RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Advertisements
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 10th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #1
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Power Rangers Ride The Rails

(Technically, it's a website, since I'm not posting the individual stores here...)

All aboard! The Terra-Quasar Group is looking for new recruits, and we want YOU! Check out the newest fanfiction adventure, with new episodes coming out every Friday!

http://www.ksxtm.xyz/prrtr/

I'd originally planned on launching the website last Friday, but a surprise extra day of working (OT, woo!) put things off. It's still not 100% finished (the 'landmarks' and 'Zords' pages aren't up yet, and the villain bios aren't ready), but those will be coming by the end of the week.
MegaBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Hey, an actual website! Been a while since I've seen one of those.

I like the design and the banner.
Ankh Primo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #3
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Long overdue, but thank you for the comments on the design and the banner! It's greatly appreciated!

Not to spoil too much, but two travelers from a certain city we've recently encountered on the actual series get sucked into the adventure in Episode 2, "All Aboard!, part 1." Also, everything except the Zords/Megazords page is filled and is functional.

Check it out!
Old September 16th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #4
SuperselfieRed
World's biggest sadboi

From what I've read your series is interesting. (And the interactive website wins a decent amount of brownie points in your favor as well!) One gripe is that the dialogue is stilted in certain sections but I think that might be a misunderstanding in the way that a reader's internal voice translate text. Some lines, especially jokes, are written in a very phonic way that doesn't translate to written text as well (Hopefully that makes sense).

I also think that the introduction and inclusion of Kmart as a sort of mega corporation is really enduring and emulates the satire of Starship Trooper brilliantly. This is only strengthened by it essentially being a squeal to Lost Galaxy, a series that took many aesthetic and thematic cues from that franchise.
SuperselfieRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #5
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

It does make sense, and I'll keep that in mind with where I'm at in the series now. Thanks for the feedback!
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:27 AM   #6
MarioSonicU
Power Ranger

I wonder if Saban might regret giving up the chance to bring this sentai to stateside for niche people.
MarioSonicU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #7
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

MarioSonicU wrote: View Post

I wonder if Saban might regret giving up the chance to bring this sentai to stateside for niche people.
Niche don't pay the bills, so he most likely doesn't.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM   #8
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

I don't think they'll regret it, although TQG would have been the perfect toyline series: Figures that require very little paint, numerous Ranger repaints alone, the Zords (at least, the core 5) are basically one color with few paint details... Those facts make TQG and Bandai America a match made in heaven.

As for the story itself, I'm still working on being awake from yesterday (LONG night of not-fun goings-on), but I stayed up long enough to get the basics of this week's update done in time for the Friday premiere. This week, our two Earth-descent heroes wake up in some unfamiliar surroundings, where they soon realize that they're not in New Zealand. Later, Pickpocket returns, and a full five-member team is sent to destroy her once and for all.

Find out what happens in "All Aboard!, part 2," up now!

P.S. - The Zords page IS coming. I haven't forgotten about it!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM   #9
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

numerous Ranger repaints alone
They probably think dodging five times the Pink Ranger toys to sell is a blessing.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:41 PM   #10
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

They would have just made #5 a Purple Ranger, like they tried to do with Dricera a couple of years ago.
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #11
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Better almost-too-late than never, episode 4 is up for your reading pleasure. One word: Teamwork.

Also, all of the content pages were added over the past week. Short of occasional additions of characters and such, everything is finally available!
Old October 5th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #12
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Last time: Xityrant picked up on the dissention in the ranks between Phoenix, Chase, and Riley, sending down a monster to capture them, in hopes that dividing the team in half would guarantee a victory!

This week: With the guys of TQG captured, it's up to the ladies to step up and face Xityrant's second monster, a being named Bubbles! Don't let the name fool you, because she's one bad mama jamma! Is Girl Power enough to protect the city? It's "Girls Meet Bubbles," a play on every Girl Meets World title ever, this week!
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:26 PM   #13
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

This week: All aboard the Love Train! We get introduced to Otome Momoiro and his nemesis, Glarecide. After Glarecide proves to be too powerful for Otome to defeat on his own, he flees to Venture Capital, where he meets our heroes, mowing over them with no problem. Can the Rangers find a way to stop him before he destroys their planet, too?

In two weeks: It's Halloween, which means spooky hijinks are about to happen throughout Venture Capital. No, it isn't another cameo appearance by Pumpkin Rapper.

As an aside, there will be a bonus episode uploaded either next week or alongside the Halloween upload. I miscalculated the number of weeks between when I started and now, so you'll benefit from an additional upload!
Old October 20th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #14
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

This week: It's a two-for-one double-feature! The evil Nashira shows up and joins forces with Xityrant, sending down a pair of monsters to wreak havoc on the Rangers! Will they defeat them and keep the peace, or will they Make Venture Capital Great Again?

Next week: The time of the gerbil... draws nigh...
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #15
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Y'know, it's been awhile since I posted an update...

Seriously, though, I don't know where my head was for all of November. I think I held off on posting more of the story because I wanted to get more of it written before the weekly updates caught up to me. That being said, I think I'm comfortably enough ahead now to get the updates rolling again. The Halloween episode did get posted right before the holiday, but - for one Nickelodeon-like reason or another - I decided to skip the entire month of November. Now that Ninja Steel is in the can and there's a lull in the actual series action, why not check out my fun little escapade?

This week's adventure is a character piece, in which we get to meet Kaori's entire family because it's her grandfather's 80th birthday and she wants the gang to come along and join the fun. Not only that, but Chase gets snared by an up-and-coming author to be the cover model for her new book series!

It's a long one, but it'll have been worth the wait! www.ksxtm.xyz/prrtr/
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #16
MegaBlue
That @iNicoNation Guy

Episode 11, "POP Go The Rangers!," is now up for your reading pleasure.

12/15 Edit: Episode 12, "Only In My Dreams," is available as well!

Last edited by MegaBlue; December 14th, 2017 at 10:57 PM.