Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2018, 11:10 AM #281
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



is it me or has shout factory taken a long while to post any videos pertaining to gaoranger up on their site? dont they usually post scenes by now? or am i mistaken?

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Is that a picture of GaoKnight I see in there? I thought it only appeared in a movie. Something we may never get from Shout! Factory.
i honestly doubt shout will not release the movies. while i would of preferred them releasing a season, than the movie associated with that season, i'm sure they will release the movies after completing their seasons boxsets. i mean why wouldn't they want to release said movies?
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 01:35 PM #282
Champ's Avatar
> Champ
Lupin Red!
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,793
Champ
Lupin Red!
Champ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,793



Thank you for the pictures! It looks great! Even tho it's weird to see Gaoknight in there.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2018, 01:46 PM #283
Activator's Avatar
> Activator
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,535
Activator
Power Ranger
Activator's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1,535



megagao wrote: View Post

is it me or has shout factory taken a long while to post any videos pertaining to gaoranger up on their site? dont they usually post scenes by now? or am i mistaken?



i honestly doubt shout will not release the movies. while i would of preferred them releasing a season, than the movie associated with that season, i'm sure they will release the movies after completing their seasons boxsets. i mean why wouldn't they want to release said movies?
Are the movies a different set of rights? Ideally it would have been cool to have the team ups and movies included with the teams they concern but, still, what we are getting is pretty awesome

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

I don't like the cover either, honestly. Besides, the characters are too apart of each other.
Are the rangers all from the same pose in an episode or is it all photoshopped into one thing? I ask because HurricaneBlue is standing above Yellow and the gouraigers kinda look like they were standing somewhere else too lol. I think I sign off on the 'cover is bad' side, but the full series...can't complain.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2018, 08:58 AM #284
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



Activator wrote: View Post

Are the movies a different set of rights? Ideally it would have been cool to have the team ups and movies included with the teams they concern but, still, what we are getting is pretty awesome

yes, movies are a separate rights issue. apparently more expensive. so i guess or hope they will release them after the series are done being subbed.

just got my confirmation email. my gaoranger boxset should be here today. yay! although i haven't even finished watching megaranger yet, nor ohranger and i completely skipped over carranger for the moment. (i own it, just haven't seen it yet).

Last edited by megagao; December 18th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2018, 09:51 AM #285
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



is it me? or does gaoranger look a lil less in video quality then timeranger? it could be a lot of factors obviously, but i wanted other peoples input.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 10:33 AM #286
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,653
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,653



Something I just noticed that bothers me about this set. Why did they put the first and last disc on the inside of the front and back covers of this box set? This is an 8-disc set and they didn't do this with any of those sets. Only with the first three because they were 10 disc sets. I just don't like it because it covers the episode list.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 11:50 AM #287
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,700
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,700



Only thing I can think of is a cost and plastic-saving thing. Less plastic sometimes is a good thing even if it's an inconvenience.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 07:28 AM #288
Storm Eagle's Avatar
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,532
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,532



Amazon now has a listing for Hurricaneger.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MR9KCPX...rds=B07MR9KCPX
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 10:33 AM #289
Dark storm's Avatar
> Dark storm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,653
Dark storm
Power Ranger
Dark storm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2,653



I'll be preordering that soon.
Side note, there's an error on the last episode of disc 2 of gaoranger, "The soul bird cries." When the rangers get their jewels back, the sub of the narrator (probably Shout's mistake) said they had 12 jewels, when in fact it's only 10 at this point. They even show the jewels and count 10.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 05:33 AM #290
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,997
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,997
eBay



megagao wrote: View Post

is it me? or does gaoranger look a lil less in video quality then timeranger? it could be a lot of factors obviously, but i wanted other peoples input.
Timeranger has one of the worst masterting/transfers of all post Jetman sentai, but Gaoranger appears to be where they start to turn it around again. I think the majority would agree that Gaoranger looks better than Timeranger.

However, the color grading will remain pretty much broken right up to Boukenger when they finally learn to reduce the blues and up the contrast a little.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 07:30 AM #291
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

Timeranger has one of the worst masterting/transfers of all post Jetman sentai, but Gaoranger appears to be where they start to turn it around again. I think the majority would agree that Gaoranger looks better than Timeranger.

However, the color grading will remain pretty much broken right up to Boukenger when they finally learn to reduce the blues and up the contrast a little.
i suppose so, personally gaoranger looked a lil on the lower side, compression wise at least.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:57 AM #292
Storm Eagle's Avatar
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,532
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,532



Now that we're in 2019, we can say that 2018 was the best year for Sentai releases. All those other years, we just go two releases, and last year gave us five, and one of them was a pre-Zyuranger Sentai. We're even getting at least one more this year. There were people who thought these releases would fail just because they were being released in order instead of the most popular ones getting released first. So I hope the fact that we got five last year has proven them wrong. We'll probably get up to Magiranger this year, or maybe even Boukenger.

