Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:57 AM #341
Bluecatcinema's Avatar
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,129
Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger
Bluecatcinema's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,129



It does seem like they're including several Pokemon from previous Generations, so it might not be so bad in terms of missing out on some.

Also, the Dynamax battles are looking better and better.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:30 AM #342
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560



I'm all for quality over quantity.

Not to mention, while being able to have all of the Pokemon in the game is cool, it's definitely superfluous sometimes.

Having Pokemon that aren't recognized by your dex makes it a little hard to keep track of your boxes in game.


As for trading with future games (Diamond and Pearl remakes specifically) there are always things you can't trade backwards to games in the same gen. AS and OR had exclusive Megas, and the clothes-wearing Pikachu. A patch is certainly possible, but it's not like Gamefreak hasn't done this before.

I'd much rather a solid set of new mons (the rumors have it at around 100, which is great), versus having all the old ones in for no reason other than tradition.

As long as I can put them in Home, and see them there, all good. (And we haven't even seen what Home is yet. What if it's an interactive environment of some kind?)
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:43 AM #343
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554



Dukemon wrote: View Post

As long as I can put them in Home, and see them there, all good. (And we haven't even seen what Home is yet. What if it's an interactive environment of some kind?)
This is my main hope and/or that they make a companion app that acts like Refresh. What if Home itself acts like the PokePelgo in some way? Also kinda hoping you can transfer Pokemon to the PokeBall+ straight from Home. I would but one of they did that.

Last edited by MutekiDragon; June 12th, 2019 at 07:59 AM.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:43 AM #344
tremor3258's Avatar
> tremor3258
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 329
tremor3258
Power Ranger
tremor3258's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 329



You still can't move them back to the Bank from Home? So they're stuck there if they can't move forward to SwSh?
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:56 AM #345
AdamPark62's Avatar
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733
AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
AdamPark62's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733



The thing that i found weird with this news is the fans’ reactions. It’s fine if it doesn’t bother you, but there’s a side of the fandom who act like people are just complaining for the sake of complaing... Like i don’t really mind if not all the pokemon are there, but i can totally see why people are dissapointed. You’re not smarter because it’s not a problem for you XD
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:00 AM #346
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

This is my main hope and/or that they make a companion app that acts like Refresh. What if Home itself acts like the PokePelgo in some way? Also kinda hoping you can transfer Pokemon to the PokeBall+ straight from Home. I would but one of they did that.
Ah, that'd be great, yeah. The fact that it's called Home makes me think it is something more like a hub where you can interact with them a bit, versus Bank being...well, a bank.

tremor3258 wrote: View Post

You still can't move them back to the Bank from Home? So they're stuck there if they can't move forward to SwSh?
There's no real reason to move them back to the bank, and I would assume once they're in home, they can't return to something from an earlier generation/earlier hardware. (That tends to be the case with Pokemon.)

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

The thing that i found weird with this news is the fans’ reactions. It’s fine if it doesn’t bother you, but there’s a side of the fandom who act like people are just complaining for the sake of complaing... Like i don’t really mind if not all the pokemon are there, but i can totally see why people are dissapointed. You’re not smarter because it’s not a problem for you XD
I think it's fine to be upset by it, but what isn't fine is the way people are being upset by it lol.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:01 AM #347
zjranger's Avatar
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
zjranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612



Dukemon wrote: View Post

I'm all for quality over quantity.

Not to mention, while being able to have all of the Pokemon in the game is cool, it's definitely superfluous sometimes.

Having Pokemon that aren't recognized by your dex makes it a little hard to keep track of your boxes in game.


As for trading with future games (Diamond and Pearl remakes specifically) there are always things you can't trade backwards to games in the same gen. AS and OR had exclusive Megas, and the clothes-wearing Pikachu. A patch is certainly possible, but it's not like Gamefreak hasn't done this before.

I'd much rather a solid set of new mons (the rumors have it at around 100, which is great), versus having all the old ones in for no reason other than tradition.

As long as I can put them in Home, and see them there, all good. (And we haven't even seen what Home is yet. What if it's an interactive environment of some kind?)
The thing though quality is pretty subjective for each player, who sees certain Pokemon as "good" for certain reasons. That being said the main issue for many really is that incorporating all Pokemon at this gen doesn't seem to be that big of a task at all after they have been doing in the past years. Either laziness, needing to crunch time, or new policy, not having all species be playable in a main game means we cannot enjoy the full Pokemon experience with any Pokemon imaginable. I'm fine with pure-regional game play pre-credits, but after that, I should be able to have replayability by having theoretically every Pokemon get the experience.

But the arguments of quality over quantity is more of a personal taste so there's really no right answer for this, but I hope those who see grievances of it would be understanding of them and hopefully not rub salt in their wounds (which some may be doing right now).

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I think it's fine to be upset by it, but what isn't fine is the way people are being upset by it lol.
Come on now, some people are personally affected by it, and IMO can feel however they feel. Let's be clear that I don't play the recent games , but mostly because I can't as I don't have money for it. But collecting all Pokemon is a core mechanic. IMO you can remove forme changes, Mega Evolutions, aesthetic differences, and maybe gender differences. But you just can't remove the core Pokemon specie altogether in a game. It's like saying a certain Pokemon doesn't exist anymore. And come on, lore wise it doesn't make sense why past generations can get Pokemon from other places while Galar has sort of border protection hehe.

Last edited by zjranger; June 12th, 2019 at 08:13 AM.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:06 AM #348
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,148
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger
cleanuphtr15's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,148



Dukemon wrote: View Post

As long as I can put them in Home, and see them there, all good. (And we haven't even seen what Home is yet. What if it's an interactive environment of some kind?)
This. I don't really need to have the ability to transfer all 900-whatever 'mon in every single game I play. If Home works as a place to store creatures from every generation (plus Go?) that's a fine place to keep them and to complete the Pokedex. I've always been the type to want to play the game with the pokemon I catch IN THAT GAME though, so others' mileage may vary.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:13 AM #349
AdamPark62's Avatar
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733
AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
AdamPark62's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733



Dukemon wrote: View Post

I think it's fine to be upset by it, but what isn't fine is the way people are being upset by it lol.
Nah, let’s be fair, no matter what you say or how you say it, there’s always that group of fans who think people are complaining for nothing.

And it’s especially dumb in that kind of situations because people who cares about their old Pokemon are obviously gonna be more affected/upset than people like me who never does anything with their old Pokemon XD
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:18 AM #350
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560



AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Nah, let’s be fair, no matter what you say or how you say it, there’s always that group of fans who think people are complaining for nothing.

And it’s especially dumb in that kind of situations because people who cares about their old Pokemon are obviously gonna be more affected/upset than people like me who never does anything with their old Pokemon XD
See, and I do utilize my old Pokemon lol. I guess it's just not that big of an issue for me.

And let me be clear- I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset about it. However, things like slinging threats at people who work at Gamefreak, like some people on twitter, etc. are doing, is inexcusable.

I am curious to see what the decision making process is for what Pokemon get left out though.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:22 AM #351
zjranger's Avatar
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
zjranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612



Dukemon wrote: View Post

See, and I do utilize my old Pokemon lol. I guess it's just not that big of an issue for me.

And let me be clear- I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset about it. However, things like slinging threats at people who work at Gamefreak, like some people on twitter, etc. are doing, is inexcusable.

I am curious to see what the decision making process is for what Pokemon get left out though.
Oh, I agree, no need to harass them personally. That being said, negative feedback is valid. I myself just simply hashtagged #BringBackNationalDex and I feel the cumulative complaints would be enough. I think the majority who dislikes this change are respectful about it though and most "meanness" are just through memes and jokes so I don't think we have reached unreasonable mob...yet.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:28 AM #352
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554



cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

This. I don't really need to have the ability to transfer all 900-whatever 'mon in every single game I play. If Home works as a place to store creatures from every generation (plus Go?) that's a fine place to keep them and to complete the Pokedex. I've always been the type to want to play the game with the pokemon I catch IN THAT GAME though, so others' mileage may vary.
Bank, Go and Let's Go can transfer to Home and it's a one way transfer fpr them. As of now the only games that can do both are Swors and Shield.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:32 AM #353
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560



MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

Bank, Go and Let's Go can transfer to Home and it's a one way transfer fpr them. As of now the only games that can do both are Swors and Shield.
Which makes sense.

