Home Menu

Menu

Old September 24th, 2018, 03:48 AM #61
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

fb111a wrote: View Post

Read a few chapters... so far, a very intriguing look into a cartoon I liked when I was young...
Thanks for your interest

Have you seen the rebooted series? That's what these particular fanfics are based upon.

It's been an interesting process being apart of the fanfiction community for the show , the DM fandom at large is pretty deep, often using the characters to explore depressing themes such as self-harm, homosexuality, and suicide. I'm not as bold, I generally just write 'ship-teasing fluff with the occasional foray into action and comedy.

It's also a rewarding experiance, as the showrunners have really ramped up the Squawk/Penfold 'shipping in recent episodes. I won't soon forget "A Fistful of Penfolds" in a hurry.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2018, 06:45 AM #62
> fb111a
Power Ranger

fb111a
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Thanks for your interest

Have you seen the rebooted series? That's what these particular fanfics are based upon.

It's been an interesting process being apart of the fanfiction community for the show , the DM fandom at large is pretty deep, often using the characters to explore depressing themes such as self-harm, homosexuality, and suicide. I'm not as bold, I generally just write 'ship-teasing fluff with the occasional foray into action and comedy.

It's also a rewarding experiance, as the showrunners have really ramped up the Squawk/Penfold 'shipping in recent episodes. I won't soon forget "A Fistful of Penfolds" in a hurry.
Nope, just the classic series so far...
fb111a is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2018, 06:52 AM #63
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

FUTURE IMPERFECT

(Contains spoilers for "A Fistful of Penfolds")

The west side of London had never seen such peril.

Well, Ok, maybe it has seen it's fair share of peril, but this had been a fairly quiet couple of days up until this point, so let me rephrase that and say the west side of London had never seen such danger all weekend.

Professor Squawkencluck's Tenfold battalion had been turned against her by the rogue droid who had christened himself Meanfold, and only the imperfections of Danger Mouse's faithful sidekick Penfold were the means by which they were brought to a halt.

London was saved and lessons were learned.

But that's not all that had happened that day, oh no.

Some of our favourite people took a bold step forward, and now the time had come to talk.

The Colonel had decided to spend the rest of the weekend riding off into uncharted territory on horseback, leaving the Danger Agency unmanned.

Normally, this would be the ideal time to throw a party, but the agents were already debating furiously over whom best would replace the Colonel in command until his return. Danger Mouse was caught up in the heated exchanges trying to throw his own name into the prize raffle hat.

That's right; they're holding a random raffle to determine the new commander-in-chief.

Even I, your humble narrator, have a horse in this race.

That horse's name happens to be Ed; he's been on Channel 5 nature documentaries. Lovely animal.

Yes, Commander-In-Chief, you'd think DM's able assistant would be eager to start calling him that if he's fortunate enough to win.

But that is not what is on Penfold's mind this evening as he remains held up in Professor Squawkencluck's lab.

He stood there, his fingers twiddling, he spotted the taser the Professor had been using on the Tenfold army to bring them to order whenever an imperfection in their programming had been detected, a mistake which had turned the prototype into Meanfold and caused the whole mess.

Penfold wandered if the emotional imperfections he was feeling now would go away if he took the taser device and zapped himself with it, maybe it would annoy the Professor and she'd tell him off and send him scampering out of the lab, and thus avoid all of the awkwardness.

No, he couldn't evade this, to provide distance between the Elephant and the room was not the answer he was looking for, it wouldn't be fair to him, or to her.

It starts with one thing

"So...Professor, I just wanted to ask you..."

"...If I'll fill in the Colonel's shoes? No thank you, I'm much too busy tinkering away at these Tenfolds, I'm sure the mouse has rigged the raffle so he'll win regardless"

"Well, not exactly...it's just..."

"...Ok, level with me, it's about why I tried to replace you with a superior model isn't it?"

Penfold stalled.

Was this the better question to ask of her?

His mind kept racing back to what had happened on the wagon the pair rode in on after escaping the Tenfolds. He repeated, in her voice, the four words that had sprang from Squawk's lips just as she realised the perfect sidekick was standing just in front of her, he kicked himself for almost reciprocating the sentiment, and what the Professor had done afterwards when she realised he was serious.

She clearly wasn't ready to deal with the reality of what she'd said; he knew that, that's why she pushed him back. That had to be the answer.

At least the answer his own mind and soul had to settle for.

Still, he needed something definite from her, something that felt safe to ask, maybe she sensed that as well, and chose to retrace her steps to how it all began that day, or for the last several days.

Clearly, the Tenfold program had been a passion project of hers for quite a while; she had been fixated on trying to have him replaced.

T he question for Penfold now was simple.

Who did this benefit more?

Penfold needed to know.

"Sure Professor, that's totally it, give me the dirt, I promise I won't bury you in it" he said.

"You won't?" Squawk asked.

Penfold nodded.

"Oh you humble little hamster, you're quite the catch, Scarlett was lucky to have you" she said.

"Scarlet? As in Johamster? My ex?" Penfold replied.

"Of course, when I heard you two had split, I figured it was this accursed occupation we occupy ourselves with that had driven a wedge between the pair of you. You could have had such a great future together, my little star with a starlet, a match made in the heavens. You can tell who the hopeless romantic in the room is just by how I describe things"

"So you started the Tenfold programme to create someone that would replace me...all so Scarlet could have me for herself?" Penfold replied.

"Exactly, you had what every member of this agency craves Penfold, actual understanding and companionship, and more importantly, a major celebrity connection. You could have sold the rights to our stories to Hollywood. I could have gotten someone to play me on screen too" she said.

The two looked each other in the eye and were temporarily mesmerised.

"Yeah, totally crazy right?" she said nervously.

"You know Professor; we're so busy trying to perfect our world that we run the risk of creating an imperfect future for ourselves and our loved ones. I'll have to be more careful, but only as long as you're more careful with your good intentions" Penfold suggested.

"How careful would you like?" Squawk seductively muttered.

"I didn't quite catch that" Penfold teased, lying to her and himself.

"I think you'd better check on the Mouse, see if he's hit the big time" she said.

"Oh crumbs, good point, there is an awfully big clock in that assembly hall" Penfold replied.

As he dashed off, the Professor went back to work, the conversation that had replaying in her mind for the duration of the day and well into her pleasant and peaceful dreams.

Had she been more selfish this day, if her devotion to the Danger Agency wasn't a priority, she would have revealed it wasn't for Scarlet and Penfold's benefit...but to free Penfold from his responsibilities so someone else could stand a chance at giving him happiness

That someone had almost revealed her intentions to him on the wagon, with four desirable words.

I could kiss you

She smiled.

One day she would.

For now, he was a friend.