I've been enjoying Gaoranger and I'll be starting the fifth disc soon. Then I'll watch Wild Force afterwards, as well as other episodes with Wild Force references. I got Jetman around the time it came out, and I left off at disc 2 after episode 9. I plan to go back to it again after finishing Gaoranger and revisiting Wild Force. I figure I can take my time with Jetman since it has no PR counterpart, but I'll try to get this done before Hurricanger gets released in March.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 07:52 AM #293
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



yea last year was great. i hope we get better things this year. maybe even news about a compilation movie boxset. Currently, i just finished wild force, i'll move onto ninja storm soon. i haven't even seen these dvds i got from shout factory. i figure i finish my run of the shout factory boxsets before going back to finish megaranger and ohranger and watching the rest of the super sentai boxsets we've gotten so far.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:22 AM #294
Superanger's Avatar
> Superanger
It's time to change
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,180
Superanger
It's time to change
Superanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,180



Activator wrote: View Post

Are the movies a different set of rights? Ideally it would have been cool to have the team ups and movies included with the teams they concern but, still, what we are getting is pretty awesome.
Yes. the rights are different. Hence why the Team ups never used the sentai footage from their respective films. During Lightspeed rescue, Tzachor struck a sponsorship deal with Mcdonald's for the teamup movie footage.
Superanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 10:53 AM #295
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,020
8 eBay



Superanger wrote: View Post

Yes. the rights are different. Hence why the Team ups never used the sentai footage from their respective films. During Lightspeed rescue, Tzachor struck a sponsorship deal with Mcdonald's for the teamup movie footage.
except for oh vs kaku. it was in a two parter zeo ep. and i thought they used movie footage for parts of the lightspeed and lost galaxy teamup as well?
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 11:48 AM #296
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,726
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,726



megagao wrote: View Post

except for oh vs kaku. it was in a two parter zeo ep. and i thought they used movie footage for parts of the lightspeed and lost galaxy teamup as well?
The rights are separate, but they can opt to buy them, should they want to. We've had a fair bit of team up footage utilized in the past.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 01:46 PM #297
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,414
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,414



True: Oh vs Kaku, Ginga vs GoGoV and Shinken vs Go-on. Also, the Shinkenger Summer movie and the Returns Special. And now the Ninninger Summer Movie.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:35 AM #298
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 684
monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger
monkeyjb1988's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 684



megagao wrote: View Post

is it me? or does gaoranger look a lil less in video quality then timeranger? it could be a lot of factors obviously, but i wanted other peoples input.
Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

Timeranger has one of the worst masterting/transfers of all post Jetman sentai, but Gaoranger appears to be where they start to turn it around again. I think the majority would agree that Gaoranger looks better than Timeranger.

However, the color grading will remain pretty much broken right up to Boukenger when they finally learn to reduce the blues and up the contrast a little.
megagao wrote: View Post

i suppose so, personally gaoranger looked a lil on the lower side, compression wise at least.
To me, Gaoranger looks gorgeous compared to Timeranger. Not as good as Zyuranger-Ohranger, but that can be explained: Gaoranger's film was scanned in 2001 and the final master is a early 21st century tape/file. The older series scans benefited from newer tech, with the resultant uptick in quality. (I only figured the older series weren't scanned until after Gaoranger is because the older sure weren't remastered in time for Gao vs Super Sentai).

Also, if Toei chooses, they can be remastered in true HD while Gaoranger has to do with an upscale unless they rescan the film and reedit them (something the V-Cinemas show is not likely and that a Gaoranger upscale wouldn't be horrible).
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 4th, 2019, 04:21 PM #299
ComradeMisato's Avatar
> ComradeMisato
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ComradeMisato
Power Ranger
ComradeMisato's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6



I just had my Amazon preorder of Hurricaneger cancelled; anyone else have that happen? Any issues with Shout! Factory preorders?
ComradeMisato is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 04:40 PM #300
SaviourMK2's Avatar
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy
 
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 75
eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy
SaviourMK2's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 75
eBay



I got Ninja Sentai Kakuranger as a Christmas gift. I've really, REALLY slacked off buying these DVD sets (I currently only own Zyuranger and Kakuranger).
I'm ashamed to say I've failed to keep up with these.
SaviourMK2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.