Home Menu

Menu

Old December 15th, 2017, 08:31 PM #41
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Chapter Six

Lord Zedd watched as the skies above his makeshift command post filled with the might of his navy. Zordon is as foolish as he is predictable. A grin split his face as he stood up from the stone seat that was his throne. Marching out of the command center, he signaled for his master warrior, Rubitron, to join him.

“My master, Serpentara is nearly fully charged.”

“And the Zeo crystal?”

“We are focusing several frequency generators surrounding the crystal to mask its energy signature. Even if the Power Rangers do get through our defenses, they’ll never find it.”

“Excellent work, my friend. Put my prisoner in my chambers. Bind her there and post your best soldier to watch over her until my arrival.”

“As you command, my master.” With a bow, Rubitron split from the Dark Lord and followed the corridor to the hangar holding the ancient serpentine vessel.

The full Power Rangers team, minus the Green Ranger, was assembled on the command bridge of the Sovereignty. Danok, the Blue Ranger, and Alpha 5 sat at the weapons control panels while Umon , the Black Ranger, and Mi, the Pink Ranger, worked at the system panels, attempting to recharge the shield generators while keeping the scanners nominal. The Yellow Ranger, Fenix, stood alongside Zordon at the center console panel, where the planet’s surface and the camp of the Nemesian Empire were displayed across a monitor screen.

“Ion cannons are overheating. Laser batteries are at 25% capacity and falling,” Alpha instructed. Danok pulled up a holo of the weapons cache. The Eltarian vessel was not a warship- but she had been outfitted with several classes of weapons for defense. With the primary and secondary systems overworked, he selected the proton bombs as a last resort.

“Alpha, keep running the lasers and get us into position to drop some hell fire on these bastards.” Danok ordered. The ship bore down on the forward wave of quadrafighters as it began to descend through Regada’s atmosphere. Streaks of azure fire disintegrated the cluster of ships at the Sovereignty’s bow as her hull began to heat up against the atmospheric resistance.

Zordon, failing to find Rita’s emergency alarm anywhere across the ship’s scanner channels, suddenly had an epiphany. “Alpha, ping the Green Ranger’s morpher. Assign as many channels as you can to pick up on its signature.”

The automaton acknowledged the command. A 5th generation Alpha unit, the robot was capable of multitasking complex algorithms and processing commands with little to no lag in his processor core.

“That may work,” Umon acknowledged. He left Mi, who had managed to bypass the ship’s energy gates to push the shields to hold a bit longer, and watched as a faint contact from the morpher crackled across the receiver.

Zordon turned to the Black Ranger. “Can you get a lock on it?”

“I’ll try,” he returned, keying in commands. The slight warble of the device’s response played once again over the screen’s display. “Alpha, pinpoint the location.” Instantly, the geosynchronous scanning systems displayed the Green Ranger’s location by means of a bright red blip moving across the map of the camp.

“They’re moving her,” Umon stated. Zordon glanced up at the forward display to see the snow-capped mountain range bordering the Nemesian camp coming into view.

“Danok, find someplace to set down. We have to hurry,” Zordon instructed.

Umon watched as the screen on the center panel began distorting. He focused in auxiliary channels and read the bizarre energy signature on the monitor. “Zordon, I’m picking up some really strange energy signatures here- its overpowering the sensors and disrupting our frequency lock on Rita’s position.”

“Could it be Serpentara?” Mi asked.

Danok responded. “If they’re powering up Serpentara, we’re gonna be in for a fight. I’ve seen what that dragon can do. Even at full power, wed’ be no match.”

“Alpha, power up the Zords. We’ll bring the fight to them.” Zordon said, his helmet materializing around his chiseled face.

Having moved Lord Zedd’s prisoner and set his best warrior as guard, Rubitron focused his attention to the evacuation of the outpost. There had been some grumbling in the camp that they were retreating, but that was far from the reality. The Rangers were well- known for being relentless in their pursuits and the fact that they were holding the Green Ranger was not wasted on Zedd’s general.

Passing through the crowded inner lock that separated the command center from the outlying camp, Rubitron entered the derelict, hollowed out spindle that had once been a Regadan space freighter’s bridge.

“General, the Eltarian vessel has landed and there are now five distinct energy signatures. Scans indicate they are assault vehicles, four terrestrial and one aircraft, bearing at marker nine-five. They will make our camp in less than a minute,” A uniformed human lieutenant informed him. Grabbing a pair of viewers, Rubitron gazed out at the northern border of the outpost and saw dust clouds concealing the shape of the Rangers’ vehicles.