He had to be.

Things were still imperfect.

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; February 22nd, 2019 at 02:41 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 06:20 AM #64
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

POSSESSIONS

(Contains spoilers for "Melted")

Sqauwkencluck wiped away the tears as she watched Danger Mouse pour his heart out and allowed the music to move and motivate him. She was beaming with pride.

She had been eavesdropping on the world's greatest secret agent for the majority of the mission and had heard of his struggles to be accepted by his peers in his youth, back when his singing voice caved in and led to rejection and humiliation. Overcoming his childhood anxieties to give the performance of a lifetime was just what was needed to strike a chord within even the most cynical and coldly logical hearts and minds.

When the time came to put the Danger Babies to sleep, Squawkencluck would tell them as fitting a bedtime yarn as she could muster, one based all off DM's bravery and how the musical Melted had inspired and captivated him. She would teach the next generation of Danger Agents to value the ideas and experience of what she had witnessed.

Still feeling butterflies in her stomach, Squawkencluck made her way to DM and Penfold's living quarters stationed elsewhere in Mayfair HQ, eager to congratulate the world's greatest secret agent personally and maybe acquire a small sample of his phenomenal vocal work on audio, perhaps as an early Christmas gift for the Danger Babies.

She smiled, as for the longest time she had often remained quite critical, even oblivious, to the allure of Christmas, but the Melted experience had given her something to cherish every December, perhaps there was something to the festive traditions after all.

She found DM and Penfold hadn't arrived yet, so she used her special access card to open the door and opted to surprise them instead.

She gently dropped onto the circular seating area and spread both her arms as far as she could muster across the long width of the sofa, she put her feet up on the table and stared directly at the tall plush toy of Honker the Musical Walrus.

Penfold's words from earlier in the day came flooding back to her, he had explicitly instructed her not to touch it.

It had taken a great deal of willpower simply to leave the doll behind and return to the lab in instruct and advise during the mission, and even then the absolute pull of the musical hadn't quite left her and had stirred her so emotionally, she felt compelled her to pull the inexplicable stunt of dropping into the arms of a hologram.

When was touching a honking plush toy grounds for anger?

All she wanted to do was share her fixation with someone who had the same interest as her. It was often hard to find something in common between her and the hapless hamster that was always at DM's side. She adored that Penfold had such an innocent view on the musical that just revealing what he knew about it kept him cool in frustrating circumstances such as what he and DM had gone through at the North Pole, she admired his encyclopaedic knowledge of the story's events which were key to helping Danger Mouse put his best foot forward, and she was envious of the amount of merchandise he would bring in and hoard.

She wondered what Penfold would do if he got married and had to share his possessions, or if his wife would have him throw the whole thing out and force him to put it up for auction.

Perhaps he could lend them to a friend?

Not much point in dwelling on what might be thought Squawk.

After all, what if the wife turned out to be the friend he held nearest to him?

Someone who shared his common interests, someone who appreciated his tastes, someone who got as much of a kick out of playing with his possessions as he did?

Who knows, perhaps Penfold knew this kind of friend existed for him, and was treating her as if she was someone he could bring under his domesticated heel if she even thought of stepping out of line, and teach her to respect his boundaries? Perhaps he knew it was safe to try that with her knowing she'd easily forgive him, and do her best to respect his wishes?

Perhaps that's what love and understanding is all about?

The pull of the future was as enticing as the pull of the music which brought their interests together.

She looked forward to one day having a hand in bringing it to life.
Old December 24th, 2018, 01:16 AM #65
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

OLDER

(contains spoilers for the episode "Melted")

"I'm never watching that film again" Dawn Crumhorn vowed as the Mark IV darted across the arctic tundra en route back to London. She was tied to the back of the flying machine and was finding the wild winds difficult to tolerate, especially as they were messing up her hair.

"Well, at least Melted gained one fan to replace the one it just lost" came a voice from the intercom.

Dawn frowned.

It was him.

Her co-star in her most recent misadventure.

"I'm not talking to you, you cut my adaptation to ribbons"

"Terribly sorry about that, it took me a little while to get into the part" Danger Mouse replied.

"I should have kept your dimwit sidekick in the role of Bumpsydaisy, he'd have stuck to the script" Dawn continued

"Penfold is many things, but a willing accomplice would never fit" DM replied, having faith that his sidekick would never be completely swayed.

"And what about your pitiful pal? I'd much rather spend the rest of this trip talking with a fan of the experience than some newcomer who only used a priceless moment as a means to an end"

"He's taking a nap, I should know, I gave him a little something in his refreshment to send him to slumber land" DM revealed, adding a tenth pillow from the car's compartments to the pillow fort that he'd been forming around Penfold to keep him asleep.

"You put him to sleep?" Dawn asked.

"Which means we can talk" DM continued.

"Talk?"

"That big number we shared was a means to an end, but I meant everything I said in that performance Dawn"

Dawn felt something shoot up her spine.

At first, she believed it to be a rush of blisteringly cold air from the sharp winds that coursed through the sky and all over her body, but this felt like an internal jolt associated with the feelings of anxiety and unnerving uncertainty.

Whatever he had just admitted to, she believed him.

"How could you have possibly meant it? What was it I said?" she asked, unsure of whether to hate herself for asking as she was seemingly giving in to the kind of conversation her captor was trying to have with her, and she was unsure of how to feel.

"The whole spiel you had about the world being as cracked as the people you meet, that touched me Dawn, it reminded me of how own shortcomings when I was trying for a career as a musician and singer early on in my youth. My voice, and the people in my life at the time, were all cracked and distorted, everything was held to an impossibly high standard. The worst examples of anthropomorphic kind judged me on my ability and rejected me. All I wanted was a chance to play in their pen"

"That's exactly how we met, I wanted nothing more than to have someone play with me, to give me undivided attention and respect, even love" Dawn admitted.

"Look at the pair of us Dawn, we demand everyone lavish us with attention in order to stroke our egos. At the worst of times, we want to embrace love in its most selfish state, only thinking selflessly of others when we give in its highs or lows"

"Are you saying that, deep down, I wanted to stop the literal meltdown of the planet?"

"Deep down, you wanted to be the hero, you wanted the redemption story. That's what Melted was Dawn, a tale of love finding a way to cleanse the light of the darkness that was enveloping it. You wanted me to be your glue to mend the crack in your world, and I in turn needed you to be the light, I needed you to help me to take charge of my voice, to command a worldwide stage and make us both the heroes of the story. We brought the light of Melted into a world that sorely needed it. Love held back the ocean, it turned the tide, and we stopped the flood"

Dawn absorbed what DM had said, and rattled back with something she needed to hear. She hated herself for asking in light of the strength in the marvellous mouse's words, but she needed to hear this from his lips.

