82 41.41%
Votes: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 27th, 2019, 09:14 AM #41
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

LilyAnnaScott wrote: View Post

Since I seem to be in the minority who doesn't like that Nate's the Gold Ranger, I'd like to know why people like him?? just curious
He's been a good character who has an interesting backstory. That's a lot more than I can say for a lot of rangers from the past 8 years. Also, it makes sense when you think of all he's done.

He created all the ranger tech, he saved the three main ranger's lives and gave them ranger powers, and in this episode alone, he stopped Evox from returning, got back some stolen GB tech, and added two new rangers to the team.

He's earned it.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:19 AM #42
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

Since I seem to be in the minority who doesn't like that Nate's the Gold Ranger, I'd like to know why people like him?? just curious
1. He had the whole first arc to grow as a character and be introduced to audiences instead of the last minute.

2. His actor is good at acting, other than the previous sixth rangers.

3. The suit is an actual gold color instead of beige.

4. Nate is very popular to the fans.

I can only assume that you liked the previous gold rangers for either appearance, acting (unlikely), or character background. If you can't handle the fact that a technical advisor/assistant mentor can't be a ranger/ranger-like hero, then say the same thing to Cam, Kat Mynx, Claire, RJ, and Kendall.

Also, nerdy/geeky characters can be heroes too.
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:08 AM #43
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I like how people say nate isnt a good choice because he doesnt look like an abercrombie and fitch model.

Because that worked out well for making troy a great ranger
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:10 AM #44
> Shagohad12
Power Ranger

Shagohad12
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

I like how people say nate isnt a good choice because he doesnt look like an abercrombie and fitch model.

Because that worked out well for making troy a great ranger
I dunno if you can really blame the Megaforce cast when the show runner beat down any attempt at creativity.
Shagohad12 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:11 AM #45
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

You can't keep saying he doesn't work and not explain why and then ask everyone else to explain why he does. This is a two-way street.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:34 AM #46
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Shagohad12 wrote: View Post

I dunno if you can really blame the Megaforce cast when the show runner beat down any attempt at creativity.
His actor wasnt that good either, however nate is.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:41 AM #47
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Shagohad12 wrote: View Post

Exactly just watch any interview with Andrew. He's so lively and upbeat and doesn't sound like a block of wood. It saddens me to see how Troy could've been were Andrew given more freedom.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:23 AM #48
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Abraham Rodriguez thanks you for your love and support: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxKBJrl...=1g5wryy76xwbu
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:11 PM #49
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

We've seen literally 1 episode with him as a Ranger. Give a chance before going all Blake Foster on him.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:56 PM #50
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

His actor wasn't that good either, however Nate is.
It's not Andrew's fault that Troy was a bland, dull, robotic and underdeveloped character or that Super Megaforce sucked ass.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 01:16 PM #51
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

It was an okay episode. Can't wait to see Evox in his Messiah form from Go-Busters. That should be the season 1 finale.
Brown Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 01:43 PM #52
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Is it me or is the pieces on Gold's legs a lot bigger than they were in Go-Busters. for some reason they are sticking out more to me than Beetbusters did.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 03:07 PM #53
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

HOW1215 wrote: View Post

Also, nerdy/geeky characters can be heroes too.
Damn right. There is nothing wrong with that.

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Abraham Rodriguez thanks you for your love and support: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxKBJrl...=1g5wryy76xwbu
Awesome. 👍
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 03:43 PM #54
> Musashi
Power Ranger

eBay
Musashi
Power Ranger

eBay

I think Nate is going to end up being a lot of people's favorite BM ranger. He's certainly already mine. What a great debut episode with Nate thinking on his feet and kicking ass. Shame we're in a hiatus but at least we're ending things on a high note.
Musashi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 04:05 PM #55
> spikebuster
Power Ranger

spikebuster
Power Ranger

Pretty good episode, although Steelís voice could get annoying quickly.
spikebuster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 04:47 PM #56
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

SacredWater wrote: View Post

Also, Nate's arachnophobia was similar to Zack's from "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
Or Shane's in Ninja Storm, first mentioned in "Beauty and the Beach".
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 04:49 PM #57
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

An unique introduction for a new ranger. However, I feel like the episode would work better as a two-parter.