In control of his crimson Titan Zord, the Red Ranger kept a tight hold on the control yokes, the bipedal machine lurching forward with each galloping step. In his coms, he overheard the determined outbursts from the other Rangers.

Soaring above the attack formation, Princess Mi leveled out her rose armored Zord, having taken the shape of an air-borne, predatory animal known as a Pantheryx. Found primarily in the jungles of Eltar, the Pantheryx was one of the mightiest creatures on the planet when the Zords’, according to their unique design, chose their primary forms.

“Mi, we’ve got a squadron of quadrafighters closing in on us- show ‘em what you’ve got!” Danok shouted, watching the display within his azure Kerab beetle Zord. The Kerab was indigenous to Eltar and were known as the keepers of the forest. Felling dead trees with their nearly three meter tall form, Kerabs would eat the dry timber, which in turn eliminated the chances of wildfires in the mountainous regions.

“I’m on it!” the Pink Ranger returned, banking hard and bringing the Zord to bear down upon the advancing fighters.

From the cockpit of the Lonticore, Fenix, the Yellow Ranger, watched as the command outpost came into sight just over a barren ridge that marked the edge of a once small sea that was now known as the Gaden Wastes. An apex predator of the open plains on Eltar’s southernmost continent, the Lonticore was a massive beast of sinews and claws.

“Zordon, there’s a massive hangar port just beyond those tents- I’m picking up the same energy signatures that disrupted our scans earlier. It might be Serpentara,” Fenix declared.

Riding alongside the Lonticore Zord was the Thoat Zord of the Black Ranger, Umon. The Thoat was a great hexapedal steed that had originated on the Eltarian moon of Garobus but had been brought to Eltar thousands of years prior. “We cannot let it take off. We must engage it- show no fear and may the Power protect us!”

As they passed through the camp’s perimeter, the Zords held their formation and headed for the open hangar port.

“Milord, there are several unidentified vehicles approaching from the north. Shall we hold the launch cycle?” One of Serpentara’s human pilots asked as Lord Zedd stepped onto the bridge.

“Allow me to identify them for you- they are the Zords, the mechanized transports of Eltarian Rangers, so named for the Red Ranger, Zordon. He is as foolish as he is proud. Charge the disruptor cannon and prepare for attack formation,” the dark lord returned.

Last edited by BattleRanger; December 15th, 2017 at 08:39 PM.
BattleRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:35 PM #42
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Sneak peek at Chapter Seven, coming in January.

*Note- changed the sneak peek as I've decided to move parts of the story around.

The Temple of Typhonis stood at the very center of the Eltarian capitol of Andros City. Flanked by massive statues of the five Guardian Beasts, it was the home of the order of Morphing Masters. Within its walls, the twelve Morphing Masters interpreted the Morphing Grid and oversaw the actions of Power Ranger teams across a dozen worlds. From the temple, Ranger squadrons were dispatched to bring peace to war-torn systems within the Confederation, as well to protect the very source of life, the Zeo Crystals.

Last edited by BattleRanger; December 26th, 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old December 27th, 2017, 12:02 AM #43
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Got this Insights Edition Red Ranger journal, which will be housing all future chapters of The Battle Begins. Today at work, I outlined the remaining chapters and it looks to be about 20 chapters long, with a few thrown in as flashbacks.

Last edited by BattleRanger; December 28th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old December 30th, 2017, 07:59 PM #44
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Chapter Seven

Another time, another place …

The Temple of Typhonis stood at the very center of the Eltarian capitol of Andros City. Flanked by massive statues of the five Guardian Beasts, it was the home of the order of Morphing Masters. Within its walls, the twelve Morphing Masters interpreted the Morphing Grid and oversaw the actions of Power Ranger teams across a dozen worlds. From the temple, Ranger squadrons were dispatched to bring peace to war-torn systems within the Confederation, as well to protect the very source of life, the Zeo Crystals.

Dressed in solid white robes bound by gold breastplates, the Morphing Masters sat in cylindrical chairs spread across the outer wall of the chamber, each designated by the tribal symbol of each of the Ranger teams under their command.

Master Amit, the council member representing the Eltarian Rangers, stood and addressed his fellow councilmembers.

