RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 16th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #221
Kaigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed View Post
Except, as I keep pointing out, we don't know if that's the case. You have no idea what's really in store this season, and neither do I. But I wouldn't automatically assume, just because something wasn't done immediately, doesn't mean nothing will be done. Unlike most people here.
You can't blame us for thinking that after three seasons of the same shit they're suddenly going to start taking chances. If something comes of this then great, but with how let down I've been with this show for a couple seasons now I have very low expectations.
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #222
Cammy
This cage demeans us both

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionPower2001 View Post
That was explained in the episode. Cisco and Caitlin fired the ball containing Barry's DNA into the Speed Force using the Speed Force cannon as a way to fool the Speed Force into believing that Barry is still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed View Post
Again, this is only the first episode of the season. We don't know IF it worked. We have to see if there's repercussions later in the season. Getting all upset because it's not known what happened immediately is silly. God, people are impatient as hell.
That makes sense then. Thanks, crew!!
Cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #223
darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

Not seen it brought up. Watch the last scene of episode 1 again. The markings on DeVoe/Thinker are identical to the ones Barry was writing on the walls when he was in his 'crazy' state of mind.

darkshadowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #224
KRDK
Why So Serious?!

So I get a Teen Titans cartoon Hive Five vibe from this season. Kilgore being Gizmo and we are getting Jinx next week. Thinker filling the role of Brother Blood. Really curious where this is going.
KRDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #225
Alitain
God of Benevolence

So...that happened. And by that I mean Barry's risky business.

Nice episode. I enjoyed Iris and Barry addressing things between them. It's good to see that things weren't just immediately hunky dory again. And oh man, when Kilgore was jacking Barry's suit and each new problem came up and Cisco was freaking out, so much fun. Though I kind of though Wally was going to get to step up seeing as how his suit wasn't fancy. But no...he gets taken out immediately go figure.

Now we just need to have Barry and Wally clash since Wally has been more or less successfully Flashing it with Cisco while Barry was away. Probably wont happen though. And Cisco and Gypsy continue to be cute together.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #226
MasterMystechRanger
The One You Love to Hate

...is Wally like extra attractive this season or am I imagining things?
MasterMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:44 PM   #227
mjt2
Quark tastic

At least there’s something to look at. Writing wise this show just fell off a cliff. I almost admire their dedication to making nothing of consequence ever truly happen. I was hoping this season would be a fresh start, but yeesh. So much cringe.
mjt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 12:30 AM   #228
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

I cracked up when Barry made the funerals joke.

I did not even remotely understand the solution to Kilg%re. Inject him with a virus that turns 0 into 1? How do you rewrite code that is already written? How do you turn a program into a bioweapon? Even complete bullshit has to be dressed up for me to suspend my disbelief...

Cisco being too busy honestly didn't bother me, the problem was him not breaking the date immediately. Even when he went to go look through his magazines, she was just sitting around waiting. Dick move.

And god damn, does Wally have to be utterly worthless? Barry even warned a super-fast human being and he still got blasted by the suit. Then Barry gets hit by freaking lightning and STILL wakes up fast enough to catch a bullet and simultaneously administer the vaccine before Wally gets up. What is the point of Kid Flash existing if the writers don't want him there?

Oh, and how can Thinker see Kilg%re if there's no technology near his cell? Satellite feeds can't see through walls, can they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMystechRanger View Post
...is Wally like extra attractive this season or am I imagining things?
His new hair is ghastly.
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 12:35 AM   #229
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

Yeah... Wally's pretty pointless. Which sucks, because the dude is cool and they need to do more with him. They really can't just give him a moment?

Hell, not even a moment. Just give him something.
GreenMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:05 AM   #230
ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Felt like another filler episode until things start rolling..... There's 11 more "metas" which means we're likely getting main story only in bits and pieces......
ultrakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 03:36 AM   #231
toejammer
Power Ranger

Much better episode for me compared to last week

im liking this new laid back barry... maybe hes abit incompetent and on the same level of maturity as season one barry but its nice to get a change of pace to his character again, although im sure it wont be long until he is back to serious.

Glad that for now this shows in perfect sync with arrow in terms of on the timeline.

At first i thought gypsy was jealous that cisco wanted to spend more time with caitlyn but turns out it was just valentines day. Was kinda nice to see them get soppy. Hope she doesnt get taken away from him though

I was kinda digging the new suit... although it didnt need all those features

Wonder how many people are annoyed that barry can run to cocojitters and back before the pancake flipped back down but couldnt save various people ... ill never forget the rage of him being sble to deliver the wedding invites within like 5 seconds

Not too sure how i feel about the other 11 metas scenario. Guess we gotta see what their powers are and how long it takes for the thinker to make a phsyical impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowranger View Post
Not seen it brought up. Watch the last scene of episode 1 again. The markings on DeVoe/Thinker are identical to the ones Barry was writing on the walls when he was in his 'crazy' state of mind.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171011061704
Oh dang i never noticed that, i tried pausing various parts of episode 1 but didnt find any markings that were an exact match

Now that i think about it. Surely this season wont provide any sort of WOW since we already know they'll defeat devoe and saviatr already told them how to beat him?

Also , be careful when looking at certain aspects of this show online... just walked into some crossover spoilers that i didnt wish to see

Last edited by toejammer; October 18th, 2017 at 04:14 AM.
toejammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:04 AM   #232
Dark storm
Power Ranger

Yeah, I thought Wally looked super weird. I didn't even know who he was the first time I saw him this episode. Kept thinking, either they are gonna turn their heads after running into that room and say "who the heck are you?" or they replaced Wally with some other guy behind our backs. That was so confusing.

Liked the magazine Barry picked up with Oliver on the cover.
Dark storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #233
Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

I have a theory about some of the things Barry was talking about during last week's episode:
Was it possible he was seeing his own future from within the Speed Force? He was talking about how he didn't kill a man (another reference to the "Trial of the Flash" storyline, which was also referenced with that image of Barry in prison during his trip through time in "Fast Enough"), and his line "We're gonna need more diapers", which could have been a reference to he and Iris having twins (as in the Tornado Twins).
Bluecatcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #234
bearytrek
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecatcinema View Post
I have a theory about some of the things Barry was talking about during last week's episode:
Was it possible he was seeing his own future from within the Speed Force? He was talking about how he didn't kill a man (another reference to the "Trial of the Flash" storyline, which was also referenced with that image of Barry in prison during his trip through time in "Fast Enough"), and his line "We're gonna need more diapers", which could have been a reference to he and Iris having twins (as in the Tornado Twins).
yeah, I think essentially all that dialogue will turn up in future scenes and its up to us to catch them when they get used...

i liked the nod to what was going on in this week's Arrow...hopefully they can continue to sneak in little crossover bits (like Kid Flash's cameo on Legends)...

Last edited by bearytrek; October 19th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
bearytrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:06 PM   #235
jaredstar
ranger fan

I had one complaint why did they have to go geek stereotype with the motw but stick to the whole geek chic thing for his victims
jaredstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 04:42 PM   #236
KRDK
Why So Serious?!

It actually made sense though. He was a geek so his powers revolving around hacking made sense. Reminded me a bit of Control Freak from the TT cartoon. Were this taking place on the east coast I would swear that these guys were bang babies.
KRDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #237
Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Minor question but:

Is Wally still using the Flash costume or did he got back to the Kid Flash one?
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 01:13 AM   #238
toejammer
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
Minor question but:

Is Wally still using the Flash costume or did he got back to the Kid Flash one?
he has always been in the kid flash costume. He only wore the flash costume for a brief scene to try and trick the enemy
toejammer is offline   Reply With Quote