"When you were saying 'I can't, I can't' earlier, you weren't suggesting you couldn't bring yourself to sing, you were afraid to admit something about yourself to me, a side that could get you in trouble with your superiors. I didn't understand then, but I see it now. There was a hidden meaning to it, just as there was when I made my own intentions clear...when I demanded you play Bumpsydaisy. It wasn't humiliation I wanted from you, I may have said that just to be cheeky, but it wasn't what I wanted from you at all. It was the chance for you to reciprocate what I was already feeling"

Danger Mouse felt the unnerving cold shoot down his neck as the tension built, only for it to then steadily fade. He smiled.

Dawn understood.

"You're right, you're exactly right, I jumped at the part after I thought back to what Penfold had said about the character when he was telling me all about the musical. I feigned disinterest but it struck a chord with me, it got me thinking about how we first interacted, I couldn't help myself, I even knew instinctively what your favourite game was on that day, it was hide and seek. That right there demonstrates synergy I haven't had with almost anyone else"

Col. K's hologram form suddenly formed before DM as he contacted the two.

"Ah congratulations DM, that performance was absolutely riveting. During your duet, Squawkencluck got so caught up in the moment she nearly jumped into my arms, completely forgetting I'm a hologram 50% of the time, she landed straight on her chest, the poor woman. What's your E.T.A? We have a nice soft cell waiting for young Dawn that'll serve her well, at least until her father bails her out with his vast wealth, resources and connections. See you when you get here"

DM smiled, though he was quite uneasy, and turned off the hologram. He wasn't quite sure how to break it to the absent-minded Colonel that Dawn's father had been exiled to deep space long ago. A good thing in this case.

"Is what you feel worse than a prison sentence?" Dawn asked.

"To some people it might very well be, but I believe what I feel is something that travels with me, not something that hinders me. It reminds me there is good to come in my twilight years when you're all caught up and we can truly embrace what we have with confidence we won't be judged"

"Why tell me now? I could very well say something"

"Dawn, you won't tell. As you said, your intentions are clear. Right there, in your soul, and in your song, the understanding we share is tangible and real, and it'll always stay there no matter how further egotistical we become or how much you continue to try to exact revenge on those who wronged you. We're both opposites, and the same, and whatever it was we shared under the northern lights, rest assured it will stay with us from now until we step away from all of this"

"That's probably why I'll never watch the film again...it does nothing now but remind me of what we shared, and what we can never have for as long as age and our opposite experiences divide us"

"Youth is fleeting Dawn, it forever will be, if we can hold on to the hope time can heal those scars of ours, and provided our hearts aren't pulled in other directions, then we can also hope act on whatever impulses linger in the farthest future"

"Said with such conviction...but you're right, we need to give each other time, when I grow up, we'll explore this further. I won't tell, I'll treasure our moment Mouse, but don't think for a second it will go on to define where we stand as long as I'm still young. I'm still a spoiled, selfish little girl, and still every bit your worst nightmare"

"And I will be as determined to stop you for as long as you stay where you are...but know that, for that brief moment in time, when we shared the fate of the world in the palm of our hands, we were wiser, and you? You were older

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; March 16th, 2019 at 03:32 AM.
Old December 26th, 2018, 02:03 PM #66
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

NOTHING CAN PREPARE YOU

(Contains spoilers for "Melted")

Author's note: Yeah, I realised half-way through writing this that Crumhorn is currently off-world, so just think of this as an alternate universe or assume "Melted" takes place sometime before the second season finale. Thanks

The lawyers hadn't seen him in hours.

They paced up and down the waiting room situated at the base of his company headquarters, but all Augustus P. Crumhorn would do was keep them waiting.

He could ill afford an interruption.

He remained seated in his office, watching the footage on the news again and again.

His sharpened eyes fixated on the closing moments of the duet that decided the fate of the world.

On the frozen tundra of the North Pole, under the northern lights, he saw two people come together in a session of absolute bliss. For these two, there was no one else in the world, they were everything either needed.

A device in both of their hands was triggered, and the machine that had turned up the heat in every corner of the globe reset and returned the world to normal.

This planet had been denied a Crumhorn-led reshaping once more, courtesy of the world's greatest secret agent, and the family's sworn nemesis.

And Augustus' daughter had also proved far too trusting of the mouse that'd captivated her heart.

When he gave her that smug smirk that conveyed to her all too easily she was in a world of trouble, she ran, she ran as far as she could because the monster was here.

What a good girl.

She tripped and fell into the water, emerging as a prisoner in a solid block of ice.

She was a prisoner of the mouse, but perhaps so much emotionally wrenching, was she was now a prisoner of his heart.

Crumhorn swung his chair around and brought it back around to his desk. He pulled out a drawer with a large black unmarked photo album and combed through its pages.

He had specifically categorised each advancing step in his daughter's journey through life. A series of firsts.

First birthday, first footsteps, first toy, first day at school.

The photos brought a stir to his soul as the sensation of fatherly pride overtook him looking at the photos of a boundless, excited and curious girl with spark and energy graced every photo on the page.

And then his eyes glanced over to the categories that remained blank, the slots he was saving for when she was older.

First kiss, first love, first born.

And his anger grew the more he thought of them.

The innocence of those days were gone, the days of looking forward to those moments had been lost, for the world was cracked and both of them were hell bent on gluing everything and everyone they'd seen together again, all they could make time for was law, and order, and discipline, and judgements.

All of these adult matters forging a child's future, defining her mission and mindset way before it was meant to. Crumhorn would have to sit his daughter down and try to reassure her all of this needn't affect her, that it was the people that were cracked, neither her nor himself.

That was an altogether easier task.

But what the mouse had done was to prove an almost impossible challenge, for this was a matter of the heart, this was forbidden, this was an alien language to him. As a considerate parent, nothing can prepare you for a conversation like this.

And that terrified him.

The lawyers would stay outside for now. Bringing them in would only lead to them offering their strategies, their advise, their spin, and then they would be put to use, they would fight in his corner, they would spring his daughter, they would make his family whole again.

And then they would have the conversation, he would put her to bed, and she would dream.

Dream of the Mouse, dream of their moment, and dream of her nightmare, and that day, the day she experienced what true love can give and what betrayal can take away, would spark a downward spiral and a session of further conversations which Crumhorn would find a struggle.

How can you mend the world when your own is just as cracked?

How could you make a product of pure love believe that such a thing can ever still exist in this cruel world?

He didn't know how to answer, these were the harder questions, the most dangerous currents you face in the ocean of life.

And nothing can prepare you.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 02:45 AM #67
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I'll be posting some new stories in the coming day... and I'm going to polish up some of the stuff I've already posted as I've noticed some grammatical errors.

I REMEMBER MY DAD

(contains spoilers for "Melted")

Colonel K kept his eyes trained on the phone, waiting for it to ring.

Ten minutes had elapsed; it was bound to go off at some point.

The incessant ringing, the call for him to answer, the hesitation to do just that and waste his time calming the Department J detention crew only for them to ring back approximately another ten minutes later.

This time he was keen to make this the last call, he knew exactly who he'd bring into this.

The tenth minute passed. The phone rang.

He answered.

"I see...yes, yes I heard you the ninth time, the eighth time, every time before that. I don't intend for this to last another sixty minutes, I'm sending my top mouse in. Colonel out"

Colonel K put down the phone, and set up activating his holographic emitter.

He interrupted DM and Penfold in the middle of a thoroughly draining session which was requiring the two to tap into the full capacity of their mental prowess.

"Danger Mouse, this is an emergency, Department J can't keep her restrained, she's going on and on about wanting to see her father" the Colonel said, shaking his head in dismay as all the cries for help on his end came flooding to his memory.

"Not Colonel, I've almost cracked my most intense assignment yet" said DM as he informed Penfold he believed it to be Col. Mustard in the study hall with the booby trapped chandelier.

The Colonel's next few words made it crystal clear this was no game.

"DM, she needs you"

Danger Mouse sighed, stood up, stretched his arms, sprayed his odious armpits with a fresh spot of colon, and made his way down to the Juvenile detention sector of the Danger Agency, Penfold following him.

"Chief? Are you sure you're up to this? You know how she reacts around you..."

"I've had more than enough experience with the Danger Babies to know how to bring a temperamental child to order"

"But she's not just a temperamental child to you is she Chief? She's something else"

"Whatever are you rattling on about?" DM asked as he placed his Agency security pass into the lock mechanism at the entrance to the Sector J vault.

"That duet didn't get noticed as just a fanciful bit of Christmas entertainment by the masses, some people read a little too clearly into it, Squawkencluck in particular. She hasn't stopped yapping about it to anyone within hearing distance at the canteen. Why else would the Colonel insist you come around specifically?"

Danger Mouse refused to answer, he was fixated on the problem, and what he could offer as a solution.

"Chief, it's Ok, you don't need to feel bad about it, it normally does someone a world of good to know they're needed"

He approached the prisoner, who was seated on the edge of a seat in an otherwise almost empty cell, a small black board next to her with a piece of broken chalk. Written on the black board was a photo, and above the photo, both a message and a question.

"Where are you?"

Danger Mouse used his pass on the lock. The infra-red scanners analysed him before granting him access. The Plexiglas barrier slid down and he stepped inside. Penfold looked on apprehensively as the barrier was raised again to prevent the prisoner from contemplating a quick escape.

Danger Mouse sat beside the prisoner and put an arm over her shoulder.

"Dawn?"

"...Mouse?"

"Talk to me"

Dawn pointed to the blackboard and the message.

There was a photo next to it.

DM looked at it.

It was a picture of a much younger Dawn with her hands covering her eyes, her father, the nefarious criminal Augustus P Crumhorn was behind her urging whoever had taken the photo to remain calm and not breathe a word of his presence to his child.

"You're asking where your fonder memories went, not your dad" DM said.

"I know where my Dad is, you sent him away into space" Dawn rattled.

"Yes, we did...entirely for the greater good, he would have enslaved the world otherwise"

"Everyone I meet is cracked, damaged, in need of control, we think the time is right for it" Dawn insisted.

"You can't decide for the world when it's time to restrain itself, even if you could, you can't always keep your eye on the clock to know whether or not the time is now or that the time is even up. Everyone moves forward, everyone grows older while new people come into the world who have to learn the same lessons, it's all part of the most reliable memory the world has, its own lifetime, reinterpreted for every fresh generation. Some can understand it early in life, and some are made to"

Dawn was barely listening; she continued to call out for her father in distant whispers that took Danger Mouse some time to pick up audibly.

He soon heard it enough times to tell when Dawn was teetering on the edge of the abyss.

"The Colonel said you needed me Dawn, and try as I might to keep things professional, I just can't bring myself to simply detach myself entirely either. I feel good that you need me, and a friend told me it was perfectly fine to feel that way"

Penfold gave the Chief resounding thumbs up.

"Dawn, we shared something significant under the glistening northern lights, let me know what I can share with you now, let me know if anything I said to you today mattered, because you matter so much to me already"

Dawn wiped the tears from her eyes and rested her head gently on his lap in a snug position; Danger Mouse's hands ran firmly along her puffy purple pigtails.

"I want you to remember my dad the way I do, I want you to carry what he meant to me everywhere, so that it may distract and frustrate you when he comes back and you pit your witless mind against his..."

"...Dawn I don't think you've quite got the hang of respecting the people that care about you" DM insisted.

"..Are you going to honour this request or not?" she said, quick to anger.

"Better know when to button it Chief" said Penfold.

Danger Mouse sighed and nodded.

"I'll honour it Dawn, you have my word" he said.

Dawn smiled back at him.

"You smell good" she said, acknowledging his colon.

"Just get on with it" said Danger Mouse.

Dawn made herself comfortable on DM's lap once more, DM calmly and lovingly stroked the back of her head with his right hand, and she carried on.

"I remember my dad putting others down just to build me up.

I remember my dad's look of joy when he gave me my first pup

I remember my dad thought he'd lost me and came apart at the seems

I remember my dad and I playing 'weddings', between me and the plush toy of my dreams.

I remember my dad at a picnic; he mistook the dog food for honey.

I remember my dad putting real cash up for grabs in games of monopoly.

I remember my dad raising his voice only when I was naughty

I remember my dad's look of confusion when I demanded a brick house made of money.

I remember my dad say every day we trail behind is a day we vow to march on.

And I remember my dad pointing to the stars to tell me 'that's where we come from"

Danger Mouse waited for more to come, but Dawn had finally given in the exhaustion of her emotional outbursts, and she fallen asleep in his arms.

He sat there, unable, and unwilling, to move, keeping her request in his thoughts.

He looked back at Penfold, who looked particularly choked up.

DM looked down at the bitter angel that was seemingly at peace, feeling quite content himself at much his promises were valued, and he wondered if, somewhere among the distant stars, Crumhorn was doing all he can to remember her.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:44 AM #68
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT

(Special Thanks To FF.Net member bravekid For The Idea)

EPISODE ONE

Sarangeul haetta/uriga manna/jiuji mothal/chuoegi dwaetda

"Erm narrator?"

Neon nareul weonhae, neon naege ppajeo, neon naege micheo, heeonal su eopseo, I got you under my skin

"Narrator?"

