Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2018, 07:49 PM #501
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay



Finished Build last night, got some photos. Um... I love the figure, but those stickers really are awful. I wish they would have gone the Gunpla way and made more bits actual pieces... but the figure is pretty nice.











Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Old August 5th, 2018, 10:19 PM #502
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Taichi wrote: View Post

Finished Build last night, got some photos. Um... I love the figure, but those stickers really are awful. I wish they would have gone the Gunpla way and made more bits actual pieces... but the figure is pretty nice.
What parts are stickers?

The white bits on his leg obviously but what else.
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:10 AM #503
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay



Starting from head to toe:

- Compound Eyes - Have reflective pieces on one side, black on the other. Goes behind the plastic to appear "metallic".
- Back piece of upper chest. While it's blue and red pieces on the front, the back is solid black with red and blue stickers
- Lower forearms of both sides. Completely black to begin with, red and blue stickers to match upper arms.
- Almost the entire belt. Yellow straps, gears on Driver, spinner wheel, red line under bottles and red "Build" symbol on belt.
- Lower waist under belt. Red and blue stickers on both sides.
- Upper thighs. Red and blue stickers on both sides.
- White spring on leg.
- Weapon is only grey and black, everything else, the yellow, dial, red and yellow on handle are all stickers.

The photos are edited a bit so you really can't tell too much, but I'm not a fan of stickers unless they're warranted. I feel they could have made more pieces red and blue and snap in.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:38 PM #504
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Taichi wrote: View Post

Starting from head to toe:

- Compound Eyes - Have reflective pieces on one side, black on the other. Goes behind the plastic to appear "metallic".
- Back piece of upper chest. While it's blue and red pieces on the front, the back is solid black with red and blue stickers
- Lower forearms of both sides. Completely black to begin with, red and blue stickers to match upper arms.
- Almost the entire belt. Yellow straps, gears on Driver, spinner wheel, red line under bottles and red "Build" symbol on belt.
- Lower waist under belt. Red and blue stickers on both sides.
- Upper thighs. Red and blue stickers on both sides.
- White spring on leg.
- Weapon is only grey and black, everything else, the yellow, dial, red and yellow on handle are all stickers.

The photos are edited a bit so you really can't tell too much, but I'm not a fan of stickers unless they're warranted. I feel they could have made more pieces red and blue and snap in.
Basically everything I expected. It's a shame. Guess I'll continue to try and get my hands on the SHF.
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:54 PM #505
Cuchulainn's Avatar
> Cuchulainn
hound of ulster
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 690
Cuchulainn
hound of ulster
Cuchulainn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 690



Yikes. Kit looks great but I'm definitely just gonna have to paint the whole thing. I gotta get through my Gunpla backlog before then. The belt strap being a sticker is ridiculous, though. That's just lazy.
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 08:21 PM #506
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,658
32 eBay



Yeah. There’s things that I could pass off with stickers, but the belt is one that shouldn’t have been.

The figure is nice... do not get me wrong, but it falls so short of Gunpla, but yet is on par with early Minipla.

I think too, it’s really going to depend on the Rider. I could see Kabuto, Double and some others that wouldn’t require stickers, and some that might need more. I think Build happens to fall in a weird area.

Like the Figure-rise Dragon Ball figures are great.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 12:09 AM #507
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Taichi wrote: View Post

Yeah. There’s things that I could pass off with stickers, but the belt is one that shouldn’t have been.

The figure is nice... do not get me wrong, but it falls so short of Gunpla, but yet is on par with early Minipla.

I think too, it’s really going to depend on the Rider. I could see Kabuto, Double and some others that wouldn’t require stickers, and some that might need more. I think Build happens to fall in a weird area.

Like the Figure-rise Dragon Ball figures are great.
I love my Figure-Rise DBZ and thats why I was hoping for Build here to be a bit less sticker-happy but I kinda understand with the suit design.