“My esteemed colleagues, as you know, the Dathos Crusades claimed the life of the Eltarian Green Ranger, Buraee. While his loss is felt amongst all those who are protected by the Great Power, we cannot afford to leave Zordon’s team broken. It is to that end that I nominate a new Green Ranger.”

The council whispered amongst themselves while Amit stood patiently. Finally, the Tryforian Master, Strand, spoke.

“The council agrees to hear your nomination, Amit.” Stepping from the shadows, Rita Repulsa glanced around at the council and swallowed past the hard lump in her throat.

“Thank you. For the rank of Green Ranger, I nominate the champion of the City Games, Rita Repulsa. For her bravery in the face of such competition, her humility, which knows no end, and her intelligence in the face of overwhelming odds, I ask that the Morphing Grid show her true heart to you all so that she may bear the mantle of the Green Ranger,” Amit said, as the recessed matrix at the room’s center suddenly came to life. Hovering above the matrix, a flickering orb of light spun as the Masters sought the answers in its images. Then, without warning, the luminescent globe vanished. A low hum came from the matrix as a deafening explosion rocked the temple.

The windows shattered upon the impact of the blast, sending razor-sharp daggers of glass across the room. As if by instinct, Rita grabbed Amit and shoved him to safety behind a fallen table. A terrible screeching sound filled the air as darkness descended upon the temple. Amit recognized the call of the dragon, Serpentara. A trilling alarm sounded within the temple as a squad of temple guards, dressed in red Ranger-esque crystalline armor topped by gold breastplates, filled in. As the temple guards helped the Masters to safety, Rita caught a glimpse of the green and gold Dragon Dagger at Amit’s feet.

Without warning, Nemesian troops stormed the chamber, blasting the temple guards with black blaster rifles. Slowing her breathing, Rita flipped over the table and grabbed the Dragon Dagger in one swift, fluid motion. Armed, she dove into the midst of the Nemesian troops, slicing with the energy blade of the dagger and utilizing her combat skills to fell the troops. Each determined strike came with purpose- no motion was wasted. One by one, the Nemesian diamondbacks were obliterated by the potential heir to the Green Ranger powers. As the last troop landed on the hard floor, his helmet cracked to reveal his mortal wound, the chamber went silent. Focused in a crouch, Rita opened her eyes and took in the scene.

The burnt smell of ozone penetrated her nostrils as her ears rang from the concussive force of the blast. Outside, the battle waged on- but, for the moment, the chamber was silent, and the council of Masters was safe. As she helped Amit to his feet, Rita spun the dagger by the hilt and relinquished it to the Eltarian Master.

Shaking his head, Amit gently shoved the weapon away. “Keep it. My apprentice sensed it, even when I could not- the Morphing Grid has obviously chosen you. Your power protected not just yourself, but the entire council as well.” Around the room, the confused and stunned council of Masters echoed the Eltarian’s sentiments.

“It is decided. Amit, brief your Ranger on the Dathos Crusade and immediately dispatch her to her team. They will need her strength.” Strand, the senior Master, added, as he turned to one of the guards. “Lieutenant, get your squad outside and get the wounded to safety. Call the five-four-one and raise the Tryforian Rangers.”

Last edited by BattleRanger; January 6th, 2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:07 PM #45
> BlueSenshi
Team Patoranger or bust

BlueSenshi
Team Patoranger or bust

I was just looking for some interesting stories and stumbled onto yours. I think you're a talented writer because these stories have seriously got me hooked. Cant wait for chapter 8.
BlueSenshi is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:59 PM #46
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BlueSenshi wrote: View Post

I was just looking for some interesting stories and stumbled onto yours. I think you're a talented writer because these stories have seriously got me hooked. Cant wait for chapter 8.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm very glad you're enjoying the ride. If you are looking for more, I've written a few other fics as well you may enjoy.

The Power Rangers Saga: The Rising Storm

The Power Rangers Saga: Fire and Ice

Last edited by BattleRanger; January 3rd, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old January 6th, 2018, 07:56 PM #47
> Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

I'm going to need someone to come and pick me up off the floor for all these amazing Easter eggs. I fell out of my seat when I came across "call the 5-4-1."

You are the freaking man. haha!

I love the background influences you've incorporated. It feels like the Rangers are a Green Lantern Corps type organization now, with the Masters as the Guardians. It translates so well! Beautiful, concise, and effective descriptions of the Zords. I love the concept that they can reassign their forms to where their teams are from. Sounds like a MUCH better version of Legendary Zords from Super Mega Force.

