Home Menu

Menu

Old October 2nd, 2018, 04:56 AM #201
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

If Garo sells (even despite the anime tie-in) I think Rider will be fine.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 07:09 AM #202
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

I'd still like them to do Beetle Fighters. Would like to see that before it was done Justin-style
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 07:25 AM #203
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

But would it sell? They tried dubbing Black RX and it didn't really wow anyone...and of course someone else had that infamous Ryuki adaptation. Toku fans may know of the joys of Rider and the hugeness of Heisei-era stuff, but that's something I think they may need to test the waters with...or just have a hard time getting considering Ishinomori wanted nothing to do with "Masked Rider".
But I'm not talking about selling the americanized Riders. I'm talking about selling the Japanese versions, just as they are Super Sentai. And like someone pointed out, Garo is apparently doing okay as well.

Heck.. they can even use their own slogan for Rider, granted modified a bit. Especially if they started with 71. "Before there was Super Sentai, there was... Kamen Rider."
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 08:09 AM #204
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Dark storm wrote: View Post

I'd still like them to do Beetle Fighters. Would like to see that before it was done Justin-style
Hate to break it to you, but B-Fighter Kabuto's main hero is more immature and annoying than any of those Saban kids. Imagine Kai from Magiranger, or Davis from Digimon - except more annoying, and without an arc.

It just dawned on me - the annoying ones always play soccer.

considering Ishinomori wanted nothing to do with "Masked Rider".
Ishinomori 'allowed' 'his brand' to become corporatized & then cancelled. Nothing suggests Ishinomori, the man nor the prod company, took issue with Saban's Masked Rider.

Let's lay fan speculation from last century to rest. Maximum Entertainment released a MR DVD in 2005, Addness licensed and produced KRDK between 2006 and 2008, Saban bought MR in 2010, and sold it in 2018. Bluefin displays the Black RX Figuart with MMPR.

But would it sell? They tried dubbing Black RX and it didn't really wow anyone...and of course someone else had that infamous Ryuki adaptation. Toku fans may know of the joys of Rider and the hugeness of Heisei-era stuff, but that's something I think they may need to test the waters with...or just have a hard time getting
Kamen Rider Kabuto was also fully dubbed in English, and aired on Cartoon Network Philippines' Toonami block, alongside Power Rangers Jungle Fury.

Kamen Rider has so much untapped market value, that can't be overstated. Kamen Rider borrows from post-wartime iconography - folklore says there was a man on a bike with a scarf. KR gave Japan an identifiable and personal hero.

In the US, there isn't a simmilar cultural response, like you might see for the Batsignal. Even though the culture craves heroes, the medium demands excuses...
  • The suits are supposed to look that way, I swear.
  • They're not actually cheap, they just look cheap!
  • They make these every week, you try better!
  • The CG was a miss, but wasn't that dolly awesome?
  • You just don't understand the complexity of the toy-to-screen pipeline!!!

There's a secret sauce. The snappiest hero aesthetic, a more organic villain aesthetic, non obtrusive toys + the steadily improving CGI.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; October 2nd, 2018 at 08:26 AM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 02:26 PM #205
> Topgaler
occasionally exists

Topgaler
occasionally exists

Is there an easy way to replace Shout Factory cases without returning the entire set? I got DaiRanger a few days ago.. The discs are all fine, but some of the plastic clips that hold the box shut did the monster mash while it was in the mail and now my box doesn't snap shut correctly.
Topgaler is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 02:43 PM #206
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Check this forum. It's for Blu-Rays, but those pages also have DVD's when you check them out:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=80758
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:43 PM #207
> Topgaler
occasionally exists

Topgaler
occasionally exists

What size are the cases Shout Factory uses? 33mm is definitely too big for the cover art.
Topgaler is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:52 PM #208
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Topgaler wrote: View Post

What size are the cases Shout Factory uses? 33mm is definitely too big for the cover art.
They're the same height as regular DVD cases. As for the spine, you can put two regular-sized DVD cases together and the Sentai DVD cases are just almost the same size.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 12:50 PM #209
> HurricaneRed
Kamen Rider Agito

HurricaneRed
Kamen Rider Agito

But would it sell? They tried dubbing Black RX and it didn't really wow anyone...and of course someone else had that infamous Ryuki adaptation. Toku fans may know of the joys of Rider and the hugeness of Heisei-era stuff, but that's something I think they may need to test the waters with...or just have a hard time getting considering Ishinomori wanted nothing to do with "Masked Rider".
Well the metal hero series Juspion is getting a US blu-ray release in 2019