You don't know me so shut up boy

"A boy? Right, that settles it, you need quite a stern backhand"

What? Was I just smacked across the face?

"Quite so, now are you going to narrate my latest heroic escapade or not?"

I'm sorry Danger Mouse, I read the episode synopsis ahead of schedule and it put me in a mood to belt out a couple of tunes.

"What synopsis would that be?" Penfold asked.

"The narrator found out this story centres around our attempts at rescuing the world's foremost K-pop specialists from having their talents stolen by Professor Siena Katarina and her Rex Factor thought transfer

"Oh crumbs, K-Pop? That's all the rage these days, and it sends me into a rage just listening to it"

"Why would that be?"

"Scarlet subjected me to it at every opportunity trying to convert me. When she caught sight of a K-Pop band, she screamed louder for them than she managed when catching a glimpse of me on assignment"

"Ah, a little envious are we?" Danger Mouse asked.

"Largely envious Chief" snapped Penfold.

The MKIV swiftly sped through the sky heading towards a large smoothly edged rectangular building, a foreboding crimson energy field encircling it.

"Force field" DM said, reaching out to grab hold of it, he received a fierce jolt for his troubles.

"An electrified force field" Danger Mouse replied.

"Not to worry chief, Professor Squawkencluck supplied us with her new force cutter"

Danger Mouse took the neatly wrapped device out of Penfold's hand and unpackaged it.

"It's just a pair of scissors Penfold"

"Press the emblem in the middle"

Danger Mouse did so and the scissors suddenly sprang into life and zipped across the entirety of the force field surrounding the building, cutting through every strand and leaving the building vulnerable.

Danger Mouse and Penfold somersaulted from the car, curled themselves into a ball in mid-flight and hurled themselves into the fibre glass of the structure.

"Cor, good thing standards and practices made it easier for us to burst through the glass without having to cut ourselves on the shards Chief" said Penfold.

The two stood face to face with Professor Katarina, a stout looking kiwi who was operating a large cylinder shaped device which had wires and headsets attached to the spine and ears of a group of famous K-Pop bands.

"I found them on the set of the latest K-Drama. I hear they're making one for CBBC"

"It wouldn't happen to be called 'Find your Tribe' would it?" asked Penfold.

"Hey, that sounds like it could roll right off the tongue" said one of the K-Pop singers.

"This hamster has the mind for marketing" complimented another.

"No, I absolutely refuse to help cross promote your ghastly genre" said Penfold.

"I've read your profile Katarina, as well as being a pioneer in the field of genetic ability acquisition; you were quite a good hand at talent acquisition. A professional talent scout for the billionaires new blood agency. What happened to you?" Danger Mouse asked.

"I couldn't keep up with the times. All of the talent shows refused to sign any of my clients because they didn't sing like a K-Popstar, not even putting them on reality shows did them any good because the real money lay in singing and performing in K-Dramas"

"Well the only drama you'll be enjoying from here on out are real life helpings of Woolworths" said Penfold.

"I think you meant 'Wentworth' Penfold" said DM, correcting him.

"Not on your life Danger Agents, for these K-pop klutzes, today is when their music died, and I'll have all the talent in their world stored within my own body. I'll be my own best client, and the world shall not shun me again" said Katarina, throwing a switch and unleashing a trio of panel judges, who unleashed a powerful blast of crimson laser energy whenever they pushed the buzzer button on their desks.

"My panel patrol shall deal with you two" she said, and threw the switch on the transfer device to begin the process.

DM and Penfold dodged as many of the energy blasts as they could. Every mark the blasts left on the building formed a seering and blistering hot X.

"Penfold, try to disable that machine, I'll deal with these panel peasants" DM instructed.

Penfold nodded, took a running leap, and leapt over some of the branding blasts, he reached the device and attempted to make a grab for the lever and reverse the process as the musical aura and raw talent was steadily plucked from the K-pop star's souls.

Penfold pushed and pulled, but the lever was difficult to budge.

"It's no good chief, I've got the strength of a gnat" Penfold said in dismay.

"Such emotion in his voice, he could always vent about it through song" said Keith Su, one of the captive stars.

"Forget it, I've got one of those voices

It's a no from me" said one of the panellist droids as they took aim at Penfold just as the lever was within reach.

Penfold jumped as the blast scorched the floor beneath his feet, singeing one of the cables connected to the device, exposing some live wires.

As Penfold came down, his foot stepped on the wiring, and a powerful surge sent an electrical jolt through his body. The energies being transferred from the singers towards a containment orb at the heart of the machine was now flowing into Penfold, but it was taking quite a hefty toll on his body.

"Ah, the pain, it's excruciating, I haven't felt this badly stung since I told that family of wasps they'd made quite a sub-par ham" Penfold cried.

"You can do it hamster jewel" said one of the singers.

"It's no good, I'm no good" said Penfold, who's eyes were glowing a bright rainbow mishmash of dazzling colour.

"Good is good in the final hour, at the brink of death. Virtue is only virtue in extremis" said one of the singers.

These words seem to light a fire under Penfold, a spark of creativity ignited in his brain also.

Then there dawned a sensation altogether new to him, he could feel his soul come alive.

He heard a song.

"I can do this...I can do this" Penfold said, screaming.

With one last burst of strength, he tugged hard at the lever, and he finally switched it over, shutting the machine down.

DM grabbed a piece of the shattered glass and used it to deflect the laser blasts from the panel patrol back at them, destroying his attackers in the process.

Katerina's face contorted in anguish and dismay as her plans came to nothing,Danger Mouse dashed up to her and handcuffed the sly scientist.

"Well done Penfold, I can assure you I won't forget this in a hurry like I do all your birthdays" DM replied.

"Thanks Chief, but why do I suddenly feel the urge to seek out a recording booth all of a sudden?" Penfold asked.

The K-Popstars all looked at each other and beamed with joy.

"He has the calling" they said in unison

"I think you've earned yourself a fanbase there old chap" complimented Danger Mouse.

"But Cheif, I failed, they no longer have their musical talents" said Penfold.

"Never mind us" said a band member.

"Yes, our voice is now your voice, you have the power of our genre on your lips and our spirits liven your soul. Take advantage of it, sing of this moment, act it out even"

"Does anything cease to perk you up?" DM asked.

"Only when the world ceases to sing is our volume at its lowest" the group spoke once again in unison, which spooked Danger Mouse slightly.

Right, that's it, another adventure over for our intrepid Danger Agents...or is it?

Let's skip ahead a few days, Your humble narrator always likes to sneak a preview of the following week's episodes on the BBC I-Player.

Right, there's DM, he's busy fighting the Snowman...but wait, where's Penfold?

We'd best check back at the Mayfair HQ.

Wow, the streets of London seem to flooded with the sights and sounds of screaming fangirls

Ah, there's Col. K and Squawkencluck trying to make their way into headquarters, let's catch up with them.

I say...fellows?

"Not now narrator" Squawk shrieked as she climbed up a literal hill made of teeny boppers, struggling to sustain the Colonel's weight on her shoulders as he piggy-backed on her. The two finally reached the front door, they activated the lock, the doors opened and they dashed inside and swiftly closed it, though some of the fan girls spilled in.

"Oh my goodness, I'm actually inside the Pen Poldeu's pad" ne of the fan girls squealed.

"Quick, where's the bathroom?" she asked Squawk.

"Why? Do you badly need the toilet?" Squawk inquired.

"No, I want to get my mits on Pen Poldeu's toothbrush, or the towels he uses to dry himself with. Anything with his pretty hairs on it" the fan girl cried out.

Squawk grabbed her by the throat and shook her violently before climbing up a ladder and lawn darting the fangirl out of the letterbox exit port.

As she climbed down and set her sights on the other fangirls, they swiftly backed off.

Danger Mouse arrived back at HQ to vent about the situation.

Perhaps now would be the best time to ask, since I'm a week behind, what exactly happened over the last five days?

"Oh it all started when we got back home, we took Katarina's machine back with us hoping to find some means of reverse engineering it so it could somehow restore the musical talent back to the performers, but because Penfold had absorbed all of the musicians' musical abilities, he also took their advise and express his near demise and the struggle to save the day through song. The result was a new K-Pop sensation. He even gave himself a new name"

Penfold? A popstar? Well it could be worse, he could have the voice of Rowan Keating.

Danger Mouse and Squawk made their way back to the lab where Katarina's K-Pop Pirating hardware was stored.

"I've found ways of reversing the procedure, but it'll require output from the energy orb to channel through the living vessel sitting atop the live terminal" Squawk explained.

"So in other ways, Penfold has to wilfully place himself in mortal danger to replenish the popstars" DM asked.

"Not on your nelly you two" came a voice behind them

Penfold, flanked by fangirls, entered the room, signing as many autographs as he could.

Squawk and DM were transfixed by his appearance.

"Penfold...are those hair extensions?" he said, noting the messy shreds of hair on Penfold's head.

"I don't know what you mean Chief, this is my natural hair, I'm going back to basics...I don't even need my glasses"

Penfold took the shades off and showed off his sparkling eyes. Squawk felt something sensational tickle her close to her heart, but she maintained her composure.

Other fangirls were not so professional.

Mesmerised by Penfold's gaze, they all locked their arms tightly around him.

DM and Squawk retreated to his and Penfold's living quarters.

"He's all over the place Professor, surely not every girl can be taken in by this?"

"Yatta, yatta, hamster sweet jewel" the fan girls sang badly transcribed k-pop lyrics aloud, having made good on their promise to inspect the bathroom.

"Yes, well, ask a silly question"

The Colonel suddenly burst into the room in alarm.

"Emergency DM, the Baron's up to his usual tricks, he's been spotted depositing a mixture of chemicals into the city's main reservoir" he said.

"Chemicals in the water? Isn't that what's turning the frogs that funny pink colour?" DM asked.

"Get a move on, you and Preston" the Colonel ordered.

Penfold, or rather Poldeu, wasn't having any of it.

"I'm afraid my fans wouldn't be able to bear it if I went out adventuring and it messed with my style or talents, I could end up with a throat infection around all those chemicals, and worse, this leisurely looking sleek white vest and bauble jacket could get creased. I'll not stand for that"

"If you won't participate in averting a world crisis Pineapple, then you'll find a whole different kind of crisis to deal with, namely an employment crisis" the Colonel replied.

"I can change the world through my performances, I have a song in my soul and a story to tell, a tale of being courageous in the final fateful moments of life, it's this reason above all people love me. I held back the end, and in doing so I hold ever so tightly on to their hearts" Poldeu replied.

Squawk saw some of the girls were crawling all over him as he spoke those words, she was close to boiling point.

"If you can't appreciate my message, I'll take it elsewhere. Goodbye" said Poldeu and stormed out of the room.

"Well, I guess I'll have to take Danger Moth with me on this mission then" said DM.

"Are you sure? She did take a rattling from Night Night a few days ago" said the Colonel.

"She needs to recover quickly, and who better to lead her out the other side of midnight than me?" said DM.

As Pen Poldeu left the Mayfair headquarters, the girls disengaged from him, their eyes having tuned an odd scarlet colour, and filled into an alleyway.

"Hey, where are you all going?" said Poldeu as he followed them in.

To his astonishment, he found the girls had vanished and in their place was a tall, cloacked figure with a long beak and two savage looking fangs eating a stick of celery.

"Duckula" Poldeu said, recognizing the Transylvanian Vampire Duck.

"Apologises Pensqueak, I had to get you away from that forceful fandom of yours to offer you my services" he said.

"Services?" Poldeu asked, a little intimidated.

"I want to be your representative on the passing music scene, you and I could not only light up the industry, but we could keep the temperature rising. Your story is one that touches us all, even in our very private places. We all love a good yank at the heart...though me personally could do without a stake through it"

"Why should I trust you?" Poldeu replied.

"Don't trust me, trust the dollar signs in my eyes and your own" Duckula said, taking out a pen and attempting to doodle such signs on his proposed client's eyelids.

"Maybe I should consult the chief on this" said Poldeu.

"He'll just oppose you, you don't need that drama in your life...or...wait, hold that thought, maybe you do"

TO BE CONTINUED
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:46 AM #69
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT

EPISODE TWO

With Mouse and Moth having set forth on their mission, Squawk requested she take the rest of the day off, having supplied the agents with their equipment.

She could barely concentrate, not with Penfold out of the picture. Or whatever he was calling himself nowadays.

As she walked through the street, she found a teeming mass of girls all lined up to buy copies of Poldeu's seventh record selling album. It'd only been a couple of hours since his sixth one, which came out minutes after his fifth.

He was pumping these things out like he was a machine.

And people were taking notice, many thinking of him like royalty and desiring to be his pop princess.

As a matter of fact, the rival networks have already put together a reality show to determine who gets to perform with him as well as date the poor guy; they dubbed the title "Pop Princess-The Rivals"

Ok, that title isn't all that imaginative, and is admittedly just the teeniest bit out of 2003, but the little babies coming into their own think at this stage everything's original.

She entered her apartment, kicked her shoes off, and settled down to watch some television.

She flicked through the channel, and for the most part it was almost all entirely devoted to rolling news coverage of Danger Mouse and Danger Moth's struggles against the Baron and his frogs head flier at the reservoir.

Danger Moth had ejected herself from DM's car and had taken flight, aiming for the cockpit of the mechanical toad, but the machine produced a lean tall tennis racket from its chest compartment and smacked Danger Moth square in the face with it, sending her flying into the back of DM's car and almost sliding off of the vehicle to her doom, only for Danger Mouse to grab her by the arm and pull her back inside.

The car flew over the frogs head flyer, with the mouse now taking his turn, descending from the Mark IV with a rope ladder, DM climbed down to the top of the ship and tried to pry open the roof with a can opener.

A small hatch opened to the right of him and a mechanical arm carrying a spray can appeared, spraying DM in the face with it, the chemicals had an adverse effect on the world's greatest secret agent as he began giggling and started croaking like a frog.

He hopped to the left and right, in a rather flamboyant manner, and almost jumped off the top of the ship to the treacherous waters below, only for a recovering Danger Moth to fly down and grab him, returning him to the safety of the car, though DM would attempt to jump out of the car as he continued to mimic the movements of a frog.

Squawk realised to her horror this latest setback would mean she would soon be called back into work almost ASAP, she decided to try one last crack at low quality entertainment on the more niche channels to distract her from the ongoing malarkey.

Just five or three more minutes of it she thought.

Then something caught her eye.

Something familiar.

Someone close.

Someone that she could always rely on to capture her complete attention, for better or for worse.

"What are you up to Penfold?" she said.

Yes, on the television was Penfold, or rather Poldeu, acting out things in a K-Pop soap opera novella called "Poldeu and the Pendulum"

And starring alongside him was Pink Dawn, Danger Mouse and Penfold's pampered child nemesis, dressed to mimic Squawnkencluck in appearance.

Poldeu was speaking fluent Korean, but Dawn was attempting to mimic a Scottish accent.

"See here laddie, ya cannay expect me to conjure up inventions for you and yer mad mouse if ya canny work together. Teamwork's the key"

"That accent is thicker than her brain functions" Squawk revealed.

The phone rang and Squawkencluck picked it up.

The voice of Col. K screamed down the line.

"I trust you've been keeping tabs on Poldeu?" he said.

"You mean you find yourself engrossed in this maddening melodrama too? I only just turned it on" she said.

"I'm afraid it's being simulcast across every television station. A good thing to, I've been binging it during my tea breaks. Haven't missed a single episode"

"How many tea breaks would you have had to be on to catch every episode?" Squawkencluck asked.

"Indefinite ones, but that's not the point Professor, the agency needs you, get back to work"

"On my way Chief" she said, realising she couldn't hold off the call of duty any longer.

However, no matter how far she went, she could not escape the star of Poldeu as it continued to rise.

A constant stream of music videos on mobile devices, his face on every cereal box, cinemas packed to the rafters watching feature length versions of his drama's episodes, and with the teeming mass of fangirls lined up outside the television studios, the city was proving a nightmare to navigate through by foot or by car.

Squawk got so frustrated waiting for the traffic lights to turn green that she emerged from her car and started clearing a path for the backed-up and frustrated motorists with her patented handheld road sweeper, which chucked the fans onto the roof of a nearby building.

Some of the fans took issue with what Squawk was doing.

"Why'd you turn my dream into a nightmare?" they said, their faces raining down with tears, and they soon rallied their swarm into an angry mob to chase after Squawk.

A large limo pulled up beside Squawk, the door opened and Poldeu appeared before her, urging her to get in. Squawk obliged.

As the car sped off, the fans hijacked a bus and headed off in pursuit, stalled only by every bus stop it had to slow down for in order to pick up passengers.

Poldeu had always taught the masses through his chosen medium to respect the rights and privileges of people in the free world, and to be kind to others, so his fans did their best to honour him by indulging in a responsible act.

"They're not doing half bad" remarked Squawkencluck as she peered out at the bus from the back of the limo.

"They learn from the best Professor" Poldeu replied, annoying Squawk slightly with how smug he was being.

"We need the best Penfold"

"Poldeu" corrected Poldeu

"Oh cut that out, that's a facade, the real Penfold would be more accepting of who he used to be, not someone who borrows from other people to define himself" Squawk added.

Poldeu wasn't about to listen to her, and got on the phone to his agent.

"Count? Yeah, I have her, when do you want to give Dawn the bad news?"

"Bad news? What bad news?" Squawk said.

"Oh haven't you heard? Dawn was just your understudy, we deliberately wrote around any hanky panky with her because she's underage, but with you here, there's no need for her"

"You have got to be kidding me, I'm not indulging in any sort of romantic entanglement with you in the egomaniacal state you're currently in" Squawk said, crossing her arms and turning away from Poldeu in disgust.

"Professor, I'm appalled you would think that way, I didn't mean with me, I value our friendship too much to want to force you into something like that, no, no your job is to be my pal in my drama much like you always have been to me at the agency"

The Professor stared back at him.

"If you value any trace of your friendships, you'll help Danger Mouse and Danger Moth out of the jam they're currently in" she said, showing him footage on her phone of Mouse and Moth's struggles against Baron Greenback.

Danger Mouse had, by now, attempted to fasten a rope across the legs of the frog's head flyer. Danger Moth had taken to the air and had spun circles around the flyer, trying to keep its pilot, Pandamonium dazed and confused and provide the Baron seated within with a bit of motion sickness.

Danger Mouse, acting rather now like a Fearless Frog, soon began hopping all over the place and catching flies with his tongue. Moth noticed that the rope had not been completely fastened and was forced to disengage from her attempts at distraction to try and attach it, circling the lower legs and doing her best to tighten its hold.

However, Danger Mouse's insistent hops meant she had to slow herself down so she wouldn't bump into him, and thus the ropes remained loose enough for the Frog's Head Flyer to free itself and kick Mouse and Moth so ferociously, they caused a minor crack in a nearby dam.

Poledu looked particularly unimpressed by this, not that showing their effectiveness without him was meant in any way to impress of course.

"See? Both are in over their heads" Squawk said, pleading for Poldeu to drop what he was doing and help.

"And I'm afraid the point of this going over mine" Poldeu replied, and snapped his fingers,

The limo pulled up at the recording studio and he was ushered out to record yet another album.

"Don't worry Professor, I'm usually pretty quick at this, expect me back in fifteen minutes"

The Professor scrambled to contact Col. K while he was busy.

"Colonel, I've made contact with Penfold, I'm trying to persuade him to come back to work"

"I wish you luck Professor, I need a break from all of my breaks" K replied.

Squawk waited patiently for what seemed like ages. She checked her watch and found that almost an hour had gone by.

Deciding to check on what was holding Penfold up; she got out of the limo, only to be spotted by the still enraged fan girls, who quickly gave chase to her.

