RangerBoard
 
Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #541
⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 29,569
Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

The
jailbreak went surprising well considering how evil everyone still is, I loved the bad luck pwning everyone, but DeVoe becoming a lesbian was definitely not a move I saw coming. And drugging his own wife? Yikes. Though, someone so cute being so evil is the most glorious thing I've seen in a long time. That, and Amunet getting the heck out of dodge.
It just dawned on me as Devoe drugged his wife that this is how they beat him. Its not outthinking or figuring out the plan, hubris and the wife turning on him is the only pratfall he didn't see coming.


And I definitely didn't see the
incarceration ending the way it did. Now Ralph has to be Devoe every single time the police investigate this massive development? How is he going to be in DeVoe's home if they ever come to visit him there? It pretty much creates just as much of a problem as it solves...
Well, that's a problem for Devoe and his wife to figure out. Because now she has to take the brunt of the questioning and suspicion especially after her "affair" was revealed in court. Dibney not showing up just causes more problems for the villains, particularly Mrs. Devoe, and keeps the cops off Barry's back for the time being. It's a great win against this plot for Barry really. But ultimately, there'd be a brief questioning after the appeal and they'd not really need to go back to Devoe unless they found something more. It's the perfect crime.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 07:53 AM   #542
toejammer
Power Ranger
 
toejammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,698
Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

incarceration ending the way it did. Now Ralph has to be Devoe every single time the police investigate this massive development? How is he going to be in DeVoe's home if they ever come to visit him there? It pretty much creates just as much of a problem as it solves...
Very true statement actually, now that i think about it. But i feel like the police will just fully end the investigation and what not just cause.




If barry being sent down for murder made the tv headlines, you’d think that him being let off and Devoe being found not dead would make the headlines too in some type of way.
Which would then lead to a chain reaction such as the university calling him to ask if he is returning, news interviews or even thr coroner confirming his death

Infact i found it wierd how quick the judge was to clear barrys name without checking medical reports and what not.
Didnt DeVoe have a funeral scene aswell or am i imagining it? Cause if he did them Surely they’d be asking who was in the coffin and dig it up

Ahh well, thats plotforce for you i guess.

Last edited by toejammer; February 8th, 2018 at 08:11 AM.
toejammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:45 AM   #543
Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11,675
toejammer wrote: View Post



If barry being sent down for murder made the tv headlines, you’d think that him being let off and Devoe being found not dead would make the headlines too in some type of way.
Which would then lead to a chain reaction such as the university calling him to ask if he is returning, news interviews or even thr coroner confirming his death

Infact i found it wierd how quick the judge was to clear barrys name without checking medical reports and what not.
Didnt DeVoe have a funeral scene aswell or am i imagining it? Cause if he did them Surely they’d be asking who was in the coffin and dig it up

Ahh well, thats plotforce for you i guess.
Well you gotta remember this isn’t done yet. Devoe just showed up out of the blue which obviously was shocking. But since the murder victim seems to be alive there’s no reason to hold Barry. But there will likely be some kind of investigation and if it came out it was all false, Barry would’ve right back in hot water. So we’ll see how it plays out. But you can’t really hold someone for murder when the “victim” is right there alive claiming someone staged the whole thing.

But of a sudden, random theory. By the end Marlize will snap out of it and realize things have gone so south with Devoe. After helping TF to stop him she might take the blame for his murder, maybe even all of it somehow. Make up for her mistakes. Or not, but a thought.
Alitain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:46 AM   #544
Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"
 
Deka_Break's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 93
I personally don't think there will be any repercussions to this. Arrowverse is notorious for cut and done stories. I doubt we'll see any further investigation.

Personal hope is that Marlize will turn good and help take down her dirtbag husband/now wife? Is there a correct pronoun to use? Barry referred to DeVoe as "he" after being freed.

Also RIP Becky. She could have had a cool arc in becoming a hero as well.
Would have loved to explore this!!!
Deka_Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 02:52 PM   #545
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality
 
Ankh Primo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 67,971
Deka_Break wrote: View Post

I personally don't think there will be any repercussions to this. Arrowverse is notorious for cut and done stories.
Which makes one wonder how they get paid for doing half a job...
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 09:36 PM   #546
TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider
 
TyrannoRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,489
Weren't we supposed to get Captain Cold in an episode this January?
TyrannoRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:36 PM   #547
bearytrek
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,691
good thing Barry got sprung from the slammer this week, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to
help Oliver find Cayden James
last night...

of course it coulda been Kid Flash...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 01:25 AM   #548
chronoxiong
Digital Artist
 
chronoxiong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,161
So can The Thinker in the comics steal people's bodies too? I'm not sure I like the idea of it taking over people's bodies. And same with Elongated Man's new transforming ability?
chronoxiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2018, 01:49 AM   #549
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,030
so is there two thinkers now or did once he go into lucky girl the other body just became useless? they didn't show what happened to his other body...
Lightsaberboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM   #550
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
 
MoonsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,097
First of all, y'all are WAY overthinking this if you think there's gonna be an "extra investigation" into DeVoe reappearing. It's a fictional comic book show, you're applying way too much real world logic to it.

Now the main point of resurrecting this thread:

Violette Beane just posted a photo to her Instagram of her in the Jesse Quick outfit. She confirmed that Jesse will be returning on March 6th.

The recently released synopsis for episode 15 "Enter Flashtime" confirms that she's returning along with Jay.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #551
Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"
 
Deka_Break's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 93
MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

First of all, y'all are WAY overthinking this if you think there's gonna be an "extra investigation" into DeVoe reappearing. It's a fictional comic book show, you're applying way too much real world logic to it.

Now the main point of resurrecting this thread:

Violette Beane just posted a photo to her Instagram of her in the Jesse Quick outfit. She confirmed that Jesse will be returning on March 6th.

The recently released synopsis for episode 15 "Enter Flashtime" confirms that she's returning along with Jay.
This is the Flash we NEED. Can she get a spin-off already?
Deka_Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM   #552
Virus
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,497
chronoxiong wrote: View Post

So can The Thinker in the comics steal people's bodies too? I'm not sure I like the idea of it taking over people's bodies. And same with Elongated Man's new transforming ability?
No. The Ultra-Humanite could though and he is similar to the Thinker.
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #553
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality
 
Ankh Primo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 67,971
MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

Violette Beane just posted a photo to her Instagram of her in the Jesse Quick outfit. She confirmed that Jesse will be returning on March 6th.

The recently released synopsis for episode 15 "Enter Flashtime" confirms that she's returning along with Jay.
Both of them?

Hell yes!
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #554
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
 
MoonsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,097
Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Both of them?

Hell yes!
Yes.

For the record, here's the synopsis, straight from The CW:

"JESSE QUICK AND JAY GARRICK TEAM UP WITH THE FLASH — When a nuclear bomb detonates in downtown Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin), Jesse Quick (guest star Violett Beane) and Jay Garrick (guest star John Wesley Shipp) slow down time by entering Flashtime. As everyone in the city is frozen, the three speedsters push themselves to the breaking point to save the city and everyone in it. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Sterling Gates."

Sounds like they'll be introducing a huge new power/concept for the speedsters. I wonder if this is Barry's power that was revealed his trial? Shame that Wally has to miss out.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #555
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality
 
Ankh Primo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 67,971
Wait, Gregory Smith?

As in Rookie Blue and Everwood Gregory Smith?
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #556
Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11,675
Ooh, Gregory Smith? I know he's been more behind the camera, but sweet! Ah man, I miss Everwood.
Alitain is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.