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/08/1...-america-54642
HurricaneRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 06:02 PM #210
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Toei probably wants too much for Kamen Rider. It's one of their biggest legacy products and I can't imagine a relatively niche DVD release would entice them enough into letting it happen.
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 10:04 PM #211
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

HurricaneRed wrote: View Post

Well the metal hero series Juspion is getting a US blu-ray release in 2019

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/08/1...-america-54642
That has already been reported before. There's even a thread for it, and I can't believe we still don't have a release date for that.
Old October 25th, 2018, 03:40 PM #212
> Blue Shadow
Zanki

Blue Shadow
Zanki

Ok, I'm way out of the loop on everything going on with these box sets. A friend of mine imported Timeranger direct from amazon.com for my birthday, I checked with him and it was direct from them, but I'm wondering if it is a bootleg. On opening it I noticed that some of the discs are misprinted, blurry images of the Rangers and one disc looks like it was printed separatly from the rest as it has raised ink. The plastic cover of the box itself is wrinkled on the front. The other thing I have noticed is quality issues, there are lines when the people move. This could just be because I'm testing the disc on my laptop and not my blu ray player since I wanted to see what the disc size is. It's 6.36gb. Could I have somehow ended up with a bootleg set?
Blue Shadow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:07 PM #213
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

Okay, so I checked my discs. That could be right, depending on the disc. If it had 7 episodes on it (so discs 1-3), it could be bootleg, since disc 1 for me was 7.4 GB. If it had 6, it could still be legit, disc 8 for me was 6.31 GB.

About the lines, when watching on a laptop, make sure you're deinterlacing the video. If you use VLC, go up to video and turn deinterlacing on. I find blending achieves the best results. If you watch on an actual player hooked up to a tv, it should do it automatically; test it on that.

Although, given the set is in such bad condition, you might want to contact Amazon and see if they can get you a replacement set, or maybe even contact Shout directly. I've heard they're good with these sorts of things.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 04:42 PM #214
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Blue Shadow wrote: View Post

Ok, I'm way out of the loop on everything going on with these box sets. A friend of mine imported Timeranger direct from amazon.com for my birthday, I checked with him and it was direct from them, but I'm wondering if it is a bootleg. On opening it I noticed that some of the discs are misprinted, blurry images of the Rangers and one disc looks like it was printed separatly from the rest as it has raised ink. The plastic cover of the box itself is wrinkled on the front. The other thing I have noticed is quality issues, there are lines when the people move. This could just be because I'm testing the disc on my laptop and not my blu ray player since I wanted to see what the disc size is. It's 6.36gb. Could I have somehow ended up with a bootleg set?

Shout! Factory's discs are generally dual-layered and are at least 4.7 gigabytes. So the size is on point. If you're still concerned that it might somehow be a bootleg, then you should contact Shout! Factory and see what they make of it.
Old October 26th, 2018, 10:06 AM #215
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Blue Shadow wrote: View Post

so it was shipped and sold by amazon? not a third party seller on amazon? it has to say sold by amazon.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 10:38 PM #216
> Corinthian
Guardian Of Corinth

Corinthian
Guardian Of Corinth

I am so glad Shout Factory is releasing sentai in the US and can't wait for Gaoranger in December. I just hope Hasbro let's Shout continue to release more (and more recent) seasons!
Corinthian is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:27 AM #217
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

Corinthian wrote: View Post

I am so glad Shout Factory is releasing sentai in the US and can't wait for Gaoranger in December. I just hope Hasbro let's Shout continue to release more (and more recent) seasons!
Idk, I could be wrong but I dont think Hasbro has much to do with Sentai Season box sets. That is Toei that has that power. I could be wrong however.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:33 AM #218
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

These boxsets have the Saban Brands logo on them (is Gao the first one that'll say Hasbro instead?) so, yes, they are involved.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:48 AM #219
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

Makes sense. Thank you for the correction Digi. I am not at home to look at my sets at the moment
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2018, 07:30 AM #220
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Digifiend wrote: View Post

These boxsets have the Saban Brands logo on them (is Gao the first one that'll say Hasbro instead?) so, yes, they are involved.
Andros wrote: View Post

Makes sense. Thank you for the correction Digi. I am not at home to look at my sets at the moment
They do have the Saban Brands logo on them.

Also, this may or may not put peoples' concerns at ease.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BWard028/...75599141597184