with this one since the black colour and middling image quality hides a lot of the details.

As for lightning collection, I know they are going to be bigger than figuarts, which bums me out
Are they? I assumed the Figuarts were 6'' too...

and from what we've seen, White ranger's torso looks a *little* long
Yeah... I'm hoping that's not quite as glaring in a slightly more neutral stance, or even that it's just how the prototype is and they're already modifying that.
Old August 21st, 2018, 04:35 PM #4138
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

Taichi wrote: View Post

I'm behind on all series; I just watched W. And I'm debating on going in order or not because I really wanna see Build before I get it accidentally spoiled.

Maybe... at the least, perhaps I could read up on it at some point. I do like the Hibiki design, but what little I've seen of the other Riders in that series all just sort of blends together, heheh.

Legacy Gamer's looks to be three plastic panels from the pictures I have saved. Hard to tell with this one since the black colour and middling image quality hides a lot of the details.

Are they? I assumed the Figuarts were 6'' too...

Yeah... I'm hoping that's not quite as glaring in a slightly more neutral stance, or even that it's just how the prototype is and they're already modifying that.
I like the Hibiki designs MINUS the diapers..

And Figuarts are in a six inch scale, but at the shorter end honestly.

I think his torso is so long to give him the ab crunch since he has the shield.
Old August 21st, 2018, 04:46 PM #4139
> StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

StaticShin27
Free drinks, you know?

Hasbro's Black Series and Marvel legends tend to come in at around 6.5" which is why I think a lot of people call it 6" scale as opposed to true 1/12th like figuarts and other import lines
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2018, 05:15 PM #4140
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

StaticShin27 wrote: View Post

Hasbro's Black Series and Marvel legends tend to come in at around 6.5" which is why I think a lot of people call it 6" scale as opposed to true 1/12th like figuarts and other import lines
TBF That's because most marvel characters/actors are OVER 6 foot.
Theres plenty of BS that arent as tall.

Saw someone crying about BBTS asking nine extra dollars for the SHF Hercule from DBZ... Meanwhile Cronus is over double the price.

Last edited by CryloBen; August 21st, 2018 at 05:15 PM.