The only thing I'd think on Double that'd end up as stickers is his chest, ankle, and cuff swirl-things. OOOs whole chest would probably be a sticker like it was on the old MG kit.
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 03:50 PM #508
Cuchulainn's Avatar
> Cuchulainn
hound of ulster
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 690
Cuchulainn
hound of ulster
Cuchulainn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 690



Taichi wrote: View Post

Like the Figure-rise Dragon Ball figures are great.
I was gonna say, I think it's also obvious that the Rider Figurerise kits have been pushed to the wayside because the DBZ kits sell so well. I wouldn't be surprised if this kit just had less budgeting because most of it goes towards the Gokus and Vegetas now. I'm glad we even got another Rider kit. Thought they had abandoned it completely.
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 11:37 AM #509
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,644
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,644



So picked up my first Build toy. Actually my first toy anything in quite a long time and it's the Magma Knuckle. Man, this thing is fun to mess with just on its own. I won't purchase too many toys from each show because that's too much money, but I'll probably pick up a Build Driver, maybe even Cross-Z Dragon. Also, I like Image Anime for existing, but I'll stick with Amazon with this stuff. Got the knuckle way cheaper there compared to when I went to Image Anime.
GokaiGold is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2018, 02:02 AM #510
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



going to order the hazard trigger this week, then the week after the full bottle holder and then start saving for the great cross z dragon
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 05:13 AM #511
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



hazard trigger ordered next up full bottle holder after that saving up for the great cross z dragon just hope it shows up on ebay or amazon as i have no clue how to use the other sites wish there was a middleman service
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM #512
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Is the Build Driver worth it if I only plan on getting it and not really any other bottles or panels?
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2018, 01:14 AM #513
Yamato's Avatar
> Yamato
King of the Pirates
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,787
Yamato
King of the Pirates
Yamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,787



CryloBen wrote: View Post

Is the Build Driver worth it if I only plan on getting it and not really any other bottles or panels?
I would say yes. The driver uses a pin system for the bottles so if you look online maybe at Youtube you can see how other people "hacked" their belts and you can get all the sounds that way.
Yamato is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2018, 07:18 AM #514
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



is the build driver worth hell yes since ive got mine ive played with it daily like yamato said you can hack it aswell, i just got my bottle holder with the cleaner fullbottle waiting for my hazard trigger to come now, while im saving for the Great Cross z dragon im going to get more evil rider items
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2018, 06:53 PM #515
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Yamato wrote: View Post

I would say yes. The driver uses a pin system for the bottles so if you look online maybe at Youtube you can see how other people "hacked" their belts and you can get all the sounds that way.
It will probably my next Driver I pick up then. I might grab a few Best Matches but I don't wanna go whole hog..
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 01:05 PM #516
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



you can get the gasphons SG bottles cheap so no worries about going for the dx ones, with the reveal of gentoku's fullfull bottle for his hbv ill be leaving getting great cross z dragon to get that i love the form upgrade he gets looks very royal regal looking, now im wondering how to get it and how much it costs with luck i have time to save up till it comes out
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 01:09 PM #517
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the Driver with the Bottle holder, FullFull Rabbit/Tank Bottle, and the Hazard Trigger... only cause Hazard came instock. Meant to grab the Sparkling Can but forgot.
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 02:00 PM #518
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



lol nice just got my bottle holder this week i wish they had made it to hold four bottles instead of three so you can make three best matches without have an odd one out, the hazard trigger i ordered should be coming soon looking forward to that as a birthday present i am tempted to get the fullfull rabbit tank bottle but will have to wait either way are you going to get the genius bottle i havnt seen a review yet so dont know what functions it has showwise it doesnt seem to have many beside transformation and attacks
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 03:02 PM #519
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,061
eBay



Not sure yet; haven't even gotten to it in the show yet myself. But I should finish the show by midnight.

How BIG are the actual pandora panels? I can't imagine the're the same size as the show.
CryloBen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 03:39 PM #520
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 427



i think its about half its size not sure really havnt gotten one yet
moonknight2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.