Steel seems to have a fun personality but it's still too early to judge.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 05:10 PM #58
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

An unique introduction for a new ranger. However, I feel like the episode would work better as a two-parter.

Steel seems to have a fun personality but it's still too early to judge.
I do wonder about Steel. If done too much, it'll get annoying. But he was fairly fun here and quite similar to J with his somewhat egotistical attitude. We'll see how it plays out. Or maybe how long it'll take for Nate to get tired of Steel's "big brother-ness".
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:44 PM #59
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

Episode 8 Review - Beetle Brothers!

Nice to see new rangers introduction before hiatus!
I like Scrozzleís plan of bringing Evox to human world by creating Cybergate, which also requires Nate, to create Evoxís body (which turns out to be J/Stag).
Didnít realize Nate was somewhat famous (or smart) enough to put on magazine.

I also didnít realize how brave Zoey was for putting spider on her hand; Iím arachnophobic so that scene kind of spooked me. lol
(Seriously, when was the last time someone in Power Rangers (or even Sentai) hold/put real spider on their hands?).

Ben and Betty were surprisingly useful by accidentally dropping tracker on truck, which lead rangers to Nate and Evox.

Itís no surprise that Nate got to be ranger (Gold), since there were so many build up with previous episodes, once again retaining continuity.
Iím also surprised that Steel/Silver Ranger (J/Stag Buster) joined the team as well, since I assumed, he would temporarily be evil (Evoxís temporary body) before turning good.
Itís still kind of weird that both ranger beetles are mantis (Gold) and scarab (Silver) rather than rhino and stag respectively; I guess rhino and stag arenít common beetle in USA (or New Zealand). Bit nitpicky, but still.
I like Nate explanation of how Steel is ďhumanĒ, since scarab beetle DNA was fused with Nate/human DNA, which technically makes Steel, Nate brother (wish came true!). A very interesting relationship between human and robot.

As for new character (and ranger), Steel, he was very comedic and three-dimensional.
He has more personality than other Beast Bots who are justÖ there and not much character.
His character is pretty close to Sentai counterpart, J in that perspective.
Iím looking forward to see how Steel would interact with Beast Bots.

The ending makes me wonder how Scrozzle is going to get Evox's body, since he has not given up on Cybergate and getting body. Looks like Steel is wanted robot for next couple of episodes. Scrozzle is best among the villains, which was surprising, since he has more personality and character, than Blaze and Roxy (even Evox). Despite Power Rangers original, he's essentially Enter (Go-busters main villain) of the series, even though Blaze has Dark Buster body.
I like that he's essentially a mad scientist villain, which is somewhat unique and rare to see not only in Power Rangers, but Sentai as well.
Interestingly, when Go-busters was airing there was an interview with Hiroya Matsumoto (Jin/Beet Busters (Gold)) that Jin character was meant/rumored to be mad scientist character, so I'm curious if Hasbro got that inspiration/idea behind Scrozzle.

Itís nice that my favorite character of the season got to be ranger, with build-up that paid off.
So far Nate and Steel are two of the best characters of the season (similar to Sentai counterpart) and Iím looking forward how their brotherly relationship build-on.
Itís one of the better episodes of the season and it was nice that it ended on high note before hiatus.

5/5 beetles!
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 02:04 AM #60
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

... They changed a rhinoceros beetle ranger into a mantis ranger...

When his future zord is quite obviously a beetle? And the people saying the zord doesn't look like anything in particular: No, the base look doesn't. Just like the base model of the others don't. But the animal version does, as does the megazord mode.

In what fucked up reality did hasbros writers think these could pass as a mantis?

And i missing something? Why did ben and Betty thing the commander would be mad they accidentally tracked the monster?

Steel has a generic robot voice, the explanation for Steel Morphing is Lame, Nate just doesn't work as a Ranger
No, generic robot voice was Robo Knight. I literally could not stand listening to him for more than like 2 seconds.

I agree the reasoning for him morphing was stupid. If that was all it took, why didn't the other Beast Bots morph? Surely they would have absorbed some of Nate's DNA during his experiments on them as well.

And as others have explained, you offer zero reasons why you think Nate doesn't work a ranger. So either your reasons are shallow, you're trying to for some reason get on the Blake Foster bandwagon or some other reason.

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; April 28th, 2019 at 02:04 AM.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote