Old September 26th, 2018, 01:12 PM #161
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Tigran wrote: View Post

Well in that particular case I ment the SD episodes being on Blu-ray only being 1-2 disks instead of the 5-8 DVDs.
for whatever reason shout cannot do this. but other companies are doing this.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:38 PM #162
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Well in that particular case I ment the SD episodes being on Blu-ray only being 1-2 disks instead of the 5-8 DVDs.
What would be the point of that exactly, besides having slightly smaller cases?

Blu-ray is mainstream right now, but not everyone has a blu-ray player. DVD is still the more utilized method. And throwing SD episodes across 2 disks like that is not going to help their quality at all.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2018, 03:24 PM #163
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dukemon wrote: View Post

[...] throwing SD episodes across 2 disks like that is not going to help their quality at all.
I believe it could. For example, the MMPR release from Shout! it's not that great, specially season 1. Is really compressed. If you compare the standalone release of episode 1 to episode 1 on the DVD's, you can see the difference. Having a BR-SD means more space, so it would be less compression (sure, if Shout! decides to not compress them much) for more episodes in one disc.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 03:35 AM #164
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

Geeze you guys getting it friday... I won't get mine *if Amazon is to be believed* till Oct 23 at the earliest.
Digit wrote: View Post

Mine said October 23-November 14th. This could be a while.
Champ wrote: View Post

Uh huh. Good for you.

Seriously, I feel bad for those who hasn't recieve the set.

I'm sorry about that, guys. Hope everything works out for you all.
I'm sorry everyone

The Golden Witch wrote: View Post

Yeah, I got the "could be a while" message, so I just bit the bullet and cancelled my pre-order and put an order in on Shout's site. At least I know it'll be here in a week rather than wondering if it's going to ship.
Taichi wrote: View Post

My set from Amazon is arriving tomorrow... O_O

I get the frustration with Amazon. I rarely use them because they're notorious anymore with canceling my pre-orders unexpectedly. I've been burned so many times that I refuse to really give them any of my money unless I have to. Why I keep getting these sets from them is I don't have to pay upfront, and the price flux usually I come out ahead.

So I'm sorry to those that have to wait.
Yeah, Ohranger was the last time I preordered from Amazon except for Kindle books, ESPECIALLY for Sentai.

HurricaneRed wrote: View Post

If sentai goes to blu ray how much would a series cost.

I'm happy we are getting sets, and at reasonable prices at all. This has Power Rangers/Sentai fans dreams for the longest time. DVD or blu ray I will support Shout Factory
Probably $70 if there is an increase.

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

I believe it could. For example, the MMPR release from Shout! it's not that great, specially season 1. Is really compressed. If you compare the standalone release of episode 1 to episode 1 on the DVD's, you can see the difference. Having a BR-SD means more space, so it would be less compression (sure, if Shout! decides to not compress them much) for more episodes in one disc.
That is true. Blu-Ray can make for smaller (and hopefully cheaper) season sets of SD material. That said, if it was shot on film, I'd rather they remaster the film and edit it into HD versions. I know that's probably not feasible for 99% of shows with visual effects (just ask Star Trek DS9 and VOY; also, I'm totally buying Zyuranger on Blu-Ray and not just because I actually love it), but if a film copy exists or just needs the pieces put together again, I'd rather that.

I'm only accepting the Juspion SDBD set because I know it didn't get a Blu-Ray release in Japan and I know there's no way in heck the US would get an HD version before Japan. That's why I hope Jetman means Shout's alternating between newer and older series: it'll take longer to get to Magiranger but it'll give more time for Toei to do a Japanese Blu-Ray of Goseiger which, HOPEFULLY, means Shout can start BD releases with Go-onger (a guy can hope )
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 06:45 AM #165
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Dukemon wrote: View Post

What would be the point of that exactly, besides having slightly smaller cases?

Blu-ray is mainstream right now, but not everyone has a blu-ray player. DVD is still the more utilized method. And throwing SD episodes across 2 disks like that is not going to help their quality at all.
what would be the point? how about, less clutter and more shelf space? Bluray discs can hold, well you know how much. Companies like Discotek Media have been putting SD content onto BD now. So we wouldn't have shelves upon shelves because companies like to release several volume dvds. Now it can be put onto a larger physical format and take up less space.

How about the fact that BDs are more durable than the run of the mill DVD? Harder to scratch and last longer then a DVD.

Now of course there's a limit to how many episodes can fit onto one BD, but I'd rather have SD content on a BD so that I can get rid of large volumes of dvd series.

monkeyjb1988 wrote: View Post

I'm only accepting the Juspion SDBD set because I know it didn't get a Blu-Ray release in Japan and I know there's no way in heck the US would get an HD version before Japan. That's why I hope Jetman means Shout's alternating between newer and older series: it'll take longer to get to Magiranger but it'll give more time for Toei to do a Japanese Blu-Ray of Goseiger which, HOPEFULLY, means Shout can start BD releases with Go-onger (a guy can hope )
if Toei hasn't released goseiger on bluray by now, i doubt they will. It didn't so well if i remember correctly. I think they are only converting to bluray for series that were well recieved by their japanese audience. Really though, go-onger was a horrid series. RPM was far superior.
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:08 AM #166
> Onion Knight 11
Power Ranger

Onion Knight 11
Power Ranger

My copy of Jetman just came in the mail so I figure I'd share some pics.

Onion Knight 11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:26 AM #167
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

megagao wrote: View Post

what would be the point? how about, less clutter and more shelf space? Bluray discs can hold, well you know how much. Companies like Discotek Media have been putting SD content onto BD now.
They're like, the only company I know of who has been doing that.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:49 AM #168
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this!
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:10 AM #169
> Onion Knight 11
Power Ranger

Onion Knight 11
Power Ranger

Champ wrote: View Post

Awesome! Thank you for sharing this!
No problem.
Onion Knight 11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM #170
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

I'll have to look later; got to get to work changing the Jetman titles on the Wikia.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 10:05 AM #171
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

monkeyjb1988 wrote: View Post

That is true. Blu-Ray can make for smaller (and hopefully cheaper) season sets of SD material. That said, if it was shot on film, I'd rather they remaster the film and edit it into HD versions. I know that's probably not feasible for 99% of shows with visual effects (just ask Star Trek DS9 and VOY; also, I'm totally buying Zyuranger on Blu-Ray and not just because I actually love it), but if a film copy exists or just needs the pieces put together again, I'd rather that.

The movies Blu-Rays looked BEAUTIFUL (except for Timeranger vs GoGoV and onward). There's no doubt that, if the episodes are preserved in the same way than those movies, then Zyuranger to GoGoV would look damn good.

what would be the point? how about, less clutter and more shelf space? Bluray discs can hold, well you know how much. Companies like Discotek Media have been putting SD content onto BD now. So we wouldn't have shelves upon shelves because companies like to release several volume dvds. Now it can be put onto a larger physical format and take up less space.

How about the fact that BDs are more durable than the run of the mill DVD? Harder to scratch and last longer then a DVD.

Now of course there's a limit to how many episodes can fit onto one BD, but I'd rather have SD content on a BD so that I can get rid of large volumes of dvd series.

if Toei hasn't released goseiger on bluray by now, i doubt they will. It didn't so well if i remember correctly. I think they are only converting to bluray for series that were well recieved by their japanese audience. Really though, go-onger was a horrid series. RPM was far superior.
Goseiger hasn't been released yet because they haven't done a 10 Years reunion (they might never do it). Dekaranger got one when that movie was made, same for Go-Onger. Maybe that's why for now.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 11:36 AM #172
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

The reason that Deka and Go-On got both 10YA and Blu-Rays is because they're both still popular seasons to Toei. As great finally getting Goseiger (or heck, Boukenger and Gekiranger) on Blu-Ray would be, Toei doesn't think they're successful and they can't just get them back together...so we're probably out of luck unless they decide to do Blu-Rays for other seasons other than those they deem it.

BTW: just got notification that my copy of Jetman's coming from Amazon...seriously they should have waited and paired this up with my Fraggle Rock set.
Old September 27th, 2018, 04:49 PM #173
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Goseiger was broadcast in HD. Toei has raw HD files.

It's all about the SKU and moving the SKU. The mastering isn't a holdup.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:49 PM #174
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Mine just got sent out tonight.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 10:43 PM #175
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

I finally got mine, and I talk about it in the merchandise thread.

https://www.RangerBoard.com/showpost...0&postcount=41

I got the shipment notification on Monday and Wednesday would have been the day where I'd have originally gotten it, but like I said, the bad weather on Tuesday may have caused the delay. I live in New York, and the tracking information usually mentions it reaching New Jersey on the day before I'm scheduled to get it. Either that, or in the morning of the day I'm scheduled to have something delivered, tracking information would mention that it has reached the post office in my city that delivers my mail. So when I didn't see that yesterday morning, I thought that perhaps it did reach my post office but the tracking information wasn't updated yet. Then I'd get an update in the middle of the day saying that it reached a shipping facility in New Jersey. So that's when I knew there was a delay.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 28th, 2018, 12:35 AM #176
> ComradeMisato
Power Ranger

ComradeMisato
Power Ranger

Re: the Jetman set, has anyone else whoís gotten theirs noticed an odd frame blending effect on a lot of shots featuring cel animation? Itís all over the shots of the robot running wild in the first episode, you canít miss it. I checked the MKVs I downloaded ages ago and itís definitely just an issue with the new set.

My guess - my hope - is that this is some kind of mastering or encoding error on Shout! or Toeiís part, and the set is being delayed so they can fix it.
ComradeMisato is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 06:39 AM #177
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Goseiger was broadcast in HD. Toei has raw HD files.

It's all about the SKU and moving the SKU. The mastering isn't a holdup.
just as someone just stated, toei doesn't care about that when it comes to what series they upgrade to HD. if said sentai season didn't do so well, ratings wise, they wont release a bluray version. shinkenger was the first sentai to get the upgrade i believe, because of the sheer amount of great feedback that series got. goseiger, while not being a bomb, didn't do so well viewer wise. if they do release it on bluray, it wont be ANY time soon.

got my set finally last night. so pleased with how it looks. i haven't popped it into my dvd player just yet. this weekend for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoQFnYwA...on_share_sheet
Old September 28th, 2018, 02:29 PM #178
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Just got shipping notification. It will be here monday
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 02:52 PM #179
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

Still nothing on my order.
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 03:51 PM #180
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Surprisingly got both Jetman and Fraggle Rock today. It's just amazing putting a Sentai set on my bookcase before Zyuranger finally.