-Once you can trade back to Go, the game is broken.
-Doesn't make sense to trade back to bank, and I feel like they'll probably end up suspending that service at some point.
-There's not much point in trading back to Let's Go lol.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:40 AM #354
zjranger's Avatar
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
zjranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612



Dukemon wrote: View Post

Which makes sense.

-Once you can trade back to Go, the game is broken.
-Doesn't make sense to trade back to bank, and I feel like they'll probably end up suspending that service at some point.
-There's not much point in trading back to Let's Go lol.
This is a big issue though, seeing if it is impossible to play certain Pokemon in the recent games, then why can't we keep them in a place where we can store and then put them to somewhere else playable? If there is a permanent substitute just like Ranch or something like that then it's OK, but isn't it kind of an extortion to put your old Pokemon in storage in hopes of having them be playable in the future AND pay for it? There's a reason why some are saying Home is actually Pokemon Prison at the moment. I mean yeah, we may do things with them on that platform, but it won't feel like you're playing Pokemon at all, just like how it still feels weird to have HyperForce be a better experience than Ninja Steel IMO even though the latter is the main media of the brand.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:46 AM #355
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,560



zjranger wrote: View Post

This is a big issue though, seeing if it is impossible to play certain Pokemon in the recent games, then why can't we keep them in a place where we can store and then put them to somewhere else playable? If there is a permanent substitute just like Ranch or something like that then it's OK, but isn't it kind of an extortion to put your old Pokemon in storage in hopes of having them be playable in the future AND pay for it? There's a reason why some are saying Home is actually Pokemon Prison at the moment. I mean yeah, we may do things with them on that platform, but it won't feel like you're playing Pokemon at all, just like how it still feels weird to have HyperForce be a better experience than Ninja Steel IMO even though the latter is the main media of the brand.
It's not really different than when you were able to bring your Pokemon over from Gen 5 to Gen 6 though. You couldn't send them back.

I think if that's the concern, wait until we have the full list of Pokemon available. Keep the ones you can't utilize in Bank for now, or in their respective games, and transfer the rest. Definitely get your point on that.

For me...I'm fine letting them exist in Home.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:54 AM #356
zjranger's Avatar
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime
zjranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,612



Dukemon wrote: View Post

It's not really different than when you were able to bring your Pokemon over from Gen 5 to Gen 6 though. You couldn't send them back.

I think if that's the concern, wait until we have the full list of Pokemon available. Keep the ones you can't utilize in Bank for now, or in their respective games, and transfer the rest. Definitely get your point on that.

For me...I'm fine letting them exist in Home.
That's why I'm hoping Bank still exists until a game AT LEAST allows all missing species to be put in...I doubt Bank will expire before such a game happens because I really think backlash will be CRAZY.

In short I think as long as a generation is able to play any Pokemon from the past generations in one of the core games, I say it is a complete generation, although it really makes it feel like "separate gens" in a single generation, really.
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:02 AM #357
AdamPark62's Avatar
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733
AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV
AdamPark62's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,733



I would be happy if Pokemon Home is a Pokemon Ranch like. There wasn't a lot to do, but i loved it XD
AdamPark62 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:39 AM #358
toejammer's Avatar
> toejammer
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,172
toejammer
Power Ranger
toejammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,172



No real way to tell if its the same leaker or an impersonator, but another one of those anonymous message board leaks dropped yesterday

https://twitter.com/leakspokemon/sta...900039168?s=21
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 12th, 2019, 11:04 AM #359
MutekiDragon's Avatar
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554
MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master
MutekiDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 554



AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

I would be happy if Pokemon Home is a Pokemon Ranch like. There wasn't a lot to do, but i loved it XD
Looked into Ranch and yeah that would be awesome if Home was that or PokePelago. Just let me see my mons wandering around interacting with each other would be fun.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 11:52 AM #360
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 261
FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 261



Quality over quantity is fine in theory, but what is quality here. Will they genuinely get new animations? Will there be some form of tweaks for all of them? Will they consider game balance for the roster?

If Home doesn't have some kind of innate gameplay it's looking kind of useless. Not much point transferring everything onto one service if a lot of them stay there (with previous generations you could keep pushing pokemon forward and actually use them in the newest games, which is different in my eyes).
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.