Squawk barely had time to observe her surroundings as she was pursued by the manic mob, but she found that the studio was eerily dark. Several spiders' cobwebs and half-eaten vegetables lay scattered across the floor. Some banana peels were left too.

The mob found itself caught in the webs and slipping on the discarded skins, which helped Squawk, put some distance between her and them.

Finally, she reached the recording booth, only to find it too was dimly lit, she switched the light on and found Poldeu and his agent Duckula tied up and hanging from the ceiling, their legs and hands bound by tight rope.

"Oh my gosh, it's Poldeu" pointed out one fan girl.

"It's like Christmas has come early, he's been literally gift-wrapped" said another.

"No, keep your hands off him" Squawk said, putting herself between Poldeu and herself.

"Professor, you're willing to put on the line for my well being?" Poldeu said.

"Of course, I'd do anything for a friend like you, just like how I know the Earnest Penfold of the Danger Agency would do anything to make sure his friends were safe"

Poldeu looked dismayed as the shame of his recent actions overwhelmed him.

"I've been a fool Count, it took the courage of one person to show me who the real chicken was around here. Tell your contacts I shall never sing for them again"

"You can't take the music out of yourself Penfold, you have an obligation to make some sweet songs and supply me with sweet green so I can afford sweet greens" said Duckula.

"Oh I'm sorry to say it's very possible for Penfold's talents to be taken from him" came a sweet and sinister voice from behind them.

"Dawn" said Squawk, recognising the pampered princess as she came into view.

"The one and only winner of Pop Princess, that competition was supposed to give me the ultimate romantic invitation, a chance to date the great Poldeu, and all it got me was a rather sanitised part in his

"I keep telling you Dawn, you're underage. Why else do you think the Chief declined to date you after you last tried re-enacting a musical with him?" Poldeu replied.

"That Mouse may be willing to wait a couple of more decades, but I've found I'm not as patient. This is my ultimatum, date me and gives me the social status of a superstar, or I'll reverse engineer the Rex Factor technology and take the music straight out of you and pour it into me directly"

To prove she was not bluffing, Dawn snapped her fingers and Mr. Snuggles, her faithful teddy bear, came onto the scene pulling the Rex Factor transference device into the booth via a giant cart.

"Poldeu, listen to reason as well as good music, you can't inflict another egotistical child star on the world. We all know what happened to Beiber" Duckula pleaded.

"Did I happen to mention this recording studio is owned by Northern Soul? How's this for under the Northern lights?" joked Dawn as she climbed a ladder and began attaching wiring to the base of Penfold's spine and neck.

"My gosh, she really is hung up over Danger Mouse rejecting her after their musical number" said Squawk.

Realising she had to act fast, Squawk huddled the fan girls together and put together a strategy.

A strategy so compelling and cunning, elaborate, complex, the likes of which nobody could see coming

"Heave ho" she ordered, and the fan girls all hoisted Dawn off of the ladder, sending her crashing onto Mr. Snuggles.

The fan girls swarmed all over Dawn, cracking their knuckles, but the group all stood on top of the wiring, and the machine had already been activated, the music flowed out of Penfold and into the fan girls.

"Hey, narrator, the little trick of moving the ladder wasn't very elaborate" said Penfold.

Well, excuse me, I've been paid extra to give some buzz to these lazily thought out resolutions.

"We'll get you down Poldeu" said the fan girls in unison, forming a human pyramid so as one of them could climb up and cut open his bonds with a pocket knife.

"Please ladies, Poldeu is no more, just call me Penfold" he said.

"Without you, all is darkness" said the fan girls in dismay.

"Don't cry fans, everything may be like midnight now, but as a good friend tried to show someone lately, it's possible to make it out the other side" Penfold assured them.

"Do you have anything of the old Poldeu still in there?" The Professor asked.

"A little bit of a tune left, why?" said Penfold.

The Professor grabbed him by the hand, dashed with him out of the recording studio, threw him into the limo, and clambered into the driver's seat. They sped back to their Mayfair headquarters at top speed.

Evening had fallen, and Mouse and Moth were still up to their necks in hot water.

Literal hot water that is, as the Frog's Head Flyer had heated up the reservoir and had been dunking the pair head first into it.

Fortunately, Penfold and Squawk had arrived in the Professor's latest flying contraption, the Type 2 Chicken Little Nelly, which used a special harmonic disrupt or attached to the front of the device, with Penfold hooked up to it.

"Alright Penfold, give it all you can" instructed Squawk.

Penfold sang to the best of his ability, causing the fan girls accompanying him as backing singers to almost swoon and break their concentration.

The frequency, however, was enough to shatter the frog's head flyer, causing the Baron much distress.

The flyer dropped Danger Mouse and Danger Moth, Squawk got the Chicken Little Nelly into a position to catch them as they descended.

"That'll give the Baron an ear worm he won't soon forget" said Penfold, before collapsing from near exhaustion.

"It's alright Penfold, you can rest easy. The hard night's work is done" said Squawk, cradling him as Penfold rested gently on her shoulders.

Later, once Penfold had recovered, everyone gathered at DM's quarters for a little victory party.

"Mouse, I know you meant well, the next time you want to show me the other side of midnight, just call it a day" Danger Moth said, giving him a small kiss on the cheek and taking her leave,.

"Say, 'other side of midnight' that's a pretty good name for a K-Pop group Chief" said Penfold.

"Yes, the fan girls absorbed the brunt of what was storied within Penfold, and no other kind of harm came to them, so Penfold can resume his place at work and the girls can carry on where he left off" Squawk added.

"It also fits in perfectly with what I was telling the girls earlier" Penfold said.

"So I guess it's now all up to them...mmm...K?" joked Danger Mouse, hoping everyone would join him in a rapturous burst of laughter fit to end the adventure on.

But they never did.

And as for Duckula and Dawn, both were still in the derelict looking recording studio. Dawn had by now been tied and hoisted up to join the captive Duckula.

"Maybe I should just wait until I can catch up to the Mouse after all" she said to herself.

"You're still a bit too young to face the music" said Duckula.

"Like I'm going to listen to someone as out of tune as you" said Dawn.

And so we leave our bickering beauty and the beast with a beak, and bid everyone adieu until the next time the world faces a threat so heinous we're left with no choice but to call on Danger Mouse, and the world's greatest secret k-gent...Earnest Penfold, aka Poldeu.

K-gent...get It.?

Because...the whole story was about K-Pop...and...and...

Oh never mind.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 09:35 AM #70
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I don't even know what Danger Mouse is, but for you Cameron, I'm gonna check this out. Looks very well written as per your usual.
BrownRangerKev is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:40 AM #71
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Thanks Kev, it's nice to know hard work can convince people to try out new things.

The show's first season is available on Netflix if you're curious.