You, my good sir, are a creative genius.
Deka_Break is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:29 PM #48
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Deka_Break wrote: View Post

I'm going to need someone to come and pick me up off the floor for all these amazing Easter eggs. I fell out of my seat when I came across "call the 5-4-1."

You are the freaking man. haha!

I love the background influences you've incorporated. It feels like the Rangers are a Green Lantern Corps type organization now, with the Masters as the Guardians. It translates so well! Beautiful, concise, and effective descriptions of the Zords. I love the concept that they can reassign their forms to where their teams are from. Sounds like a MUCH better version of Legendary Zords from Super Mega Force.

You, my good sir, are a creative genius.
You know how I like Easter Eggs, lol. Thank you sir. You're gonna freak over the things I have planned for this.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:01 AM #49
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

I have a few questions for those of you who are reading this fic- what do you expect from a prequel / sequel to the movie? After watching the movie numerous times, I have alot of ideas for a sequel and I wanna see what you guys think.

Personally, I feel like the Apex group introduced in the Aftershock graphic novel were probably overseeing the Cascade mine where Billy's dad worked at. I also imagine his dad discovered quit a bit of Eltarian tech, maybe even weapons and / or upgrades. Even Billy said that his dad had found a lot of old stuff while digging there. It would probably make sense too that whatever accident his dad died in, it was probably caused by Apex.

I also can almost sense a thirst for power in Zack. With a dying mother at home, who's to say he won't possibly make a grab for the Green Ranger powers (which has some basis in the Boom comics continuity) in order to have the ability to heal his mom?
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:44 PM #50
> Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

100% agree with your thoughts about Billy, Zach, Apex, etc... It also feels a lot like Grace Sterling/Promethea from BOOM. The number one thing I want out of this new franchise is not being afraid to explore new stories but pepper in Easter eggs. I think acknowledging that this fandom can finally grow up and be grittier is one of the smartest things Saban has done. I’m not afraid to have the story be finite as well, I don’t need an infinite amount of material.
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:53 PM #51
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Agreed with you. I am excited that Boom are doing this Promethea arc and giving us littel things like an early version of Terra Venture with their base. I absolutely love the Boom series. I just hope to God they will visit some of the early Ranger history, like the movie did with its opening scene.
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:16 PM #52
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

I personally would like to see the Trini/Kimberly friendship expanded upon in a potential sequel. It would be nice to see two contrasting personalities develop and how their friendship could have flaws as opposed to the version in the TV show without drifting into the Kimberly/Trini shipping.
GrumpyBookworm is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 09:54 PM #53
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Eh, TBH, that friendship in particular probably won't get much focus if I end up writing it in a fanfic. I never found the Kimberly / Trini friendship to be that fascinating.
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:29 PM #54
> Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

Same. I think these characters have a lot ahead of them. Movie-verse or otherwise. I’d like to see where Trini would end up with all of her skills. She was a gifted fighter, international diplomat in training. A version of her I wrote had an interesting future set in the world of espionage and politics. But back to this piece, haha. Another thing I’d like to see is if Rita ever accesses this power to become the beast she is channeling. Is that what drives her over the edge???
Old January 14th, 2018, 08:14 AM #55
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Deka_Break wrote: View Post

Same. I think these characters have a lot ahead of them. Movie-verse or otherwise. I’d like to see where Trini would end up with all of her skills. She was a gifted fighter, international diplomat in training. A version of her I wrote had an interesting future set in the world of espionage and politics. But back to this piece, haha. Another thing I’d like to see is if Rita ever accesses this power to become the beast she is channeling. Is that what drives her over the edge???
Agreed. I haven't given a whole lot of thought to this, really, not since my PR Saga fanfic went on hiatus. I personally wouldn't follow characters outside of the team, unless they had some kind of direct influence on the story's events.
Old February 7th, 2018, 03:34 PM #56
> BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

BattleRanger
Call the 5-4-1

Just a little bit of an update guys- the story continues, I just have been sick with the flu and getting bounced around at work so I haven't really had much time to finish Chapter Eight just yet. Just please be patient- I sweat this isn't abandoned.
Old February 8th, 2018, 08:39 AM #57
> Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

Deka_Break
"Red Ranger Power!"

You have to get better soon so you can keep this up! Haha!

Tags
movie prequel, power rangers, power rangers movie, the battle begins